Itchy Clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Itchy Clitoris

1 year ago i had an Abscess, I believe its called, on my Clitoris. My clitoris was swollen very large it was itchy and hurt a lot. I went to the doctor and got it treated. Now my clitoris is becoming very itchy again, almost to the point where its unbearable. I dont know what came across me one day but while it was extremely itchy i squeezed my clitoris and pus came out. When the pus came out the itch went away. The itch always comes back though and i squeeze it again and more pus comes out. It is now a cycle.

I do not believe this is an abscess again due to the fact it is not as swollen and doesnt hurt as much. If anyone knows any reason to why my Clitoris is itchy and has pus in it please tell me. I am only 16 and i have never had sex before. I am worried of the possibilities it may be.

From your symptoms, it looks like a Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops.

An examination by a gynecologist will be the best as pus is draining which means that you may need antibiotics or incision and drainage.
I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.