Just Make It Stop!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Just Make It Stop!!!

I have been having multiple problems with my period ever since high school. I started rather late, then it wouldn't stop. So I went to my doctor, they gave me birth control. About two weeks after that I was in the hospital for 6 days bc I had blood clotts in my lungs from the birth control. After that, the doctors have been trying to help me control this problem with out using hormones. then it finally stopped....for too long, then I started going to the doctors for that. they gave me pills to get my period. Then later It wouldn't stop again. I got tested for cancer and everything. the doctor wanted me to try something called "mirana" but my insurance wouldn't cover it. So they gave me the DEPO shot. I was so happy to not be on my period. then in a month I got it again. I though I was supposed to get periods regularly now so I thought it was normal. I was getting really bad cramps and wanted too throw up. I have been on it for almost four weeks now and it's really heavy. I have another appointment with my doctor next week and they are going to give me another Depo shot a month earlier than expected. then they will go from there. This is really annoying and I'm running out of money and sick of going to the doctors!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!!!!!