Just found out I'm Pregnant and I'm unsure who the father is?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Just found out I'm Pregnant and I'm unsure who the father is?

I took two at home pregnancy tests today and both came back positive. I immediately went to a walk in clinic to get a professional test. It also came back positive but the doctor said the line was faint and only way to know 100% is a blood test, so I'm going in tomorrow morning.

I had my last period around October 20th and ended around October  25th. I'm not on birth control so my period varies on dates sometimes. I thought I would get my next period last week November 17th 18th ish but didnt. On that Thursday that I figured I would get my period my boobs got extremely sore and I started cramping, also had minor headaches and nausea. This is when I knew something wasn't right and took the pregnancy tests.

I was sexually active with my ex boyfriend Friday November 4th so about 2 half weeks ago, we used a condom but he did *** inside me with it on. The following day me and this other guy I've hooked up with in the past randomly hooked up again. We had sex with a condom first but no ***, but later we fooled around and didn't have one and had sex briefly but then stopped cause he got a cut somehow on his penis and there was blood everywhere which did get inside me a bit. We were under the influence so the whole situation is a bit of a blur. I'm just wanting some opinions on who's you think it could be???

I'll know more once I get my blood test and they tell me how far along I am, cause if its over two weeks there's a good chance its my ex's for we got together one time in October to and didn't use a condom and he did *** but pulled out. I got my period after that time but I know its possible to get it if you are pregnant. But if it is just recent and I'm only 2 weeks or so in I really have no idea who's it could be! The condom could have possibly broke and we didn't realize with my ex? OR the pre-*** from the other guy could of done it. If you guys have any information that could be helpful I would much appreciate it.

THANKS <3
There is no way to tell exactly when a women conceives. Sperm can live inside for around 5 days (7 in some cases) and you don't become pregnant right away after having sex. This is why doctors use your last months period to give an estimated due date, then as the pregnancy continues they measure baby etc and give you a due date from that.

All the dates are FAR too close together to be able to guess who the father is. It doesn't matter whether the male ejaculated in you or not - you can still become pregnant from pre-ejaculation which is released when the male is aroused.

Honestly the only way to know for sure it to get a DNA test after the baby is born. Guessing and estimating dates just isn't accurate enough and dates can be wrong, especially in early pregnancy.
The doctor will be able to tell you the exact day you concived soo think hard about who yu where with that night ! Gudluck hun

im gonna guess its the guys that you did not use protection with while fooling around... did his penis ever touch your vagina without a condom?  
you will for sure need to get a paternity test to be sure tho.....

also make sure that you get a full std check especially after getting his blood in you...

is he circumcised? cause a few years ago i was with a guy who wasnt and his foreskin got torn when we were having sex... what a mess that was and looked very painful....
No he wasn't circumcised and that's exactly what happened it was defiantly a mess! I have been checked for all the diseases, I have slept with him before this time as well.

I recently told him that I was late for my period and was worried, so we went over the night together and we both agreed he never cummed when we had sex with the condom and when we fooled around in the washroom we both remember briefly having sex and then the blood thing happened so stopped and that was that.

He was legitimately concerned an I told him I was gonna go to clinic and everything and get back to him. I did already know I was pregnant but didn't wanna say yet.

I told my ex today that I am pregnant, he knows I slept with the other guy the day after. He was calm but right away said it wasn't his. Hes supported but he doesn't see how it could be his when used a condom, but he was the only one that actually cummed in me (even though wearing a condom)

It just all so confusing I wish there was a better way to tell! I got my blood test today so I'm just playing the waiting game for results and hopefully my doctor can help me figure it out.
Obviously condoms are effective, but they can still fail. Obviously pre-ejaculation can cause pregnancy as well, so without the male even ejaculating you could still become pregnant. Obviously chances are higher that it's going to be the one that you didn't use any protection with, but you never know!

I'm glad you have told your boyfriend. It's important you were/are honest with these two men and keeping them involved on the situation. That's definitely the right thing to do. I would still obviously get a DNA test when baby is born just to be sure. You can do a test around 13 weeks, but it is very risky for the baby and many doctors won't perform it because if this.