Itch-Scratch-Itch...uncontrollable labia itch
H-E-L-P!!!

I've had this uncontrollable itch on my outer labia's for the past 7 years. Everyday I itch, I feel like a freak because I am always scratching (not in public). My labia gets sore from the scratching and I break skin often from scratching. I have tried everthing, but it doesn't go away. I know it's not an STD because I went to the doctor's and have been tested.  However they haven't helped me none.  The labia skin is thickened from the scratching, is very dry (white-like) and flaky (at times).  So are my inner thighs at the crease yet they do not itch that often. There are no bumps but my skin is raised, and I don't know what it is.  I thought about Lichen, but I do not see my vagina changing in that form, like the pictures that I have researched.  Please Please help me figure out what other problems there might be. I have been in the same relationship all this time.  Also, if you know any remedies for the itching, please send my way. I use All Free & Clear laundry detergent, and wash with warm water as I fell needed throughout the day. I also don't get my period often, I tied my tubes in 2003, so I don't take any BC. I am not on any medication.  Just looking for what else might there be...

Thanks, Itchy_Itchy
I read all of these articles. I found yours intriguing. I did try it last night, after wanting to scratch certain parts to death.
You are right it does burn, A LOT. I was on my way to the shower, when it let up. :)  I did it again, burn, relief. I did use two pads, ( a liner cut in two), took it to bed, Again, I knew it would burn, it did, but then relief. It is now morning, and I have applied it again, it did burn for seconds, but ALL IN ALL, I have had much relief.
Thank you so much
Sooooo happy this is helping some of you! Thanks for letting me know. :)
Katie, I just think you are the best for posting what helped you and helping so many others so I have noticed. I tried it after so many other trials as I don't want to use cortizone and so far it is working after extreme stinging lol!  I hang onto a towel or something while it is stinging so greatly until it subsides in a minute or less.  Even though scratching feels sooooo good, I know it will never go away if I continue to scratch so stinging it is. Thanks Katie for sharing what truly works if you can handle the stinging part. :) <3
I tried this but the burn was unbearable after "sticking it out" for a few seconds only... But then I have scratched myself raw in places. But will give it a go again, if I can only stop scratching long enough to heal!!
Over the counter Benedryl cream works well for me.  That and ice.
Ok, plucked up the courage to try this again, but only after icing the area for 10 mins first :-)  Tolerable this time!  I will persevere though, as it has got to be better than this itch!!
It really works for me. I use it all the time, because I've tried stopping and it seems the itch does try to come back if I don't use it for awhile. I've never had anymore sleepless nights though, and I had insane itching for years! Mostly at night, I never slept at all.

And yes, if you've scratched yourself raw this will burn terribly, but you'll find as you keep cleaning like this, you won't feel any burn at all, just clean.

I've taken it as another step in my hygiene now, like brushing my teeth. I just don't go without it. It's incredibly cheap to mix up too.

Don't give up!
Katie, have been trying this for about 2 weeks.  it seems to work to contain the itching so I can sleep - what a relief!  What I want to know is - has the "toilet paper" residue gone away for you?  I still have this issue with occasional itching during the day.  Please let me know, and thanks so much!!
Oh, you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that more and more of you have tried this and it's also working for you!
Yes, When I used to scratch a lot I had...hard to explain...but like shavings or little pieces of maybe residual paper. Is that what you mean? If so, I no longer have that. I also used to have a smell, not necessarily bad like with yeast infections, but more like a stale smell? That's gone too. :)
Hope this helps.
Best,
Katie
did your am urine have a weird smell? super strong? no matter how much water I have, I do. It is very dark, brownish too, but NO infection per the doctor.
This cream is wonder.. Ive used it too. But guess what? once you stop using it.. wait a week or two max and the itchiness with come back. ;(
I had to go back to it again for 1 week use.. I stopped and the itchiness came back again.
The problem is you cant keep on using this cream for that skin more than 2weeks.
Thanks for posting this.  I have suffered on and off for 40 years.  Have been able to control it with Cortizone creams but then it recurs. I have to stop the Cortizone has it's prolonged use is causing other problems.  I'm curious as to where you came up with your formulation. What made you think of using vinegar, sea salt, and hydrogen peroxide together - and in those particular amounts?  Are you worried about the long-term effects of hydrogen peroxide on the delicate skin in the area?
I found this solution on another forum, I didn't invent it myself. I only know it works. I was a healthcare professional for over 25 years, and I've also consulted with colleagues, and I'm not concerned with any adverse effects of the peroxide. To the contrary, peroxide facilitates the restoration of normal vaginal bacterial flora and has been documented to treat recurrent bacterial vaginosis. It's quite harmless, and in fact, beneficial to us down there!
I've had insane vulvar itching for about 20 months.  I've seen numerous Doctors, spoken with pharmacists, and wasted plenty of money on things that don't work.  I've tried so many different creams.  Some offer temporary relief.  The itch (and sometimes burn) is most severe just prior to my period, and during.  My friend told me about the hydrogen peroxide idea, so I will try your recipe.  I hope it works.  Hugs to anyone dealing with this!
I found this thread out of looking desperately for an answer as I have suffered from this horrible itch for nearly two years. Same blah blah blah as I have read here. Dr. prescribe ointments they help a few days and then it seems worse seems worse at night. KATIE, I read your story and the solution, had all the ingredients, Tried it right away, in five hours my itching was back but it was nearing bedtime so I did it again. Slept through the night, (except for my cat waking me up) woke up with no itching. The area even feels less inflamed, calmer, OH MY Goodness, what a relief. I have imagined all sorts of horrible things were wrong with me because drs. appeared to be unable to help. So far after only 24 hours I feel SUCH RELIEF, and pray it is for good and continues. I will follow this routine as you suggested for as long as it takes and I already feel for the first time in over a year, not preoccupied with the discomfort. May God Bless you for sharing this with those of us suffering. I was a tiny bit skeptical but am a firm believer in home remedies like this as for example raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar has helped my arthritic gout. So Katie Bless you for sharing and helping. Also I had faith in your post as it was STRAIGHT ON, down to earth and even humorous, yes it did burn like a son of a b****, lol, but it didn't last long. I think the only reason mine was back in 5 hours after one treatment, is I have had it two years, irritated from scratching and I feel the ointments drs. suggested irritated it further. The second application made a huge difference. Will keep you posted about my progress but so far so good, Again, May God Bless you for your heartfelt understanding of how some of us have suffered and sharing. You are my Hero today!!!! Best I have felt in two years. xoxoxoxo
Oh, im sooooo glad!! Yes, keep at it, I suffered for more than a year. And sometimes I slack off and don't clean with it for a few days...I can feel a slight tinge of itch! I go right back to it! I don't know why it comes back, but it must have something to do with a certain bacteria, or outside yeast (I've never had internal itching) or something. But in the meantime, I can keep it away and that's all that matters to me! I've been itch free almost a whole year now! Just getting a full night's sleep is blissful!
Thank you so very much for posting your experience and for your kind words of thanks, :)
Best,
Katie
Well I'm off to mix some up, this has got to stop...not bothering with the Dr. at this point.  I've been experiencing this for 2 or 3 months now, I can't imagine some of you dealing with it for years!  I would really like it to stop so, among other things, I can have sex with my husband..couldn't even think about it with this stupid stuff going on.
Just tried it without the Garlic powder, yep it burns a bit but tolerable.  Headed for bed still itchy, will post in AM on first night results.
Katie,
It's been 5 years and I just can't stand it any more.  SO excited to see your recipe....will try and report back.
Fingers crossed.
Lydia
Just tried this  as I had all the ingredients on hand. I was pretty skeptical as nothing has worked thus far. Minor burning for 2 minutes, then ....nothing. Mind you it has only been 4 hours but this is the first relief I have had in over 2 years. OB GYN didn't help  but this sure has. I am only hoping it lasts! So for you skeptics I say give it a try! Katie, this is an older post but if you happen to see this  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Wow! I still can't believe it's helping so many besides me! But you're welcome. I used to itch for years, 5 years I think! And nothing ever helped me. I still don't know what it is, but I know how to keep it away, so that's enough for me right now.
I hope you get restful nights and no more itching!
Okay, I've just been scratching myself raw fir a month now.   I've only experienced this wheni inadvertently get I involved with poison ivy,  and then get distracted...same insane itch.  It's still a little early for poison ivy,  but what else could it be?.....

I've tried cortisone cream, neosporin (for the raw patches), and eventually tried good old (and I do mean OLD!) Unguentine -the pain gone instantly, but the itch comes back.  I was reading up on benzocaine (and what topical to find it in) and somehow discovered this thread, thank goodness.

I might have lichen, I think I have a little eczema (from dry skin in winter only, disappears in spring.  I thought it might be fungal or viral, mostly from went awayresearch mentioning 'toilet paper bits', so even tried plain old yogurt.  And it seemed to go away.

but then, I started eating a couple servings of greek yogurt (flavored) after giving it up for awhile due to having binged enough, and now, the itch is back.  So now, im going to go mix up a batch of your magic, and will let you know how it goes.   Thanks so much!.  
OMG, you have saved my life.  Your mix of sea salt, white vinegar and peroxide made the itch stop after one day.  After 5 years of wanting to claw at myself in public....I have found relief.  

Thank you thank you thank you for posting!!!!
SCRATCH NO MORE....  This is a follow-up to my input of 3/1/2012.  I have now been itch-free and "normal" with NO relapses (not even a twinge) for 2  and 1/2 years now.

I wanted to see how many more were still suffering so came to the blog site again, and was horrified that there are still so many remaining suffers.  My itching was directly caused by candida.  I have been taking Candida Cleanse (by Rainbow Light; 2 tabs in the AM and 2 in the PM) daily (alternating with Probotic 10 - 25 billion every 30 days). This is a permanent solution without having to put on daily creams/ointments or having to avoid certain type of clothing.  If nothing else, what have you got to lose.  Neither the Candida Cleanse nor the probiotics have side effects.  But whatever you do, Do Your Own Research! The internet is a readily available and powerful tool.

Best of Luck to Everyone!
Reading all the post after trying to find a  answer My problem is not just itching in the area BUT also in the clitoris like it is tender .Cant wear anything tight  or have anything rub against it. Have tried all the creams seen 2 Drs been tested Nothing I cant do normal things Anyone else
Do you mean 1-1/2 cups of the 3oz cup or 12 0z of vintage. Same with the peroxide.
I meant the 3oz cups, but if you'd like to mix more, just use equal parts salt and peroxide and about double the amount of vinegar.
Just to respond to V2Resident's post,

I also tried Candida Cleanse, and probiotics. They actually increased my itching, but did nothing to stop it. I was disappointed because I thought it would work, also thinking it was due to Candida overgrowth. I tried it for more than 2 months when I abandoned that and in a desperate measure tried the home solution and it worked for me overnight. Not to mention a whole lot cheaper than buying all those expensive products, which, by the way, you'll have to keep taking, so it's not a permanent solution either.

Different methods will work for different women depending on our conditions, so I suggest trying both - you've got nothing to lose except the itch!
I'm trying this at 2:30 at night.  It seems the cheapest and easiest "cure" I've read of all these posts.  Who wouldn't want to use household products to make something cheap and reliable?  Am burning like crazy but was ready for that.  I've scratched myself bloody so many times for a couple of decades.  Very exhausting and depressing.  I will let you know if it works!  Thanks so much for posting and I do hope this trick works.  I will be a godsend!!
I have just found this forum...I am so glad I'm not alone in this nightmare.  I have scratched myself raw for well over ten years (both vagina and bottom), it has taken over my life. I can't have a relationship, I hate exercising because any moisture makes it 100 times worse, I hate my vagina because if has turned on me. I know this sounds dramatic but it feels like my itch has taken over everything...I'm so embarrassed, depressed and ashamed :-(
Hi Katie, I have also been suffering from this for about 15 years now. It's totally depressing and I can't remember the last time I had a good night sleep without having to wake up because of intense itch.

I will be trying your method and have a question to ask (or to anybody who has tried Katie's method).

Have you tried applying the solution while there are still wounds from scratching? Or do you wait for the wounds to heal first before applying it?
Hi Amanda,

Take care when applying it if you've recently scratched yourself sore. It depends on your tolerance, but if you do it will burn! I've done it without waiting but I couldn't stand it so I had to. And after using the solution, take a clean pad with only peroxide and this will sooth it.

Hope this helps!
Katie
I know your post may be old, but just wanted to put in my bit.  I have had such itching and burning for about 4 months. I am a mature woman 62 yrs old. I went through 4 tubes of Canesten cream cause the doctor though it was thrush, but it was only on the outside.  Then, my female doctor told me get apple cider vinegar, and put one capful into 4 cups of warm water.  She told me to just take my hand and flush myself with this apple cider vinegar water. It was amazing. At first it burned, but it totally cured my itching and burning. My doc said the apple cider vinegar stabilized the ph balance and the reason I had so much itching and burning in the first place was that I had too much acid in my body.  The apple cider vinegar wash on the outside was a saving grace.  So good and Soooo cheap.
Hi Katie

I have just ordered hydrogen peroxide and sea salt so I can try your solution...I so desperately hope it works for me.  I've read all the posts so I'm hopeful it will work as well on me, but i worry that this has become a psychosomatic itch - this is pretty much what my dr tells me it is. I even had my labia reduced in surgery in the hope that less "meat" down there would mean less itch...no such luck!

I don't understand why drs are so unaware of this condition, I have had zero understanding or help apart from ever-increasing strengths of steroid creams.

Thank you for offering a possibly solution xxx
Wow, that was a drastic measure to have surgery for this! I do not think this is psychosomatic at all though, no way!

I hope you get relief when you try the solution. If you find it's not working like you hoped, add some garlic (either powder or fresh crushed) to it, because garlic is a powerful anti-fungal.
Hi Katie,
I am at my whits end with all this itching. Doctors tell me its just dryness (kind of like eczema) but no cream has helped and it seems to be spreading worse. So I too am trying you mixture. I started it last night. I will update in a few weeks to let people know if it worked for me.
Thanks for giving us hope for a solution.
Thank you...I wish you the best!
I am not one that posts or replies to comments, I just read them, but this time I just had to thank you soooo much.  I am one that is always skeptic about home remedies, but out of desperation I tried this and it works!!! I finally found this site last week in the middle of the night after not being able to sleep because I had scratched myself raw. I started this three days ago and now I don't itch. Really. And this has been going on for years. It's always been that every time I touched the area at all, like when wiping or showering, it would scream "scratch me, scratch me." Anyone reading this thread, try it.
I need the recipe please
Can you repost the recipe please?
Ok, so here's exactly what I did - I'm not saying these amounts have to be exact, but this is what worked for me:

It's further up on this thread, but here it is again:

I took a small clean plastic container, a small bathroom cup, the 3 oz size. I bought distilled white vinegar, a big jug, (it's so cheap) a container of sea salt, hydrogen peroxide (also cheap) and some cotton pads, the oval kind, you can get them at CVS.

1. Fill about half that cup with the sea salt and pour into the container.
2. Fill about a cup and a half of distilled white vinegar in next. (Note: don't use apple cider vinegar. It's wonderful, and I take it regularly, but not for this, because it can actually ferment and cause yeast to grow.)
3. Fill about half to a full cup of hydrogen peroxide and add to the mix.
4. Take a clean spoon, I use a plastic one, and stir this all up well. Some of the salt may not all dissolve so quickly, but stir it up as best you can.
5. Like I said, the first time I made this solution, I thought I'd try the garlic, because it is a powerful yeast killer, and actually used about a quarter cupful of garlic powder into the solution. I don't always make it with the garlic, but do use it for the first few times you mix this up,

So all I did was soak a cotton pad in the solution (make sure your hands are clean) and gently cleaned and pressed it against my vulva, and anywhere I was itching. The first week, I'd use 2 pads soaked, because I'd go all around the outside, then also press the pad up into the clit area, and into the vagina a bit, and even do this around your anus (last!) if you have itching there too. I will warn you, the first few times I did this, it burned like a son of a *****!! But it wasn't unbearable, and it just reminded me it was killing whatever was itching me. I sat on the toilet when I did it, and just left the solution on for a minute or so. Then I took another pad, poured some peroxide on, and cleaned everything again. I went to bed, but first made sure I was totally dry. The easiest way was to lay back and have a fan blow on me (a trick I'd use when I was really itchy sometimes to get a minute of relief!)

The first time I did this, I remember it burning a bit in bed, but not for long. But I swear, and I'm telling you all, I would not say this if it wasn't true, I slept the whole night without a single itch! And I have been for over a year now.

Good luck! The only reason I keep subscribed to updates to this thread is to see if it helps others. :)

Best,
Katie
Awesome!! The only reason I stay subscribed to this thread is to see if it helps others like me! :)
So on Friday the 25th I picked up the ingredients went home and immediately made my first batch and have used it twice a day for the last 3 days....IT WORKS!!!! I have NOT had the urge to scratch at all!!!  For me, it did burn like a #$%# and has burned a little less each time, but like Katie said, it's bearable...I'd much rather have that feeling for a minute or two than to want to scratch my skin right off my body...and that's almost the point to where I was getting to. I've been having this issue for 6 months-1 year and the Dr. told me I had dry skin and to try Vaseline after cleansing and drying...didn't work, I have tried a multitude of the over the counter creams, etc....nothing worked, I thought I was doomed to just live with this awful THING! If you are experiencing a similar issue, please give this a try. Thank you Katie for posting this!
Yay! One less itching woman in the world! :)
I honesty have had this problem for over 2 decades now.  Have tried cream after cream and all that was left in the end was the frustration.  To say that I've bloodied myself in my sleep is the understatement of the century.  I've been doing this vinegar/sea salt/peroxide regimen for about a month now and although it's not entirely gone...boy is it better!  Before, there was what I always called "frosted flakes" on my labia as the skin would peel off...SO painful and oh so itchy!  My worst health problem ever and I feel better!  Yes it burns.  Yes it's worth it.  Like I said, I've had it for a long long time so this is no small case.  It's been HORRIBLE.  Thank you Kate, whoever you are.  Simple cheap ingredients and loads of help.  I do this twice a day and when I wake up itching so I can go back to sleep.
Oh! My word.  Had this problem for the last 7 years.  However my Dr said it never goes away, but prescribed persivate ointment,  it hels, but you need to always keep it close.  My life got better since persivate, and dove soap.
Katie,
I have had a terrible itching problem for 10+ years,  have been told I have chronic yeast and recently eczema.  I have been using a prescription cortisone creams for a couple of years and would still continue to itch every day.  I just tried your mix yesterday and am feeling much better already, I have felt the itch twice today.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  Obviously from all the posts you are changing ladies lives!
LisaG
Thanks LisaG!

I'm happy to hear it's starting to help you! I'm amazed it's helped so many! I do think it's a chronic issue, and I'm fairly sure it involves yeast. I know this because if I stop for awhile, the itch will start to come back. I'm hoping it will continue to work and the yeast won't get used to it and then become immune to it. In the meantime, I'm researching other things, like Candida cleanses and probiotics, among other things. I'll update if I find anything else that's useful for all of us.

It's mind blowing how many women have posted here thanking me! It makes me feel wonderful though! :) I hope we all continue to have relief and restful sleep! For me, although I'd itch during the day at times, for the most part it was always during the night.

Best,
Katie
I am so pleased I have found this thread. I've been dealing with this on and off for over 10 years. It's always in the same place and the place of itch, shall we say, is the size of a pin-head. I sometimes itch so much it produces a slight white discharge and everyone screams thrush, except it's not thrush as most of us know. In addition, I also get that paper thing you mentioned Katie... I always think it looks like the after effects of someone who has used an eraser/rubber to vigorously erase a pencil drawing. You know you get those bits from the eraser? And yes, the slight smell it's not bad or anything but it is distinct. And I love that someone called it a 'twinge' that what I refer to it as. It always start off with a twinge, I say to the many drs gyanos etc who just look at me like I'm mad! When it gets really bad I sometimes fantasise about the cutting the area out! I can wait to try your method, Katie. Thank you.
Emmmie please let me know if it gives you relief! I hope it does.

Best,
Katie
Hi, please help me!!

Is cooking white vinegar able to replace white distilled vinegar?
normal cooking salt able to replace sea salt?
peroxide is it baking soda?

Please help.. I'm really desperate and the itch is killing me for over 2 years now. Found no solutions and I'm too poor to visit the doctor. :(
I have been doing some reason and am thinking the problem you describe is psoriasis based. Pretty sure that is what I have been dealing with and from what everyone else describes, the symptoms are similar. I tried showing it to the GYN but thought that it was something "no big deal", I'd like to see them go cross eyed from this "no big deal".

I am working on losing 13 pounds and think that plus reduced stress will be the first thing. Mom had psoriasis that went away after she lost weight. Here's hoping.
White cooking vinegar is much more acidic than distilled white vinegar. I think it would be too harsh on your skin. Distilled white vinegar is very cheap and should be available in any local supermarket. I can get mine for $1 a gallon, and it lasts me a long time.
You can substitute table salt if you don't have sea salt. I just find the sea salt works faster.
Peroxide is not the same as baking soda, no. You need liquid peroxide found in any supermarket or drug store. It's labeled as hydrogen peroxide 3%.
Hope this helps,
Katie
Hello, I have this condition for few months, all my previous tests came back negative for stds. On 8/13/14 my GYN did a biopsy, and also blood work the results will be ready on 8/18/14.very scared !!!!!!!
i was told it could be seborrheic keratosis, or fungus from contact or from sex, I have the same partner for years never had this issue before since we both are free of stds.
I read all the post from all the girls that have the same issue, and the solution that you mentioned it looks that have worked for the majority of them. Can you please  tell me the exact solution the ingredients and the amount to be used.
Thank you

5. Like I said, the first time I made this solution, I thought I'd try the garlic, because it is a powerful yeast killer, and actually used about a quarter cupful of garlic powder into the solution. I don't always make it with the garlic, but do use it for the first few times you mix this up.

Best,
Katie
Guessing that the Hydrogen Perox. Salt and Vinegar work so well is that
considering  hydrogen peroxide one of the best household remedies available, second probably only to apple cider vinegar. Because it is made of just two natural elements, it safely and effectively treats health concerns. Much like ozone, H2O2 actually treats diseases and invasive organisms by oxidation.

When hydrogen peroxide is applied or taken as a remedy, it reacts with organic material and the substance breaks down into its elemental form – separate water and oxygen. This added oxygen in the system creates an environment in which most diseases cannot thrive or even live. This process of oxidation serves a fundamental purpose in restoring wellness and relieving illness.

I too have been on this itch fest , first my anus now my vulva- for over 10 years. Nobody has an answer so I have a trip to the store tomorrow- dont care about the temp discomfort. I need the itch to stop. WIll update as well.
Yes, you're correct on all counts. Also, salt in large quantities, is known, (even in baking - think bread) to kill yeast. The garlic is also a powerful fungus killer. So the combination just works well for me, and as I see, lots of others.
I wish you the best.
Katie
Excited to have found this post!! I am 31 and cannot remember a time in my life where I did not itch. It started when I was young. I can remember my mother helping me in the bath and she would snarl at me to leave alone my vagina.  I would always tell her, "but mom its itchy." She blaimed it on bubble bath and soaps. Maybe thats why I love a good bubble bath today, because I didn't have them as a kid. Growing up, mom always washed my clothes seperate and bought me "special" soap because she said I had "sensitive" skin. As a kid, I can only remember it bothering me at night and maybe if I kept a wet bathing suit on too long after a swim.
Today, it affects me 24/7. I want to scratch every opportunity I get. I scratch in my sleep, so bad that my husband has to wake me to get me to stop. The itch interfers in all my daily activities. I hate venturing where I know there isn't a bathroom. My coworkers must think I have a bladder issue, little do they know...!  I can be driving in my car and BOOM, there it is. Sometimes its a constant, dull itch, other times its like something is biting me and I could rip my labia off.  
I have not found anything that works, only temporary symptom relief, no more then a few hours. I did research into Ph balance and made some dietary changes, took antioxidants and probiotics but that didn't work. I finally admitted to myself that it's a serious issue and I need to swallow the embarrassment and tell my Doc. He wants to do a biopsy and I've been putting it off. He thinks it must involve the pores or hair follicles to have it develop in childhood. I am a nurse and it is so frustrating not knowing what this is and how to "treat" it. For so many women to suffer, you would think SOMEONE would know the answer.
From my experience, here's everything I know:
-It involves the outer and inner aspects of the labia majora, most severe along the edge, near the line of hair growth. Keeping the area trimmed/waxed is a must.
-Itching has extended toward the perineum as far as the anus, but is random and mild.
-Itching is most severe at night and early morning.
-Showering at least once a day is essential. Can be tricky to go camping.
-I've tried every type of toilet paper, underwear, soap and laundry detergent. It doesn't matter, whatever this is, it goes beyond environmental/chemical sensitivities.
-I use baby wipes whenever I use the bathroom, change underwear mid day and sleep naked. This helps with daytime itching only.
-Itching is affected by dryness or excess moisture. It's bad during and right after my period (I use tampons), and also after exercise (sweating) or sex (bodily fluids). I can't stand ejaculate and have to clean up right after sex or I'll never make it!!
-Xylocaine topical jelly is a girls best friend. Takes the burn/sting away from cuts, abrasions and raw skin.
-Its gotten worse as I've aged and has developed an odor. Vagisil wash helps the odor, but I still have to change my underwear mid day.
-It's a visous cycle > itching skin leads to scratching leads to skin abrasion leads to healing tissue leads to more itching skin and it goes on and on.

I don't think the problem is related to the vagina itself. With my nursing background, I don't understand how something in the vagina could cause a reaction to the labia majora without affecting the vulva, urethra, labia minora or clitorris. It doesn't make sense to involve a bacteria either, as an antibiotic could treat that. Other than scratch related sores, I have never had flakey, cracked, dry, or reddened skin in that area. I've grown up to realise I do NOT have sensitive skin and have never reacted to any products as an adult. I'm convinced its related something in the skin itself, and has nothing to do with eczema, psoriasis, or a dermatitis.
I'm curious if anyone has had a biopsy and what results did they recieve? This has become such a normal part of my life and I'm tired of fighting with the symptoms. I want to know whats causing it and fix the problem for good.
Have seen on some sites that hydrogen peroxide is discouraged as it can turn the skin white ? Wondering what your opinion is Kate
I've been using this solution for a year now, on an almost daily basis, and I have no changes in skin texture or color.
Hope this helps,
Katie
I've suffered from itchy labia for years.  My condition is not related to Candida.  I know that because I tested negative for candida, and also tried a candida treatment, to no avail.  I recently tried Tea Tree oil, and it worked like a charm.  At first I used it once or twice a day, now I use it a couple of times a week.  So far, so good.  I plan on trying the recipe from Katie to see how that goes (salt, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution), but wanted to let you ladies know about the success I had with Tea Tree oil.  
Wow, I can't believe some of you women have suffered the intense itchiness for so long!  I am only 22, so I guess I've got a lifetime of dealing with this ahead of me...  I have the intense itchiness I believe because of all the acid in my digestive system, like another woman said in a post earlier on.  I have an acidic stomach that has caused me issues in the past before I started taking Prilosec to reduce the acid, and I have extremely acidic saliva that burned cavities in almost all of my teeth over the course of only one year in Japan, where they do not have fluoride in their toothpaste or water.  So, naturally, if the rest of my system is acidic, so must my lady parts be acidic...  What I use is a feminine wash by the brand Summer's Eve (the one for sensitive skin because it doesn't have any perfumes that might irritate your skin - like it needs any more irritation!).  It takes a few washes to totally get rid of the itch, but it does work!  Even after the first wash, the itch starts to die down.  It neutralizes the ph balance, so it takes away both the itch and the kind of funky smell (it wasn't that horrible or anything for me, just a little off).  The good thing about it is that:  I've actually temporarily stopped using it because I just moved to Japan (my first time here was just study abroad, and now I have a job here teaching English) and I couldn't fit it in my suitcase, and it's taken me a good month and a half for it to start itching down there again.  I stupidly forgot in all the craziness of the move to Japan to order some to my apartment here in Japan, so now of course I'm intensely itchy again.  But it really does work!  For me, being in a foreign country, especially where I'm not super great at the language (I studied it in college, but I'm certainly not fluent and still have a lot more studying to go), it's kind of difficult to get ahold of the products I'm used to having easy access to.  So getting stuff like peroxide and specifically "sea" salt and "white" vinegar is difficult...  So for anyone who wants a bit of a simpler fix (i.e. one product that you can just order online or pop over to the store to buy), I highly recommend the Summer's Eve feminine wash.  Plus, there's no burning like with the salt and whatnot.  And once the itch goes away, I only use it every other day in the shower to wash in place of regular soap, so it's super easy to manage.  Just thought this might help some people.  :)
Hi everyone,

Sorry I took so long in replying. I had the same issue for almost 3 years, and I tried everything!!!! Well all the suggested (e.g. vinegar) lol So I went into my doctors & told her that if she did not figure this out I would be showing up regularly and/or ripping myself apart!!!! She did suggest at one time that I use an over the counter steroid cream  0.05% I think. I tried this ....it calmed the itch for about an hour then it would come back with a vengeance. I would wake up tearing myself apart. With all the reading/research I've done I finally suggested to her that she needs to treat me for eczema??? She gave me a prescription for Taro-Mometasone (Cream) 0.1% GM I was to apply morning & night for 1 week.....then once a day until the itch stopped. :))))))))))))))))))) Took about a week for the itch to disappear. :))))))))) After suffering with this for almost 3 years I can't believe it is finally over. Please save yourselves........ :) Good luck to all
prescription for Taro-Mometasone (Cream) 0.1% GM
Thankyou
Hey i am 20 and unmarried and suffering from itch in the outside area now for about a month.BUT i have been suffering from alot of this sort of problems.First i had severe burning during urination .but that i got over with.Then i had vaginal burning and doc said it is harmonal.And now this itch but only in the outside area on skin part only.I clean with water so dont know what to do just tired too go to doc.should i try ur method ???But i am scared never used stuff like that.(And i am unmarried).Moreover I dont think it is fungal cuz i used oil and vaseline like stuff even simple powder but didint work.And also there is more itch during morning and night and not during day time .HELP what to do??
For almost a year I dealt with intense recurrent labia itching, especially in the crease above my clitoris. I was tested for every std, bacteria, HIV, HSV, and yeast. All were negative. A few months later I went to my doctor and got tested for everything again and It turned out to be HSV 2 (genital herpes). It was devastating to hear this news. I've never had a break out, just intense itching and rash. I've been dealing with this for over a year now. I'm not trying to scare anyone but I just wanted to share my experience. Consider ruling herpes out.
OMG  thank you! thank you!  I have been suffering from this for the past few months and I've tried many things....But your recipe works!!!!  It burned like hell but it doesn't last long.  It was such a relief to find something that works in just one application. I slept really good last night :-)  I hope other women will find relief as I did.  thank you Katie! be blessed.
Two years of itching and my Doctor saying 'you just have to learn to live with it', and yes this is working, could you tell me how long it will keep, as I find that using the amount that you give I have enough left over for a few nights, and I'm wondering if it will and ok to use.
Thank you very much, I was really getting to the end of my tether over this, losing sleep, getting depressed and quite ill tempered.
I have itch so so badly until i am raw it  seen to ease some but not much God for bid if i where under ware for a few hours this is truly a night mare i have itch until i am raw and bleeding what in god name can i do i try every thing no help i am so glad im not along with this i have had this problem going on 3months now helppppppp
what did you use for the itching to leave i really need for this to stop i am raw
Like so many of the other ladies, I wanted to say how grateful I am for your solution to this awful itching.  I have only been experiencing it for a short time but it was totally driving me NUTS.  Was so very desperate in the middle of one night that I got up and did a Google search which led me to this thread.  Just until I could get to the shops and buy the things you mentioned, I used apple cider vinegar and this at least stopped the itch for the rest of that particular night.  I have used your method over the past three days and have absolutely no more itching, but will continue with the routine as I certainly don't want it back again - EVER!
I'm really curious Katie as to how you arrived at this solution?  However you did it, I'm truly grateful for your help.  Much love Val
Dear Katie, I have this itching thing going on since the past 10-12 years and have spent countless sleepless nights because of it. I have tried several creams as well which have only helped temporarily. Tonight again, I was dying of the itch  and started googling about it which led me to this thread.  I have all the ingredients for the solution except for the sea salt. I will get it tomorrow and let you know how it worked for me. I must tell you, even though I haven't tried the solution yet, I am very very hopeful. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us.

Mariamariaindia
Look up Pudendal Neuralgia aka cyclists syndrome. I have used anesthetic ointment for 8 years, no skin problems. Xylocaine Oitment 5%, not Emla, Emla needs to be removed after 10 mins
Ladies,

Solution: Mycoster 1% (Ciclopirox olamine).

I had suffered with severe vulval itching for years. It was so bad to the point that my husband and I were unable to have intercourse for months. Long story short, after various trips to doctors who simply didn't know how to diagnose me, let alone treat me, I finally found help. I found a new gynae in France who  prescribed mycoster 1% (Ciclopirox olamine). I used it twice a day for 1 month. After day 2, the itching stopped. After one week, I had zero dryness, itching, pain, thinning etc. I've been itch-free for 5 months now and I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Give mycoster 1% (Ciclopirox olamine) a try and see if it helps you too. It literally saved my marriage and my sanity!
Thank You.  After about a year of seeing doctors for the itch, your solution worked for me.  I will use this solution like you said as part of my daily hygiene.  I used it twice a day for about 2 weeks the inch has improved greatly.  I am hoping the itch will leave completely.  To all you who suffer
You Must try the solution.  Thank You Katie
I thought I was the only one experiencing this!

For me, I used Betadine Feminine Wash! It's so effective. I even use it whenever I have my menstruation. However, there are times when the itchiness is unbearable that I pray so hard. They say drinking cold water works also for relieving itchiness. But maybe it only works for the mild ones. I also used ice, but it only gives a temporary relief. Betadine Feminine Wash is really the best.
Dear, never use powder! I used to do that when I was young and believe me it doesn't help.
I use the sea salt, vinegar & hydrogen peroxide that you suggested and it DOES WORK! Wow!

I keep a picnic-sized bottle (you know, mustard yellow, catsup red, etc.) full of water and flush my inner and outer labial area with that EVERY time I use the bathroom. Then I put on Benadryl cream (I'm allergic to Hydrocortisone creams). After 1-2 days of the cream, I mix the salt/vinegar/peroxide solution with a little bit of water in the water bottle and, again, rinse the entire inner labial area. Because the Benadryl cream for a day pretty much healed the raw areas, there was VERY LITTLE burning or pain. I also shower every other day with an ANTIBACTERIAL soap, then use the Benadryl cream. I am so GLAD I FOUND THIS WEBSITE because I was going crazy with the itch.
Katie does this have to be done every night for the rest of our lives?  Or, hopefully, it gets better with time.
How much garlic?  I am probably blind but can't see how much garlic to add.  Thanks.
I am so glad that found this sight. I have been suffering for over a year with this severe itch to my pubic area. Sometimes it's a burning itch other times it feels like I'm being pinched. I have to constantly wash with a non abrasive soap throughout the day.  Hydrocortisone gives temporary relief but not long enough.  I find myself trying to dig a hole into my skin scratching so bad and then t I find that it feels like my skin is peeling away with every scratch that looks and feels like a thin layer of wet powder. I a going to try this recipe and see if it works until I get to the doctor. Thank you so much for sharing
Katie or anyone else that reads this, I just want to be clear on The measurements of the vinegar/peroxide solution. You refer to the 3 oz cup to half fill for the salt. Then when you talk about the vinegar and peroxide you refer to 1 and half cups . Do you mean  1 and 1/2 cup measures as in 8 oz cup measures or  are you referring to  1 cup full of the 3 oz cup . Sorry, I tend to take things literally so I just need clarification! No one else seemed to have a problem understanding, so I guess it's just me. Thanks to anyone who responds.
Very intrigued to see if this works - like so many of you poor ladies, I've been plagued for about 6 years, since I had my daughter. Wondering if there is a hormonal link, as seems worse before a period and ovulation.
Also, as others have said, worse if the area is either very dry and shiny, or the opposite - sweaty. Worst in summer heat, if sweating and at nights - have to sleep with window open even in London winter! Drives my OH mad :-)
Would love to know if anyone who has had success with this amazing preparation of Katie's, also had my identical symptoms - i.e.: intense stinging like itch, mainly in the hairline of the vulva, never internally, occasionally (if bad) soreness around clitoris, no discharge or smell, sore patch extending up in the crease of my bum now too (very stingy and sore), the odd red spot that is particularly intense when it itches, LOADS of flaking and dryness f the skin (basically, the more dry flakiness I have the more I itch and I end up with a little pile of dead skin cells underneath me, my side of the bed - sorry to be gross and TMI!).

Like others have a whole pharmacy of creams in my bathroom cabinet, ranging from nappy ointments to eczema and psoriasis creams. Funny how most things seem to work for a coupe of days at not then stop.

Have been using a jock itch/athletes foot cream most recently - works pretty well, but even after 2 weeks' use, the itch is still there if I don't apply the cream. Sigh...

Thanks all - am feeling more positive than I have done in years after reading your posts.
I often go to France, so I will look out for this - thank you! Also intend to try Katie's home remedy, but I am convinced that an evil fungus is at work too and wanted to ask you if your itch has now gone and stayed away, even if you no longer use the cream? I like the idea of a natural remedy, but in an ideal world, would like this to go away and stay away, after suffering for 6 years, rather than having to apply a home remedy hereafter. Thank you.
Oh what a relief to find I am not the only one suffering with this! 2 years of hell and no sleep, cupboards full of creams and lotions. I have just run out to the shop for the ingredients, made up the mix, put it on, revelled in that initial burn because it wasn't a wretched itch and am hoping so much it makes a difference! Thank you Katie. I'll be researching the other suggestions too, thank you for sharing lovely ladies :)
Hi Katie, I have been using the mix for 4 days now, and I'm absolutely thrilled, my itch is all but gone! The burn on application seems to get worse each time but maybe that's partly because I'm expecting it. What a relief after all this time and I don't care if it means I always have to use it, anything is better than the itch and no sleep, I've been sleeping through the night which I haven't done for years. Many, many thanks to you :)
Sorry, just saw this. I was referring to one and a half of the three oz cups themselves yes. Although it's not exact so don't worry about being precise. Hope this helps!
Hi Katie, I'm please to see your post.  I have had the same itch for about a year, im now 6 month pregnant, do you think it's ok to use the solution you suggested?  I believe it is since it's all natural ingredients, nothing harmful.  And only for external use.  

Many thanks and looking foward to hear from you.  
Audrey
Katie4161- THANK YOU! I know so many people have thanked you already but I am so grateful for your rinse! I found your comment while reading deep into this thread during a time of desperation. I've had itching "down there" sine I was a child but in adulthood it's become increasingly worse with hormonal fluctuations, menstruation and sexual intercourse. I had tried so many different remedies to help the itching and irritation, all to no avail. I found your comment and tried the rinse- SWEET LOUISE did it burn! It was like blinding pain for about 30 seconds, then turned into that "hurt so good" kind of burn. This was 8 months ago and since then my chronic irritation and itching has improved SO much! I used the rinse nearly daily for the first six months. I realize now that the more it burns, the more I need it. A couple of months ago I started taking probiotics- Ultimate Flora Women's Care to be exact. They have strains specific for the vagina and urinary tract. I take these probiotics every other day and now I don't need to use the rinse except for after sex or during menstruation. I make a 16oz mix every few months and add a few drops of tea tree oil as well. I feel so much healthier "down there" and am so thankful to be able to spend the rest of my life in comfort. I also want to emphasize how important it is to stop that ITCH-SCRATCH CYCLE I rarely have an itch now and when I do I apply the rinse with organic cotton rounds which stops it in it's tracks. LADIES-IF YOU ARE STILL ITCHING YOU MUST TRY THIS RINSE.
CURE...
It's POSSIBLY - A BACTERIAL INFECTION OF THE SKIN.

I had an itchy skin rash (that seemed to be under my skin) for 8 years and Dr's & specialists never knew what is was, so I suffered for that long until NOW! ~ when I FINNALY discovered that it was a SYSTEMIC BACTERIAL INFECTION) The antibiotic that CURED IT was Bactrim DS = ( Sulfamethoxazole & Trimethoprim) 300/160mg (10 double strength tablets), and the cream was Bactroban Ointment 15g (Muprocin 2% w/w) apply 3 times a day! ~ I got repeats for both just in case and I used 2 of the ointments and (slept with the cream on & gloves over my hands at night), so it would have a better effect.

My 8 years of Dr’s and specialists diagnosis; was everything from eczema or psoriasis as that’s what they ALL say ANY rash is, ~ and CORTISONE CRM is what they will prescribe ~ which they did for me too!  
* If you go to a DR ( and I suggest you do), USE your Dr’s appointment money wisely and demand that they TEST you for EVERYTHING - like STAFF! ~ (Fungal) – (Bacterial) & (Blood test Allergies to Nickel & Cadmium & Silver & Gold & some common foods!) If they don’t cover as much as possible you’ll spend $1000’s going back to them and that’s what they want, Your Dollars $$!
* Unfortunately you WILL have to DEMAND ALL of those tests when you go to the Dr and say you WANT them ALL done now, Because they will ONLY LOOK for one thing at a time ON PURPOSE!, So they can get money out of you every time you have to go back to them - which will be again and again. ( In my case that was an awful lot OF TIME, MONEY- And learning the hard way!).
______________________________________________

If it is BACTERIAL and systemic or anything like mine: You may need the same or similar Antibiotic listed above (It’s 10 tablet’s treatment - of Bactrim DS Antibiotics), and you can also use the Bactrim Antibiotic Cream listed above externally. (My bacterial infection was in under my skin and established for 8 years through my system and this is the ONLY thing that worked for me & I tried EVERTHING, trust me). MY ITCH IS FINNALY GONE - but my palms are still healing as the THICKEND SKIN FROM SCARING on them, also has to know heal. So I just use the DERMAL brand HEEL BALM to moisturize now and that keeps it soothed and is helping it heal.

If does turn out to be BACTERIAL  - Then it could be the same rash, that seems to be effecting literally 100's of people listing their problem ALL OVER THE INTERNET on sites like this – and who are suffering from the SAME insane itchy rash that was on mine, on their body’s.)
__________________________________________________

If it turns out to be FUNGAL: Then you can used two over the counter products like (DALTOZIN ointment which is great for all fungal including jock itch & Nappy rash!), The ZINC in the ointment is also very soothing to an itch and red skin. Just rub that on and if it goes away or has a good effect, then it could be fungus related and not Bacterial and it may just clear up with that cream eventually. If it gets better but is still there, you can also try a (systemic) (antifungal tablet – that is a boy FUNGUS treatment). It is also available over the counter at chemist for approx. $16.00 AU, (I tried that first too for my rash, actually I tried everything ~ and bought every cream under the sun! But nothing worked for my problem). So I am ecstatic I found mine was Bacterial and now have a cure!)

I’m not a Dr, but my cure also didn’t come from a Dr, it was discovered on the Internet, just like this. I however did work in chemist for many years so have some good product knowledge there.

I hope this information helps and you find your cure and some relief..!

Good luck! Donna.
I'm new to this site and am having vulvar itching as well. I am having trouble finding the recipe for the solution. Can you help? Vinegar, sea salt and peroxide? Anything else? And how much of each?
OMG, relief finally, have been to embarrassed to go to Drs office small town n all, been itching for 1 year now and have been searching for some relief, found lots of info just no solution, well this wash works.  Not sure what' causes it, pre menopause, menstration, allergy, who knows but this wash works, had all the ingredients, gave it a shot n it worked.  Thank you for sharing.
Hey I am not sure if you ever found this but in case you didn't hear it is. I copied it from Katie's post so you can see it without having to look for it.  

"I took a small clean plastic container, a small bathroom cup, the 3 oz size. I bought distilled white vinegar, a big jug, (it's so cheap) a container of sea salt, hydrogen peroxide (also cheap) and some cotton pads, the oval kind, you can get them at CVS.

I've read other forums where women say to soak tampons in a similar solution and insert, but honestly, my itching was only external, so I wasn't interested in that. Others say garlic is essential, well, I used garlic the first few days, but never after that. Ok, so here's exactly what I did - I'm not saying these amounts have to be exact, but this is what worked for me:

5. Like I said, the first time I made this solution, I thought I'd try the garlic, because it is a powerful yeast killer, and actually used about a quarter cupful of garlic powder into the solution. I'm not really sure it was necessary, and it smelled like salad dressing lol, but quickly disappeared, so don't think you'll smell like this all day. :)

The first time I did this, I remember it burning a bit in bed, but not for long. But I swear, and I'm telling you all, I would not say this if it wasn't true, I slept the whole night without a single itch! In one use of this homemade stuff! I didn't stop there, though, because I used it morning and night for a week. When I ran out, I made a fresh batch, but no garlic. Lol

Ladies, I've used this solution for the past month, and I have never had even a hint of an itch after that first night, I swear on everything holy! I even smell better there now. In case you're wondering, I'm not shaved, but I've tried, and the itch was there either way.

The only other thing I do is I stopped using soap of any kind in that area too. Before I shower, I'll wash with my salt, vinegar, and peroxide solution and then just rinse with water. I've never felt cleaner or fresher!

I've since bought a small plastic bottle with a flip top, and I keep this solution by my sink. I still use it morning and night, one quick wipe and another rinse with peroxide on a wipe. I don't even know if I still need it, but I'm afraid to stop, and it's become like brushing my teeth now! I still sit in amazement from time to time, because I sleep straight through the night, and have almost completely forgotten the agony of itching and scratching - thank God! "
Hi guys,
I have no idea what I have! I've literally been to about 4 gyno's and none of them have helped whatsoever. The last gyno I'm with is okay - but she said I have HPV, even though I feel like that's not what I have since I have no warts anywhere.

Basically 2 weeks after a slept with my ex, I developed small tiny tiny dots around my vulva which resembled Fordyce spots, but they got smaller almost invisible around the skin of my clitoris (I know I'm being kinda graphic). I also noticed the skin down there started to change... I went and got tested - I was negative for everything except BV, which was taken care of but didn't take care of those white dots. Anyways about 2 months later since my first symptom I slept with my ex again, immedietly after it started itching like crazy! It kept itching for days and I kept scratching and before I knew it my right labia minora had literally shrunk, it looked like someone cut it. Yet my left labia minora grew a bit and turned a different colour at the edges. Also i felt like my labia minora was like fusing? I told the doctor about lichen planus/complex/etc but he said it didn't look like it. It was when I started itching that my labia minora changed.

Anyways, I went to this new gyno who said I had HPV... even though it really doesn't look like it to me. Maybe it's cause my skin in my labia was raw and raised. She never answered me why my labia minora had changed sizes or colour, or the tiny tiny white dots which haven't gone away. The itching stopped after I took a weeks treatment of Diflucan but I really hate looking down there and I have no idea what I have! I'm also 18. I asked my ex if he had an STD and he said he did but never checked what it actually was, just took antibiotics and his chlamydia-like symptoms stopped. But I was tested for STD's and chlamydia, etc came back negative. Haven't done an HPV test because apparently they don't have it here...

Any help? Anyone been through something similar?
I cannot believe that I am reading this - it is such a comfort to see that other people are going through the same thing and I feel like I have someone to talk to.  I'm 57 and this itching has been driving me out of my mind for the past year.  My doctor prescribed Vagifem for me to try to give me something to help with the lack of estrogen.  It's a suppository.  I thought it was helping, but then things got worse.  I feel like such a loser lover - I used to be so interested in making love, but I have completely lost any sexual desire and I am feeling so demoralized.  As one lady said, the itch is completely taking over.  The skin on my chest is itchy and thinner, the skin on my eyelids.  I am anxious to try this home remedy and see what happens.  Thank-you for your openness and willingness to share.  You have all been a huge encouragement to me!
Thankyou Katie 4161. I have suffered with this for almost 20 years, steroid creams have given temporary relief, but nothing more. Last night in desperation, I googled yet again and found your post! Today it was so bad that I could hardly walk and had to take a day off work. This afternoon, I managed to get to the supermarket and buy all the ingredients. I have made it and just put some on..the burn was bad! But now 5 minutes later it has calmed. OMG I pray this will work for me too...I will update you on my progress!
Loopy21 how is your progress? I'm only having itching beneath my pubic hairs on the labia majora and a little around my clit. Just was tested few weeks back for STD's, all came back negative. However, because of the smell symptoms and itching I was tested for BV and it came back positive. I was given antibiotics and the BV was treated. But now I have a different itch. Much more uncontrollable. There is no smell or discharge. It's red and irritable from me scratching it all the time. I'm super worried that the tests weren't done right or something. What do you think? Should I give the home remedy a try?
Wondering if anyone still burns after you have healed I've been using a week (the solution) and I still have the bad burn. There are times I want to scratch still. I think it's just become a habit after all these years
I to have had the same thing but I know what it is. It is Wheat in the diet. It causes a chemical reaction like an allergy. The itch is so unbearable you want to crawl out of your skin. Vagisil maximum strength really thick and something extreamly stronger than benadryl. The urin has the substance that it is hard to keep the area extreamly clean. You can even get hives really bad. Take all the wheat out of all the foods you eat. It has been genetically been modified in the past 12 years that women of all ages are experiencing thid and the doctors can't figure it out. We are all so desperate that some have gone to severe extreams which is so sad. Clove essential oil in a little bit of Jojoba oil helps numb the area. But I my self have gone from monastate to fulvacin wich is hard on your liver. Do not take more than 4 tablets. And if that doesn't do it. Try Vagisil maximum strength really thick. But in the mean time get all wheat or grains out of your diet. Glutin free all the way. It really messes with your chemistry and your immune system. Here it is 10 year later and I was gettig symptoms and never put 2 and 2 together till 2014. And now it is 2016. My hormone pellet therapy made this happen to me. I am so sensative I am allergic to almost everything. I am allergic to the yam for the pellet therapy. I experimented with so many over the counter, prescriptions to essential oils and vagisil maximum strength really thick dose give relief. But the glutin dose have a conection to the reaction. I am so glad I found out how to get relief finally.
Hope this helps others.
Soothers
OMG I think you&#39;ve just answered my question! I recently went BACK to eating normal (including wheat) and have problems. Going back to Gluten &amp; Wheat Free now. Thank you!
what is the exact ingredient measuring?
OMG so glad I found this post. I tried the mixture Katie posted and it works wonders. I&#39;ve had vaginal itch for two years. I tried it about 4 hours ago before showering.  It was so nice to shower without itching.  Then i applied again after the shower. It burned a little but was bearable. I feel the cleanest I&#39;ve ever felt and could actually cook dinner without washing my hands fifty times after sratching myself. . Please please if you&#39;ve been dealing with this try Katie&#39;s solution.
Hi, I just wanted to ask where you got the distilled white vinegar from as I cant find it anywhere, would white malt vinegar work?
Katie you are an answer to many prayers!  You've affected 1000's of lives from your post and we thank you from the bottom of of our hearts (and other body parts).

Im 49 years old and have lived with Vitch (my pseudonym lol) for years. Countless trips to the Dr and OB, countless yeast infection treatments, creams, suppositories. ..you ladies know the drill.  Nothing worked!!  I could really relate to the lady who talked about the effect it's had on her intimacy...and the lack thereof. Sex, and in particular, ejaculate makes the itch/irritation 10x worse! Nothing like a mood killer knowing your going to go through intense irritation for days/weeks afterwards. You can imagine the look on my husband and doctors faces when I told them I thought I was allergic to sperm!

So...just a few notes from my own journey. First, never stop asking or seeking if you're in need of healing!  Doctors don't know what we're going through and it's hell!  If they're dismissive then find a new doctor!

If you've been prescribed antibiotics then research a natural cleanse to flush your system (see below for suggestion), eat lots of unsweetened organic yogurt, cut out all sugars, and start a healthy dose of probiotics. Antibiotics kill the healthy bacteria in your intestine, which then allows yeast to flourish. When you start the above treatments, expect your itch to get worse at first!!!  The yeast are freaking out and trying to revolt. Stay strong and continue with your regimen. ..it will get better!

A good cleanse I've used is (all organic ingredients):
Fresh juice from 2 squeezed lemons
1-2 Tblspns cayenne pepper
Half cup apple cider vinegar
8 cups distilled water
Mix together and drink as much daily as you can stand!
You can use spring water if distilled is unavailable.  Just don't use tap water if you're on a municipal water system, where they chlorinate the water.  Or at a minimum, invest in a good water filtration system.

And use Katie's rinse! It works!!!  It equates to 1 cup distilled white vinegar, 1 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 cup sea salt. Only distilled white vinegar - no substitutes.  Sea salt works best but can be substituted with kosher salt or table salt if necessary.

And finally, I would like to thank all the ladies who have posted on this thread. This is a very real problem that is NOT easy to talk about...much less live with!  It hinders every facet of your life, day and night, and having countless doctors examining your crotch is no picnic!  I thank you for your open and honest posts, and I hope that the ideas above bring you relief and healing!

Be well `Lisa
Hey there! I&#39;ve seen your post about katie&#39;s solution. Yes it worked for me too. But somehow, i was wondering did the itch kind of went up? Cause my itch was from more on the sides and the labia majora but after using the solution for about a week if none there ain&#39;t so much itch down there but more in the top(mons pubis) does it somehow go up and evebtually go away? I feel a lot more better now using the solution.
I tried Katies way and boy did it provide relief the first night! It burned horribly but I was able to sleep itch free for the first time in 4 weeks! When I woke up I noticed that the itch was lessened but still there nevertheless.So I decided to look up mixing Hydrogen Peroxide with Vinegar and to my surprise mixing these two liquids produces a powerful acid that can cause asthma and other severe problems. The acid produced is called peracetic acid. It can kill you!! Do not use this mixture!

I came up with a mixture that cured my severe labia itch that caused me so anxiety and depression for over a month.

First buy pure organic castor oil and place it in the fridge until it is cold. Then....

Mix 1/4 Cup Sea Salt With 1 Cup Of Distilled Vinegar In A Small Container. Add A few tablespoons of water. Mix Well Until Salt dissolves. Place In Refrigerator Until It Cools. Before Using Wash Vagina with cold water and if you can handle it a soap like Dr. Bronners To wash vagina. I like Mint. Wash Gently. Use Cold Water only if extremely irritated. Dip the ends of Jumbo cotton balls in the mixture and apply to affected areas. Gently press and hold momentarily on any part that itches. Use as many cotton balls as you need. Wipe the *** area last!!!! Then soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and dab all the areas that you treated with the vinegar and salt mixture.( treating it this way will prevent the formation of harmful acids) It will Burn but as it dries the itch will subside. After the treated areas dry, gently massage the castor oil into all affected areas. Apply the castor oil liberally as it is thick and you don't want to pull on the skin. If needed gently dab excess oil away.

I did the vinegar mixture/castor oil treatment for 2 days and it cleared up completely. After the 2 days, I just applied the castor oil for 5 more days.

Voila! Itch cured!
Hi Tashachic, thanks for your post and brought to our attention re the mixture.  May I ask why massage with castor oil? And how&#39;s the progress with you so far (how long you are in itch free)?  Many thanks in advance.  
donna how does one take the tablets? 1 in the morning and the other in the evening? or 3 times a day?
VERY IMPORTANT!  PLEASE READ!
I was just diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus which is an autoimmune disease that affects the tissue of the vulva. Symptoms include severe burning and itching and pain during or after intercourse.  Symptoms are most common in premenstrual girls and menopausal  (or post menopausal) women but can be present in women of all ages. Without treatment symptoms will worsen, come back repeatedly, and will eventually cause permanent  erosion of the labia and scarring or erosion of the clitoris. Also women with LS are 60% more likely to develop vulvar cancer. While there is no cure there is treatment using Clobetasol a high potency steroid ointment. Symptoms are resolved (honestly, resolved!!) and tissue damage can be restored! But you will need to continue using the ointment for life...a small price to pay versus the itching nightmare! So please take the time to research this and see your gynecologist. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey. Be well... Lisa
Please, please, please see a gynecologist and be tested for lichen sclerosus. Testing has to include a biopsy. Your symptoms are so consistent with lichen and the appearance can vary greatly. The only way to know for sure is with a very small biopsy. Treatment is crucial for your quality of life and to reduce the risk of vulvar cancer that untreated lichen carries.
My comment and suggestion here is for those who have found nothing or with unknown cause.  

Yes, agree re have it tested and see a gyno.  I had all these done, biopsy and blood test.  Biopsy was negative, no fungus or bacteria found etc.  blood test shown nothing however found that I have underactive thyroid.  Although my doctor doesn't think it causes the itch but I did a bit of search and started to believe that underactive thyroid is also one of the consequence of not having good quality blood.  

Long story short, I increase multi vitamin supplements esp for woman, esp E and D for thyroid, and taking Chinese herbs. According to my Chinese doc, I'm 'Qi' defeciancy, my blood is lack of energy, thus cause dry itchy skin, loosing hair, thyroid problem and not 'strong' enough to nourish my varginal.  Besides I didn't had a good rest after child birth, so causing my body overly stressed, exhausted and overly lack of certain vitamins.  (My itch started 2-3 months after my child birth, and my baby is now 9 months).  I have been drinking herbs for about 5 months now, still a bit of itch now and then but at least it's every 4-5 days and it's in a controllable stage.  I started to feel the diff after 3 months of drinking.  

So, if all your tests found nothing, then perhaps consult a reliable Chinese doc.  Also do excercise which will help blood circulation.  Or consider a sauna, the main thing is to increase blood circulation and detox.

Hope my comments here will help, and we can all get better!
I had suffered with this problem for 5 very long years. Have tried every &quot;over the counter&quot; product know to man with no results. Have even tried some of the suggestions on this thread...with no positive results. Two years ago, I went to my Dermatologist for a dry and itching spot on my hand which would no go away. He prescribed &quot;Halobetasol Propionate Ointment, 0.05%. He cured my dry spot in just a few days. The insert which came with it said to NOT use in groin area, so I didn&#39;t dare try it. However, It had been in my medicine cabinet for 2 years and had forgotten what I had that ointment for. Looking it up on WEBMD, I saw that it can be used for jock itch...etc...etc. WTH.....I tried it on my external vaginal itching and within 3 days, I was completely cured. Have no had any recurrence since. I am just angry that I had this medicine through 2 years of suffering. I certainly hope this can help someone.
Regardless of whether you think it's Lichen Sclerosus or not-for chronic intense itch, burning, scratching skin raw...in the labia area follow these instructions:
#1. Borax: This is the pick of the bunch. The main causes of lichen sclerosus are serious bacterial and fungal infections, along with a poor functioning liver (according to ancient Chinese medicine). An imbalance of sex hormones is also a major cause (hence why many women suffer from this during menopause and even leading up to menopause). Borax is an extremely potent bacterial and fungal killer. It also helps to detoxify the liver and remove heavy metals such as mercury and fluoride from the body. In addition, it balances hormones in both males and females, which is why it's a popular home remedy for treating menopause and hot flashes.

So to cure your lichen sclerosus and give yourself some welcome relief from the itchiness, here's what you do...

Firstly, for relief, simply add a tablespoon of borax powder and a tablespoon of baking soda to a nice warm bath and soak yourself in it for at least 20 minutes.

To cure your lichen sclerosus you take the borax internally (don't worry, it's actually quite safe) by adding 1/8th of a teaspoon (500 mg's) of borax powder and 1/8th of a teaspoon of Himalayan pink rock salt powder to one liter of clean (warm) filtered water and drinking this solution throughout the day. It should be all gone by the time you go to bed. Do this every day for two weeks before dropping back to the permanent "maintenance" dose (to keep your lichen sclerosus away for good!)

For your maintenance dose, mix up 5-6 grams of borax and 5 grams of Himalayan pink rock salt in one liter of filtered water. THIS NOW BECOMES YOUR CONCENTRATED SOLUTION. Store in your pantry for safe keeping. Take 5-10 ml's of this concentrated solution in a glass of filtered water once to twice daily indefinitely (yes, for the rest of your life!)

For everything you need to know about the borax remedy, make sure you take the time to read this article in full... The Borax Conspiracy and pay particular attention to the "Fungi and Fluoride" and "What and How Much to Use" sections. In addition, you can read more about the amazing health benefits of consuming borax daily in this article... Borax's Healing and Preventative Properties.

To purchase borax, simply go out and buy some from your local supermarket, or preferably, purchase a high grade borax powder such as this one. Just make sure the borax you buy is at least 99% pure borax (sodium borate) and doesn't contain any added ingredients or scents.

NOTE: Borax works synergistically with magnesium so you must keep your magnesium levels up whilst taking borax/boron. Magnesium citrate is the highest absorbing form of magnesium available so be sure to take this in combination with your borax. According to renowned health expert, Dr Carolyn Dean (Stunning Dr Carolyn Dean Interview), magnesium is vital for preventing and treating various Ob/Gyn problems, including classic LS symptoms such as vaginal itching and inflammation. Magnesium is also crucial for balancing female/male hormones, detoxing the liver, and ridding the body of bacterial and fungal infections - everything LS sufferers require. So make sure you're getting enough of this essential nutrient every day.

#2. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): I know you mentioned that you tried the ACV already Patricia, but there are a couple of crucial things you do need to follow with this one.

Firstly, the ACV must be organic and it MUST still contain the "mother" apple (it will say this on the bottle). All other apple cider vinegars are processed and will not work anywhere near as well.

Secondly, you must take it internally, not just use it externally. ACV is a powerful viral, bacterial and fungal killer so be sure to have 30 ml's of the liquid in a glass of warm filtered water twice daily, along with applying some to the affected area twice daily with water at a 50/50 ratio. Here's some of the brands you should be looking at using... Best Brands Apple Cider Vinegar.

#3. Lavender Oil: Lavender essential oil is terrific for stopping the itching and burning from lichen sclerosus, and it works in just a few short minutes. This is only an external remedy though but it can be good to have on hand. You can buy lavender essential oils from most health food stores or essential oil shops.

#4. Castor Oil: I know you said you tried this one as well but here's how to get the most out of the castor oil and make it far more effective...

Combine 4 tablespoons of organic cold pressed castor oil with 2-3 drops of lavender oil and 1-2 drops of lemongrass oil and store in a jar. This mixture becomes like a paste that sticks nicely to the skin. This remedy not only gives powerful relief for the burning and itching, it helps to heal the skin and any lesions quite rapidly as well.

#5. Candida Diet: Most people who suffer from lichen sclerosus also regularly suffer from thrush or yeast infections. The two are closely connected so following the candida diet is a good idea. Cut out all refined sugars, yeast containing foods, processed dairy, artificial sweeteners, and even wheat and gluten if possible. Be sure to also take a good quality probiotic supplement to build up the beneficial bacteria in the gut, along with culturing some of your own foods such as sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt and kombucha for extra daily probiotics... Probiotic Benefits - Dr Axe.

As the great Hippocrates once said... "All Disease Begins in the Gut" so these recommendations will go a long way to not only curing your lichen sclerosus, but any other health problems or ailments you may be suffering from as well!
I copied this from this site:

http://www.life-saving-naturalcures-and-naturalremedies.com/how-do-you-cure-lichen-sclerosus-naturally-heres-how.html

In the above instructions where its says "To purchase borax, simply go out and buy some from your local supermarket, or preferably, purchase a high grade borax powder such as this one." The one it's referring to (it had a link attached in original description) is this product on amazon at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QK4LUD6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00QK4LUD6&linkCode=as2&tag=lifesavingnat-20&linkId=EGHKJ6T3V7OM2PUZ&th=1
Same here..right now I'm on maca.. A herbal remedy to balance my hormones and it had brought relief. Also try pau d'arco to reduce candida in ur body. This has worked for me
Vulvadynia! Google it and tell your OBGYN to consider that is what it is....10 years for me. No tx yet. I just found this and think that is what it is.
Please consider it being Candida.  I struggled with this for 8 years and finally am getting relief without steroid cream. It included going to a health food store and getting Candida Cleanse ( I use Now,but am not sure it matters which one) and a good probiotic as well as completely changing my diet.  It's not easy and it took a while before I've had several nights with minimal to no itching.  I found relief pretty quickly, but it has been about a month and I've had 4 nights in a row with minimal or no itching.  I would suggest seeing a wholistic nutritionist.  It was because I read a rely from "beingawomanissounfair" here and my wholistic nurse practioner suggesting this diet that I tried it.  Most doctors will not ever mention this as a possibility.  Believe me, I tried a lot of things before I got here.  I hope it helps you!