Itch-Scratch-Itch...uncontrollable labia itch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-414 comments:
Hello everyone. I am 50 to soon be 51 I had to have my tubes tied, having all my female organs removed, having to have gastric by pass surgery which also had to have a tummy tuck due to going from 400pd to 200pd. I also had other problems as in beginning diabetes, thyroid problems which resulted in having the above surgery for me to be here today. After having all this going on a bit before and now more so after the surgery I found that I too have had the problems described above and I have tried all the above with no help due to your system builds up immunity to them. I have however found and was told by my gastric by pass doctor is the reason for the itching in this area, stomach, inner thighs, ect.can result to the following. Medications as in anitobotics, So this is what was recommended to me by him and has worked 100%. Use Dove soap, dry completely, use hanes or fruit a loom underwear (make sure you keep them new and clean). He also suggested eating yogurt once a day (if break out gets worst eat more) also can apply some to that area helps the infection and the itching, I also went to my local health food store and purchased daily nutrition now PB8 pro-biotic acidophilus for life has 14 billion good bacteria ( I take fewer pills and work quickly). There are other brands but this is the most cost effective and works the fastest to me and my body. I also have found that if you take a Lipton family tea bag and place it on that area or place it between you, pad and your under ware it helps (bag not to wet just damp not burning as other things mention above). To change my diet to having more garlic and virgin olive oil (which can be rubbed on the area for moisture as in putting back moisture) and to follow the book as really been a help even thought I do not have my period it has added balance to my system and your diet can cause all these problems the books name is The Womans Advantage Diet by Dr. Henry Mallek. Also make sure if you wear nylons it adds to the problem for your body can't breath and friction with hair make sure you wear pants that are not to tight but comfortable and fit correctly in between your legs due to friction. Not to sound off the wall but some times you really need to just air out that area helps clear the problem too(great time for facial mask or bowl of strawberries). We all have to keep in mind that our bodies have so many things put into them and it has to filter them out some way and that is why we all have this problem our bodies are out of balance. All this is my personal experience so I hope it helps all of ya for it has me. My blessing go with you.....
This blog has both helped and irritated me - I feel better knowing SO many women have suffered the same thing as me, but I also am frustrated that it seems there is nothing really to do to "cure" this issue for good.

I started having an itch and irritation as many have described above when I was 12... I am now 26 and it has never stopped... only become milder or flared up on and off during these 14 years.

When I was 12, I went to my mom about it who was a nurse and we went through the various monistat creams, vagisil, vagisil extra strength.. cortisone creams, etc.

I carried on using vagisil for about 10 years to follow to stop the crazy itch- when I was out, sleeping, etc. Having to bring it to camp as a camper, to school in highschool, to college.. you get the point.  I always had a tube on me, JUST IN CASE.

Finally, after I got engaged I wanted to stop this cycle once and for all before my wedding and moving away.. I went to the gyno, had two biopsies, was sent to a dermatologist, was biopsied again.. THEY FOUND NOTHING.

After being married over a year it was driving me mad, I feared sexual activity because I would become more irritated and dry- I was angry about the whole situation.. so I started with the search and biopsies again.  My new gyno sent me to a vulvar specialist who took a biopsy and came back telling me I had something called Fordyce Spots... essentially its like eczema, but down below.  Happy it's nothing serious, but again, irritated it's there for good.

***IF YOU DIDNT READ ALL THAT, READ BELOW: ****

Don't use vagisil... it gives quick relief but will harm you in the long run.

I have recently started using something called "Fissan Baby Paste" recommended by the specialist who did my last biopsy.  It is MUCH milder than any other relief cream I have previously used, and after applying it, wait about 5 minutes and you will feel total relief.  Because it is meant for babies, it is not nearly as harmful as the other creams and can be used as needed.

Hope this will help someone.. I suppose this is just something we have to live with, best to try and get through it with the least amount of discomfort as possible.

This blog has both helped and hurt me - I feel better knowing SO many women have suffered the same thing as me, but I also am frustrated that it seems there is nothing really to do to "cure" this issue.

After being married over a year it was driving me mad, I feared sexual activity, I was angry about the whole situation.. and started with the search and biopsy again.  My new gyno sent me to a vulvar specialist who took a biopsy and came back telling me I had something called Fordyce Spots... essentially its like eczema, but down below.  

I know it's a long shot that you'll see this since it's been 2+ years since your post, but I figure it's worth a try.  I could have written your post, almost word for word, and I'm wondering if you ever found relief.  I've also been diagnosed with periodontal dermatitis that has now spread across the rest of my face, due to two misdiagnoses from my doctor, but it may not be related.  By the way, did you happen to have the Paragard IUD at the time you posted? Just wondering if all these things be  related to one another & the, supposedly non-hormonal, IUD.
i remember being very discouraged several years ago when i ran across this site, seeing all of the posts from women who had been suffering from itching for so many years and trying some of the same remedies i had tried and receiving no long-term relief.  i thought i would never find relief either, but i have.  i finally found a dermatologist who would listen and he said, no matter the cause, i was caught in an "itch/scratch" cycle and he prescribed protopic and triamcinolone acetonide creams to stop the itch and to interrupt the cycle.  and it worked - the only remedy that has worked - whether prescription, over the counter or homeopathic.  i waited six months to post this, to make sure the itch would not return and it hasn't.  after apply the creams daily for about a month and then a few times over the next couple of weeks, i no longer apply either cream now and i look and feel normal again!
I am 33 years old and been suffering from an embarrassing problem for the last 5 years.

I know you’ll hear people/Doctors say things like : Change the soap, pat dry after you urinate, cotton undies, vagisil, change your detergent, used unscented pads/ tampons, Epsom Salt bath,  change your moisturizer, topical creams, antiseptic cream ,  polysporin, visine, Tea tree oil, cold compress, etc…..Believe me,  I’ve tried everything and NOTHING worked at all.

The gynecologist recommended me to try this cream Ratio-Clobetasol Ointment 0.05%. She told me to put it on at night because it seems like that’s when it’s the itchiest but only put on a little.  After two days of using this cream….guess what… I no longer have the severe constant burning and itchiness feeling.

I hope this helps

Bok
I have been suffering with this vulvar itch since 2002 and have tbeen prescribed  just about every cream everyone else has tried and have a drawer full of over the counter ones.  I'm going to ask for this one that you are trying when I go to the dermatologist tomorrow.  Sure hope it works.  I'm at my wits end.  It now seems to be spreading to my neck and arms.  Probably because I scratch.  Has anyone tried acupuncture?
I recently found this site and it was such a relief to know I wasn't the only one with this crazy itch!  I recently ordered a product called NeoGyn from Amazon(free shipping) and it has really helped.  The first few days it didn't seem to make much difference, but after a week I can sleep through the night without scratching myself raw.  I also swithched to boy-leg underwear so there is no band rubbing in the groin area.  So cross your fingers that this continues to help.  I'm also going to start keeping track of my artificial sweetener use and see if there is any correlation.   It does seem to be better too with cooler weather.  

I couldnt even imagine doing that.  That area hurts me so much that a wax seems like torture. Just shaving it causes so much pain. I think this is advice that should be taken with extreme caution ladies.
After reading all these messages, I think I probably have lichen planus or something.  I have had theses symptoms for years, but it gets worse with age.  I would rather have a biopsy immediately.  I'm not messing around with OTC crap trial and error.  Do you think I should see a dermatologist or a GYN?
Hi I have just spent quite some time reading over all of these post. What a trial we are all suffering through! I have had insane itching (some days I worry I will cause permanent damage!) also white patches of skin for a few years now. i finally went to the doc. Got referred to an OB/GYN. Had a vulva biopsy done (the pain!! I sobbed...was so embarrassed) and have been told that there are no real nasties (like cancer) but today he told me that I have something called hyperactive keratosis. I have been prescribed a corticosteriod cream...haven't tried it yet. Am hoping for good results but don't want to take it longterm (which the doc seems to think I will have to do). I am so glad a site like this exists and hope that the thread continues. To the 13 year old who is too scared to tell her mum...please go and tell her...don't suffer through years of this if you have something that can be helped! Ladies, I feel for you all and wish that we didn't have to suffer through this pain but I am so glad I am not alone! And KB64... I think you are right...get it checked out.
Hi, I'm 37 and I too itch severely in the pubic hair area for the last 6 months.  I have used diff oils and creams.  They relieve but never cure the itch.  I thought I might have caught an STD from my ex husband  but my gyno has ruled out any STDs, thank God.   About 3 or 4 years ago though, I was diagnosed with cancerous cells in my cervix but my gyno did a procedure to cure it and now the tests for cancer comes back negative.  I thought that maybe the itch had something to do with the cancerous cells coming back ( I pray not) so I would have to ask my Dr.

Recently, the skin around my areolas started itching mildly. I wonder if the itch is related to the itch in the pubic area.  

Someone mentioned waxing.  I started triming and it seems like it helps.  I will try waxing.  

I hope that with all the info being posted someone can come up with a reason and cure.

The insane itch started for me in March of 2011. I tried everything suggested in this thread and a few more. Nothing worked for more than a few days and it would be back with a vengeance. Then on Dec 3rd, 2012 I was diagnosed with diabetes (type 2) and began taking Metformin. The next day the insane itch was gone and my girl parts were back to normal. It has been over a month and I am free of the insane itch.

In my wanting to understand diabetes better, I came across a youtube video and about half way through (at about 4min) they said that "thrush and genital itching" was a symptom of diabetes.

It was an eureka moment for me as the insane itch was already gone after taking the diabetes medication.

GET YOUR BLOOD GLUCOSE CHECKED!

LINK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHRfDTqPzj4
The youtube link didn't take proper so look up "Animation about diabetes and the body" by diabetesukcharity and get your blood glucose (sugar) checked!
Okay Ladies,
Heres what ive found out!!! For about 3 to 4 years ive itched my butt off, had a tingling to die for itch, like something was perhaps even biting me at times. I kept being told it was yeast and given all types of 1 day creams, 7 day creams, topical creams with steroids,fungal creams and pills and just go on. Anyway, i went to my Dermatologist and BINGO!!! Thats the Doc everyone needs. Regular physicians dont have a clue!!!! My dermatologist took 1 look and said--Oh i know what you need and started to write my prescription. It was Eczema!!!!!! Said so many women has been getting mis-diagnosed with yeast. Itch is gone!!!!! -Thanks to the 2 creams he gave me. Pramosone 2.5 Qty. 28.4  to take in the morning and at night Fluocinonide 0.05% substituted for Lidex 0.05 ---I itch no more.Ive learned they can give you any creams they want but if not the right ingredients especially for the problem it wont have any affect. Hope that helped ALL of you-My heart goes out to each and everyone of you because i know Its a Gift from God that answers these questions weve had. Take Care Ladies and God Bless You.
I pray to feel better like you. How did you get through it? I'm starting to get depressed.
I have been dealing with this itch now for about 2 years. The itch is on one side only, and only the outer labia. I have tried everything short of just slicing it off, and read through everything I could find on the internet about it. I went to a Dr. once for it and they told me it was nothing and sent me off with a prescription cream for dermatitis. Did nothing.
A few months ago DH and I went to the Caribbean for a vacation. Just for a few days, but we got lots of beach time in, and guess what? Itch was gone, swelling went down, I felt normal again!!! A week after we got home, it was back. Of course it got steadily worse until last week when I was truly ready to tear it off with my bare hands, and remembered that the ocean swimming helped. I found a box of Epsom salts in the back of the closet and drew a warm, shallow bath (sitz bath-like) and dumped in some of the salts. Sat in it for about 10 minutes, dried off really well and put some antibiotic cream (with pain reliever) on. Did the same thing for 3 nights in a row, and I am on my way back to heavenly normalcy!! Please try this. It worked to keep me from completely losing my mind! OH, by the way...get only PLAIN Epsom salts. No fragrance or anything! That could hurt you even more!
Just seeing your post and nothing gave me relief till i went to the dermatologist 3 years later. I scratched everyday until that time and it was torture and remind you i was living in The Beautiful Dubai at that time and could barely go anywhere because of the itching but if you look back at the first post i wrote try to get those creams and see what it does for you because i know the agony. Since you wrote last have you got on the road of feeling better or are you still dealing with it? I pray To God you've found relief. Let me know. God Bless You..
i know that your advice was posted a few years back, but like you and soooo many others i also have been suffering with the same symptoms.  Really could not explain it other than maybe hormones, but all tests and a biopsy showed nothing but the itch was still there.  No harm in trying cocnut oil i thought because like some of the other women i did not want to use a cortisone based or similar cream.  I went out first thing after reading what was written and couldn't wait to try it out - OMG i can't belive the relife yes i agree there is a itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit of an itch still but nothing compared to the suffering i used to have. I do find though that i don't need to melt the oil before hand as i find it easier to use the oil as it is as it melts quickly with the heat of my hand. Its like taking a lump of stork marge and rubbing that in [not that i've done this by the way!]   Yes if all else fails or cut corners and go staight for the cocnut oil - THANK YOU for the recomendation.
I am reading all your stories and I am so glad to have found women who have the same symptoms I have. I have been scratching myself to death on my outer labia all around the hair and sometimes it even itches all the way into the entrance of my vagina. This has been so excruciatingly painful at times. I am at my wits end. My regular doctor only gives me anti-itch creams like Topicort 0.05%, Hyderm 1% and Betaderm 1% (all cortisone based creams for the past four years at least. It stops the itch for a few minutes that's all. Please help me.
DD- it sounds like they have been treating you for parasites. I have this itch, too and have used plenty of home remedies, including leem oil. I have the itching only on my labia and not inside my vaginia. I also have a foul odor. I have had this condition for more than 10 yrs. My gyn has treated me for low hormones, yeast conditions. Nothing helps. With my own research, I have determined I have parasites. I have noticed my eyes itch, my nose, my ears, now my head is broken out with whelps. I use everything for parasites and the dr has given me anti-fungal meds for the past 2 months. I have been on the meat and veggies, no starches or sugar and no fruit. The diet has not helped. I am going back to my internist with a request to see a INFECTIOUS DISEASE DR, and check out the parasite angle. Some of these problems just might be the results of parasites. Hope you all get your answers. God bless.
Just wanted to say that I am 9 years post-menopausal and I experienced itching in the labia majus area earlier this year and it worked its way toward the anus. This was an intense itch, and I thought I definitely had a yeast infection, but my dermatologist did a culture and found that it was not yeast. After going to 3 doctors without getting the issue resolved, and since I could not get in right away to my GYN,  I decided to try some bio-identical Estriol and Progesterone cream. After using it for about 4-5 days the problem cleared up and has not returned. I had already had my hormones checked, and I would advise others to do the same. I think bio-identical hormones replacement is worth a try.
I can't believe this thread was started in 2006! I've read almost every comment here after finding it about 3 years ago. I suffered with the same intense vulvar itching (sometimes during the day, but mostly at night) for about the last 5 years! I'm 52, post menopausal now, but wasn't when I started with the itch. It was brutal - I never slept more than an hour or so, then would start furiously scratching for at least an hour straight before I fell asleep again, exhausted - only to wake up with the itch again.

Like many of you, I was told I had no infection, no yeast, no disease, and got no answers. I tried everything, I bought everything, I researched and bought things that claimed would help. Nothing helped. Most creams I used, Monistat, Tinactin, Desitin, they made me itch and burn more! I swore if I found the answer that would stop this insanity itching I would come back here and post.

I swear to all of you, what I'm saying truly did happen to me, and I truly finally stopped it. Not only that, but I did it on my own, with the cheapest ingredients. PLEASE HEAR ME OUT! Because I didn't think this would do a damn thing to help, but I was out of things to try, and refused to give up. I simply could not live like this anymore. I was convinced I had some type of yeast that was causing all this havoc.

I took a small clean plastic container, a small bathroom cup, the 3 oz size. I bought distilled white vinegar, a big jug, (it's so cheap) a container of sea salt, hydrogen peroxide (also cheap) and some cotton pads, the oval kind, you can get them at CVS.

I've read other forums where women say to soak tampons in a similar solution and insert, but honestly, my itching was only external, so I wasn't interested in that. Others say garlic is essential, well, I used garlic the first few days, but never after that. Ok, so here's exactly what I did - I'm not saying these amounts have to be exact, but this is what worked for me:

1. Fill about half that cup with the sea salt and pour into the container.
2. Fill about a cup and a half of distilled white vinegar in next. (Note: don't use apple cider vinegar. It's wonderful, and I take it regularly, but not for this, because it can actually ferment and cause yeast to grow.)
3. Fill about half to a full cup of hydrogen peroxide and add to the mix.
4. Take a clean spoon, I use a plastic one, and stir this all up well. Some of the salt may not all dissolve so quickly, but stir it up as best you can.
5. Like I said, the first time I made this solution, I thought I'd try the garlic, because it is a powerful yeast killer, and actually used about a quarter cupful of garlic powder into the solution. I'm not really sure it was necessary, and it smelled like salad dressing lol, but quickly disappeared, so don't think you'll smell like this all day. :)

So all I did was soak a cotton pad in the solution (make sure your hands are clean) and gently cleaned and pressed it against my vulva, and anywhere I was itching. The first week, I'd use 2 pads soaked, because I'd go all around the outside, then also press the pad up into the clit area, and into the vagina a bit, and even do this around your anus (last!) if you have itching there too. I will warn you, the first few times I did this, it burned like a son of a *****!! But it wasn't unbearable, and it just reminded me it was killing whatever was itching me. I sat on the toilet when I did it, and just left the solution on for a minute or so. Then I took another pad, poured some peroxide on, and cleaned everything again. I went to bed, but first made sure I was totally dry. The easiest way was to lay back and have a fan blow on me (a trick I'd use when I was really itchy sometimes to get a minute of relief!)

The first time I did this, I remember it burning a bit in bed, but not for long. But I swear, and I'm telling you all, I would not say this if it wasn't true, I slept the whole night without a single itch! In one use of this homemade stuff! I didn't stop there, though, because I used it morning and night for a week. When I ran out, I made a fresh batch, but no garlic. Lol

Ladies, I've used this solution for the past month, and I have never had even a hint of an itch after that first night, I swear on everything holy! I even smell better there now. In case you're wondering, I'm not shaved, but I've tried, and the itch was there either way.

The only other thing I do is I stopped using soap of any kind in that area too. Before I shower, I'll wash with my salt, vinegar, and peroxide solution and then just rinse with water. I've never felt cleaner or fresher!

I've since bought a small plastic bottle with a flip top, and I keep this solution by my sink. I still use it morning and night, one quick wipe and another rinse with peroxide on a wipe. I don't even know if I still need it, but I'm afraid to stop, and it's become like brushing my teeth now! I still sit in amazement from time to time, because I sleep straight through the night, and have almost completely forgotten the agony of itching and scratching - thank God!

PLEASE, PLEASE, ANYONE READING THIS WHO MAY HAVE THE SAME UNKNOWN TYPE OF ITCH I HAD - PLEASE GIVE THIS SIMPLE SOLUTION A TRY. AND POST BACK SO OTHERS WILL BE CONVINCED.

I was a medical professional for over 25 years, and I know for a fact none of the ingredients in this will harm the body.
I wanted to make sure I was completely itch-free before posting.

I hope this helps some of you suffering out there like I did, and I wish you all the wonderful feeling of a full night's sleep, and then waking up and thinking, "Holy sh*t! I didn't itch and scratch last night at all!" :)

Post back if you try this and it works for you!
Regards to all,
Katie
I started to have crazy labia itching a few weeks ago. It wasn't bacterial, fungal, or viral. It was due to pinched nerves in my lower back. I tried many creams and such and nothing was helping until I tried a vaginal cream with 20% benzocaine & 3% resorcinol. Vagisil cream is one, but Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc all make their own brands. I can apply it & get 8 hours of sleep again.
I have dealt with vulva itching for the past 7 months.i was tested for sad all were negative. I tried several things: treated with diflucan for yeast, was told it was bacterial vaginosis and was treated with flagyl, changed detergents, soaps, and lotion, wore cotton panties, no panties! I even tried home remedies drinking buttermilk, eating yogurts, putting yogurt on outside of my vagina. Nothing helped!.Tried monistat, vagisil, still no relief.The only thing that gave me any relief was benadryl or benadryl cream. My doctor finally told me I would just have to keep using the benadryl but I couldn't work and take the pills. Last week  I changed doctors. She said It was yeast! I thought ok here we go again. She gave me sum terazol vaginal suppositorie and said yeast can get outside your vagina too and the medicine will get there to. So I tried the suppositories., two rounds of it. Didn't work either. I was to the point I thought this was something I would just have to deal with. My vaginal skin was thick, burned when I urinated because I had scratched so much. I felt jittery and my heart raced when I scratched. It was get very depressing. So I called the doctor back told her that the meds didn't help either. She called in Nystatin/Triamcinolone 1% cream to apply twice a day. I've used it for a week. No itching after the 3rd day and my vagina looks normal again. I guess it was yeast after all, just needed that stronger med with the steroid in it applied directly to the site. I feel like a new woman now that I've gotten rid of the 7 month itch.
Hi Shortcake719,

I've suffered, like you, for many years.  We are the same age!  I've been to the docs more times than I care to mention, and have had NO relief.  Everything you've described is the same for me!  Hang in there.
I posted here on September 2, and wanted to update. It's been 3 months and I'm still itch free, using only the simple home ingredients I described in my previous post. There was one time I wanted to test what happened when I stopped, so I did for a week. I started to feel a slight tinge of that familiar itch towards the end of the week, and started cleaning with the solution again, morning and night. Itch is gone again. I'm not stopping because it's too simple, and feels too good not to! I just wanted you all to know. I know we may have different issues that will cause the same type of itch, but I do hope someone tries this and it works for them!
Where can I purchase these products?
I live in douglasville...are you better now? I'm still suffering
I suspect pinched nerves may be the cause of mine. How did you come by that diagnosis?
It's now January 2014 and I've been itch free since September 2013. Please see my previous detailed post from September 2, 2013. I use simple ingredients anyone can buy, but the combination of them truly stopped the itch in it's tracks!
I hope someone tries it and reports back here. This thread has been going on way too long with way too much suffering!
Elomet cream from Amazon. Dr.'s never helped with all their creams. Tried all the different stuff people recommended on here. Spent sooo much money, tried all the different steps, and still suffered for 8 yrs. Order Elomet!!
Crazy suggestion but decided to try since I had all the stuff on hand.  WOW... It worked.  First night was scared the burn was going to be unbearable.  Yes, it did burn but was tolerable.  The most amazing thing followed.....I slept ALL night long.  That was a first for many years. Thanks for the post and your updates.
I am soooo glad this helped you! Thank you for posting back. I know we all have different issues, but I also know someone besides me would benefit from this! I hope you stay itch free forever!
Best,
Katie
I've been dealing with this issue for about 5 years. I believe the reason for me is hormonal. I find that a few days before my menstrual cycle starts I start to itch in the upper creases of the labia major at night only. never during the day. It then disappears of it's own accord a few days into my cycle.
When it first started for me the itching was so intense I'd make myself bleed from tearing the skin whilst scratching but now it's quite dull and becoming less frequent. I know that if the itching is more intense than usual then my period will also be heavier than normal.
I also have noticed that now that I am not cycling - pesky knee injury - it doesn't occur as frequently or intensely. So my belief that for me the following issues are problems and may be an issue for other women:
1. Hormones - it may be worth tracking the itch cycle, though if it's everyday and not linked to a menstraul cycle it obviously isn't the case
2. Clothing - my constant gym gear and tight clothing was a problem
3. Hygiene - constant sweat from exercise or improper showers when camping made it flare up
4. The labia themselves - mine are larger than normal and my pubic hair grows slightly inside the folds which is quite normal. I find the hair on the inside is quite irritating
5. Pressure - being on a bike saddle all day plus a job that had me seated places a lot of pressue on the labia and made it quite painful

Cleaning the area with oatmeal based soaps that aren't perfumed have worked wonders along with showering or birdbathing the area and keeping it very dry has worked wonders. If the itch becomes unbearable oatmeal baths are very soothing and provided I haven't broken the skin tea tree or eucalyptus creams keep the area disinfected and help soothe. Also ice packs work well and an anti-histamine also helps deaden the itch.

I cant offer a diagnosis but I hope that helps shed light on the issue.

Hi Katie, I just read your post and Im going to try it out. Thank you for posting it.
Im about to cry from suffering this itchiness,. its annoying and painful. :((
I ahve a question for you.. Do you wach with water after using all this method? or u just keep peroixide the lasy thing on?
Alson one more thing.. Have you searched this : Lichen sclerosus ?
Im thinking I have this thing but not sure. I really would like to know whats this so we can cure it.
I will use your method but should we do this forever? I want to be cured for good :(
Hi, I hope you find relief with this method too. When I do it before I shower, when I get in the shower I rinse with only water (no soap). If I do it when waking up or before bed, no, the last thing I leave is the peroxide, but try to dry yourself as best as possible afterwards.
I've read up on Lichen Sclerosis, but in my case at least, I don't think this is it. If it was, I couldn't cure it as easily as I have.
One thing I noticed, if I slack off and stop cleaning thoroughly, (once I didn't use the solution for more than a week) it started to itch again. Not like before, but enough to remind me. So I keep a small container in my bathroom and just keep making the solution when I run out. I've even taken it on vacation in a small travel bottle with flip top lid.
I do hope it helps you! Let us know what happens.
Best,
Katie
I read all of these articles. I found yours intriguing. I did try it last night, after wanting to scratch certain parts to death.
You are right it does burn, A LOT. I was on my way to the shower, when it let up. :)  I did it again, burn, relief. I did use two pads, ( a liner cut in two), took it to bed, Again, I knew it would burn, it did, but then relief. It is now morning, and I have applied it again, it did burn for seconds, but ALL IN ALL, I have had much relief.
Thank you so much
Sooooo happy this is helping some of you! Thanks for letting me know. :)
I tried this but the burn was unbearable after "sticking it out" for a few seconds only... But then I have scratched myself raw in places. But will give it a go again, if I can only stop scratching long enough to heal!!
Ok, plucked up the courage to try this again, but only after icing the area for 10 mins first :-)  Tolerable this time!  I will persevere though, as it has got to be better than this itch!!
It really works for me. I use it all the time, because I've tried stopping and it seems the itch does try to come back if I don't use it for awhile. I've never had anymore sleepless nights though, and I had insane itching for years! Mostly at night, I never slept at all.

And yes, if you've scratched yourself raw this will burn terribly, but you'll find as you keep cleaning like this, you won't feel any burn at all, just clean.

I've taken it as another step in my hygiene now, like brushing my teeth. I just don't go without it. It's incredibly cheap to mix up too.

Don't give up!
Katie, have been trying this for about 2 weeks.  it seems to work to contain the itching so I can sleep - what a relief!  What I want to know is - has the "toilet paper" residue gone away for you?  I still have this issue with occasional itching during the day.  Please let me know, and thanks so much!!
Oh, you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that more and more of you have tried this and it's also working for you!
Yes, When I used to scratch a lot I had...hard to explain...but like shavings or little pieces of maybe residual paper. Is that what you mean? If so, I no longer have that. I also used to have a smell, not necessarily bad like with yeast infections, but more like a stale smell? That's gone too. :)
Hope this helps.
Best,
Katie
This cream is wonder.. Ive used it too. But guess what? once you stop using it.. wait a week or two max and the itchiness with come back. ;(
I had to go back to it again for 1 week use.. I stopped and the itchiness came back again.
The problem is you cant keep on using this cream for that skin more than 2weeks.
Thanks for posting this.  I have suffered on and off for 40 years.  Have been able to control it with Cortizone creams but then it recurs. I have to stop the Cortizone has it's prolonged use is causing other problems.  I'm curious as to where you came up with your formulation. What made you think of using vinegar, sea salt, and hydrogen peroxide together - and in those particular amounts?  Are you worried about the long-term effects of hydrogen peroxide on the delicate skin in the area?
I found this solution on another forum, I didn't invent it myself. I only know it works. I was a healthcare professional for over 25 years, and I've also consulted with colleagues, and I'm not concerned with any adverse effects of the peroxide. To the contrary, peroxide facilitates the restoration of normal vaginal bacterial flora and has been documented to treat recurrent bacterial vaginosis. It's quite harmless, and in fact, beneficial to us down there!
I've had insane vulvar itching for about 20 months.  I've seen numerous Doctors, spoken with pharmacists, and wasted plenty of money on things that don't work.  I've tried so many different creams.  Some offer temporary relief.  The itch (and sometimes burn) is most severe just prior to my period, and during.  My friend told me about the hydrogen peroxide idea, so I will try your recipe.  I hope it works.  Hugs to anyone dealing with this!
Viewing 401-414 comments: