LARGE MONS PUBIS
HELP. i've a large pubic bone and fat mons pubis. if i wear bicycle pants or something a bit tight it doesnt look like a regular mound.it looks like i have b*lls. i think its because my pubic bone is high. and my mons is really plump and fat, not like a usual mound. others often make fun of me, they say i’m actually a man, that i’m not normal, that i’m disgusting, etc. and when i walk in a bikini or swimsuit in the beach or the swimming pool, i can feel people staring DOWN,once, there was even a group of girls and some boys actually giggling about it. its really uncomfortable. it looks really round, fat and it protrudes outwards. and i’m not overweight AT ALL, but that section is damn fat.i’m 18 and im not sexually active, im embarassed. what do you think should be done? surgery’s my last option..
Hi, can i just say that i am exactly the same! its took over my life! every where you walk, the way you sit , just your whole day is spent thinking about it. i know! ive read people commenting on this and saying we are being silly but i dont think they understand where we are coming from! sometimes i wear two pairs of knickers to try and hold myself in that bit more! i dont wear sexy underwear cause i cant and i cant wear certain things or do certain things because of it. i actually plucked up the courage and went to see a medical group after 15 years of torment. but unfortunatly because i had a caesarean section when i had my son, the bottom of my belly is droopy! im not overweight either, but they break the muscle tissue and unless you have a tummy tuck you ve no chance! anyway after pouring my heart out to a nurse a surgeon took a look and said that it wasnt possible because of my tummy. i was absolutly gutted. and it didnt help the fact that the surgeon was a foreign lady who showed no empathy at all and actually made me feel like ****. the nurses where great though. i burst out crying and now one month on have resorted to scouring the net again. i wish i had had the courage to do it years ago because it would have been possible before my son .if i could afford both procedures now i would. fact is i couldnt even afford the first one but as hoping to get some kind of financial help. Anyway, like i say i dont even have to write half the things on here because If we are both the same i know exactly where your coming from and how it controls your life. i think some people think its just a little bump when its atually a big fatty bulge you can grab hold of and wobble!anyway not much help but im sure that you ll be glad you are not alone at all ! x best wishes x
Ahhhh! I'm only 17 and im trying to find out answers.  after my 18th birthday i want to go get surgery done because of it . I want to be able to walk around in cute little bikinis like all the other girls. But I can't :(
yeah youre right people don't understand lol. it's embarassing.  nothing seems to look right. It *****! I want to be able to just walk around in my underwear if i wanted to and not be so self conscious. Urghh. It's terrrible. I've beeen reading through alot of stuff and no one seems to know any answers. I dont want this anymore!!!!!
Like all the women on this site having this protuding bone controls my life.  I just don't want to feel self-conscious about it and I hate the fact it  has an effect on my sex life.

Has anyone found out what sort of surgery is out there? I live in London and would really appreciate a link to a surgeon.
Does Anyone here actually know a solution to this problem?

Im 17 and It's really great to know I'm not alone going thru it..but it still kinda doesn't solve anything.

I've been on other disscussion boards like this and wev defined our probelm..We all have a visible Popping-out mons pubis due to a prominent pubic bone or a big layer of fat tissues or a combination of both.

but there r Still unanswered Questions:

1) Is it a good thing or a bad thing?  ( with the responses of the guys in here r they an exception or is this the majority's view? - think Big boobs...theyre a good thing..majority rules)

2) Does it get bigger as I get older?

3) How can i fix it?

4) and I heard about the lypo solution BUT I would STILL have a problem bec other than the fat tissues my Pubic Bone IS half the problem..as its prominent and looks like a hump when lying straight on my back.. So Is there a surgery for that?

I've been researching this and I heard there is the lypo solution but without having a solution for the pubic bone then its useless because these fat tissues are there to PROTECT the bone during sex

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/index.cfm?event=SubcategoryView&CategoryID=49&SubcategoryID=146
I have the same problem, and I hate it too...I always buy bathing suits that have the little skirt on them, which helps a little, but if i sit wrong or it comes up when out of the water, it's no help at all, but it does distract a little. It just ***** that I have to worry about it the whole time and not really be able to just relaxe and be confident and have fun with every one else.
I've just discovered the solution to our problem. The problem is called large mons pubis and the solution is liposuction. It's a small procedure that takes 30 minutes and can be done under local anesthesia. Recovery takes about 1 to 2 days. It costs $3,000 to $4,000. I'm already saving money to go get it done. It will change my life completely. I hope I helped those who share the same problem.
I am so glad i found this discussion forum as i have been strugling with the same issue and thought i was alone. Its not something you can talk to just anyone about. Please keep us posted on the liposuction or any other solution.
omg... i have been struggling with the same problem for as long as i can remember!! i always thought i was the only one 'different' out there.  i have 4 younger sisters who are all 'normal' .  i couldnt wear bathing suits, or cute tight jeans or anything tight for that matter!! i have always dreamed of having a surgery to fix it.  it is a huge deal to me and other women who have the issue.  i am currently single now.  i was married to the same man since i was a teenager, he loved me for me. but now that im back in the dating scene i feel so ashamed of my body and really scared to death to get too close to someone because i know that it may lead to  intimacy.  i am so relieved to know that there are other ppl strugglin too (u know what i mean). now i dont feel like such an outcast!! i am going to start searching for a surgeon now and hopefully by next spring i will have enough money saved up to enjoy my life!!!  yeah!!!!   thanks to all of u have posted a comment, you have given me hope!!!!!
yah!! ;););)
haha! reading sindaredevil_01's comment made me happppyyy
-btw. i have the same problem. im 19. 5 7 and 1/2 140lb. seems like its been like this about a year and a half now. ........i HATE IT.
since im about to go to college....there is no hope of me getting lypo. i have zilch money. out of the question for a while.
BUT id like to point out that not allllll guys are like that....sadly. with my last boy friend...it was just awkward, i never mentioned it to him that i was uncomfortable with mine being larger.....butttt i could tell he didnt like it....then when we broke up he chose to say the one comment that would have an effect on me. ive HATED HIM ever since.
he said "ill be seeing you fat kat" and i KNEW what he meant.
so you seeeee???? it is a problem.
no tight cute jeans.
no sexy panties.
no skimpy confident bikini
and WOSRT of all we ( all who are like this) are afraid of intimacy BECAUSE of this problem to which we arent at fault.........
like REALLY. during later part of foreplay.....there is no question that a guy wouldnt notice it being larger. some guy please respond to this....if you were having sex with your girl first time...and she had a large pons pubis...what would the typical guy think?
I'm 18 and have had this issue for as long as I can remember. I'm 5'3 130 lbs and my body is pretty normal. Nice butt. Nice rack. But this mons pubis thing us driving me insane. I didn't know it was weird until my boyfriend pointed it out. He says it looks "puffy" and it does! I didn't know I was different until that day. I had seen my friends before when were changing or at the beach and I thought everyones was just a little different but mine is FAT! I want to get rid of it so badly. I can't wear certin underwear cause it won't cover it. My lips are fine it's just the top part. I don't even want to have sex anymore. I feel gross. Lipo seems so drastic. I wish their was something else that could be done!
URGH i have this problem also! Im convinced that I have the worst case of it though because it didnt take my partner to make me notice it, I've been aware of it since i was really young, at around 9years old, and ever since it has affected my everyyyy day life. I thought it was because I've always been quite big, so thought that if I lost weight that I'd lose it from there too... Ive lost 3stone recently and because my stomach is now smaller, it now looks even worse because it didnt get any smaller and now when i wear trousers, i cant hide it with baggy ones because my stomach is no longer creating space with the trousers :( It affects everything I wear, the only way I can wear something thats slightly a bit tight is if I wear one of those horrendous body suit things that pull you in, but they are so uncomfortable and hot to wear.
I've been in touch with Harley Medical Group (uk) and they have rang me asking me to come in for a consultation but I'm actually too embarrassed to go in and let someone look at me, its hard enough talking about it let alone talking about it to someone who's just been looking up at me so closely! I know that one day there will come a point when it controls me too much and i will have to bite the bullet and go to a consultation and then get the surgery, when I do, I shall report back to you lot!
OMG... I can't believe so many other women have posted here who have this problem... I'm 28 and I've been aware of having a "large area" for just about 8 years... I just wasn't aware of it before for some reason... I seriously look so bad in pants, almost any pants. I wear loose, baggy low-slung pants to hide my area.  If I want to wear jeans with a tucked-in shirt forget it, I look like a man with a bulge and i HATE IT... :-(  I've looked into surgery but unfortunately I'm terrified of going under anesthesia and terrified of needles and IVs and all that stuff... Plus you can't have sex for like 6 months after the surgery.  I'm married so not sure how that would fly with my husband... speaking of whom, I've NEVER brought up this issue with him.  He tells me all the time how beautiful and perfect I am... but I ALWAYS hide my area.  Never wear sexy panties, always wear shorts over my bikini, always wear baggier pants... He has to notice I feel different than other girls he's been with in the past... :-( I wish my area was tiny and tight like those i see in magazines.  So unfair, why do I have to have this?? I just want to cry on someone's shoulder but I've never told a single soul about this problem.  I would LOVE to be able to walk around in just undies or even little boy-short bottoms, but I would look like a freak.  I just want to look normal.  I have a pretty flat chest, too, and I'd never, ever get breast implants.  So I'm not some freak who hates her entire body.  It's just this one stupid thing.  :-(    :-(   :-(
I was googling and it led me to this website. More so for other reasons.  Anywhooo....

For the longest time I've been ashamed of my large mons.  When I was in college a couple of girls at my dorm commented on how it juts out when I wear my yoga pants.  One told me if I had a penis....  I was so pissed that I pulled my pants down and showed her... Tampon string and all.  LOL....

Well, I eventually learned to love it and thankful I have it once I became became sexually active.  Think of it as a fluffy cushion.  Without it, you'll be bumping bone on bone (when I mean bone I mean pelvic bone).  

Also, it's true that guys don't care how it looks down there.  As long as it's clean and not smelly, then you're good to go.
I'm so happy they have this forum! I have the same problem, and there is only two results. You deal with it or get surgery.  You can find doctors in your local area to suck out the fat, I've looked but I know it will cost a lot of money.  But i've honestly been with three different guys, and none of them said anything to me about it being so huge.  My current boyfriend who i've been with for 2 1/2 years hasnt said anything to me either about it. I'm also afraid to ask him but the fact he loves doing it with me I guess it doesnt really bother him.  

If you cant do surgery you just have to deal with it. Accept the fact you dont think you're going to look as sexy as others in some cute underwear, and just rock it the best way you can.  If you want to wear bikinis just try to get something that kinda bunches in the front and nothing crazy tight to kind of hide it.  You have to work around it, but with a positive attitude.

I hope this helps some for everyone. So dont give up trying to feel good about yourself with this problem.
I have the same problem. I let it get to me. All of the people i've been intimate with, have had no problem with it. It is hard to wear bathing suits but i do realize there are guys out there with fetishes for it. Also if someone really cares for you they wont care. Why conform to what society thinks is right. That's just because that's all ppl know. We have to show off our curves even down there, then we wont be made fun of as much because everyone wont be hiding it and it wont be so rare. I'm proud of my mound. Id rather have that then my junk dangling out :P My boyfriend loves it, he calls it Lady pacman lol
Well I had suffered for the longest. And so I asked my mother *which was hereditary btw I found out*. She gave me the best advice ever. She told me to get one of those bikes that are in one position. (not those electric ones that you lay back) The old fashion ones are the ones that work. You sit up straight like you would, and just cycle on your free time, everyday. It has helped me decrease the size, and I sure hope it will help all you too!
I am 30 and have been self conscious of this since I was a little girl getting ready with my sister and cousins. At first I thought it would go away with puberty, then I became very overweight and thought it would go away when I lost the weight....Well I lost 80 lbs, the old fashioned way (including lots of exercise) and expected to have the flat front I always wanted, well, as I read above the weight loss almost made it worse because now my stomach is flat and I have a nice body so the bulge of fat stands out even more...I went to a reputable plastic surgeon and he told me that even if I do have lipo, which is what I went to him for, the skin might not tighten up since its been stretched  out for so long and I might have a flat front but sagging skin...Not sure what I should do.  I will say, however, that I have had wonderful men in my life and wonderful sex and it has never been an issue with men.  They have commented on it but they weren't criticizing me, it was just an observation like "oh, you have such long legs".  I have learned that the only one that has a problem with it is me.  Still, I wish there was a way to a) make it go away or b) make people aware that it exists, it is natural and it doesn't make you any less sexy or feminine!
i have this same problem and its got to the point where i think of nothing else. Im 26 and am to scared to get into a relationship with anyone as i am terrified of anyone seeing me naked. i have never told anyone about how i feel as i am to embarrassed, i wont even go for a smear test as i feel like a freak down below.
i always think about going to my doctor and telling them but i always back out and cant bring my self to talk about.
i have got to the point where i dont know what to do or who to turn to but i feel that its starting to ruin my life.
i lost 4 stone a few years ago and it went down slightly but it is still quite big and i am of average size.  i would love to have surgery but cant afford it at the moment. i know how everyone else feels and am glad there are people with the same issue as i thought i was the only one.
I am so glad to hear other people are sturggling with the same issues.  Sometimes I think it is just me.   This issue is something that I think about everyday. I am married and my husband has never commented on it.  I recently brought it up to him because I hate it so much. I did not want to mention it to him because maybe it is something he really didnt mind and by pointing it out he may notice it more.  Needless to say he thinks I am crazy...It is very obvious.  My pants all fit snug down there and I feel like  everyone notices.  I wish there was someone who had this procedure done and could comment on the results.