Is spooting considered a period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Is spooting considered a period

I haven't had a regular period since july 7th and my periods are normally very regular and heavy and last up to 7 days...At the end of July I had some light spotting which lasted 5 days but the only way u could tell or know i was spotting is if u are really looking for it..Then I missed my normal period in August and only got this same spotting again for 5 days again...Then the first of Sept I started that same spotting again..I would have never knew i was spotting except for i i checked inside for just in case...the spotting is a light pink..Now is that considered a period or what is it....
Or could this bleeding be from my Ovarine Cysts that i have and if that is the case then i am a month late for my period..