Is it a side effect of contraceptive

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Is it a side effect of contraceptive

I am married for 4 months.I had regular periods (which lasts for 6days) till last month.
After 1 week of my last menstrual cycle we had unprotected sex.And i took a contraceptive
tablet (i- pill).May be after 2-3 days i started bleeding again.It was more or less similar to my periods
during first few days.But now its nearly 10-12 days,still i have slight bleeding and pain in my breasts,
giddiness and mood swings.Is it honeymoon syndrome? What should i do then?
It often takes several months for your body to acclimate to contraception. Many people experience irregular spotting, breast tenderness and mood swings as their body figures out how to let the meds regulate the hormones.

It certainly can't hurt to call the doctor to be sure that he/she is aware of your symptoms in case there is something else to consider.
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
AnnieBrooke away July 25 afternoon to J... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on Saw the babies again ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals