Juice fasting?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Juice fasting?

Has anybody done a juice fast? How long did you do it for? What was your experiance with it? My husband and I are looking into doing it. But I wanted to hear others experiaces with this.
Avatar n tn
Juice fasting??....For cleansing purposes?
My husband and I tried it....Bought an expensive juicer....and was stoked to start...but
It never was like the juice at the juice bars....ours was really gritty and puree...not
at all what I thought it would be like.
So we didn't persue.
If you do try it and find one the works great...let me know!
jacksynn-

Yes, for cleansing. I have been reading about it and it talks a lot about flushing out all the toxins and everything. It's really interesting. We bought a juicer a few years ago and love to use it. And it's a great way to sneak some veggies to your kids too!. LOL
I think we might start to do this tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes if we do it.

For everybody else, I would love to hear your experiances with this!
Here was my experience:

6pm:  Buy $200 juicer and book on juicing.
7pm:  Buy $200 bucks worth of vegetable.
9pm-6am:  Spend all night tossing and turning in anticipation of juicing tomorrow!  Can't wait to be all healthy!  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7am:  Cram half the veggies into juicer and watch $100 worth turn into 4 ounces of juice.
7:15am:  Gag down the juice
7:30-9am: Clean juicer of an unbelievable amount of pulp.  Curse under breath.
12noon:  Eat an entire Little Cesaers Pizza and guzzle 2 liters of Diet Coke.
2pm:  Decide to give up juicing.  Pick up steaks to grill out for dinner.

This was quite a while ago, and now the only juicing I do is to buy the already juiced and fermented grapes that come in the special box in the liquor section of the grocery store.  Everyone is happier that way.  
omg...that was way funny!!
LOL! to Peeks comment!!!

I think the problem with those juicers is they say you can put the whole fruit/veggie in but if you do that it just tastes plan aweful!  Not many people eat  the rind of an orange so it makes sense that if the whole orange goes in the juicer that the juice will taste bitter.  Rather than a juice fast, have you thought about consuming fresh fruit/veggies instead?  It would taste a lot better and will have a similar effect to fasting on juice.
Avatar n tn
I was so excited to use mine too!
Had a similar experience...LMAO
Not as yummy as the juice bars at the mall
Avatar n tn
I knew there was a reason I came back on here--

you want cleansing?? dulcolax baby!!!!

wanna eat healthy?? stop your visits to pizza hut and mc donald's....

no need for juice fasting....our bodies are made to put food in them.....not junk food, healthy food......if you start now, in a couple of weeks your system will be 'cleansed' and you'll feel 100 times better. Get out of that couch and walk every day for 1/2 hr with your doggie.......

Instead of fainting after a whole week without proper food in your system, start now, and you'll feel much better maybe in twice the time, but sure as hell you won't feel like you have worms eating your insides of hunger....

;)

Girl
I'm actually thinking about getting the Nutribullet to avoid all that pulp from a normal juicer going to waste. You put the edible pieces of fruit, veg, nuts, and seeds in and it pulverizes it to a smoothie consistency. I normally only do a 10 day fast then start with small easy to digest meals after.
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals