Itching inside vagina
Hi! I apologise for this but I'd really appreciate your suggestions/remedies.

I'm 20 and over the past couple of days I have been experiencing this itching/burning inside my vagina and around the opening. I'm not experiencing any burning when I pee, abnormal discharge or odd smells. It's not constant, it quietens down sometimes and then is flares up again to the point that I literally want to scratch (sorry!) At first I though it was maybe something to do with my period (I was clutching at straws) but I started my period yesterday and the itching is still the same.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'd really be grateful for any help. Thanks!

Jessica.

P.S. I'm not sexually active.
It sounds like you may have a yeast infection starting, normally with a yeast infection, you'll also have a white ( cottage cheese) like discharge along with it, so it wouldn't hurt to see a Dr to be checked for sure, or, try an over the counter remidy that may help with the symptoms. Having your period could also flush it out, but it,s better to be safe then sorry if your still having the symptoms while on your period or after, to be checked out.
Thanks! I have started getting a sort of throbbing pain in the clitoral area and needing to urinate often. I don't have any pain when I first urinate but as it finishes there's an aching pain from my clitoris, almost like a painful spasm. The itching is still here too! Is this a UTI?
If you feel like you need to urinate more frequently, or do not feel "satisfied" with you have, burning is a sign of a UTI.

If you have a yeast infection starting, try adding about 1/3 of a cup of vinegar to bath water and sitting in it for about 5 minutes. Yeast cannot survive in that acidity.

Also, if your throbbing continues go to the doctor. If it is a UTI it can turn into a bladder infection which in worst case scenario's has an influence on fertility.