Itchy white spot - vulva

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Itchy white spot - vulva

I have this white spot - it is not raised or anything inside vulva (vaginal lip area).  It tends to get itchy right before my period.  I have had it for awhile and doctor took two second look at it and said it was fine but I wonder what it is.  I was given steroid cream for it - doesn't seem like that will help it heal?

Any thoughts.  Again, flat white patch, small, no broken skin, not raised.

Thanks.
Avatar n tn
some times people get psoriosis (psoriasis) in the vaginal area just my thought what it may be.
Avatar n tn
You should find a different doctor (preferably an gynecologist)and ask them about this. You may want to have it biopsied. I don't want to freak you out because it really is probably nothing to worry about but it also could be vulvar cancer. I did a report about this for school once and I learned that although it is very treatable if you find it early on, many women are not diagnosed early because they ask their doctors and they are told it is nothing.  Now I am not a medical professional or anything but I think it is always better to be safe than sorry. good luck!!
Avatar n tn
Maybe check out lichen sceloris or lichen planus. These are associated with white spots or patches. They can itch too.
hansen20 commented on Saw the babies again ...
AppleBr commented on 10356's status
KTowne Hellllo 17 weeks! :) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals