Women's Health Community
Keloids from perineal tearing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Keloids from perineal tearing

Occassionally, I develop a few perineal tears, cause unknown, and they have never really bothered me until recently. My current partner has a large penis and  sex  initially caused some pain and irritation to the tears, as well as minor bleeding. I'm sure all this slowed the healing process, but once I became accustomed to his size, there was no more pain. This is the first time sex has caused irritation of the tears, which is also why I believe it was due to his size.

Recently, I have developed skin-colored growths over the exact areas where the perineal tears were located. I was concerned about it being genital warts, but I feel this is unlikely, yet not impossible. They have been there for about a month now, have not changed, and do not itch. Because the growths are only on the areas where the tears were, could it be that I have developed keloids from the perineal tears? Is this possible? Can it be taken care of? I have developed keloids in the past, on my ears, and as a result of an acne scar.