Itchy, cuts between legs where underwear rubs.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hi, i'm 19 and a few months ago, have noticed that i have an itchy vulva. I think it began because the underwear i was wearing was too small and the spandex was rubbing a lot between my legs. I switched to bigger underwear and eventually stopped wearing underwear because it's gotten very painful. It's very red, and the skin is dry and cut between my legs where the underwear rubs (bikini underwear). I've been using many creams and ointments (like a&d and neosporin) at night to try to heal the cuts, but nothing is working. Like i said, it's been about 3 months now, and it's still very red and sometimes hurts when i wipe. How can i get rid of these cuts and the itchiness?

(also, i am a virgin)
perhaps the area has developed a yeast infection which would present as red itchy skin that can also split.  Try taking some 7-day over the counter vaginal yeast cream and apply it to the area at night.  Make sure to dry that area thoroughly after a shower or bath - you can use your blow dryer on cool to accomplish this rather than using a towel and rubbing the area dry.  If in seven days the area has not improved, you should see a dermatologist.
I have exactly the same thing, it just won't heal properly.  Did you solve it in the end?and how?
Barb135 commented on SOY
pb95 commented on Baby Noah!!
LandM2009, and Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals