Itchy Painful Bumps on Vaginal Lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Itchy Painful Bumps on Vaginal Lips

Hi.  I have been very nervous for the past few weeks and think that I may have herpes or HPV (genital warts).  I had skin-to-skin genital contact (no sex, but everything but that -- including him giving me oral) with a guy on Aug. 13th.  On Aug. 22nd, I first started feeling extremely itchy on my vaginal lips and around the entrance to my anus.  This itchiness increased to the point that it was unbearable.  During that time, I tried taking yeast infection meds, but that didn't work.  On Aug. 29th, I noticed 2 large bumps under the skin near my anus.  They were not itching, but were painful only when I pressed on them.  On Aug. 31st, I saw a doctor.  She wasn't sure what it was, but she took a culture for yeast and did a test for STDs.  Both came back negative, BUT the STD test would have been done too soon to detect herpes -- it takes 2-3 months for antibodies to appear in a blood test.  Over the next few days, the itchiness has gotten worse on both my vaginal lips, near my clitoris, and around the entrance to my anus. On September 5th, I noticed several large lumps on my vaginal lips that looked like they were under the skin.  Also, the lips in general looked lumpy and droopy.  Finally, there were also smaller red dots (almost like pimples) that hurt if I pressed down on them.  Also, I noticed 3 or 4 smaller bumps around my anus that could either be hemorrhoids or something else.  I went back to the doctor on September 7th, and she did a culture and found bacterial vaginosis.  She also took a biopsy of one of the bumps to test it for herpes.  Today, September 9th, I noticed that the bumps on my vaginal lips look larger and are now hurting without even pressing on them.  The itching has actually decreased, but now my lips are painful.

I know that I will probably find out in a few days what this is, but I am FREAKING out.  I haven't been able to sleep at all, and I am just so nervous that this is herpes (which I am pretty convinced that it is).  I'm also so upset, because I have never had sex with someone whom I haven't first asked to be tested, and I am generally so careful.  I didn't even have sex this time, we just fooled around.  I mistakenly thought that that was safer than just having sex with a condom.  Now I know that I was wrong.

I really just want a professional medical opinion of what you think this is.  I'm driving myself crazy with constantly Googling pictures of herpes to try to figure out if that is what I have, and I'm getting nowhere (except going nuts).  Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Did the bumps look like blisters of boils?
Well it's good that your dr did a Swab test, altho the thing that sux is that if you dint get it swabbed early enough you might get a false negative. Did you get a herpes blood test anyway? Just to see that you were atleast negative before the encounter. I have heard that some people cld be positive witg out symptoms, and then years later get symptoms.
The bumps on the lips look like a lump that is under the skin.  In fact, they're kind of hard to even see except that they are making the lips droop and crinkle in a weird way.  When I run my finger down the lips, I feel them easily, and they are painful when I press on them (and painful when I don't now too).  They look most like a large pimple that is under the skin.  I forgot to mention that when I went to the doctor on Sept. 7, I only had 2 bumps on my vaginal lips.  I noticed two more bumps today.

I did get the herpes blood test (as well as a blood test for all other STDs).  It was negative.  However, if I did get herpes from this encounter, it would have been too early to get a positive.  Prior to Aug. 13th, the last time I was with a guy was 6 months ago, so I know that I was definitely negative prior to this encounter.

I forgot to mention also that there is a tickly/tingling sensation on the vaginal lips that is different from the itchiness I was describing.  While the itchiness has gotten better, the tingling has not.  

I am so scared about this!!!  I can't think about or do anything else...Please let me know what you think.  Thank you!
I Know how you feel!! I have been battling a yeast infection and BV for 7 months now and I am still not convinced that it's not really herpes!!
I was neg for HSV-2 but by blood test I was positive for HSV-1 (cold sore strain). I'm still terrified that my problems could really be herpes and the BV and yeast come because the herpes is messing with my PH levels!
I've had numerous suspicious things happen that make me believe it's herpes,
I had a tear/cut/raw spot under the hood of my clitoris! I never got it swabbed because the dr was convinced that it was just a cut not herpes, I wish I would have had it swabbed, I was extremely raw and red on the inside of my vaginal lips, I never got that swabbed because I didn't even think about it maybe being herpes at that time, I also had a taste bud looking bump on the inside of my vaginal lips!
I hope in your case that it is just cysts, ive heard that you can get them on your V lips.
I was diagnosed with BV too!!!! The anti biotics helped, but made the yeast worse!
I know how you feel about waiting, I had the taste bud looking bump swabbed and waiting for the results is the worse!!! Altho mine was neg, but the dr said that it says nothing, cuz there is a high rate of False neg.
I can totally relate.  I know you said you're still nervous even though you were negative for HSV-2, but at least it came back negative.  Also, you only have one raw spot and one bump.  I have numerous bumps.  Plus, the taste bud bum was negative!  That is a very good sign.  The dr said there is a high rate of false negatives for swabbing?  Or for blood tests?

Also, do you know if you got the blood test 2-3 months after you may have been exposed?  If it was that long, then the negative result was probably correct.  My dr said that false negatives only appear when the blood test is taken too soon -- it takes 2-3 months for the body to make antibodies to the virus, which is what the blood test detects.

I also have had recurring yeast infections in the past, so I know how upsetting that can be.  I've never had any other thing, though -- no suspicious marks, bumps, tears, etc.  So that's why I'm so nervous now.  

You said that you've had BV for 7 months?!  Did the antibiotics not work?  I am on the 3rd day now of antibiotics.  I am really hoping they work (and don't give me a yeast infection -- in the past, I've gotten one from antiobiotics).

I have heard about cysts on vaginal lips too, and also swollen lymph nodes, but I don't know how they differ in appearance from herpes.  Do you know?  Also, I read that sometimes herpes can give you swollen lymph nodes on the vaginal lips, so even if they are lymph nodes, it may still be herpes.

I really really think that I have herpes.  A lot of the symptoms that I found online match what I have.  I just am SO upset about it -- I am the least promiscuous and most careful of ANY of my friends.  And I didn't even have sex with this guy who may have given it to me!  I'm also freaking out that I'll never find anyone who will want to have a relationship with me if I have it...ugh, I'm so so so upset.  I haven't told any of my friends because I don't want them to be completely disgusted by me.  So it's been so hard acting like everything is normal, but inside all I'm thinking about is this horrible disease that I probably have.
I know it's super stressful right now, but keep looking up, check for lymph nodes on your lower abdominan, and upper legs.
Have you asked the guy if he has herpes? You dont need to tell him what your going through if you dont want to, just ask and see what he says.
I had BV and didn't know it until three weeks ago, I was burning constantly! It was horrible! Now the burning is gone but my clotoris feels weird every once in a while!
But that cut under the hood of my clitoris is very suspicious because it's like almost impossible to cut yourself down there, cuz it's hidden under skin you know.
Well my fear is that I got hsv-1 down there!!!! Because it is possible, ive been with my bf for 2 years so I'm fairly certain I don't have HSV 2, but I have a huge possibility that it's hsv-1 since my blood test is positive for hsv1.
I know herpes can come in all different sorts of ways.
Another question did that guy maybe have a cold sore when he went down on you?
I know how you feel, I have been careful about tge guys I sleep with but until recently I was oblivious to the fact that cold sores could become genital herpes! And now I remember all the times I went down on my bf and had vaginal sex right after. And the times my bf when I was 16 went down on me, he had cold sores, but didn't go down on me when a cold sore was present, but just because it's not present doesn't mean you can't get it, it's just harder to get it.
Oh and false neg for swab test, not blood test.
Yeah I waited 4 months from last time I had sex b4 I got a blood test.
Oh and on top of everything, I now have a white spot under the skin of my clitoris!!!! It hurts sometimes! I'm terrified!
I am seeing an OBGYN on Monday so hopefully she can tell me what she thinks it is.
OH and since your bumps looks like lumps, maybe it could be clogged glands. Or a cyst, look up cysts on vaginal lips.
I was looking up herpes symptoms as well and all it did was freak me out more!!!
You are so right, it is so super stressful.  It actually is making me feel a little better talking to you though...even though I don't even know you :).  I just have been freaking out for weeks about this and have been keeping it all in.

I did look for swollen lymph nodes in my abdomen and upper legs -- nothing.  Do you know if there are lymph nodes on the vaginal lips?  I don't even know.

I looked up cysts, and what i found seemed to say that they are movable under the skin.  Mine are not.  They are fixed hard lumps under the skin -- like a pimple under the skin.  One of them seemed to have turned into something that looks like a cut.

While we were fooling around, I actually told the guy before we hooked up that I wasn't going to have sex with him until he got tested.  (Stupid me -- fooling around without having sex is probably MORE dangerous than just having sex with a condom!  I feel like such an idiot).  He said that he's gotten tested in the past, and doesn't have anything.  BUT -- 1) I don't even know if he's telling the truth.  I mean, I think he is an honest guy, but I've been out with him 5 times so I really don't even know, and 2) Even if he is telling the truth, I don't know when he was tested.  He could have had sex since then and gotten something.  Or the test could have been a false negative.  I haven't even seen him in the past week, so if this does turn out to be herpes, I have to deal with that uncomfortable phone call to let him know that he probably has it.  UGH!

As for the guy having a cold sore when he went down on me, I have no idea!  I didn't see one, but I guess that doesn't mean that it wasn't there.  Or I guess it could have even been possible for him to give me HSV-1 even if he didn't have an active sore.

At the same time, he and I kissed a lot more than we did anything else, so I prob would have gotten HSV-1 on my mouth if he did have that.  Right?  I'm so confused at this point, I don't even know!

I also didn't know that you could get HSV-1 on the genitals until recently either.  I'm an educated person and think of myself as pretty smart, but I sure have been pretty stupid with all of this!  I have been so careful about not sleeping with a guy until he's been thoroughly tested -- even with a condom -- but at the same time have put myself at risk in so many other ways.  I really feel like an idiot.

I'm glad your BV is finally subsiding.  As for the blood test for HSV-2, it is a really good sign that you waited 4 months to get the blood test.  It is pretty accurate if you wait that long.  Also, swab tests are pretty accurate.

It really doesn't sound like you have the symptoms of HSV-1 either.  From what I've seen, they look like cold sores that you would get on your mouth, only on the genitals.  From what you've said, it doesn't sound like that's what you have.

Since you've had the BV for so long, maybe your clitoris is just irritated from all of that burning.  It really doesn't sound like it is something else.  I'm glad you're seeing the OBGYN on Monday.  You'll hopefully feel better after that.  This is so upsetting because the symptoms for everything are really confusing!!

Btw -- did you have itching with the BV or just burning?  I am wondering if my itching could be due to that or no.
I know what you mean! I think it's because we don't know eachother that we can feel better talking about it! I feel too tense and weird talking to some one I do know, I think because then you feel judged.
Well right now I'm feeling funny on my clitoris, it scares me cuz it's like a sign when herpes comes up, and when I got that cut I felt weird as well before the cut popped up.
Yeah I've been told that it suppose to look like a cold sore but the thing is I've never had a real cold sore on my lip, I've had a whiteish blister on my lip before so I'm guessing that was the cold sore, and I've had blisters on my ear, so I'm guessing that could also be the cold sores but they never turned yellow, they just looked like a blister you get from friction! So I'm pretty scared!

I hope that it's just irritation but I won't know until I get a neg swab if I get another cut.

Well I had both BV and a yeast infection! So I was both very itchy and burning! I could barley walk at one time! It was horrible! So I'm not sure if BV itches, it could tho, I've read on symptoms of it. Oh and some girl on here went through he'll thinking that it was herpes she had cuts and bumps and itching but it ended up being BV and lichen Sclerosus. So there is hope!
I'm still suffering from a yeast infection so sometimes I'm ok but then other days I'm itchy and unconfortable!
I'm not sure if we have lymph nodes in our v lips I would think that we don't, I looked up where the lymph nodes are and the big ones are on the upper legs, and  l ower abdomen.
Oh and do you feel sick? Sometimes that happens if it were!
See I'm scared because I was sick for a while like three weeks off and on! I had a sore throat and was weak, I was hoping that it was because I was stressing myself out really badly, I won't eat, I lost 10 lbs in three months, which put me at 93lbs!! It's been a rough 7 months.
You are so right, it is easier bc we don't know each other and don't feel judged.  I had to go to a friend's bday dinner last night and pretend to feel normal, but all I was thinking about was this stuff!!  At least you can talk to your bf about it...I hate not having anyone to talk about it with...

It really sounds just like a small irritation, but you will feel better for sure once you get it swabbed and it comes back negative.

Ugh, that must have been horrible that you had BV and a yeast infection together!  I'm hoping that BV DOES itch, because if not then I will be even more sure that this is herpes.  At this point, I'd be THRILLED to just have BV (and a yeast infection)!

I looked up pictures of lichen sclerosus, and I'm almost positive that I don't have it.  The symptoms are white patches of skin, which I don't have.  (You said that you did, though, right?  Is that possible for you??)

I don't think we have lymph nodes on our vaginal lips either...so now I'm even more upset that this is definitely herpes bumps.  I don't feel very sick, but I have been feeling just an overall fatigue and not great.  I also had a sore throat.  Plus, one of the symptoms is a loss of appetite, which I have had too, but it could be due to stress.  I hear you on losing weight -- when this whole thing started a month ago, I was 105, and in only 4 weeks I'm down to 100.  I never lose weight like that -- I've been 105 on the dot for as long as I can remember...which, of course, is making me even more freaked out!!!

I hope you're able to relax a little and enjoy your Saturday.  I'm going to try to, although that's easier said than done...
Well I have bad news for myself, I found little white bumps on my skin next to my clitoris... I'm hoping sooooo badly that it's just the yeast stuck in my pores... I'm very itchy!!!  And irritated!!
Yea I have like a white patch under the hood of my clitoris, it came up hurt then the next day didn't hurt then the next day is was almost gone!
I'm still scared... I've stressed out so badly that now I have a cold sore on my lip ugh...
We can only hope for the best!! I want to so badly run to an urgency care and get the bumps swabbed but well last time I asked for a swab test they refused to!!! I was pissed!  I'm seeing an OBGYN Monday tho yey!!!!!! I'm just so scares that she's going to say that it is herpes... I know it's harder to get hsv-1 down there if you already have it facially but it's still not impossible!
Okay, try not to freak out!  The good news is that it sounds nothing at all like herpes or HPV.  And my OBGYN specifically said that it is almost impossible to get HSV-1 down there if you already have it on your mouth.    

If it's any other STD, you can take an antibiotic and it will eventually be gone!  And if it's just yeast or BV again, the most it will be is very annoying -- it is not a life-long affliction.

I know what you mean about wanting to run to get it looked at now.  (But how could they have refused to swab it last time???!??)

I slept all of 3 hours last night; I can't deal with this!  
Well I had the white bumps look at, they said it's basically acne down there...ewww... Anyway I also found a red spot on the inside of my vaginal lips!!!!! It was not a bump, when I touched it, it didn't hurt but it was there and I felt uncomfortable over all, the dr looked at it and said that it's unlikely it's herpes... I'm still skeptical, but he looked at my cervix and saw that I am all red and irritated!!!! And it hurt for him to swab the area, he said that he's going to test for everything!!!! Even herpes as I requested!

I know that it's hard to get herpes 1 down there if I have 1 on my face but I did some stupid things when I didn't know that I had hsv1 facially!! I mean I always bit my lip, never thought anything of it, i would go down on past boyfriends without thinking to check if I had a cut on my lip or in my mouth! OMG I hate myself for not knowing!!! My cold sores don't hurt!! They just look like a cut that doesn't heal because the virus is oozing out! Atleast this present cold sore looks that way.

I know I was pisses when the dr refused to do a swab test!!! Atleast this dr was smart and did the test! I won't know the results til wed!!!!! It's going to kill me! I'm so scares and paranoid! I told my bf, he Is supportive but I feel so bad that I have to talk to him about this! He lives far away so we haven't had sex in a long time.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight! Ugh

How things with you, getting any better? Are the bumps smaller?
That is great that he said it's unlikely to be herpes!  I've spent like at least 100 hours looking up stuff about herpes by now, and not one thing I saw sounds at all like what you're experiencing.  So that's a good thing!  Like I said before, everything else can pretty much be cleared up by meds.

As for spreading the HSV-1, that is almost impossible.  Try not to make yourself crazy about that!!

Why would the dr refuse to do the swab test?!  That doesn't make sense!  Btw, where can I go for urgent care at the last minute?  Did you mean the ER?  I don't know if I could stand to wait to get another appt with my OBGYN!

Don't feel bad about talking to your bf about it -- that's his job to be there for you!  I'm happy that he's being supportive.  I wish I could talk to someone about this, I'm going nuts!!!

The bumps are NOT smaller.  In fact, now they look more like blisters on top of the skin, and are more painful.  So now I'm even more positive that it is herpes.  I've been crying all day; I just can't believe this is happening to me :(((.
I do realize that I have atypical symptoms of herpes BUT I was on another web site and found a girl who had exactly what I'm going through and she was finally diagnosed with hsv2 by a swab test!!! I freaked out!!! That's why I'm scared! All the symptoms she had was discharge burning and itching. The only up side is I'm neg for hsv2 by blood test.

Yeah I had a bad dr that told me that swab tests are unreliable Because they have a high false neg. I begged her to swab anyway but she said it's no use! Ugh... But today I got a good dr who did swab the red area! He is testing for EVERYTHING!

I looked up On google "24 hour urgenct care" then the city you live in. I found one right next to my house! But it's a $50 copay.
Once I did go to the ER only because I'm double covered so I didn't have to pay a copay. I went three weeks ago because I had a reaction to the diflucan and I was still burning really badly! That's who found BV! Before that I had never gotten tested for BV... You know if you can afford it and are in extreme pain, maybe u shld go to the ER... There they can run tests... The bad thing is that they really don't know much about the vagina... But maybe they can get a sample and see if it's maybe boils you have... A bacterial infection...

I know I shouldn't feel bad about talking to him but its a sensitive subject... I'm so lucky that he's not acusing me of cheating, which I have not by the way.

Does it hurt to pee? Crap... Is it white or clear blisters? I'm hoping you just have boils... Check your lymph nodes now... And how about a fever... Flu? Usually if it's herpes you will feel sick and have swollen lymph nodes.

Really, don't freak out about herpes -- your HSV2 test was negative!  

I don't know if I should go to the ER or urgent care...it's prob better if I wait to see my gyn, even though I don't want to wait.  I just feel like she has more knowledge than a general practitioner...

The blisters look mostly red and inflamed.  Not white.  So I guess clear?  Why -- which is herpes?

I don't think my lymph nodes are swollen, but I've felt vague nausea, headaches, etc lately.  I also have no appetite.  But that could be because I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night (at best) and am worried sick over this...so I have no idea.

I really am 99% sure that it is herpes.  Boils are relatively uncommon, and I had the tingling and itchiness, which doesn't come with boils.  I am SO BEYOND upset at this point.  Not only about having a lifelong virus and feel disgusting.  Also, how am I ever going to tell a guy about this?!  No one will want to date me, I'll be single forever :(((.
I know Ive never been afraid of it being hsv2 because my symptoms are not too bad. But hsv1 can be mild like mine are! I have a red spot that slightly hurts if I look close enough it looks like a cut! How in the world could I get a cut on my inner vsginal lips! I haven't had sex in four months and I have not masterbated!! So how could I get a perfectly round cut!?!?! I'm trying not to freak out but it's so hard not you, you know what I mean! It's the size of a pen tip.

Yeah if you are not I'm extreme pain then you shld wait... When is your next appt??
Mine is tomorrow morning!!!

How big are they? Well maybe it's a bad bacterial infection! It sounds to me like a bacterial thing... OMG what if it's a staph infection... Or strep? He did go down on you... Did the guy have a soar throat?
Have you looked up what cysts look like?

Yeah I had no appetite before,,, when I was burning really badly and when I was waiting for my blood test! It could be anxiety... Try to relax and think about something else, I know how hard it is, I'm having a hard time myself but we have to relax...

That's not true, there are many people with herpes and many people who have accepted that there significant other has herpes when they don't. I know how you feel tho, honestly I don't think that I could stay with my bf if I find out that it's hsv1 down there... Basically because of the guilt, and if he's hsv1 free then I wouldn't wanna take a chance on giving it to him... I would feel so badly I couldn't live with myself and still be with him cuz I'll be constantly reminded of how stupid I was... I was never careful with my hsv1 orally, I should have been more careful I just didn't know!!! I'm stupid!!!!!!!

I want to believe it's not herpes but the cut is making it very hard for me to believe that! I'm afraid it's going to get bigger! I haven't looked I'm scared to look!!! Because I read about a girl who first only had a little cut then it got bigger and it looked like a canker sore and it ended up being herpes!!! OMG I'm scared!!!!
Oh, I thought you were freaking out about HSV2 also.  Even for HSV1, though, it really doesn't seem like that is what it is.  I know it doesn't make sense to get a cut there, but it could be due to a million other things.  You will feel better after you see your dr tomorrow, try not to freak out too much before then.

I am waiting to hear back from the dr about the results of the swab test.  She said Mon or Tues; she said that she will call me, but I'm going to call her tomorrow a.m. as soon as they open to see if they received the test results.  Even if they did, though, the dr had said at the time that it may not be reliable, because my bumps were just under the skin at that point so it was very difficult to get a good swab.  So even if it comes back negative, I'm definitely going back to see her bc now I have actual blisters and am freaking -- FREAKING -- out!!!!  I am positive that it is herpes.  I looked up different bacterial infections and cysts and I don't think this looks like that.  At this point, it grew and looks like a red ball sitting on top of my skin.  There are also other lumps under the skin but I'm sure that in time they will also become blisters.  The symptoms of a cyst are to be able to easily move the lump, and I can't do that.  I also thought of a staph infection, but it said that the symptoms are small blisters, and these are pretty large -- larger than a pea.  And if he had had strep, wouldn't I have gotten it in my throat?  I didn't.  So I just can't think of anything else it can be!  Plus, I have a sore throat today and feel a little achey (achy), but maybe that is because I haven't been sleeping.  I don't know.  Omg, I am soooo sooo SO upset.  

I was SUCH AN IDIOT for thinking that rubbing/humping naked was the least bit safe.  It would have been safer if we had just had sex (with a condom)!!  I'm so so soooo stupid.  So I know how you feel.  But, in your case, I don't think you were stupid at all!  What should you do, never kiss someone?  And going down on someone with HSV1 is pretty low-risk.  It's much riskier to give it to someone kissing.  And even then, it's very hard without an outbreak.  I broke up with a guy who had HSV1 a year ago, and we dated for 2 yrs, and I never got it.  (But of course, I get HSV2 from a one time encounter.  I'd take HSV1 in a heartbeat compared to 2.)

My family and my friends all know that something's going on with me, but I can't tell any of them, so I think they think I'm crazy!!  I cancelled all of my plans this week too because I just know that I'm going to be devastated after finding out that I have herpes.  Plus, I was supposed to have 2 dates this week that there is no way I can go on; I feel terrible and won't be able to be the least bit fun/interesting.  

I am trying to think about other stuff, but I just can't.  I can't sleep.  I can't eat.  I can't do anything but constantly look at the blisters with a mirror and flashlight.  And worry.  

Let's both try not to be scared and try to think about other things.  I think I may take Ambien tonight to sleep, I can't stand another sleepless night.

Good luck tomorrow; let me know what the dr says.  I will be thinking about you!!
Yeah I still think it's hsv1, now the red dot lOoks like a dimple!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!! That has to mean it's a herpes sore!!!!!!!!!!! What else looks like a dimple?!?!?!?! It doesn't really Hurt tho! It just feels weird, I can pee just fine so far! I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!

Well I know you think you have herpes but to me it doesn't sound like it, if it were herpes, typically you would have little clustered blisters popping up THEN theu form a big blister, oh and they can also just look like an ulcer! Which is why I am terrified because mine looks  like a dimple hence maybe it's a tiny ulcer!!!! crap crap crap!!!
Well maybe the sore throat is strep!!! If it starts to really hurt to eat then I'd say you may have strep in your throat!

Don't worry I have made that same mistake!! Luckily I didn't get herpes from that guy, that was about three years ago so it would have shown in my blood test already!
I know that it is very rare but I didn't know that I can get cold sores and I def didn't know u can pass it by oral!!! I had gone down on my bf and had sex right after when I bit my lip and had a scab on my lip!!!! Crap crap crap I was sooooo stupid!!!
AND when I had a blister on my lip I thought that maybe it was from biting my lip so I popped it and lightly washed my hands... But at that time I had girly problems so I was always touching down there and checking... I could have easily passed it to myself!!!! I'm really really stupid!!!!!

Oh I know!! I keep telling my boss that I have a dentist appt, eye appt, check up... Ect! I don't want anyone to know about what I'm going through!!! Many times I would just sit at work in terrible pain because I didn't want to tell my boss that I need to see a dr for girly problems...

Ugh right now I have a stinging sensation every once in a while, like it stings then goes away. OMG I'm so scared!!!

Yes I'm going to try to relax...
I'll let you know what my dr says!

Did you get itchiness before you noticed the cut?  I haven't even seen ONE picture of something that looks like a dimple.  I know that you are scared, but I really think you don't have HSV1 there!!

So many of my friends have done what I did with this guy, and most of them have done a lot riskier stuff -- like total unprotected sex.  I'm so mad at myself that the ONE time that I do something stupid, I have to live with the consequences my whole life!!  :(((((

I looked at a lot of websites about HSV2, and one of the symptoms can be one big blister, instead of several smaller blisters forming into a larger one.  Also, a bump that becomes a blister can also be a symptom, and that is exactly what I have!  It says that here: http://www.best-herpes-treatments.com/herpes-symptoms.html.  Plus, I cannot find one other thing that sounds like what I have!  Except maybe, possibly, MRSA, which actually may be even worse than herpes!

My sore throat is too minor to be strep.  Plus, the encounter with the guy was Aug. 13th.  I definitely would have gotten strep a long time ago.

I really think that you don't have to worry.  It is REALLY hard to give HSV1 during oral, and probably even harder to pass it to another site on yourself.  At least according to my gyno.  So try not to worry!!!  I REALLY dont' think it is HSV1!!

I know how you feel with telling people that it is this thing or that thing.  I am not a very good liar, either, because I keep forgetting what I say to whom.  I had to call a guy who I was supposed to have a date with tonight to cancel. I just told him that I was sick, but he started asking all of these questions about my symptoms, and I am a very bad liar!!  Also, I'm on an antibiotic for the BV so I can't have alcohol, and when I was at my friend's bday dinner the other night and everyone ordered drinks, I lied and said that I had a sinus infection so that was why I was on antibiotics and couldn't drink.  Then someone who was there who is a dentist started asking which antibiotics they were, the dosage, etc.  I just said I didn't know...And, plus, my mom called me before and she could tell i had been crying, and asked me what was going on, and I just said that I was stressed out about some work stuff.  I can't deal with all of this!!!!

Okay, I am going to take a deep breath and try to relax.  You should do the same!  I think that I am going to take an Ambien.  Otherwise I won't sleep again tonight, and I can't deal with being this exhausted and nervous every single night...

I will be thinking good luck thoughts to you tomorrow!!  Let me know how it goes!!!
Well I was not feeling perfect down there, I was itchy on the outside on my clitoris hood! I decided to check down there because I was feeling uncomfortable, there was alot of white discharge, while I was cleaning the discharge ever so carefully I say that I was red in one spot!! So I looked closer and saw a red dot... That's when I freaked i went to the dr at urgent care, he didn't even think much about the spot, he just checked my cervix and looked around my vaginal lips, and said nothing looks like herpes, when he was feeling around I did have a little stinging feeling but it wasn't extremely painful.
I checked again and to me it looked like a circular cut! Now it looks like a dimple... I know herpes usually is blister like but it can start as An ulcer!!!! This could very well be a tiny ulcer!!!!! I'm freaking out! I want it to be tomorrow now!!! But the weird part is the opposed side of my vaginal lip feels itchy... But I do have yeast everywhere.., it's like my skin is almost white all over! Except on the inside!

I know that Drs keep telling me that it's very unlikely that it's hsv1!!!!! I truly truly want to believe everyone!!!! You have no idea!!!!!! I just need a good neg swab test to convince me!
Besides I need to prepare myself for the worst! I think that if I don't then my whole world will crash down!
I keep talking to my bf but he doesn't want to talk about it until it's confimed
Oh I know! My mom knows that my yeast infection hasn't gone away and I have BV but that's it!! I can't tell her that I think it's herpes!!!! Part of me wishes I didn't tell her anything but I already did... Crap now I'm burning!!!! Ugh... I'm so depressed...

Thank you I will need all I can get! :)
I'm convinced it's herpes... It's a red spot I dont see any discharge anymore... There's nothing else it could be... OMG I'm devastated
I told my mom about the BV too!  I couldn't hold it back.  But she has no clue what BV even is, I just told her it was an infection.  I think she just thinks it's like a yeast infection, and she doesn't get why I'm still so upset.  I could NEVER tell her it's herpes, she is very conservative, I can't imagine what she'd think.  (Esp bc I don't even have a boyfriend!!)

I took Ambien 40 mins ago and I still can't sleep!  It's like I didn't even take anything.  Instead I keep alternating between lying in bed trying to sleep and then getting up to look at it in the bathroom with the mirror.  I am exhausted but too worked up to relax to sleep!

I feel so depressed too.  I wish this weren't happening to either of us...

I hope the burning is better and you are able to get to sleep soon.  (Are you on the east coast?  It's already 12:45 a.m. here and I am nowhere near being able to sleep!!)

GL tomorrow!!!  It REALLY does not sound like it is hsv1 or 2!!  Every dr has told you that!  I really think it prob got irritated from all of the bv and yeast infections one after another!  But I know that you are still nervous.  I hope it goes well tomorrow, I will be sending you good thoughts :).
How did it go???  I have been thinking of you all morning!!!  I hope it went well -- let me know!

I woke up this a.m. and the big blister had BURST and there was blood coming out of it!!!!  I totally FREAKED out and called my dr as soon as the office opened and got an appt for this afternoon.  I can't stand waiting even til then, though -- I'm so scared!!!  Plus, the swab test that she did last Wed isn't even back yet.  I was hoping that it would be so I could just KNOW already.  Although, it may not even be accurate bc my bumps were mostly under the skin at that point so it was hard to get a good swab.  I am so so soooo scared right now!!!!  
Well my OBGYN gladly swabbed the area! I'm so scared tho!!! I asked her what it looked like and she said it looked like a cut... And it could be herpes or just a cut and my irritated skin is having a hard time in healing it... I am so scared!!!!!!!!
It hurt a little when she swabbed the area, but now I get off and on stinging sensation on the spot. I don't know what to do or think!!! It's going to be so hard for me to wait a week!!!!
She also did a pap smear on me because I told her that my last pap showed dysplacia.
She was shocked that my dr didn't recommend me to an OBGYN when my pap was irregular, that was back I'm APRIL!!!!!! Ugh...
I keep saying "please be negative please be negative!!!!!" I seriously want to scream that!!! I'm so scared and I dont want to wait for my results!!!! I want to know now! But well so far it still doent hurt to pee, but I'm scared that this cut is going to get bigger!!

OMG!!! Ouch!!!!! That doesn't sound like herpes to me! Wouldnt it just be clear stuff?!?
I hope that the dr gives you good information about what it can be!!! Maybe the dr will finally give you something for the pain!!!!!!
Well for sure they will be able to swab that area!!
I will be thinking good thoughts for you!!!!
Thank you so much for thinking good thoughts for me.  I was doing the same for you all day!!  I am so glad that the dr said it only looked like a cut.  I feel like you would have much more definite symptoms if it were herpes!  And of course it hurt when she swabbed it -- she was poking around in an open wound.  Don't let that make you upset!

That is good that you got the pap, but even if it is irregular, all that could be is HPV.  Which wouldn't look like a cut.  But if it IS hpv, don't freak out -- most people's bodies are able to expel the virus by themselves and that would be it.  And, plus, the strain of HPV that causes an irregular pap does NOT cause genital warts.  That's a different strain.  Also, an irregular pap could just be irregular -- not due to HPV or anything.  So really don't worry about that at all!

My OBGYN said that the blisters do not look at all like a typical herpes outbreak; she has never seen a herpes outbreak that presents as a bump under the skin that becomes a large blood-filled blister.  Also, there are still two more large "bumps" under the skin near the blister that look like they are going to be come blisters just like the other one did.  Also, she said that usually blood doesn't come out of herpes blisters.

HOWEVER, she also said that herpes can trick you, and can look different in different people.  Also, she could NOT think of ONE other thing that it could possibly be!  Also, I had extreme unbearable itchiness for around a week before the "bumps" formed under the skin, plus I had the tingling feeling under the skin, and those two symptoms are classic symptoms of herpes!!

So, basically, I am very (VERY) upset!!  I googled my symptoms so many times, and although nothing matches up exactly, herpes is the closest.  Plus, the timing of the symptoms coincide with when I hooked up with that guy.  

The dr said that she is not sure what it is, but herpes is the only thing she can think of!  She did swabs of the blister that burst, and she said that she is going to "brush up" on her knowledge of possibilities and get back to me.  She also is going to call her friend who is a dermatologist to ask her opinion just in case it is a dermatological condition.

The first swab that she took last week wasn't back yet, so I have to keep waiting until tomorrow or Wed to find out what the results are of that.  And the swabs that she took this week of the burst blister won't be back til next week.  I'm going crazy thinking about this and worrying!!!  I really can't take this.  I've made myself sick and have barely eaten in a week.  And last night I took Ambien and STILL couldn't sleep!  I'm exhausted and scared and just wish this wasn't happening :(((.
OMG lookat this link tell me what you think!!!
http://www.************.com/Hard_Cyst_like_bumps_IN_labia_minora_t134573.html
Well I guess I can't post that link... Basically there were people describing what you have and most were saying that they are virgins AND it's only on the right side of there vaginal lips!!

Yeah... I'm still worried but the good thing is, it doesn't hurt to pee at all, it doesn't itch, it hasn't gotten bigger, and no swollen lymph nodes.
It's just well I know that Genital hsv1 is actually suppose to be very mild!! Like only one legion!! So that scares me!!!!
Yeah it's scarry that my pap was abnormal last time, my OBGYN looked pretty pissed that my dr didn't refer me to an OBGYN when he saw I had traces of dysplacia!! I'm happy that I refered myself!!!! She is very knowledgeable!!!
And it would suck if it ends up being HPV but the body can usually fight that off! Altho it could also be caused my my multiple problems I'm having!

Well to be honest I really think that you have a couple blocked sebaceous glands... That's the link I was trying to show you... They are painful and build up from in the skin then burst!

OMG I know how you feel!! I hate waiting!!! I can't believe that they still don't have your results!!! So wed
Damn I pressed the wrong button... Anyway
Wed I get to hopefully get the results of my swab test from the urgency care, he just swabbed my cervix, but I read that in some women herpes only come in the form of cervisitis!!! So I'm a little scared about that!
Then Monday I will find out about my swab test that was done today!!! OMG I can't wait that long!!! I'm going to go crazy!!!
Can you try to repost the link that you found?  Or let me know exactly what you Googled?  I haven't been able to find anything like that.  The people with cysts or sabaceous glans (glands) say that they can move theirs around under the skin (which I can't do), or that it never goes away (and mine rose to the surface and burst).  Plus, I had that extreme itchiness and tingling before, and that is a symptom of herpes!  Pls try to repost the link -- or send me a personal message maybe with it?  Thank you!!

I have pretty much been totally devastated because I am 100% positive that it is herpes.  I found these links last night -- http://theherpesblog.com/herpes-blisters-herpes-sores/ AND http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_herpes_outbreak_look_like. Both describe exactly what I have :((((.  I'm so sad and upset and just totally beside myself.  I don't know what to do.

I am very glad that you don't have an itch, it isn't painful to pee, etc.  That should put your mind at ease.  I know it's hard to wait for your results, but I am POSITIVE that your swab will be fine.  And even if it shows HPV, almost everyone's bodies get over that on their own.

I really hope my results came back today.  I just can't take this waiting anymore.
I found these two links, which seem to describe EXACTLY what I am having (a lump under the skin that becomes a blister), and they are both herpes :(((((.  http://theherpesblog.com/herpes-blisters-herpes-sores/ AND  http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_herpes_outbreak_look_like.  

I'm soooo upset!!!
Ok look up:
labia minora bump/blister/cyst
On google it should be the first one!

Oh and well I'm not confident anymore... I asked some ppl on a herpes forum if they had any mild syptoms (symptoms)... One girl replied... She had only little cuts that looked like nicks from shaving except it was in the inside near the opening of her vagina... Well mine looks like a cut from shaving except it's on the inside as well! I'm devastated!!!
It is herpes... I'm so sad... I want to call my bf but because of time diff he's still sleeping... But he's going to tell me that I don't know and wait for results... But the fact is people with herpes have the same symptoms as me!!!!!!! Real people!!!
Don't worry I was looking at that the site that I want you to google and they experienced what you are experienced and some of those women were virgins!!! I do not believe that you have herpes... And I will continue to have good thoughts for you!! I hope that you get your results today as well!!! And I hope I get my first result tomorrow! I'm really really scared!!!!
Maybe you have an Abscess??

Well I think grace is fed up with me... She won't tell me her opinion on the cut I have... I'm still freaking out so badly!!
Thanks so much.  I just googled it, but unfortunately, I don't think it's like what I have.  This is MUCH bigger than a zit -- no one would describe it that way.  Also, it is on the labia majora, not the labia minora.  And it got very painful today.  PLUS -- I just noticed today a new, much smaller red bump on the other side!  That is much more similar to what a herpes outbreak would look like.  AND my left pelvic lymph node is definitely swollen.  So now I'm TOTALLY freaking outtt!!!!!  People had the same exact symptoms that I do and it was HERPES!!!!  I'm soooo upset, I don't know what to do!!!!

I know you are freaking out and you said that you found someone who described something like a cut that was herpes, BUT -- all of the drs you saw (who are medical professionals and who actually saw it) don't think so!  Please try not to worry!!  I know it's easier said than done, but I really think you are fine!  Put it this way -- I'd be in your situation instead of mine in a second!

Thank you so much for thinking good thoughts for me -- maybe my good thoughts for you and your good thoughts for me will work!  I'm going nuts here.  I'm not religious, but I have been constantly praying that this isn't H.  My results still haven't come back yet!!!  How long could this possibly take?!??!!  Your result comes back tomorrow?  I wonder why mine is taking so long???

When can you call your bf to talk?  It is so hard to keep it in, but at least you will be able to talk to him soon.  What is the time difference?

I haven't told anyone, and my whole family doesn't understand what is going on with me.  Plus, my sister's engagement party is on Saturday, and I can't even imagine getting dressed up and going there and trying to pretend to be celebratory.  Plus, it is really hurting down there!

And Grace is totally fed up with me too -- she never answered my last post!  I'm still freaking out too!!!
I just looked up abscesses -- they are like blisters or boils I think?  But everyone who wrote that they had one only seemed to have ONE.  Plus, they seemed to need to get it lanced off.  Mine rose to the surface and became a blister that popped.  PLUS now I have the smaller red bump that looks like a herpes bump!!!  I called my doctor and she said that my results will be in tomorrow, so depending on what they are, I will ask her also about abcesses and cysts.  I am thinking, though, that the cultures that she took yesterday will show what it is -- she took 2 cultures -- one for herpes, and one for bacteria (which would be there if it were a cyst or abscess).  

Also, the swab that she took that is coming back tomorrow is not that reliable.  At the time, all of my bumps were under the skin, so she said that she could not get a very reliable swab.  Plus, even reliable swabs have a 30% false negative rate.  Which means that even if it comes back negative, I will STILL be freaking out!!!
Btw, did you see that Grace did answer your question?  She said that HSV1 presents exactly like HSV2.  Which is good because your symptom is so minor!!  

I think that Grace probably never responded to my last post because there is nothing to say -- she already told me what she thought, now I just have to wait for the results :-/.
So I just broke down and called the guy I had hooked up with -- who I hadn't seen since then -- and told him everything.  It was pretty awkward, but he was really sweet and offered to come over when I started hysterically crying (I said no because he lives 40 mins away).  It actually felt good just to TELL someone (besides you :)) and be able to cry to someone.

Anyway, he had told me back when we hooked up that he had gotten an STD test in May.  We hooked up in August.  I have been SO mad at myself that I had not asked for a more recent test.  But to make matters worse, he now said that he realized the test was actually in JANUARY, and since then he has had unprotected genital-to-genital "contact" with "a few" people.  He said he had no idea that it was risky to do that.  So now I am REALLY upset because basically that means that he has no idea what his STD status has been since October of last year (which is 3 months before the blood test).  Almost a year!!!  I am hysterically crying and so ANGRY with myself for being so careless and stupid!!!  :(((((
Oh no! What does the swelling look like?? Is it near your hip bone? Or closer to the clitoris?
If your bumps were on your labia majora then maybe it is an abcess (abscess)... I hope that it is for you!
Are the bumps blister like? Clumped together?
It's just so weird that herpes would rise to the skin like a big bump...

Well seriously if your friends had slept with this guy using no protection... And if this guy has herpes then they may have it and be too scared to say anything about it. But do they know that you messed around with this guy?? I would call him again and demand him to get a test done! Say that you are paranoid and need to know for sure...

Yeah but I wanted petal130 to write me, I read on a post that she has ghsv1 and that usually it only comes with one or two legions... Very mild!!
That's why I am scared!!!!!!!! Mine is so small but it's impossible that I made a perfect round cut on myself when I have not been sexually active nor rubbed myself!!! What the hell!!!!! I'm so scared!!!
Oh and now I found brownish discharge with chunkie white coming out of me!!!!!!!!!! OMG I dint know what to do or think! I can't keep running to urgency cares and ERs I've spend over $100 on urgency cares and dr visits in the last month... And even more than that in the last 4 months!!!! I'm so scared my period is not suppose to start until the 25th!!!!!
So many Drs have looked at my cervix... Non said that I have legions on my cervix... I'm so scared!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish that we were both ok!! That we wouldn't be going through this hell!
But he has had no outbreaks!! I mean I know that some people can have it and never know it but usually they do...
Is he going to get a test done??
The swelling is ON the left labia majora -- three separate large bumps that are lined up.  The bottom one is toward the bottom of the lip (closer to the anus), the middle one is the one that burst, and then there is one on the top.  The first and third ones look like they are slowly coming to the surface and forming a blister like the one that popped.  AND plus now I have a small red bump on the OTHER side (the right side), and that is a smaller, more pimple/mosquito bit looking bump, which is much more typical of herpes!!!  So I am freaking out even more!!!  Plus now I have swelling in my left pelvic lymph node!!!!  Omg omg omg I am hoping that it is a bacterial abcess (abscess) or something, but deep down, I just know that this is herpes!!!!

None of my friends have hooked up with this guy.  We live in NYC -- it could have been ANYONE who he hooked up with!!  People meet people everywhere here.  (I met him totally randomly on a bus!  Now I'm so mad at myself that I ever took that bus in the first place!)  He said he hooked up with "a few" people.  It only takes ONE to be infected to pass it on to him!  He said that he will make an appointment as soon as possible to get tested.  But even if he IS tested, it will only be conclusive as of June (and that's assuming he hasn't hooked up with anyone else since then)  

Try not to be scared -- usually if it is a breakout, it is not just one little cut.  I once had a random cut like that when I was still a virgin, so it could be nothing!!!  And you've seen a bunch of drs, and none have found anything on your cervix.  The brown discharge and chunky white discharge is not at all typical of herpes.  It's more typical of a yeast or bacterial infection.  So don't worry about that -- it's nothing that can't be cured!

I've spent $100 just on visits to my gyno in the last WEEK, so I know what you mean!  Each copay is $35!  I don't even care, though, just as long as it isn't herpes!!!  I would pay thousands of dollars for it not to be that!!!

I wish we weren't going through this hell too!!!  I just want my normal life back, this is torture!!!!
I forgot to answer your question about the outbreaks.  90% of people who have herpes don't have any obvious outbreaks that they notice so they never know they have it!  Plus, most of that 90% is comprised of guys.  So that means that almost 90% of all guys who have herpes never even know it and can pass it on without knowing it!!!
you know, we have glands in our labia majora! maybe the glands are swollen!!! and MAYBE just maybe your big bumps are the abcess (abscess) coming from the glands!!!! i mean do we have lymph nodes on our labia majora?!?!?! i think im going to ask grace!

i am trying not to freak out but now i remeber having this cut before!!!! exactly where i have it right now!!!!! last time i just brushed it off as being nothing because i was having far worse issues than a little cut, and i remeber that it didnt hurt either or bother me much... just like this one!!! im so scared now!! i mean seriously, i can find one other explaination for this mystery spot!

they keep telling me that its almost impossible and that people ususally have a bad outbreak before they have less severe ones, BUT since ive had cold sores on my lip, what if my body skipped the bad outbreak because it was able to fight the virus, but the virus still got through!!! OMG OMG i am so scared!!!!!!!

oh how lucky guys are! :(

so in guessing that this brown discharge is my period... altho i wasnt suppose to start until the 24th!!! but maybe the stress has made it start early.
It's not a gland bc it became a blister and burst.  The smaller bump that popped up yesterday has pretty much confirmed to me that this is herpes.  I am so full of despair I can barely type this.  Or do anything else.  My life is over.

Your cut is really nothing.  It's almost impossible to autoinoculate yourself from one area to another and you have zero other symptoms. You'll see when the swab gets back.
im sorry... does the little bumps hurt?
i really hope that this is all something else for you! but your life isnt over, there are so many people who have it now, i know it sux, it seems to be the people who are careful some how get it.

as for me, im in dispair... i cant get my head around what else this cut could be! ive had it once before in the smae spot... that sounds exactly like herpes!!! its a circular cut that still hasnt healed! im really sad, i dont think that i can stand being with my bf, knowing that i may have already given it to him OR i might give it to him! i cant live like that...
I'm new to this but not to bv and probably Not to herpes... bv is most likely the tingling ur feeling... its the weirdest thing... and it can itch.... even on ur panty line. Herpes normally reappears in the same spot.. mine does and its not very visable. It just looks like a small cut... it starts with itching on that spot and then pain. Let me know about the lumps because I've had those too.. but herpes also causes anal itching... I don't know why. But I domt take anything for the herpes because from my personal experience I find that meds make MORE outbreaks and they are damaging to the liver... so with all these problems I need my liver to be healthy so I can drink more!!! :-) LOL!!! But actually keeping the spot dry helps it heal... not covering with creams and ointments!
The small bump hurts a little, but mostly when I press on it.  It feels like a pimple.  That sounds like herpes, right?  Plus, I had MAJOR anal itching for a week before any bumps/blisters.  Oh sh*t.

You have also had large painful lumps under the skin -- like the size of a quarter -- that rise up to the surface and become a blister?  Is that another form of the smaller herpes bump/blister?  If so, how long does it take for the big lump to become a blister and then break?  And when it does break, what come out?  I'm asking because one of the blisters broke and blood came out...I'm not sure if anything else came out too, it was hard to tell.

Plus, my pelvic lymph node is KILLING me, so I am even more sure now.

How long have you had herpes?  Does it get any better???  What have you found that helps minimize the outbreaks?

The dr gave me a prescription for 10 days of Valtrex today.  Is that what you took that made it worse?  I thought it was supposed to help!

Sorry for so many questions, but I am so incredibly upset and confused about this.  This is going to change my life forever.  I am single now, and I won't ever not be :(((.
Tired -- I forgot to also say that since you had HSV1 on your mouth already, it's almost impossible for you to give it to yourself genitally!!  Also -- I think I told you that I had a cut almost exactly like you described when I was still a VIRGIN.  I hadn't even kissed a guy.  So I really don't think it is HSV!!!

But what you said about being afraid to give it to your bf -- that's how I feel.  Even if someone somehow accepts me with this, and still wants to have a relationship, I will be so stressed and scared about passing it on that I don't think I'd be comfortable being in the relationship.  I always wanted to have a husband and kids, and now I'm so afraid that that is never going to happen :(((.
Maybe those bumps are pimples?!?! Hopefully!!!!!
I'm still hoping for the best for you!!! You have been through so much!

I know people keep telling me that but see even london
Even London87 said herpes always comes in the same spot!!!! This is the second time I got this cut on the same spot!!!!! I hate myself!!! I can't believe that I gave myself ghsv1!!!!
I still have not recieved the results yet! I'm freaking out!!!!!!!! I just need to know!!!
Oh and Amy, you said that you once had a cut like that, did is look almost like a dimple and was really really small... And was almost like ontop of one of your natural "bumps" on the inside of the labia minora?? If you can remember how long did it last!??? Because mine is still there!!! Plus the spot where my bartholin gland is slightly hurts, idk if there are lymph nodes there... It maybe my gland is irritated from my period...
Oh plus it still doesn't hurt to wipe at all! Nor does it hurt to pee, I just know it's there because I get out a mirror and look at it hoping that it will disappear already!!
Oh when the bump popped was there an awful smell to it??
Did you get your results in?
I'm convinced my "cut" really is a herpes legion... It's been there for 5 days now and still sensitive to touch... It's nothing else. The yeast and bacteria is all good, but yet this cut is still there and not healing. I'm extremely depressed you have no idea!
Oh wait actually you maybe the only one who knows how I feel... I am still hoping for the best for you!! I hope that we both don't have it!!
Hey, I've been thinking about you, I hope that you are getting better!! Did you get your results??
Hi!!  I'm so so sorry for such a delayed response!  I wound up getting extremely sick on the night of the 15th and went to the ER.  Apparently it was MRSA!  You turned out to be right -- they were blisters and abscesses (filled with MRSA).  It turned out to be a very bad infection because it had been growing for so long, and I was kept in the hospital for 8 days and hooked up to a million IVs.  I have never been as sick as I was then.  It was actually very scary at times.  After finally getting out, after a couple of days, I then got a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotics, which landed me back in the hospital.  I'm finally out, and staying at my parents' house until I'm more fully recovered (I'm still somewhat nauseous, and I still have an itchy/painful rash all over my body from the antibiotics reaction.  And I'm still healing from where they had to lance the blisters and abscess off).  I am just so thankful, though, to finally know what it was and to be on the road to recovery.  Although I'm very weak and just overall still not feeling like myself, I am much, MUCH better than I was.

Anyway, this is the first chance I've had to get to a computer, and my first thing to do was to post here!  I have been thinking of you.  Did you find out what it was?  I really hope that you found out that it was nothing, and that you are doing okay.  Please let me know!!

Hope you're well!!

Hope you're well!!
I commented on your herpes forum post lol!!
But I am soooo happy that you found out it was not herpes!!!! Atleast now you are recovering and will be well soon!!!
Yes I got my results back it was negative!!! Yey!!!!
Altho it's still there, it doesn't Hurt or anything!!

I'm still having girly problems! I'm on more antibiotics, hopefully this time I will be normal!! My skin on the outside of the vagina is still all red itchy and irritated and so far baking soda is the only thing that is really soothing! My OBGYN said that the itching is from the BV leaking out on to my skin, so hopefully when I'm done with the antibiotics I will be normal again!!
I was pretty worried about you when I hadn't heard anything, I'm so happy that you found out what it is and are recovering!!!!
Yaaayyyy!!!!  So happy that it came out negative!!!  I'm really so happy for you :))).  Maybe it's just irritated as a result of all of the other probs (bv, yeast, etc)?

I'm so sorry I worried you by not posting -- I was so out of it for days, and didn't have a computer or anything with me, and didn't even have my charger for my phone.  I just went to the ER in a hurry and didn't bring anything with me.  I am just so happy to hear that you are okay too!!  YAY that neither of us has herpes!!!!  Yay yay YAYYYYY!!!!

Btw, I also got a yeast infection in the midst of all of this too.  I'm on Diflucan right now, so hopefully that will help.  But if that's the worst thing to happen from all of this, I'd be thrilled!!
Me too!! Yes my OBGYN thinks that it's just from all my vaginal problems, my skin is so frail.
Well I'm just happy that you are ok! And I'm happy that it turned out NOT to be herpes!!!!
So how in the world did you get MRSA?? Was it from your encounter with that guy? Or did they tell you how you can get it?

Yeah yeast infections sux but they are just annoying more than anything!
I'm still on antibiotics for BV, the discharge is alot better now and it's only day 3 on the pills! But this itchiness on my skin is still there, and I'm all red!! Ugh... It's an on going thing for me, i can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet...
That's what it sounds like -- your skin there has probably just been through a lot!  I'm so happy that that is all that it is!!!

Thank you, I'm happy that I'm okay too!  And that neither of us has herpes!!!  You're the only person who really knows how scary that was to go through!!!

They have no idea how I got MRSA!  So weird.  And ironic because I'm pretty anal about always using antibacterial hand gel and stuff.  The dr said that it probably had nothing to do with the guy.  His best guess was from the gym, if you could believe it!  Apparently it is not that uncommon to pick up from using a machine at the gym, and the most common areas to get it are the groin, armpits, and nose.  Now I'm scared to ever to go the gym again!

I know how annoying it is to have recurring BV and yeast infections -- I've been there!  But at least you can breathe a little easier now that you know it's not anything more serious.  I also have a yeast infection now, and the Diflucan doesn't seem to be working.  I think I'm going to have to go back to the OBGYN to make sure that it isn't BV.  But I don't even care; at least it's not herpes!!!
Btw, I told one of my friends that I had originally thought that the MRSA was herpes, and that I was so scared for weeks that that was what it was.  And then she confessed to me that she has HSV2!  I couldn't believe it, I think she's only slept with 2 people in her life.  Apparently, her ex-boyfriend got tested before they had sex, but the typical STD panel test doesn't include herpes (and my friend wasn't aware of that).  So, about 2 weeks after they had sex for the first time, my friend suddenly saw small bumps appear.  She went to the OBGYN and found out that she had herpes.  She asked her ex-boyfriend if he ever had an outbreak, and he denied ever having one.  She still doesn't know if that's true, but either way, she said that she would give anything if she could have known that HSV isn't included in STD tests unless you ask for it.  I feel so bad for her, she tried to be careful -- asking him to get tested before and even looking at the test results printout herself -- but she didn't know that it doesn't test for HSV.  And now she's stuck with it for life.
i know!!!! we both have been through physical and emotional stress!!! its just such a relief that its not herpes!!!

wow thats crazy!!! i didnt know that you can get it from the gym!! now im bringing clorox wipes with me when i go to the gym!!

yup the yeast came back! since im on antibiotics for BV!! ugh, it feels like its never ending!!!!! but the dilfucan didnt work for me either!! it looked like i was working but after the 7th day it got worse! i dont like that pill!!! its better just to use the vagina inserts!! right now im using some tea tree oil suppositories i found at a health food store. it helps.

wow!! see its crazy how many people have herpes!! people just dont talk about it!!! i swear herpes testing should really be apart of the regular STD testing!!!!!! and you never hear about the risk of HSV1 being transmitted though oral sex!!!! people should really be informed about these things! before its too late you know?
Hi!  How are you?  How is the yeast?  And BV?  Hopefully they are both doing better, and that you are feeling less stressed about it all.

Unfortunately, my weekend was not great.  I noticed on Saturday that the infection looked like it had returned.  I was SO upset.  This thing is never ending!!  The doctor put me back on a different antibiotic, but then I had a reaction to that one also -- extreme nausea -- and threw it up.  So she tried to switch me to a different antibiotic, but my insurance doesn't cover that one, and it was over $2,000!!!  So now I have to try to force down the antibiotic that made me nauseous, and just pray that I don't throw it up again.  I'm going to take the dose in an hour, and I'm scared!  The medication is most effective on an empty stomach, but I'm going to try to take it with a little food because it may help with the nausea.  I hope it works!!!  I need to take some antibiotic for at least 10 days to get rid of this infection once and for all.  I hate that my body keeps getting allergic reactions to all of them!!!!  I am SO frustrated and upset with all of this.  I just want to be healthy and move past this already :(((.

YES, it is very prevalent in gyms!!!  The doctor I saw today said that she has been seeing a LOT of MRSA lately.  It is easy to get in gyms, but also even just out and about -- like on public transportation, from a chair in a restaurant, from sitting somewhere in the mall.  Just anywhere where there are a lot of people touching the same thing.  She said that it is a very good idea to use Clorox or Lysol wipes to wipe down every machine in the gym, etc before using it.  And to carry the wipes around with you to other places as well.  Also, try to use those antibacterial gels (like Purell) after touching things like door knobs that other people have touched, and especially before touching your mouth, eyes, nose, etc.  It is very scary how easy it is to get it!  I am going to be SO anal from now on!!!

I know, you're so right how crazy it is that people are just not informed about herpes until it's too late.  It's horrible.  Honestly, I really didn't know much about it before I thought I had it.  And it could have very easily been too late for me too!  I had NO idea that you could get HSV1 through oral sex -- you are so right that no one ever talks about that!  And I didn't even know that you could get it from someone who isn't having an outbreak, and even if you haven't actually had sex with the person!  Now I feel so dumb for not knowing, but I'm realizing that many, many people are just not informed!  It's also horrible that herpes is not a part of regular STD testing.  I wish we could do something about this to inform people!!!
Btw, do you know anything about the HPV vaccine?  After the herpes scare, I'm totally freaked out about STDs.  After I'm better from this MRSA infection, I think I'm going to look into it...
Well I'm not doing so well, I've been using this over the counter anti yeast stuff and I think that it is making things worst because the front part of my small vaginal lips where it meets the clitoris is all red irritated and hurts quite a bit!! I dont see a cut but it's kind of swollen! So I'm going to stop using it!! Ugh I keel thinking that I'm feeling better then the next day I feel worse!!! And tomorrow is my last day of antibiotics!!
Well there are days when I dont stress about my problems but then when I feel it coming back I start to stress out and think the worse! But I've been getting better about not stressing so much.

Oh no!! The MRSA came back?!?! Oh that's horrible! Yeah eat a little bit of food, it always helps with nausea with me! I'm taking some diff antibiotics it's not flaqyl, the flaqyl gave me stomache aches! But these antibiotics I'm taking is not too bad.
I know how you feel! I want to get better too!! I want to feel 100% better and stay that way!!
Yeah people should be more informed about herpes!!! Honestly they need to make it a part of the STD testing!!! People need to know if they have it or not so that the cycle of passing herpes on accident will end, or atleast be less!!
Yeah i never even thought about hsv1 being passed genitally! I didn't know it was possible until I started researching!! It freaked me out!

But now we are both informed of the risks! And we can make smart decisions to lower our risk of contracting herpes! I'm almost to the point where I just want to marry my bf and never sleep with another man in my life, I know he's clean and I'm clean and I want it to stay that way! I would be afraid of sleeping with anyone if we broke up.
Yeah I heard about the vaccine! It's suppose to help with the HPV that causes cancer. From what I saw though it's like a couple hundred to get the vaccine.
Oh no, I can't believe you're still dealing with this!  I'm so sorry that it's hurting and is red/swollen again.  Do you think it would be worth it to get a second opinion and see another OBGYN?  Or maybe a dermatologist?

I know what you mean about some days being better than others...I'm trying to force myself not to stress so much too.

YES, the MRSA came back.  I couldn't believe it either.  The dr said that it probably never fully went away because I stopped the antibiotics prematurely.  These antibiotics are supposed to be taken on a completely empty stomach for the best absorption, but the dr said I could take it with a bit of food in order to keep it down.  I did that last night and this morning, and I was nauseous, but I kept it down!!!  No throwing up!!  Yayyy!!!  I've never been so happy not to throw up in my life!

Which antibiotic did you switch from the flagyl to?  The flagyl also gave me stomachaches, but I just forced myself to deal with it.  But if there's an alternative, I'd rather take that next time.

I know, I agree that people really need to be made more informed about herpes.  I'm just thankful that you and I became educated about it before it was too late for us!  I also am petrified of sleeping with anyone now!  Even if someone gets tested, I'd want to wait 6 months before anyone doing anything, and then get tested again before doing anything.  And even then I'd be scared!  I'm so paranoid now, I'll never have a relationship!

I called my OBGYN's office -- the HPV vaccine is usually covered for people under 26 years old.  After that it is $200 for each vaccine, and there are 3 in the series.

yeah i know i just want to feel normal again!! i washed with baking soda and water, that seemed to help alot, i feel better than i did yesterday but im afraid of it getting worse! i stopped using the OTC yeast infection treatment because i think thats why i started swelling and burning, i think im allergic to it or something, or my skin is just so sensitive from all the infections that it cant handle anything too strong!

the antibiotics im on is called clindamycin, i dont feel sick with it, and best of all i dont have that gross metallic taste in my mouth!!!

oh i know!!!!! im so happy that we both are now well informed about herpes before it was too late!!!!! im never going to sleep with just anyone either!!! like before i was pretty cautious but i never really thought that people can have NO symptoms and have herpes!! now for sure if things dont work out with my bf (which i hope and wish things do work out) then  im doing to do the same thing! im going to make them get a blood test and then again in 6 months as well!! besides people probably should start having sex right away anyway! me and my bf waited 4 months before having sex.

oh i didnt know it was overed for people under 26!
Oh good, I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better.  The OTC yeast infection treatment always makes my skin burn -- I'm sure if your skin is as raw as it is, it will be even more irritating.  Diflucan usually works for me.  Sometimes my dr gives me 3 pills, and I take one every other day.  By the end of the week, I'm usually fine.  If you want, you can ask your obgyn about that.

Good to know about clindamycin -- I'll look into it!

I also have been cautious in the past, but I also never knew that someone could have something with no visible symptoms!  I have never had sex with anyone sooner than 4 - 5 months, and I've also asked someone to get tested first, but at the same time, I never knew that the test needed at least 3 months to be accurate.  And I've also fooled around (but not sex) without getting tested.  Well, I will NEVER do that again!!!  Now I'm going to be the most paranoid person EVER!!!  I wish I could get someone to get tested before even kissing him!!  That might be a little weird to ask, though, on like a second date or something, lol.

Yeah, the HPV vaccine is covered for girls younger than 26.  At least in NY.  I'm not sure if it's different in every state, or if that's how it is everywhere.

Grace just told me to that people with MRSA infections should take a bath with bleach in it!  I am willing to try anything at this point.  So I'm off to take a bleach bath now :-/...
Yes I'm happy about it too! Today I notice a little itch here and a like pinprick there but it's nothing compared to what I've been through! I'm still a little red and swollen! I'm wondering if I may have a little eczema on the outside of my vagina! Cuz I've been looking into that and the symptoms sound similar! But I would have to get a biopsy in order to be diagnosed right, I'm not sure if im up for a biopsy!! Altho if I start feeling bad again I'll b up for anything!!
Well I tried diflucan and it never worked! I was still itchy and my face got an itchy rash. So I'm hoping to stay away from diflucan!

Oh I know!!!! It's scarry!!!! Im happy that right now I'm in a good relationship!! I'm hoping that in couple of years it will be taken to the next step :) and he was so sweet about everything!!!! He never once accused me of cheating or anything!!!
Oh I know I'll never mess around with a guy unless I see his test results!!!! I've done that before and never will after having this scare!
Hahahaha, were you neg for hsv1? That's cold sores!

Humm I'll look into it! OH my pap smear was normal!!!! Yey!!!! No HPV!!! Yey!!!!

OMG OUCH! That sounds scarry!! Good luck!!    
Hey...just wanted to check in with you.  How are you feeling with everything???  i hope you've been better!!!
HEY! well my period has been irregular, 10 days late, but it finally came! im not too itchy anymore i think the yeast and bv is finally gone!!! but im still irritated on one side, its like one side of my clitoris hurts, but nothing is there!!!! oh but i did find like white bumps a while back i freaked out ran to urgent care that dr said it was folliclitis, but i declined antiboitics because i didnt want the yeast to come back, but well its been a while that those bumps are still there, im wondering if thats why im irritated or if its something else, because it doesnt really hurt there, it like hurts and is irritated all over inbetween cliotis and outer vagina lips. im so fed up with all these problems! im visiting my bf in jan and i would like to be 100% by then!!!!!!! ive been using witch hazel on the area, it seems to help, but it also feels like pressure right there, like i have a lump but there is no lump or anything, everything looks relatively normal! ugh
How are you feeling?
Sorry for such a delay, I haven't signed in for forever.  I just did now because I was thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.  Thank goodness I'm doing soooo much better.  Still battling recurring yeast infections, but nothing is seriously wrong.  Thank you so much for asking :).  How are you doing?!??
Did you guys ever find out what it was!? :/
You guys ever find out what it was?! I'm going exactly through that sane thing ;(
Im Actually going through this right now, I don't know what to do either.. Like it seems every night or something its always itchy , plus , when I use then washroom it burns really bad! im scared and plus don't want to go to hospital....  Last night I thought id just check it out and soo I did, and everything you just said I had !! but like it was weird though , cause it felt raw and it hurt bad really bad. !! Im completely terrified ..
I don't normally wear underwear , And I do wash my gentials area all the time with soap, but its really perfuming ... soo I was maybe thinking maybe this could cause this!! - but im not sure, I do shave quite frequent down there ... , But also when I checked the spot white stuff came out of it quickly and it was like almost a burning sensation when I would walk ...
and also this has been going on for like 3 years now and I have been checked for STD's year and half ago back ..and nothing has came back !! ..

I honestly Just want to crawl up in blanket and yell for dear life..
Ive been with my boyfriend now for 2 And a half years .. and I have not notice anything on his Penis or near his ball's ... I have not notice anything different on his penis neither ... HELP PLZZ !
I am going through the exact same thing! I went to the Dr yesterday and got a prescription for BV after the swab test came back negative for yeast. She said it would clear up in a couple of days and not to worry no STD or anything serious. Just seriously horrible symptoms. She also told me to start using Rephresh which is over the counter to help prevent this from happening in the future.