Is it possible to ovulate but not have a period???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks in late January, and a D&C was performed.  I had a peiod 35 days after surgery and am still waiting for my second period and it has been 45 days.  I took ovulation test after my first period  and it said I ovulated on March 10. My husband and I avoided those few days cause the doc told us to wait a couple months to start trying again.  well i  have not got a period since then and a few days ago I started taking ovulation test again and it said i ovulated yesterday.  Is that possible to have ovulated back in March and then yesterday but never had a peiod between  and am still waiting, I am confused cause I thought when you ovulated an egg was released and if not fertilized you got your period?  Oh and I took a preg test and it was negative.
OPKs are not entirely reliable. They simply tell you whether or not you have a rise in LH but does not guarantee that you have ovulated.

Give your body a few months to work itself out - your hormones are probably slightly out of balance.
Since you were pregnant not to long ago, it does take a little while for your body to get back it to normal flow.  I am in nursing school and my teacher has told us that you have to ovulate first before you can have a period.  Maybe your hormone levels were up a little bit in march, but to the best of my knowledge you cannot have a period unless you have ovulated.  Hope this helps.  
i have passed 45 days still  i didn,t get periods. but pregnancy Test is negative . doctor told i get ovulated , to wait for another 2 weeks to see i get periods  or nor. otherwise go for pregnancy test
Your body chemistry is still out of wack, the medical doctors do not fix problems they banage the symptoms.  You can always speak to an herbalist, Try an herb Vitex berry/Chaste tree.

http://www.morethanalive.com/Chaste-Tree-berry-whole?id=btHCeHx7

here is a link that talked more about what it does, it is good for over all female health and also if yu need to get things back into alignment