Is it possible to have a pimple on your clit?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My clitoris is very red and swollen with a little white head, almost like a pimple. It is EXTREMELY painful and I can barely walk or sit. I have never had anything like this, and was just recently checked for STD's for my yearly exam. My fiance' and I are very faithfull to one another, so I really do not think it is anything like that. It truely looks like a pimple under the skin. What shall I do? I wanted to try to pop it and relieve some pressure but it hurts WAY too much. I am considering the ER, but am pretty embarrassed about the whole thing.