Is it possible yeast infection can cause sores that could be confused w...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Is it possible yeast infection can cause sores that could be confused with herpes

Last week I had sex with a relatively new partner who I've been active with for the past month. Shortly after we finished I was experiencing pain on the inside of my vagina and just attributed it to the prolonged, rough sex and that I wasn't as lubricated toward the end of it. However, the pain continued for a day or two so I examined my self down there and saw a small cut right at the base of my vaginal opening and still thought it would resolve itself. So I kept examining down there and then I noticed on the third day that I had some red spots/sores around the base of my vagina and it was painful when urinating, so I made an appointment with a doctor and went to get tested for herpes. She did the swab test and I'm currently awaiting the results. She told me to steel myself for the very good possibility I had herpes based on the visual exam but that the swab test would confirm it for sure. She also checked and said I had a yeast infection and gave me Diflucan and Valtrex to begin treatment.
But I wanted to post on here everything physically going on to get input from people and to see if anyone has had a similiar experience:
1. I have sores and pain with urination. However, the sores never appeared as blisters and have not oozed or scabbed over. After noticing them on the third day no more appeared. I had no tingling, itching, fever, body aches or swollen lymph nodes at any time prior or during.
2. As for the yeast infection, it never itched or had any cottage cheesey, smelly discharge from my vagina. However, I did a soak with epsom salt and tea tree oil to relieve the pain down there and after doing that I noticed the spots greatly diminshed in pain and severity and one was actually completely gone. I also noticed that there was a lot of white yeasty look build up around the area of the sores and I'm now having white discharge into my underwear like I've seen in the past with previous yeast infections. Its been two days since I began treatment with the diflucan and the valtrex and I'm not sure if the quick healing of the spots is because of the valtrex and it almost seems like the the yeast infection symptoms are worse..but still no itchiness. Would taking the valtrex for two days act that quickly at diminishing the sores?
I guess I'm just at a loss because I'm showing symptoms of both conditions and I obviously hope and pray it's a yeast infection that is presenting with sores but I don't want to get irrationally optimistic because sores are a big herpes flag. Any input would be so appreciated.
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
krichar commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals