Kid

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Kid

This might totally NOT belong in this forum but here goes.
If I get up early in the morning and get my son up (hes 4)and we leave to go anywhere 9 times out of ten he gets sick in the car on the way to wherever we go. He only does this early in the morning and only in the car when its moving. He vomits and its always clear like water. I am going to take him to the Dr for this next week. And I know its gotta be car sickness/motion sickness. I just dont understand why its only in the morning.
My sister's daughter (age 6) has to wear sunglasses in the car.  If the sun hits her face(eyes) while in motion she throws up.  Doesn't bother her to be outside playing in the sun, though.  Only if in the car.  Weird, huh?  If she wears her sunglasses, she never complains of feeling sick and never throws up.  But, this is at all times of the day.  Could it be drainage in his throat from laying down all night combined with the motion of the car?  I know I have a lot of drainage in the mornings and the longer I am up and about the better it gets.  Just thought I would throw that out there.  Hope you figure it out soon.
DO you give him something to eat just before you put him in the car??
Avatar n tn
I also wondered if he had eaten and it was still watery even with food on his stomach? It does sound like motion sickness, but I'm NO doctor. Some people are so prone to it while others aren't. I have one child that always feels ill in the car but rarely vomits. The doc may suggest Dramamine which is over the counter and safe for children. And I beleive they are now making it in a non-drowsey dose.
Hope he is feeling better soon.
--J
Avatar n tn
That IS really wierd. How long after he wakes up does it happen?
I dont know what to tell you,hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it. I know it must be very frustrating for you and him.
Avatar n tn
I don't know. that is odd. kids are odd period tough. My youngest daughter can't take a shower till night. she gets sick and will pass out, Weird huh?
Try this for weird.  My youngest son loves tomatoes.  Goes to the garden and picks them off the vine, wipes them on his shirt, and eats them like apples in the summer time.  Begs for them in grocery store(even those gross hard things you buy at grocery store!)  But, can't eat tomato soup because after about 4 or 5 bites, he starts throwing up.  He loves tomato soup too.  But, never in his life has he been able to get a whole bowl down.  It doesn't have any veggies or anything in it, just plain tomato soup!  Strangely enough, he can eat  veggie, beef, or chicken soup.  Explain that one.  Strange child.
Avatar n tn
My son had motion sickness, we couldn't go anywhere without a "barf Bag".  He threw up everyday on the school bus (I know the bus driver loved us!) until this year. He is 10 now, and just occasionaly throws up now. Maybe they outgrow it...but on ong trips we still take the "barf bag". Good luck. I did hear dramamine does help.:)
Avatar n tn
Yes i do feed him before we leave, but usually its just cereal. This morning however i just gave him a  piece of toast, and he was fine in the car. Maybe its like morning sickness, lol and he needs something dry to eat when he gets up. ty all
Shannon79 commented on photo
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals