Itching around and dry skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Itching around and dry skin

So I've been having this problem for quite some time and every time it's something different that I think it is.
Around my bikini line I have extremely itchy, dry, and irritated skin. Sometimes it becomes unbearable. Then some days it'll itch on the lips. I've had this problem for actually a few years, but it seems to go away just before I'm about to talk to my mom about it. Then shortly after it'll come back. Some days there's also a white discharge, but not all the time. I've tried Vagisil, Vaseline, change soaps, stopped shaving for a while. I've only had sex about 3 or 4 times in the past year. I'm pretty positive it's not an STD but it's still a possibility.
Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? And possibly a way to get rid of it?
These symptoms can be due to yeast infection of the sin of the vagina. Treatment consists of topical antifungal cream which may contain miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral. Restrict wearing any undergarments at night and as far as possible keep the area dry.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you!^^ this did help very much. I told my mom that she should make an appointment. It's almost time for my yearly check up. Again, thank you!:)