Just started on Wellbutrin/Questions about SEs
Hi all,

Today is day 2 on Wellbutrin XL 150mg generic. First, I will list all the side effects I am noticing. None of which my dr mentioned, other than to take it in the morning: On my first day on Wellbutrin, I noticed an increase in energy and excessive yawning. Woke up today (day 2) with a piercing headache and the muscles in my legs are sore like I ran a marathon, my abdominal muscles ache like I did a ton of sit ups, and a couple hours ago I noticed lower back soreness. I'm also only able to stay asleep about 2 hours at a time (but I know this will adjust/get better the longer I stay on the medication). Probably why I felt incredibly fatigued in the afternoon and ended up napping for 2 hours. Finally, noticed since last night that I am having weird spotting/bleeding. I'm not due for my period for a couple weeks. One good thing I noticed is that my sex drive is back (zoloft had killed my libido).

So my question is for those that have experienced any of these side effects, did they go away for you over time? I know the headache can be caused by the dehydration from the medication so I will make an effort to increase my water intake. I read that muscle aches/pain are a severe side effect. However, I really want to give this medication a try to help my depression/ADD, so I'm hoping the pains will go away soon. Please let me know if I am wrong! Also, the spotting is a tad worrisome. I am on birth control, not sure if that makes a difference. Let me know if you have any questions! I look forward to hearing from you :)

Joanne
Hi Joanne!

While increased energy, headache and headache could be likely side effects of wellbutrin, muscle ache, backache, abdominal ache and menstrual irregularities are unlikely to be related.  The side effects may or may not settle with time. If severe or unbearable you may consider a review with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!