LARGE MONS PUBIS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

LARGE MONS PUBIS

HELP. i've a large pubic bone and fat mons pubis. if i wear bicycle pants or something a bit tight it doesnt look like a regular mound.it looks like i have b*lls. i think its because my pubic bone is high. and my mons is really plump and fat, not like a usual mound. others often make fun of me, they say i’m actually a man, that i’m not normal, that i’m disgusting, etc. and when i walk in a bikini or swimsuit in the beach or the swimming pool, i can feel people staring DOWN,once, there was even a group of girls and some boys actually giggling about it. its really uncomfortable. it looks really round, fat and it protrudes outwards. and i’m not overweight AT ALL, but that section is damn fat.i’m 18 and im not sexually active, im embarassed. what do you think should be done? surgery’s my last option..
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Hi, can i just say that i am exactly the same! its took over my life! every where you walk, the way you sit , just your whole day is spent thinking about it. i know! ive read people commenting on this and saying we are being silly but i dont think they understand where we are coming from! sometimes i wear two pairs of knickers to try and hold myself in that bit more! i dont wear sexy underwear cause i cant and i cant wear certain things or do certain things because of it. i actually plucked up the courage and went to see a medical group after 15 years of torment. but unfortunatly because i had a caesarean section when i had my son, the bottom of my belly is droopy! im not overweight either, but they break the muscle tissue and unless you have a tummy tuck you ve no chance! anyway after pouring my heart out to a nurse a surgeon took a look and said that it wasnt possible because of my tummy. i was absolutly gutted. and it didnt help the fact that the surgeon was a foreign lady who showed no empathy at all and actually made me feel like ****. the nurses where great though. i burst out crying and now one month on have resorted to scouring the net again. i wish i had had the courage to do it years ago because it would have been possible before my son .if i could afford both procedures now i would. fact is i couldnt even afford the first one but as hoping to get some kind of financial help. Anyway, like i say i dont even have to write half the things on here because If we are both the same i know exactly where your coming from and how it controls your life. i think some people think its just a little bump when its atually a big fatty bulge you can grab hold of and wobble!anyway not much help but im sure that you ll be glad you are not alone at all ! x best wishes x
Ahhhh! I'm only 17 and im trying to find out answers.  after my 18th birthday i want to go get surgery done because of it . I want to be able to walk around in cute little bikinis like all the other girls. But I can't :(
yeah youre right people don't understand lol. it's embarassing.  nothing seems to look right. It *****! I want to be able to just walk around in my underwear if i wanted to and not be so self conscious. Urghh. It's terrrible. I've beeen reading through alot of stuff and no one seems to know any answers. I dont want this anymore!!!!!
Like all the women on this site having this protuding bone controls my life.  I just don't want to feel self-conscious about it and I hate the fact it  has an effect on my sex life.

Has anyone found out what sort of surgery is out there? I live in London and would really appreciate a link to a surgeon.
Does Anyone here actually know a solution to this problem?

Im 17 and It's really great to know I'm not alone going thru it..but it still kinda doesn't solve anything.

I've been on other disscussion boards like this and wev defined our probelm..We all have a visible Popping-out mons pubis due to a prominent pubic bone or a big layer of fat tissues or a combination of both.

but there r Still unanswered Questions:

1) Is it a good thing or a bad thing?  ( with the responses of the guys in here r they an exception or is this the majority's view? - think Big boobs...theyre a good thing..majority rules)

2) Does it get bigger as I get older?

3) How can i fix it?

4) and I heard about the lypo solution BUT I would STILL have a problem bec other than the fat tissues my Pubic Bone IS half the problem..as its prominent and looks like a hump when lying straight on my back.. So Is there a surgery for that?

I've been researching this and I heard there is the lypo solution but without having a solution for the pubic bone then its useless because these fat tissues are there to PROTECT the bone during sex

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/index.cfm?event=SubcategoryView&CategoryID=49&SubcategoryID=146
I have the same problem, and I hate it too...I always buy bathing suits that have the little skirt on them, which helps a little, but if i sit wrong or it comes up when out of the water, it's no help at all, but it does distract a little. It just ***** that I have to worry about it the whole time and not really be able to just relaxe and be confident and have fun with every one else.
I've just discovered the solution to our problem. The problem is called large mons pubis and the solution is liposuction. It's a small procedure that takes 30 minutes and can be done under local anesthesia. Recovery takes about 1 to 2 days. It costs $3,000 to $4,000. I'm already saving money to go get it done. It will change my life completely. I hope I helped those who share the same problem.
I am so glad i found this discussion forum as i have been strugling with the same issue and thought i was alone. Its not something you can talk to just anyone about. Please keep us posted on the liposuction or any other solution.
omg... i have been struggling with the same problem for as long as i can remember!! i always thought i was the only one 'different' out there.  i have 4 younger sisters who are all 'normal' .  i couldnt wear bathing suits, or cute tight jeans or anything tight for that matter!! i have always dreamed of having a surgery to fix it.  it is a huge deal to me and other women who have the issue.  i am currently single now.  i was married to the same man since i was a teenager, he loved me for me. but now that im back in the dating scene i feel so ashamed of my body and really scared to death to get too close to someone because i know that it may lead to  intimacy.  i am so relieved to know that there are other ppl strugglin too (u know what i mean). now i dont feel like such an outcast!! i am going to start searching for a surgeon now and hopefully by next spring i will have enough money saved up to enjoy my life!!!  yeah!!!!   thanks to all of u have posted a comment, you have given me hope!!!!!
yah!! ;););)
haha! reading sindaredevil_01's comment made me happppyyy
-btw. i have the same problem. im 19. 5 7 and 1/2 140lb. seems like its been like this about a year and a half now. ........i HATE IT.
since im about to go to college....there is no hope of me getting lypo. i have zilch money. out of the question for a while.
BUT id like to point out that not allllll guys are like that....sadly. with my last boy friend...it was just awkward, i never mentioned it to him that i was uncomfortable with mine being larger.....butttt i could tell he didnt like it....then when we broke up he chose to say the one comment that would have an effect on me. ive HATED HIM ever since.
he said "ill be seeing you fat kat" and i KNEW what he meant.
so you seeeee???? it is a problem.
no tight cute jeans.
no sexy panties.
no skimpy confident bikini
and WOSRT of all we ( all who are like this) are afraid of intimacy BECAUSE of this problem to which we arent at fault.........
like REALLY. during later part of foreplay.....there is no question that a guy wouldnt notice it being larger. some guy please respond to this....if you were having sex with your girl first time...and she had a large pons pubis...what would the typical guy think?
I'm 18 and have had this issue for as long as I can remember. I'm 5'3 130 lbs and my body is pretty normal. Nice butt. Nice rack. But this mons pubis thing us driving me insane. I didn't know it was weird until my boyfriend pointed it out. He says it looks "puffy" and it does! I didn't know I was different until that day. I had seen my friends before when were changing or at the beach and I thought everyones was just a little different but mine is FAT! I want to get rid of it so badly. I can't wear certin underwear cause it won't cover it. My lips are fine it's just the top part. I don't even want to have sex anymore. I feel gross. Lipo seems so drastic. I wish their was something else that could be done!
URGH i have this problem also! Im convinced that I have the worst case of it though because it didnt take my partner to make me notice it, I've been aware of it since i was really young, at around 9years old, and ever since it has affected my everyyyy day life. I thought it was because I've always been quite big, so thought that if I lost weight that I'd lose it from there too... Ive lost 3stone recently and because my stomach is now smaller, it now looks even worse because it didnt get any smaller and now when i wear trousers, i cant hide it with baggy ones because my stomach is no longer creating space with the trousers :( It affects everything I wear, the only way I can wear something thats slightly a bit tight is if I wear one of those horrendous body suit things that pull you in, but they are so uncomfortable and hot to wear.
I've been in touch with Harley Medical Group (uk) and they have rang me asking me to come in for a consultation but I'm actually too embarrassed to go in and let someone look at me, its hard enough talking about it let alone talking about it to someone who's just been looking up at me so closely! I know that one day there will come a point when it controls me too much and i will have to bite the bullet and go to a consultation and then get the surgery, when I do, I shall report back to you lot!
OMG... I can't believe so many other women have posted here who have this problem... I'm 28 and I've been aware of having a "large area" for just about 8 years... I just wasn't aware of it before for some reason... I seriously look so bad in pants, almost any pants. I wear loose, baggy low-slung pants to hide my area.  If I want to wear jeans with a tucked-in shirt forget it, I look like a man with a bulge and i HATE IT... :-(  I've looked into surgery but unfortunately I'm terrified of going under anesthesia and terrified of needles and IVs and all that stuff... Plus you can't have sex for like 6 months after the surgery.  I'm married so not sure how that would fly with my husband... speaking of whom, I've NEVER brought up this issue with him.  He tells me all the time how beautiful and perfect I am... but I ALWAYS hide my area.  Never wear sexy panties, always wear shorts over my bikini, always wear baggier pants... He has to notice I feel different than other girls he's been with in the past... :-( I wish my area was tiny and tight like those i see in magazines.  So unfair, why do I have to have this?? I just want to cry on someone's shoulder but I've never told a single soul about this problem.  I would LOVE to be able to walk around in just undies or even little boy-short bottoms, but I would look like a freak.  I just want to look normal.  I have a pretty flat chest, too, and I'd never, ever get breast implants.  So I'm not some freak who hates her entire body.  It's just this one stupid thing.  :-(    :-(   :-(
I was googling and it led me to this website. More so for other reasons.  Anywhooo....

For the longest time I've been ashamed of my large mons.  When I was in college a couple of girls at my dorm commented on how it juts out when I wear my yoga pants.  One told me if I had a penis....  I was so pissed that I pulled my pants down and showed her... Tampon string and all.  LOL....

Well, I eventually learned to love it and thankful I have it once I became became sexually active.  Think of it as a fluffy cushion.  Without it, you'll be bumping bone on bone (when I mean bone I mean pelvic bone).  

Also, it's true that guys don't care how it looks down there.  As long as it's clean and not smelly, then you're good to go.
I'm so happy they have this forum! I have the same problem, and there is only two results. You deal with it or get surgery.  You can find doctors in your local area to suck out the fat, I've looked but I know it will cost a lot of money.  But i've honestly been with three different guys, and none of them said anything to me about it being so huge.  My current boyfriend who i've been with for 2 1/2 years hasnt said anything to me either about it. I'm also afraid to ask him but the fact he loves doing it with me I guess it doesnt really bother him.  

If you cant do surgery you just have to deal with it. Accept the fact you dont think you're going to look as sexy as others in some cute underwear, and just rock it the best way you can.  If you want to wear bikinis just try to get something that kinda bunches in the front and nothing crazy tight to kind of hide it.  You have to work around it, but with a positive attitude.

I hope this helps some for everyone. So dont give up trying to feel good about yourself with this problem.
I have the same problem. I let it get to me. All of the people i've been intimate with, have had no problem with it. It is hard to wear bathing suits but i do realize there are guys out there with fetishes for it. Also if someone really cares for you they wont care. Why conform to what society thinks is right. That's just because that's all ppl know. We have to show off our curves even down there, then we wont be made fun of as much because everyone wont be hiding it and it wont be so rare. I'm proud of my mound. Id rather have that then my junk dangling out :P My boyfriend loves it, he calls it Lady pacman lol
Well I had suffered for the longest. And so I asked my mother *which was hereditary btw I found out*. She gave me the best advice ever. She told me to get one of those bikes that are in one position. (not those electric ones that you lay back) The old fashion ones are the ones that work. You sit up straight like you would, and just cycle on your free time, everyday. It has helped me decrease the size, and I sure hope it will help all you too!
I am 30 and have been self conscious of this since I was a little girl getting ready with my sister and cousins. At first I thought it would go away with puberty, then I became very overweight and thought it would go away when I lost the weight....Well I lost 80 lbs, the old fashioned way (including lots of exercise) and expected to have the flat front I always wanted, well, as I read above the weight loss almost made it worse because now my stomach is flat and I have a nice body so the bulge of fat stands out even more...I went to a reputable plastic surgeon and he told me that even if I do have lipo, which is what I went to him for, the skin might not tighten up since its been stretched  out for so long and I might have a flat front but sagging skin...Not sure what I should do.  I will say, however, that I have had wonderful men in my life and wonderful sex and it has never been an issue with men.  They have commented on it but they weren't criticizing me, it was just an observation like "oh, you have such long legs".  I have learned that the only one that has a problem with it is me.  Still, I wish there was a way to a) make it go away or b) make people aware that it exists, it is natural and it doesn't make you any less sexy or feminine!
i have this same problem and its got to the point where i think of nothing else. Im 26 and am to scared to get into a relationship with anyone as i am terrified of anyone seeing me naked. i have never told anyone about how i feel as i am to embarrassed, i wont even go for a smear test as i feel like a freak down below.
i always think about going to my doctor and telling them but i always back out and cant bring my self to talk about.
i have got to the point where i dont know what to do or who to turn to but i feel that its starting to ruin my life.
i lost 4 stone a few years ago and it went down slightly but it is still quite big and i am of average size.  i would love to have surgery but cant afford it at the moment. i know how everyone else feels and am glad there are people with the same issue as i thought i was the only one.
I am so glad to hear other people are sturggling with the same issues.  Sometimes I think it is just me.   This issue is something that I think about everyday. I am married and my husband has never commented on it.  I recently brought it up to him because I hate it so much. I did not want to mention it to him because maybe it is something he really didnt mind and by pointing it out he may notice it more.  Needless to say he thinks I am crazy...It is very obvious.  My pants all fit snug down there and I feel like  everyone notices.  I wish there was someone who had this procedure done and could comment on the results.  
Mine is not only wide and fat, it fills up with fluid and makes me look like I have 2 balls. I saw my boyfriend's eyes pop up in disbelief the first time we did it. He did not say anything (and hasn't to this day) but I know it looks gross and disgusting. I have always had the fat mons but I think the fluid came after having children (I am divorced). I am planning a tummy tuck and gathering courage to bring it up to my surgeon. I am not fat, by the way.
Is it not amazing how people allow the thoughts of others to dictate what is "normal" and what is not.  It took me almost 53 years to get to this stage of life where I am who I am and if someone does not like me because I have a HUGE mound of venus, then so be it.  People need to step back and realize an interesting aspect of life.  While everyone is worrying about what someone might think of you, those very same people you are worring about are not thinking of you.  They are spending their time worrying about what people think of them.

Stop and really think about it.  We are not laying on our backs 24/7 and having sex.  There are women out there with what most of us would look at as having the perfect body and yet they can't hold on to a guy.  So if you think how you look is what defines you as a person think again.  People need to stop comparing themselves to others who have been surgically enhanced and embrace the fact that they are perfect in their own way.  Given the surgical risk of reducing ones mound of venus is it really worth it?  If your sex life is ok, why would anyone want to risk losing those sensations because of vanity?  I've never had a guy complain about the size of my mound of venus so I'm not going under any surgical procedure to comply to some fantasy created by people who are not even a part of my life.  

Women.....You don't need to worry about a large mound of venus.  You have to worry about why it is your allowing others to have such a negative influence on you.
i have a fat mons pubis and i was aware of it being different from 'normal' ones for a long time.  But it is what it is. Lypo would be a crazy decision. i say f*ck all the haters. My sex life is great. =D
Hi, I just wanted to say I am 26 with this and I am married. I have only been with my husband and 1 other man and didn't lose my virginity till I was 22 because I was really embaressed by this. Now my husband loves it! He sometimes will make comments like let me see your fat **** I guess trying to get in the mood and it bothers me because obviously no girl with this wants to bring focus to it and he rarely talks like that but when we are intimate and I have to tell myself now to feel self concious about it.
I also want to say that I find wearing boy shorts or cheeks underwear minimize the look and are cute to wear.
I hope you all can find someone you don't feel self conscious with and can accept this about yourself. I have although I would love to have lipo there I realize that it really is not that big of a deal to my husband or my gyno and since they are the only ones seeing it other then me I don't care. I also did notice when I used to run it did go down a little because of weight loss.
I also wear black bikini bottoms or ones with a busy print or horizontal stripes to minimize the bulge and I live in Fl so we wear bathing suits a lot here. Good luck and for the younger girls try not to be self conscous! Everyone has something on them they don't like. Guys think they are to small or weird when they are young too they just hide it better then us.
Wow! I can't believe there's so many other women out there with the same thing as me! I actually thought i was the only one!
This has been driving me crazy for such a long time.
I'm nearly 20 years old and still carrying the 'V Plates' (Virgin) :( just because of what i look like down there.
None of my friends have this problem, even my 'bigger' friends.
I'm a UK size 10/12 and it's really bugging me that you can't get rid of it by losing weight!
I'm so glad that i'm not alone. I've never told anybody about this... no friends, no family... NOBODY! It's so embarassing!
I look at myself in the mirror all the time and just wish that i was at least half normal! :(
Ok, so I've googled this and clicked on images, I honestly cant say I've seen anything on it like what I have. Its not just chubby down there or a bump where the bone is, its literally a pouch of fat. When i stand sideways it looks like i have a pair of knee socks tucked into my knickers. Is everyone else like that? or are all you guys like the pics that are on google images? Im not just being overly sensitive to this, it really does look like a guy in a pair of knickers and like a man, it can be seen through ALL of my clothes. I either have to get the next size up in trousers and wear a belt or i have to wear long tops.
I hate it, I feel like a freak and like my body is letting me down. It affects me daily. It also affects me in terms of jobs, I will only work somewhere if i can wear the uniform without it being overly noticeable (im currently unemployed because of this!). I have a doctors appointment booked but I think I wont be to go through with it, I cant talk about it openly to anyone let alone a doctor and then having him/her ask to examine me. I feel faint just typing that.

I could never get used to as being me. As far as Im concerned, its a deformity and it affects my life far too much to just accept :( I just wish it was gone :(
It's such a relief to hear I'm not the only person with this problem. I'm 20 years old and I'm fairly thin. I'm only 5 foot and 95 pounds. It doesn't matter how much weight I lose or how much I work out, I just can't lose the unsightly mound. It's not even just the mound that's ugly, it's everything down there. Everything is just oversized and wrong looking ='( I've always wanted to wear pencil skirts and yoga pants, but it's just never gonna happen. It's the one thing about myself that I just can't get past. I've called plastic surgeons to see how much it'd cost me to get rid of and it's about 4 thousand bucks. I am married and I've never brought it up to my husband. I'm afraid he doesn't really take notice to it and if I say something he'll be weirded out by it. He's the only person I've ever been with, whereas he's been with numerous people. I'm always self-conscious that he's comparing me to his past conquests, so I never really let him look at me. I hate it, I wish there was some other way to get rid of the fat =(
My own issue is not only because I have struggled with this my whole life, but living in NY, the men in the street make very rude and nasty remarks in language that I do not use nor do I approve of.  Happened just this past weekend.  He said it in Spanish, figuring that because I am quite pale that there is no way I would understand what he said, wrong !  I was a Spanish major in Uni 30 years ago and understood every word he said.

I have covered up my entire life, but the few odd times that the t-shirt was a bit shorter than usual, I am subjected to stares and filthy comments from dirtbags in the street.  I am saving up for lipo.
What type of surgery are you talking about? And what kind of doctor do you see??
I love this forum! I'm 26 and had this problem for as long as I can remember. I swear I thought I was the only one in the world with it. I even wrote to a teen magazine asking what's wrong hoping they'd publish it so I can find the answer but doubt they did. It's nice to know now that I'm not alone. Mine's very fat, I need to turn my hand sideways (horizontally) to cover up my whole mound! even then my lips are showing!

I'm actually seeing a surgeon tomorrow to have a consultation about mons pubis liposuction, I'm ready for it! I'm very much into fashion and there are a few things I own and wish to own that I cannot wear because of this and I swear it's making me a size bigger in the pants department which is not nice for me since I have a really nice booty I can't show it off without showing off my fat cat.

But I must say I still find my way to wear tight clothes like walking with my bag in front of me or stand a certain way since it truly pertrudes out like a big hump down there. Even still I own about 20+ bathing suit bottoms (with only one with a cover up), but once a man asked me if I was wearing a pad in my swimsuit but it still didn't stop me from living my life and looking sexy so neither should the rest of you!

To all the girls that worry about men's reaction...I don't think many men mind it at all although I had two situations where an ex used it as a low blow when we fought (despite him telling me many times prior that I was the best he ever had) and another had a look of shock when he saw it but it still didn't stop him from wanting to have sex. Not to sound like a floozy but I've been with quite a few men and all but those two said nothing and was not at all phased by it at all.

My current boyfriend thinks I'm crazy and is getting a little upset that I want to go ahead with this surgery. The first time we talked about it was when he told me he told his friends I had a small "box" and I told him he should stop telling lies. He reassured me that it was "small" (but I know he's lying and was probably just telling his friends about the tightness of my box). Anyways, since then he knows I'm insecure about it but he doesn't seem to understand when I tell him I can't wear the sort of clothes I want to wear, he says he sees me in all my clothes and I look great, it doesn't show but that's just 26 years of experience in hiding it.

Now I can't wait to remove the fat, I just hope my skin won't turn out saggy, if so I'll be back for them to cut off the excess. I'm determined to shrink this cat but I still want a little camel toe though, guys actually love those and I think they are sexy too! puffy lips and not much fat on the mound, that's what I'm aiming for!
So I went to the surgeon and it costs $2500 + tax and I'm in Toronto Canada so the tax is quite a bit. I plan on getting the surgery done before July or else I will have to pay more tax cuz of the new HST tax. He told me he doesn't see it as anything extreme but of course I  would but he said ge sees what I am talking about. He also said the surgery will b a subtle change and I mentioned anything smaller will be better than what I have so I'm waiting for a call to book on their next available date
So, I noticed that I was larger than most when I was in the 3rd grade.  I went through puberty very early, and being the tomboy that I was, I wore big, baggy clothes (mostly to cover my c-cups when I was in the 5th grade!).  When, I started wearing tighter clothes I didn't take much notice of it since it's been normal to me since I was 7.  I knew I was larger down there and I also knew everyone's body is different, so I didn't care.  I started to care when I was at a friend's house a few years ago, in tight yoga pants, I slouched down on the couch complaining of boredom.  Her eyes went immediately to my crotch and started to smirk.  I rose up very quickly to give off the vibe of, "Eww, why are you starring?" But, since then I've been very self-conscious (I was 23 then, and 25 now). I, for whatever reason, don't let it interfere with what I wear.  I still wear tight pants even though it looks like I have a pouch for a crotch (I'm also meaty down there).  I'm of normal weight, but I am bottom heavy.  Well, I have thick thighs and back-end, but I'm a runner.  I would like to wear yoga pants without the pouch, but I refuse to get surgery.  I'd rather have a puffy vagina than a saggy one.  

I just started dating a man, and we had sex for the first time a couple of days ago.  I didn't want to hide it, so I got completely nude with the lights on.  I figured if he's going to run he better run now, lol.  But, he was all smiles.  Afterward, he did mention something about it.  He said, "Damn, I never seen a p***y like yours.  I love the way it feels and tastes. You're so beautiful, baby." I thought he was lying, trying to make me feel good b/c I didn't know why he brought it up.  I told him in the morning that I'm very insecure down there because I don't think I look like normal girls. And he said, "I enjoy everything about you.  I think about you all the time.  You're hysterical, super sweet, and you're the only girl I've been able to engage in a political, intelligent conversation with.  Your fat p***y is just the icing on the cake." LOL.  

So, I don't know why many of you girls are contemplating crotch-liposuction.  That's just not right. Just love yourself and love your vagina, lol.  Why do you want to look like everyone else?  Why would you want to undergo surgery for the sake of fashion?  Kill that nonsense!  Wear what you want, flaunt your body, and own it.  YOU are the only one who has a problem with it.  Once you lose that insecurity, you're really not going to give a flying F what other thinks of you.

If I went for ladies, I must admit that I'd probably go for a puffy vagina, myself.  I dunno,  maybe it's because that's normal to me.  The thought of licking a small, flat, skinny vagina is somewhat off-putting for me. So, girls, please just own it.  
i thought i was alone in this but seeing all these comments kinda makes me feel like im not this has taken over my life it really bothers me i mean to the point were i get soooo depressed im not like other girls ive had this since i was 13 yrs old one time i had sex with this guy and he said i have a **** i was mortified! i always think to myself why me?
im trying so hard to except this im soo self comcious of this im a small girl with a huge mons pubis!!!!!
I feel the pain!!!   literally!!!

I've put a lot of thought into it the past few years... and I am pretty sure I have always had this issue...  more so the past decade, paying attention to it, since I work in the beauty industry.  I have to look "cute".. and I will tell you, not only in dress pants, jeans, shorts, exercise pants/shorts, swimsuits, sweatpants, underwear, ANYTHING and everything shows it, but the worst is sitting in ur car, and having ur pants making it look worse!!!!!!   I am a little overweight now, but regardless of my weight it has always been an issue... I am 28, 5'10" & 195... very broad.. my mom is only 5'4" and "was" petite prior to children... and I wanna say I almost remember that while showering w/ mom, when I was a little girl, that I remember seeing a "bigger area"... didn't think too much of it until like I said, about a decade ago.... and more so the past few years...

well.. in 2003 or 2004, dont remember, I had 2 procedures done.. I was about 30 lbs lighter..it was still really bad!!!  I saw a plastic surgeon who wanted to do it in the office... I agreed... BIG MISTAKE!!!  I can take pain like no other, but this procedure of in-office lipo had me in TEARS!!!!  it hurt soooo bad!!!!  I couldn't continue.. so more $$$ later, and no research, I allowed him to do more..  but in an operating room..  I was young, didn't do my research & really didn't know what I wanted.. so, the results were VERY minimal... barely anything.. and I have 2 gross scars on my pubic bone area... 1 on each side... I HATE those too!!!

so.. 2 yrs ago, I did a little more research.. and found a Dr. supposedly whom specializes in this around my area... so I went in for a consult.. he told me there are 2 options.. lipo... or a "lift"....even with exercising I don't really notice any shrinkage, but I want it gone!!!  however I also know we obviously have a more "protruding/higher" pubic bone, and we need "tissue" to pad the area, so it isn't bone-on-bone contact w/ our significant others...

I am going to look into a few more sites... and look into a few more Dr's.. I DON'T want to have to go to like Dr. 90210 or something, but I am SOOOOO ASHAMED and sick and tired of this nasty mound!!!  I don't ever wanna be a bony chic, but damn this mound!!!!   of the sites I have found, supposedly there is a place in Atlanta, GA that does this as well too.. but I haven't found any Dr's websites that offer good or reassuring pictures.. but I will be calling some Dr's again here shortly, b/c I am DETERMINED to look HOTTTTT for my 30th Birthday Aug 2011 !!!  

I will be back and I will come back later to post all the links that I have found !!!!!  
I am so glad that thee is something to be done and that I am not the only one suffering. I really do appreciate what people are saying about people loving you for you and everything, but I am 14 years old for Christ's sake! I have never even had a boyfriend, let alone had sex! I just want to be normal, and my personality sticks out enough with out my mons pubis doing it too! Seriously, for me, and I am guessing many other people, it's not about other people liking the way I look, it's about ME liking the way I look, and I don't! I thought about losing weight, which I am going to do anyway, but you are right, it will probably just make it look worse, and to add insult to injury, two of my best friends are stick thin, gorgeous and constantly walk around in their underwear! this is really killing me!
I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do now, any way of making it even a little bit smaller until I am old enough and have enough money to pay for surgery. I hate to see myself naked because of the way I look down there and, even though it definitely runs in our family, I can't be in a bikini or my underwear around my family without feeling hugely embarrassed. I am supposed to be going to France on holiday this year and I really don't want to have to lie on a beach around gorgeous French women and feel like s**t! Is there anyway that anyone can help me? I would appreciate it so much, and I am sure that other people out there understand too.
For younger people like me, I am sure you understand that everything has so much more to do with your appearance and fitting in with everyone else than having someone who loves you. I am sure that if I had someone look at me like I was the most beautiful person in the world, I would probably feel that way too, but I don't, and I probably won't have for a while because of the way I feel about my body.
Please can somebody help me?
Wow. I had no idea that there are so many other people with this problem. I think it is hereditary. When I was younger I thought it was normal because my mom had a large mound. My sister and I have it as well. Now I have a baby girl and two people have commented on how she looks "different" or "fat" down there. They noticed it while I was changing her. It kind of breaks my heart because I don't want her to go through what I did. I started becoming self concious of it when I was 16. I was 5'3 105 lbs. A guy friend of mine poked my mound and said "why do you have such a huge bump there!?" and laughed at me. I was mortified because I had a huge crush on him. When I was 18 I went on a senior trip to a water park and a group of girls were giggling and pointing and I could over hear them talking about it. Back then I didn't know how to hide it as well as I do now.

I am 25 now and have only had three sex partners. I have always been so afraid of sex because of this issue. I have now been with my hubby for almost 6 years and he says he loves it. He says I have the best feeling vagina he has ever felt and he loves that there is some cushion provided for him! lol. During my pregnancy I gained 65 lbs and it got even bigger! I hate it so much now that I barely even have sex with him because I can't enjoy it. I don't know what to do. I don't have money for surgery and I feel like this is ruining my sex life. I wish we could all wear tight pants and show our bulging mounds off to the world so it wouldn't be so surprising and different to other people!
omg im not the only one!im 15 and im extremely self consouse and shy about it,i had to swim for PE and i saw everyone looking at my v and whispering stuff like"Omg is she a dude""Man thats nasty"and stuff like thatTT.TTy do people have to be so judgemental!?!even my bf makes fun of it when i wear a normal pair of jeens or a bathing suit!
   It is SO comforting to know we are not alone. Like so many of you I believed that I was the "Abnormal One" but it makes me feel better to know there are so many other women out there who share the same thoughts, and feelings.

In highschool, a particlar group of girls had spread rumors that I was a man, they had drawn pictures of a woman with a penis and referred to me as "Crotch Rocket" and would stare at me "there" when I would walk down the hallway!  Like many of you I was also embarrassed to wear bathing suits, tight clothes, change infront of someone, and be intimate with anyone.

I also have an incredible boyfriend of  4years who loves me for my body and has told me over and over 100 times he loves everything about it. After sitting down with him and talking about the issue  and how much it has affected my life, I had tears of joy! He has been so supportive, he has agreed to come with me for the consultations/surgery and has offered to help me pay for it- he says he will do anything to make me happy!

I want to say for those of you who have excepted your bodies for how they are, and who have found someone who loves your body the way it is "CONGRATULATIONS" and for those of you who are considering other alternatives best of luck in your new life!
i honestly have been looking for a solution to this stupid problem forever, i hate wearing tight workout clothes because it sticks out and its so embarssing, i am only 16 years old and im afraid to get close with any guys because of it, i honeslty and sitting here and i am SOO relieved that i have finally taken the courage to look up this problem online. but i do have a question, will this effect my sex life or pregnancy???
I'm 28 and only now had the courage to search online about my mound. Good grief, we do our heads in trying to fit a mould which in itself is NOT normal. Because, clearly, there is no normal. Yes surgery is an option - and if I wasn't a wimp for having surgery and had plenty of money then MAYBE I'd have it done. Mostly for myself. I'm married with 1 child and put on weight during pregnancy - and it got bigger. But the honest truth is our mounds ARE perfect no matter the size. It's society and the media that portray women with big boobs and flat mounds that has us all paranoid. I wish, too, we could parade our bulging mounds around without being judged or critized. My heart goes out to those who had suffered such criticism. Luckily, only a couple of people have noticed mine... 1 situation was a male work mate who blurted out something looked 'wrong' down there. But he was the first to draw my attention to it (I had a tight skirt on at the time). And I cover it well now. Imagine if things were reversed and people were having fat injections to create a bigger mound! Maybe one day.
The lesson for myself in having a big mound is personal acceptance. Not everyone will reach such acceptance. But, the boyfriend who thinks you're a freak with a fat mound - and insists you have lipo - will still be the same narrow-minded, selfish guy after your surgery. YOU will have changed, HE won't. What sacrifice will he make for you?? Perhaps his penis isn't large enough, perhaps he should have a Brazillian wax?? Incredible how guys expect women to make ALL the sacrifices, as if we don't do enough (periods, childbirth etc).

Big mounds are beautiful!!

I am a red blooded American male and find this to be an extremely sexy feature on a woman. I am married to a gorgeous Chinese/Filipino woman that has a nice soft hairless bulging mound! It is the best. I think it looks sexy and she is not sfraid to show in off in tight yoga pants or a bikini. I have always found this to be a turn on with other women that I have been with. Women with a bulge should feel blessed and not cursed. There are many guys out there that find this hot!!! Hang in there, you will find someone!!!
I had the same problem. When I had a C-section, my dr didn't stitch my muscles right. He left a muscle loose and fat deposits began to store there. It didn'thelp that I was also gaining weight at the same time. I have now manage to lose 90 lbs and my pubis area now looked larger than ever. I saw a dr and she performed two liposuctions and it only got worse. In fact, it even changed color to a dark brown. I decided to change dr's and it was the best thing I did. He told me that many dr's do perform lipo, but it's only temporary. If you what a permanent result, it requires surgery. It has been 5 months since my surgery and my self-esteem has reached the sky. I was very insecure about clothes and intimacy. The surgery itself was removal of the skin and fat. The procedure was not painful and it was done with local Anesthesia. The beauty of this procedure is that the dr can also remove any excess skin from the vaginal lips. I am extremely happy with the results. I feel all your pain. Just know that we don't have to live like this. Praise God for cosmetic surgeries! :)
Wow...

Although it is disheartening to read that there is no other alternative solution to reduce a large mons pubis except for surgery/lipo, it is really comforting to know that there are other women out there who have this same problem.

I am 5'4 and 128 pounds. I run 4x a week and am in great shape and (not to be a narcissist).... but i think I am an attractive young female.
However, I felt for the longest time that I was the only one with this problem and that I was just a freak.

I have never seen any other women have a large protruding fatty mons anywhere.. not on tv, not at the pool, not at the beach, at yoga practice etc. So I assumed it was just me and I was and am still so self conscious of it.

I noticed I was different down there since I was very young like age 6 or 7 when  my sisters and I would take a bath together and they noticed that my mons was "funny" and "fat" looking. Ever since then I never wore a bathing suit bottom without a skirt or ruffles that hides it.

Also, I definitely cant wear spandex or any tights of any sort without a long shirt/dress over it and it is reaally reallly really hard to find the right jeans that minimizes the bump down there.

Surgery is definitely not an option for me .. maybe down the line I might change my mind but I am so scared of any kind of surgery so I guess I will have to make do. It just helps to know that there are other women out there with this problem. It doesnt make me feel so alone struggling with it.  

Also I am 27 and still a virgin because of my self consciousness but I guess I will just have to find a man who will love me for me and who genuinely likes a chubby mons =)
oo well, we will just have to work around this. high waisted flowy skirts are a new hip thing, same with cute lil dresses. you could make that your signature look. get a cute belt to wrap around your waist to show off your body and then the skirt will flow over your pelvic area which will make you more comfortable and you'll look cute! as for the pool, they have bottoms with flowy material that can hide this.

i have sweaty hands and feet. like when i say sweaty, i mean they actually drip they sweat so much. everyone used to make fun of me, point and laugh. i couldnt give hi fives cus i was embarassed lol. but then i learned to love it. it made me unique. find that common happiness with your beauty. get your hair done all nice, show off your smile, let me see how wonderful of a person you are and how beautiful you are. if you aren't worried about your pubic bone, no one else will be either.

have you gone to the doctor? what did he suggest?

your friend,
mary
I'm amazed at how many girls are dissatisfied with their 'fat' or 'huge' pubis mons. As a male I feel it my duty to say that people naturally want to be 'normal' in every possible way regarding their physical appearance, and that to some extent we're all victimized by media representations of physical perfection, leading to self consciousness regarding almmost every aspect of our physical bodies. If anything appears to us to be abnormal, or is pointed out as being abnormal by our peers in dressing room/bedroom environments, we take it to heart and emphasize the difference ourselves to almost hysterical/obsessive degrees.
As a painter and a man who appreciates the female form in every way, I am saddened to see women talking about getting surgery done to 'fix' the 'problem'. Please don't! Instead, try to appreciate your differences, develop your self confidence regarding them and be as proud of them in your mind as they are in form. Boys/men giggling at your features is more likely to be about them not knowing how to deal with their own feelings (which are probably more to do with awe than anything else, the result of unexpected arousal or fascination). I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I find large pubis mons' beautiful to describe creatively and very sexy in the bedroom. If you're confident about your appearance, your men/boyfriends/lovers will never even question your features. I'm sure I'm stating the obvious to suggest that shaving your pubic hair might make you feel a bit better if you're really determined to make a difference, but I think any kind of artificial adjustment is likely not to have the desired effect. The only way round the 'problem' is resolving the issue of self-image. Learn to love your mound, show it off at every opportunity and view it as an asset. I certainly do.
Oh goodness I've been having this forever I am so enberassed of it I wear long shirts to cover it cuz it's just fatness like right there ugh it's so nasty I feel ugly my bf always wants to get intimate but I haven't tld him thatvim emberrased of my vagina I feel like cutting it off or something I dnt have money for a lipo is there another way??!!
i have the exact same thing too. its horrible. im 16 and it really takes over my life. i want surgery but i dont have the money and i dont know what to do! :(
Wow, I'm 51, and have been carrying this tiny bit of self-loathing since I "stood out" with my naked 3rd grade class--my little hands covering myself in embarrassment.
I've never been with a man who seemed in any way put off by my "super-sized" mound.  
I have debated the lipo route, but now that I found this forum I just want to thank everyone for checking in.  It is about loving ourselves, as we. are, and knowing that our lovers will love us too.  
It is also about our freedom to choose change if that's what it takes.
I feel empowered to work on loving my body, as is, and I am smiling right now, rich with a new solidarity.  
To the 14 year old---hang in there, girl.   You will think and feel differently in just a few years.  Just remember that real beauty comes from within.
Im also a victim of this "curse." I first noticed it when I was around 10 years old and the older I got the larger it got. Then with kids I gained an absurd amount of weight only making it worse. Mine also isnt just large. Its a large round mound of fat that is about the size of a softball. Ive googled pictures for years and have never found one like mine. And Im sad to hear that with a c-section, there is nothing I can do to make it better
To all my secret friends... I saved the money and had mons pubis liposuction at the age of 19 for the very reasons everyone is stating above. I'm now 25... Why would I google this after going through "the fix"? Because lipo didn't work - not for me anyway.

I'm not at all here to be disheartening, yet to offer advise. When your surgeon tells you to wear tight underwear after your surgery for 3 months, he means tight, and he means 3 months. When he tells you to make swimming a routine, do it!! I didn't maintain a routine, and tight underwear were quite frankly damn uncomfortable. I may be wrong to point the fault at these factors, but the blunt truth is, lipo surgeons can only suction fat from a certain section of the mons pubis - what this resulted in was not a natural look at all. I mean - yes - gosh I was happy for a short while, I was flat, I was "normal", but I still didn't look right because they couldn't (and can't) suction the entire area; it actually looked odd (this coming from a person who had already lived the life of a plus size mons pubis).

It didn't take long before my area filled out again (there's a 30% chance of all cases of this happening) - my mons pubis slowly became what it was, and what it is today. It didn't work for me. & I am here considering another alternative; there is none. Even after my experience, I am contemplating another liposuction attempt ---- and following the instructions like i'm walking a tight rope.

To all the lady warriors who are happy with themselves, proud of their bodies - you inspire me. .. Yet some of us, or shall I speak for myself, just don't have that self confidence, strength and security. And so we grab whatever materials we have to 'make us better'.
Just like there are many different looking breasts there are many different looking vaginas.  And honestly, to all of you younger ladies who are worried about being intimate, once you are naked, any guy will think you are the hottest thing ever regardless of your little imperfections.

Check this out: http://www.vroma.org/images/mcmanus_images/aphrodite1.jpg

It is a picture of a statue of Aphrodite that men in the ancient world went crazy over.  She seems to have the same 'problem' and yet there are hilarious stories about men sneaking into temples to 'visit' similar statues in the night because they thought they were so sexy.

So hopefully that will give you a laugh and a little more confidence.
I am so relieved to find out that I am not the only one out there with this.  Unfortunately I know that mine is from a bad C-section when I had my son when I was 25 and am now almost 53 and single.  Not the best challenge for a single older woman either.  And the photos that I have found online don't even come close to my situation really.  And  I also know that the only way to fix it is surgery... but getting the right surgeon is the answer.  And it is unfortunate for all of us that have to deal with it.  Can't wear a swimsuit or sometimes regular clothes because of it.  

The doctor that did my C-section must have unconsciously been somewhat upset with me since it was his 1/2 day off to go play golf and he couldn't because he had to come do my surgery.  LOL  But now knowing not attaching the muscles, etc closing incision correctly can cause major problems like with.  So now I know why... but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.  And when I lost 80 pounds it was even worse.  Which then makes me wonder if I should gain some of it back just so it won't be so horribly noticable in most clothes.  And lingerie... forget it or dating... too afraid of intimacy now more than ever.  

Hopefully now that I know I am not the only one I can work on the self esteem to overcome it because the cost to fix is unattainable.
I have been aware of my large mound for as long as I can remember, because my mother often commented how when I was a baby she said I had the fattest little "tt" she called it. I don't know why.

When I was younger, it didn't really bother me. What bothered me was that I could not afford to buy clothes because my father passed away.

When I wore tight jeans it kind of flattened out. I have no problem going to the doctor because they see everything imaginable! And I am there to be healthy....plus they are not allowed to say anything to anyone! Ha ha

Now, I am 52, and  because I have gained weight over the years, and it is really fat, you know super-sized. I hate it. I feel like a freak. I know that God has made everyone different. He has made all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.

I do not think husbands mind at all. The sex is what they want...right. My hausband has enjoyed making love to me and he has never brought it up.

I just want to wear clothes without my mound being so conspicuous. With the low cut pants these days I feel really stupid. I can't keep my pants up without a belt which feels very uncomfortable. Back in the day when we wore "Mom Jeans", they made me look slimmer! I wear long tops, but they tend to shrink in the laundry and my tummy is a little fat too so the tops just don"t stay down. I am all the time adjusting my clothes and that makes me really uncomfortable in public.

I have often thought that I am the only one with this problem, and just like everyone else, I am glad to know that I am not. I have had a hard life and really I have more important things to worry about. I work on the inside more than I do the outside, and if I don't like myself, I know that no one else will. I catch myself looking at other women to see if they have the same problem. I want mine to go away!

I think this discussion has opened my eyes to why I really do not make friends or get close to people. I am embarrassed about the way I look.

The funniest thing is that if it is sexy, we should be the happiest people! And speaking of sex, people, my husband is in stage four cancer and we are not able to be intimate anymore. So, fat or not, I wish that we could. Be accepting of what you have and realize that things could be worse. In the end a little fat is not that important.

I think that casual sex has had a negative effect on our lives, because it allows us to compare each other, and that is not a healthy thing to do. Ignore others and be happy with the way God created you.
I am from Vancouver, BC. I am 38 and had mon pubis liposuction on July 6.  It cost $2400.00 CA (this includes tax)

If you want to get it done to see a plastic surgeon will cost $100.00 or visit (this Canadian $$)

DAY 1
- Surgery is 30 minutes
- You are put completely out
- two small stitches on each side of where the canula goes (fat wand)
- when you get home and look in mirror it will be flatter and when you grab the area it will feel empty as all fat has been sucked out.
- I had really bad bruising on my inner thighs, this is normal as your body is trying to heal and drain etc.

DAY 2 and for several weeks

you will swollen twice as bad as when you had the mons. It will make you feel discouraged and depressed but its normal for this to happen

For the next several months you will experience your mons area to be hard as a rock and very itchy, this is normal as your body is adjusting to the change.

My surgeon said this will take months before being completely flat.

It has gone done substantially but has more to go.

I am glad I got it done,

If you have a surgeon who says you cant get it done due to c section etc I would say do research on other plastic surgeons in your area and make sure they are have excellent credibility.

good luck!!
Wow. So good to see I'm not alone. I lost about 95 pounds (43 Kg) and was horrified to look worse. Fewer pants fit me instead of more. I looked more and more like a guy with a full sized package because loosing tummy fat just made the mons stand out. A lot. Add in that non-plus-sized clothes are just more form fitting in general and you've got some intense misery.

The picture of Aphrodite that bamdastic linked to made me laugh because I would kill to look like her. I doubt I'll ever be sporting a bikini at the beach but I wouldn't mind a mons like hers at all.

Anyway I gained a huge amount of the weight back fast and I've been thinking about why and about what to do. I think one reason why I gained back so fast was that I just gave up. It was a horrible shock to look worse after weight loss. I expected some loose skin issues but I thought my mons would shrink along with my belly.

Instead my stomach no longer hid the mons as much and the mons hardly seemed to be shrinking at all. And I couldn't even talk about it with friends. I felt like a failure and I ate.

I'm trying to get up the nerve to diet again, knowing that things will be worse in some ways.

I've also started setting some money aside for surgery. I've seen prices of around 5 to 8 thousand dollars for surgery that's more than just liposuction. I'm afraid of surgery and of scarring so I don't know if I'll actually go under the knife, but I think knowing I have it as an option will help me re-lose the weight. Also I'm trying to adjust my expectations of what I can look like.
Some earlier people said they couldn't find any before and afters of a bad situation. http://www.******************.com/pubic_liposuction_lift.htm might help some people feel less alone and might let others know it could be worse.
hi im the same way to i've always noticed mine was larger then my sisters and my mothers but i never really felt a problem with it. it wasnt even until my friend pointed it out in front of everyone at a pool party that i thought anything about it. that was when i was 12 im now 15 and i think nothing of it i wear tight pants and bikinis and short shorts and everything. nobodys perfect we all have flaws and judging by how many answers this forum gets its not that uncommon a thing. but now by reading what you guys say im seconding guessing wether i should think of this as a problem.....
sorry typo i meant to say im 18 not 15
same here, same situation as everyone else here...i used to hate it (still kinda do btw) but i'm learning how to accept this "thing"...my boyfriend loves it; he thinks it's hott. so i guess there's no reason for me to get rid of it :) hey, i'm satisfied as long as he finds it attractive..fcuk those who thinks it's not normal.

btw, if he ain't finding it cute/sexy but hideous, then oh well, he just lost the most beautiful, unique and precious thing, a girl who has a fluffy pusssy. =]
This is exactly why im afraid of intimacy. 28 & still not done "it". i thought im the only one in the entire world with this hugeee thing :( i feel better knowing im not the only one. But i still wish i can get it fix..how..i dunno :(
It really bothers me that men write on here that they like a woman's mons to be big and it turns them on.  Is it our only role in life to turn on men?  I have a large mons pubis.  It has been very apparent my entire life, even when I was a kid and skinny.  I have never been able to wear tight fitting clothes.  As an adult, I wear "slimming" panties to push down the bulge but it is still visible.  These panties cut into my skin.  My elastic lines on my skin are raw and they hurt very bad.  I wear these because I don't want to look like I'm packing balls in my pants at work, at the gym, or anywhere else.  People do make fun if I don't mash it down and try to conceal it.  I have heard people refer to my balls, my penis, my camel toe.  I have heard nasty, horrible remarks make about my mons.   I don't care if some people think mons that stick out 3 inches are sexy.  If you have a mons and you can live with it, good for you, but there are people like me who would like to get rid of it.  I do not think it is sexy and that is all that matters to me.  I do not like this attribute of my body.  So how dare you (men) come on here and say "Oh stop worrying about it, we think it's sexy!"  Why don't you try mashing down your balls everyday for years and have the elastic cut into your skin day after day, just so you can escape the torment that will inevitably come if you don't.  I can't wear normal panties because they don't fit me in the mons area.  I can't wear any swimming suit because at some point during my teens my mons just wouldn't fit anymore.  Yeast infections are more prone to women with a larger, fattier area.  Yeast infections suck.  I have to wear a panty liner every single day because of the sweat that accumulates from the large fatty area-- I've been to several doctors to check that out several times and they say nothing is wrong.  It's not just about sexiness.  It is about functionality and health.  I am saving my money for plastic surgery.  It is call monsplasty.  It reduces the mons.  There is also labiaplasty for the labia majora and labia minora.  Monsplasty and labiaplasty can be combined, however, they ARE two different surgeries.  There is also liposuction in the pubic area, but be careful with that because you don't want to suck out all the fat to be left with a saggy bag.  I have done extensive research on my options, and I urge you all to do the same.  To all of you female who are struggling with this, good luck!
Just one more thing...a long time ago I found this website (below).  I am linking you to a forum where you can search for answers to questions others have asked and ask your own questions regarding surgery, recommended surgeons, costs, etc...   I have found it to be very helpful.

http://*************.**********.com/***********-**********
To everyone that has what I have, a large mons pubis, I dont hate it but I dont like it either...the only part about it that I dislike the most is that I cannot stand to see it when Im naked, especially naked in front of my boyfriend that ive been with for one and a half years.  I always have to cover myself or make sure he doesnt see it.  He loves me and doesnt care.  But I do. I noticed the mound when i was young about 9 when my mom bought me a skirt it was too tight on me and my sister was picking on me about it because you could see it.  ever since i always thought about it. even in elementary school when a child should not be thinking about this stuff. anyways to make things clear. its there and its not going away.  i will eventually do surgery on it and hopefully it will fix the low self esteem it has brought to me all this years.  I am 23 5'2.
i know exactly what all you feel!
i hate! i dread the fact that people can dress how they want and strut there stuff and i cant! i have to hide under all the self loathing and baggy clothes.when i was younger i was skinnier i was 5'1 138 pounds and wore tight pants and studded belts to hide the bulge.i was okay with it then and found even a guy who didnt mind it.and soon after i had a baby and gained a whole 60 pounds it got a lil bigger after and now i feel like a whole different person with this large mons pubis and hasent gone out with a guy since then and im now more insecure cause of it but unfortunately i have to deal with it cause nothing can take it away but just realizing the fact this is just who i am and there are other people like me out there.I SAY WE ALL SHOULD ACCEPT WHO WE ARE AND LOVE OURSELVES MORE! cause if we cant then who will? im gonna make the best of things and date guys and find clothes that are for me. dont let anything get in the way of my happiness... hope this helps if i found one guy who liked me for me then i can find another!:)
o man... yes how nice this horrible little thing is... or maybe big thing ha well yea after i had surgery the scar tissue or whatever it was just created such a unsightly mound--i remember asking my doc what was up with it and she said it would go away- well to bad it didnt. it was always fatty but not bulgy and puffy like that so thank you dumb *** doctor who fixed me up real nice- ha ok well this is so crazy i never googled this before and here it is and so many women affected by this-its crazy. i guess the only reason im searing for it now is well it has bothered me since i had my surgery (it was to remove a cyst on the fallopian tube) i just live with it you know-- i minimize it as much as i have learned how to do -- anyway back to why im searching and let me just tell you all men are not so impressed with this chunk of fat- my hubby has in the last few months decided to be so hurtful about it i just dont understand-- saying puffy, fat, deformed, huge vagina. o man really how does one respond to that? so as i cry for the thing i can not change and the man i married tells me about it every time we fight i just feel hopeless and angry --- so you know what who cares i guess he just really upset me tonight  and i had no idea i would find a forum like this at least all this has made me feel better-- thanks :)
I have the same exact thing. My pubic bone is sticking out, and on top of it is a good layer of fat which makes it look even bigger. I am normal weight, athletic.

After going through some issues in my life lately, I finally felt secure and brave enough to go show it to a plastic surgeon to have a liposuction done on it. He told me it's mainly due to my bone structure, but a lipo could bring it down about 1cm. I'm also having my labia majora lipoed, since they hang really low and hide the labia minora well.

At first I was disappointed that it's the bone that does it, not the fat, but then realized that 1cm is a big enough change to go through this. At least I'll feel like I've done everything I can to correct it. At the same time I'll get my bulging labia majora corrected, which is great as well. I just hope they won't be left "sagging", since a lot of the fat is sucked out.

My lipo appointment is next week, and I'm gonna tell you guys how it went afterwards. The surgeon warned me there's gonna be some significant bruising and swelling, and it might be hard to walk at first. It's hard to know in advance how fast it will heal, but three weeks from now it should be healed so well I cannot even remember I've ever had lipo done on it. :)

Have faith, girls and never give up! It's true we won't be able to look like we'd want, but at least there's SOMETHING that CAN be done. I'll post how I'm feeling, have your fingers crossed for me, will ya? :)
I am so glad I came across this thread. I have been dealing with the same exact thing for a few years now. When I was a teen I really didn't notice it until I went to try on clothes and my friends said it looked like I had balls. Ever since then I have hidden myself under baggy clothes. For the longest time I thought I had some type of infection and thats what my friends and their mothers or family have always said, but I have went and had several tests done and my female area is very healthy.

I won't even think about wearing bathing suits and at the age of 20 have still not had sex due to this. I want to learn to accept it but it is hard. I thought about the surgery but I don't have the funds and don't really want to go through all the pain.

I do weigh 235 lbs, if I lost weight would this help? and what have you guys done to sort of over come it in the meanwhile?
my mon pubis has never really affected me. it's only recently i realised it isn't classed as 'normal'. and not going to lie, it has knocked my self esteem quite a bit. especially since i'm only 17 and at this age looks are everything! but i'm sick and tired of worrying about the way people perceive me.
**** um all!

oddly my mum has a normal sized mons pubis. i guess mine is larger than your average person because i have an extremely short torso AND i'm apple shape-which just *****
i've worn extremely tight skinny jeans practically my whole life but yet, haven't had any comments on it from other people. even when i've gone swimming.
so i guess it isn't something i can really complain about.

i have a condition called osteogenesis imperfecta which is a genetic disorder that affects the strength of your bones (which is why it's other term is 'brittle bones'). i've had over 60 + fractures/broken bones and this includes my spine-hence short torso!
point being, i have bigger things to worry about than my looks.
my body will never be 'perfect'.
i beg all of you to do the same.
life is too short to worry about what other people think of you.

you should all bare in mine there is no such thing as 'perfection'
all the people that will make fun of you throughout the years probably have huge insecurities as well.
we're never alone.

and remember two things
1. there are people out there who would trade spaces with us.
2. there is a way to fix our large pubic mounds. yes, it's a lot of hassle to go about getting surgery, but the option is still always there for the future. so don't fret!!

good luck to everyone!
I have the same exact problem Im 25 years old And married with two children  had a c section with my youngest child and my mons pubis seemed to get bigger with each child :( Im not over weight but I now have extra flab from the c section and stretch marks. I've been married for almost 8 hrs and I still feel uncomfortable and deformed during inter corse to where I I cover my self or turn off the lights. I've thought about lypo but there is no way I could afford it because we live pay check to pay check and get public assistance. I understand how it feels I also was made fun of and I've been mocked during sex with ex boy friends calling it a FAT PUS** !!!! I hate my body so much :(
I just want to add that I'm sure this problem is hormone related and not just something you're stuck with. Mine was flat and normal until a few months ago when I had to have hormone injections to temporarily shut down my ovaries. Now it's as described by many of you on here, as the hormone jabs take a few months to wear off. It's swollen and feels like it's full of fluid and feels rather numb. But I am 42, and until I had these jabs it was absolutely 'normal'. The jabs I had make the body react as though it's going through the menopause, so any sort of hormone imbalance could create the same problem, I'm sure. It could be worth getting your hormones checked out.
just like everybody else im going to say WOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE .. lol i actually took the time to read all of these comments .. less then half of you guys are insecure and more than half of you guys arnt .. it makes me feel lbetter in knowing that im not the only one with this problem... ive always been the different one in my family nd felt like a werido and insecure and thought why do i have this ... i honestly think that exercise can help reduce it but not sure if it will ever completely go away .. ive googled and searched up so many opinions and ive even had my mind set on gettin surgery at one point .. but after reading this it makes me not want to because its wat makes me different and i shouldnt care what other people think ... everyones different in your own way and you should cherish it ... ive never had sex before but its not specifically because of that but its because i dont feel like ive found the right person for that even if im 20 yrs old .. everyone should just live thier life and enjoy everything because all the years of your life are going to be spent on constant worry when you could have just enjoyed it ... surgery is a good option but its just a risk and a waste of money .. be proud of you are and what makes you different !

ladies,
all i can say is: be confident in who you are, im sure your all beautifull women, so dont let others opinions get you down. love yourself, and your body, be who you are, and im sure one day someone will love you for it. confidence is much more attractive than your body alone.
Ok, so I've gone thru almost every comment on here.  I am almost 30, have 1 child.  I've had a fatty bulge most of my life, but it's never stopped me from wearing what I want to wear.  Yeah, I get a little self conscious in yoga pants, but it's whatever.  If I could be naked all the time, I would, lol.  Not to sound whorish (as another poster commented), but I've definitely been with my share of men (and probably a few other women's shares too).  None has EVER had an issue.  It is not something to be ashamed of, it just is.  I've actually had more than a few tell me how sexy it is.  I had one really admire it, which was a little odd in and of itself, but kinda made me have a new appreciation for it.  He told me that, according to his family, it was a sign of a woman's fertility.  Now, idk if that's true and trying to find out is actually how I stumbled on this site.  

I don't know that I'd ever consider lipo down there.  It's actually the perfect density for me to just rest my had to fall asleep (very Al Bundy of me, I know).  Now, I'm not skinny mini, or even athletic, but I'm not a hippo either.  It is noticeable to me when I wear tight clothes and even jeans.  But, really, I don't think most ppl pay too much attention to that area, minus pubescent teenagers who are fixated on EVERYONE's genital region.  

Here's my two cents: No man I have ever been with has had an issue.  Yeah, sometimes I have to be just a little more flexible or helpful when it comes to oral, but it's never stopped one.  So, if you are self-conscious about what men are thinking about your fatty, they don't care, or, like the men who have posted on here, they like it.  If you are self-conscious about women looking at it, guess what, they're probably jealous!  We are goddesses... love whatcha got.  And to hel| with the ones who seem to have an issue with our bodies.  It's probably just transferrence anyway.  They don't like something about themselves, so they find something to point out on u.  And if the worst they can point out if a fatty cat, well, hell, i'd rather have a fattie cat than be ignorant!

Oh, and one last thing, for those of you "afraid to be intimate" because of it.  I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't pull out a penis, no guy cares how fat ur mons is.  
I had the pubic mons reduction done last Thursday (5/26) and so far I am very swollen which I expected. If anyone on here is interested i can submit a daily dialogue of my healing pocess. Wish me luck...
hi everyone! i have the same problem and let me tell you that it affect my confidence a lot and mostly in my sexual life. i'm 24 yrs and i already had lipo,it didn't really worked because of my bone structure. but if you want to do it do it you will see a difference and maybe feel more secure.
Ok I may not be a woman but my girl friend is we are both 21 years old and she has the same problem with having a mound of fat above her intimate area it doesn't seem to bother her at all I find I quite a attractive she is not fat and if she does wear tighter clothing it is a noticeable. Just be confident ladies. If you feel someone eyeing you down or laughter it's because they are immature. It may not sound right but if my girlfriend didn't have that area I wouldn't make her look sexy to me at all. Respect your bodies and others will too.....
I have the same problem that everyone has described but I must say it doesn't seem to affect me as much as everyone else! I am conscious that certain things, i.e. bikinis accentuate it but I'll still wear one. My boyfriend has never mentioned it but clearly doesn't have a problem with it. Also, have you realised how many of us have posted this problem on here, how could it possibly be abnormal when there are so many of us!! I think it's fair to say it's more uncommon to have a mons pubis as flat as the ones seen in adult magazines and films. My thoughts on, more cushion for the pushing :)

Hope you all feel better..
I'm so sorry that you ladies are being made to feel bad about the way your body has developed. My fiancée has a large mound, and I think she's beautiful. It's a part of her unique body. Be proud of who you are, because there is someone out there who isn't as socially retarded as those who make fun of you, and when you meet them, none of this will matter. You are all beautiful the way you are.
It makes me feel a little better to know im not the only one. I am 14 and about to start high school. I have noticed my mons pubis ever since I was in the 6th grade. I am 5'5'' and I weigh about 140 pounds. I am trying to lose weight, so hopefully it will go down, But as I have read from your guys, it only makes it stick out more. I live in Hawaii so of course I am gonna go to the beach often. And I have noticed how other girls, even girls bigger than me dont have the same problem... it is uncomfortable to wear shorts or skinny jeans because it bumps out and makes it look like I have a penis. I don't know what to do with it D;
I'm 16 and I've been so upset about mine for yearrrs! i thought it was normal until my sister pointed it out. i never payed much mind to it until i started to lose a lot of weight and it was still "fat". I've been so insecure about it but up until recently I've decided to research it & now that I know its completely normal & that its actually beneficial for when I do decide to be intimate in the far future, i honestly have no problem with it. I can actually look at it now ! Girls own it, cause its a gift! I'm 16, and I'm sick of listening to what society thinks is perfect, I love my body the way it is, and all of you should too because god blessed us with healthy beautiful ones, I'd rather have this then something worse like cancer! But anyways, embrace it !!
All my life I've been feeling like an outcast or as if I'm abnormal. I've been self-conscious about my mons pubis as long as I can remember, I have never been able to lay on my back flat around people not even my significant other because all I can see is this bulk about the size of an apple sticking out of my mons. Never been able to wear a bikini without putting my hands in front of my bikini area, same happens when I wear skinny jeans or anything tight. Then the people staring down there, I hate it!!! I'm 5'6 and weight 122 lbs! I'm not overweight whatsoever, never been... except for that area.

I thought I was the only one on earth dealing with this issue and having these awful feelings about my physical appearance around my bikini area.  But after Googling with "why is my vagina fat? "my pubic area is fat" "mons pubis fat", suddenly came across with this site and read everyone's stories, I felt this heavy weight I've had on my shoulders since childhood disappear! I'm so happy that there's a remedy for this. My only concern is, could this mons liposuction affect my reproduction organs? What if I can't have children in the future due to this procedure?... That scares me a lot!!!  I'd like to post pics of my bulk so people can give me their opinions.... So I'll be coming here later on with my link.

Reminds me that the other morning on my way to work Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' song started playing on the radio and the first thing that popped in my head was how awful I feel about my mons pubis, and how I've always been ashamed of it, but the song made me feel a bit better.

Anyway, to every girl out there.... I'm with you! We're not alone. I wish we could all go to the beach and wear that bikini we're dying to wear without feeling embarrassed because we're all the same. :(

OMG!! Im not alone!! :D
I am so embarrassed by it, that my mom does not even know. No one in the entire world knows! (until now lol)Bcuz of it I hav a VERY low self esteem. It doz not help that I come from a family of beautiful models. I'm 5'9 & 130lb, but i hav a horrible fat deposit on my mons pubis. It's so bad that I can not take a single compliment. Especially with my mom, she tries to make me feel better wen she sees me fussing over a dress or short blouses. I just get upset and feel like crying, she doznt know why. I havnt worn A bathing suit since I was 8 years old! Ahhh
Does anyone who has had a success story, please recommend a experienced surgeon?!! Preferably California :))
To those women who are confident about it, more power to you. I wish I could just ignore and be open about it... But I can not bear the thought of someone knowing about it. Let alone being intimate with someone. I have not had the misfortune of having someone tease me about it. It has to do with my uncanny ability to conceal it lol
I guess I am so worked up by it bcuz my family and friends are so competitive and caty when it comes to appearances. I have shot down so many guys bcuz of my embarrassment. I end up come off as
Sry about the multiple comments,my damn iPhone is being retarded

... I come off as a conceited girl too much into looks (which is not the case at all!!). I kind of dnt care, cuz that way I hav an excuse to not get close with somone.
I guess there are guys out there who do not mind a fat cat... I just do not want to risk it. I doubt a 19 year old boy will b understanding and accepting.
19 year old boys are unexperienced, ignorant, and do not deserve to have sex with anything other than their own hand
I'm soooooo damn happy there are other women like me!! I'm 25 and have been overweight for pretty much all my life but at 18 I started to diet and I did it all wrong, I crash dieted and lost weight FAST.  I lost 7 stone and was left with some serious loose skin on my tummy and arms. Well my arms I've toned 35% with weight lifting and am still working on them, my tummy however needed help so I had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago and at the time I didn't realise my surgeon would do this but apparently as part of the tummy tuck procedure they take the incision low into the pubic mound to pull it up and make it look less saggy.  Well it doesn't look saggy but I'm starting to notice that its a bit big!!! I don't know what to do I don't fancy more surgery and I've been trying so hard to look OKish everything I do seems to put a new problem infront of me. At 25 I've never had sex and I've recently gotten a boyfriend who keeps telling me he loves giving head and how much he wants to spend time with his face between my legs and that just makes me soooo scared that he's just going to take one look and go WTF chick!! and I'm contemplating just breaking up with him to save me the embarrassment, because there's a limit to how much I can keep him waiting :(((
I am 31 years old and have an extremely large mons pubis. Sometimes I wonder if its the biggest of anyone. lol. i am very self conscious about it and I absolutely HATE it!!! I cant wear jeans at all... all of my pants have to be a black cloth. I must say though, I have never had a man say anything negative about it.. my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he LOVES it! He actually says that the sex is so much better because of it :) I dont like it just because it is very uncomfortable and I would kill to wear a pair of jeans. I am overweight but am seriously considering having lipo.. if my boyfriend doesnt get too upset. lol.
I've had this problem since I was 9 and since then, EVERYTHING I do, EVERYTHING I wear is a result of my big self. I am a 21 year old female who has not been able to be sexually active because I feel like once the panties come off the Guy will leave screaming. I've researched and researched this problem and until today I realize I am not alone in this ; which makes me happy and sad because now I know there is more women out there like me and sad because I don't wish anyone to have this. I hate it when people say it's ok and to not make it a big deal because it is. I can't do/wear things normal girls can because if I do my vagina looks "fluffy" :( No bikinis, no short dresses, no leggings. No cute things.
This makes me so self-conscious and sad. I wish this "gift of body individuality" were not mine to carry.
im 25 and have suffered from this condition my entire life-it never became a problem until i started middle school.One very immature little boy noticed my problem and i was nicknamed "cameltoe" from then on.This caught on quickly with the rest of the boys in school and i was tormented relentlessly,I even remember them making fun of me one day in class in front of a sub,i guess they felt they could be a bit more openly cruel in front of him,and to my horror and disbelief the substitute actually laughed when they said it.Yea that will stick with you for awhile,and give you one mother of a complex...Thankfully i met a young man in my freshman year,and im happy to report that ive been married to him for 9 yrs.Not to toot my own horn,but I was very beautiful and Im sure that helped whatever initial shock he had to have felt the first time we had sex.To all the younger ladies out there- If you find the RIGHT kind of young man,it shouldnt be a problem.My husband and I still to this day have NEVER talked about my "fat cat",Ive never heard even a whisper about it from him.If its a problem for him,Im not aware of it but Im still very self conscious about it.Yes sex might be different from an "average" young lady,but really only when its oral.When we first started being intimate and he gave me oral pleasure,he would simply part my lips back and go to town lol.Now after being together for eleven yrs,its become routine.If he goes down on me,i part them for him without any prompting and its never an issue.For him.Of course for me it can still be embarrassing,but I think its really only from my point of view.Yes its extremely discouraging to try on lingerie on your honeymoon and see this ginormous bulge sticking out,and then gigantic labia majora sticking out the sides and bottom to boot,but my man has never uttered a word about it-he has always seemed genuinely turned on regardless of how I may have felt.Its not any consolation but if you date a man that you are attracted to,and one that isnt one of the immature snobby jock fellas that are super into appearances,I think youll be pleased when you do finally get up the courage to have sex.Id LOVE LOVE LOVE to embrace my fluffy kitty and flaunt it for the world but it still is a major problem for ME.Im not at all offended by the male postings on here,in fact theyve actually made me smile and Im glad that they are so nice and havent posted any cruel snide remarks but I do have to wonder if they are picturing in their heads the type of mound of venus like on the greek statue that someone posted a link of earlier or if they are picturing what i have a feeling most of us are talking about,like in that surgery before and after pic? I know since its such a problem for all of us,and we all think its sooo ugly,how could any man POSSIBLY think that having a t#@t the size of a grapefruit and majora lips as thick and big as two 6 oz steaks is sexy??But if they like it,then im glad to hear it!...
but the real reason ive posted - ive heard about the liposuction...sounds like its just a problem thats doomed to rear its ugly head again,kind of like Hydra.But what about the labia majora and pubic mons surgery?Has anyone had this ??Id love to hear success/failure stories-my husband just got a significant raise and im planning on getting this done next year,if i see that the results yielded are worth it
I am a 24 year old mother with some fat bits, and I've got to tell you all that if you're going to spend your lives worrying about how to cater to society's idea of a perfect woman--there's no level of surgery or anything that is going to make your life better. You'll always find something you think they want from you. You'll always be looking for a way to make men happy, and the men you're trying to make happy aren't worth it.

When I wear a tight pair of paints, it always bulges. It's insane, and for the longest time I was embarrassed like I was some sort of Victor Hugo character lol but the truth is, I just had to find my style and work with my body. I wear shirts that go below my crotch to cover it if I wear tight pants, because...I realize it and I want dignity. It's like being a woman with a large chest. It's cute to show it off sometimes, but it isn't something you want hanging out all over the place simply because you have it. Part of being an attractive woman is being a dignified woman. I used to think it sucked that I couldn't wear little bikinis, then I realized--some articles of clothing just aren't for me. I'm a curvy woman with large hips and a big butt--So I opt for the pin up style bathing suits. I look for clothes that flatter my image instead of trying to fit into clothing that will only accentuate what could be considered my flaws, but I don't see it that way. When I wear a tight pair of pants, my boyfriend loves it. I don't know wtf it is, but he does and it still amazes me. I had some really mean guys, and I let it get to me. For the longest time I didn't know if I could believe him when he said that he liked it, and maybe for some of you you've had people say something downright nasty and it's stuck with you. Well...screw them. Women want to court the world, and it just isn't realistic. We can't fit into everyone's idea of beautiful and we should learn to appreciate our own form of beautiful. Geeze!  Don't any of you find odd little things attractive in a man or woman? Flaws? Quirks? What makes a person unique? Do you want the cookie cutter male who wants the cookie cutter female? Rock your individuality, stop trying to make the wrong men happy, and flatter yourself! Geeze. You want to get so worked up and look into spending money on having your beautiful bodies mutilated. C'mon, girls. You need to rock your imaginative sides and find the clothes and the men who are right for you.

Besides...it's shock absorption ;-)

Hey guys. Ahhh! My whole life I have struggled with this as well! Bathing suits, workout pants and even jeans and capri's!!! I have to wear long shirts when I wear workout clothes or capri's. It's so embarrassing. But ladies, about the "I'm nervous about what guys will think" comments. I have been with a lot of guys and have been even open with a few of them about it and they literally either don't care, or even notice it. Feew!!! But there really is no excercise nor treatment to get rid of it 'unfortunately' but liposuction is the only way to go. :( but if your like me and liposuction is not for you, there are many things about yourself that you can appreciate and just except that we ALL have flaws. :) I know its rough but I have found that "low ride" jeans do wonders and just getting over the fact that we all can't look perfect in a teeny weeny bikini!!! :p I hope this helped because this has Been something I have always struggled with but ladies, your not the only one!!!! It's EXTREMELY common. I've actually heard from some guys that girls with no fat can be quit uncomfortable during intercourse. :) hooray for us!!! ;) 'more cushion for the pushen baby!!' we can't all look like Victoria secret models with NO vaginas now can we???
i completely agree we should all rock our own bodies! ive lived with this my entire life and in no way am i wanting surgery for a man-my husband has NEVER said a word about it,except to say that i am beautiful etc.Hes never seemed turned off and hes never been anything but extremely enthusiastic about sex.BUT- my wishing for surgery is not what i would consider conforming to societys standards.its for ME.i dont want to wear tiny bikinis,i dont have the body for it anyway! But i would like to put on a pair of tight capris and not have to find a 10 foot long shirt to go over it-id like to put on the shirts that i love and want to wear! yes i could let it hang out-but i myself do not like the way it looks and dont feel comfortable.Ive found my own way of dressing just as all of you have-but i still feel as if im being held back from wearing what i really want to wear.Im perfectly content with the rest of my body,but this one problem has constantly loomed over me for well over 15 yrs and its obviously not going away.I think that if i were going to accept it as "beautiful" i most likely would have by now-ive tried many different things to accept it but it hasnt fully worked.Im much more comfortable with it than i used to be thats for sure,and sometimes i will wear something i want to regardless if its noticeable or not,but im always conscious of it.I get tired of people staring or laughing if i do try and rock it-that to me has the opposite effect of trying to accept it and love it.This is the one thing about my body that has consistently bothered me for yrs so i do think i will get the surgery just so I can be happy-not to please ANYONE else.On that note-ive found online that if you have a smaller mons bulge-liposuction is probably the best route,although it can come back.But if its bigger and/or your labia are thick as well,surgery is the way to go.You can get a labiaplasty majora coupled with a mons pubis surgery,that actually takes the fat and tissue out instead of just suctioning some of it.that tends to give much better results-but i will say i have never seen before and after pic yet where a large mons went completely down to a "victoria secret model's" mons/vagina.Most still have some bulge-but ive seen some pretty big differences,and at this point-i would take ANYTHING over what i have! Id love to hear from more women who have had this operation or liposuction even,just to get their input.This surgery is alot less common than say a labiaplasty minora,and its hard to find alot of information from women who have actually had it done...and on a last note-if you can accept what you have and love it,then GO FOR IT!I am SOOOO happy and excited for anyone that loves their large labias and mons and rocks it like the diva she is!!!
http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pubic-lift-monsplasty-dr-barry-eppley-indianapolis.jpg

ive found several before and after pics-this one i thought was really quite good-most women with a bulge that is more than a small one are not going to get COMPLETELY rid of it,but it can be reduced and lifted so that it barely or wont show at all in clothing and the puffiness reduced considerably.Keep in mind she had a tummy tuck with the monsplasty hence why scar is so big
I am 21 years old and I have this problem..I feel like it is the most embarrassing thing in the whole world..I think it started when I started to hit puberty but I'm not positive because I feel like it has been an issue my whole life.. I always find myself looking at everyone else's area when I'm somewhere I have to wear a bikini..I have only ever seen it on very large women..and I might be a little chunky but I'm still a pretty small girl..and can I just say it out loud..I have a fat, round pubic area!!!!! I seriously always thought I was alone..like maybe I had some sort of cancer or disease or something..I've even gone as far as searching hermaphrodites to see if I was born with both or something and my mother just never told me...I know that sounds crazy.. but I seriously always thought something was very wrong..cuz none of my friends have this and when I change in front of ppl I can just feel everyone judging me..like they think I have balls or a penis or something!.. now that I get yearly exams, I have been told I have a textbook vagina..but I have never asked my doctor about the fat.. the thought of admitting it to someone in person just hurts my feelings..I have a serious boyfriend that I live with and he has never once mentioned it and we shower together everyday..he has never ever complained or made me feel bad about it..but i still feel so ashamed of it and hate to be naked because of it...so yes I would eventually like to have it fixed or removed or whatever but for now I can't afford it.. .I just wish it wasn't veiwed as a cosmetic servery so that my insurance would cover it..:(..I feel like it takes over my mind..why is it thereeeee???!!!!!!!!! Ahh it makes me want to screaaammmmmmm!!!..and this is seriously the first time I have ever talked about it.. its that embarrassing.   So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm so sorry other women have this issue but yet so relieved to know I'm not alone... .....maybe we should call Oprah! Lol
Oh and to add to my last comment... I am 5 foot 140 lbs with large breasts( d cup) and I'm a little thicker than I'd like to be but I don't think most ppl would classify me as fat..kids always did in high school but I now think it was because most of.the girls I went to school with were twigs with no meat on them at all.. ....I want to let the younger girls know that once high school is over people don't make fun of your large Mons like they do when your in school..  I was in college until last year and never once did I hear a male complain.. I'm not saying you will be comfortable with it...but other people don't care as much when ur out of high school....high schoolers are immature and are still insecure about their own bodys..so putting u down makes them feel better about themselves.. anyways.. ill stop rambling..I just keep seeing very young girls say they have the same issue I do and I want u to know it gets easier..:)..even tho we are still worried what ppl think..we definitely think about it more than everyone else does I'm sure!!
I am only 15 years old, about 5'1 or 5'2 and I weigh about 110 pounds.  When I was in 4th grade, I was a little chubby, so I decided to eat healthier and exercise, and I got rid of that fat easily, but my mons pubis is still so fat!  I am so self conscious in bathing suits and underwear because of it.  All my friends are flat down there and I just wish I could be too!  I also now it is not genetic because nobody in my family has it.  I am so embarrassed and I dont know what to do! I am nervous for when I become sexually active in the future.  The only options I have seen so far are just embracing it or getting surgery.  The last thing I I want to do is embrace it!  And I know I am too young for surgery.  I pray every night that I can just be like my friends in that area, but nothing ever changes....
I have read many of the posts here, had not seen a male's point of view, and thought that I would offer my own. I even created a profile just so I may be of some comfort to one person out there.
I can understand that it may be uncomfortable and this is FAR easier for me to say that it is to do, but don't worry about it. To the young ladies on here, please do not run out and get some cosmetic alteration the first chance you get. It truly is not that big of a deal as far as finding a boyfriend. If he cannot see you for who you are, he is undeserving of any gift you would have to offer.
I have dated a two women that with a large mons pubis, one was embarrassed the other was proud. One lady mentioned it's like having large breasts. I think you just have to be comfortable with the body you have and celebrate the differences that make us ALL unique.
Hi girls,
normally i just read blogs and rarely respond, but I feel it would plague me with guilt to keep this to myself....I HAVE HAD MONS PUBIS REDUCTION SURGERY!
A few things about my body so that I am able to help in different areas. I had always had a larger mons even before I was a teenager. When I turned about 13 I put on a significant amount of weight which actually ballooned my small 5"4 frame to well over 300 lbs. needless to say, my mons grew even larger, even though it was barely seen underneath my belly. with the help of an extremely strict diet and copious amounts of exersize, i dropped a little over 100 lbs. I felt great, except that even at a slimmer 210 lbs, my mons had not decreased. Because of severe excess skin and constant discomfort, i underwent an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to remove about 8 lbs of skin. I hinted to the doctor about my mons and asked if this surgery was the answer. He lifted my excess skin and inferred that by lifting the skin, the mons would flatten! HALLLELUJAH! Or so i thought....
the morning I was able to unbandage my abdomin (abdomen), i was utterly shocked to find that my gorgeous new tummy led down to a now EVEN BIGGER mons sticking far out. I was devastated. I know for some of u reading this, i must sound ungrateful since I was able to have a tummy tuck, however, the mons pubis potrusion effected my every day life to the point of hindering me. I spent years uncomfortable during sex, especially oral, thinking he would have to look over a mound to see my face from down there. i have never had any guy mention it to me but I use so many tricks while in bed to trick the eye.....
anyway, finally , when I was 25, single and living in nyc, I decided to open up for the first time with anyone else about me and the mons. (oh, and i should mention I continued my weight loss journey since losing 100 lbs at 17 and was down to a happy and healthy 135 lbs......MONS AND ALL)
I researched the best doctors in mons pubis reduction and finally settled on dr. hunter in nyc. Within a month i was set to "go get flat"  the surgery went great and everything healed the way it should.
I want to say to all you beautiful girls that to this day, I dont like my mons! even after all that work and stress and money. i am able to feel normal standing and in tight clothing but naked lying down because my stomach is so flat (i know, weep weep) my moms STILL sticks out! i recently pointed it out to a close friend who has always been skinny with a rather flat mons, and almost like it was nothing she said "youre supposed to have a potrusion there....mine is so weird, its like the meatless vagina...im so self conscious of it"
every since then, I have taken small steps to accepting my mons pubis. I wont lie, I still wish it was flat, but I have a sexy man that loves my vagina and little by little , (especially with these blogs) i have learned its probably a bigger deal to me than it ever was to any guy.

-P-
how are you doing now?
Let me make this clear right away, I'm not doing this for a man.  I have had this problem since my aunt first pointed it out to me (age 8) at the beach. She thought I had a pad on. Since then I have become a master at hiding it. And I have no problem picking out clothes (years of experience), But let me tell you, sometimes i get brave and try on a bikini, i end up taking it off and feeling like S__it.
   i had no problem with attracting men, and women. I'm 5'4 125lbs and i'm in my early 20's. I have a loving fiancé (he sees nothing wrong) we have been going steady for 6 years and our sex life is great, but after we are both satisfied, I'm always reaching for my panties, because I know I feel comfortable that way. I don't want to experience rude comments anymore, I want to wear whatever I want, I want to lie face up after sex and not try to cover myself up, I want to swim and dance ballet with out the skirts. Some people say there is nothing wrong, thats their opinion. But I finally have the money to go through with the surgery, and after it is done I will feel more like a woman than I ever have. I don't want a bony skinny thing, I just want to reduce the fat tissue to my liking.
   I know this happened for a reason, It has humbled me in ways that could not have been possible without my mons. people wonder, how is she so pretty and beautiful in the inside...thank my mons pubis. But its fulfilled its purpose, its time for me to feel free.
Before being married, I had a very active sex life. I've always known that my mons pubis was puffier compared to my friends and sisters, but thought it was normal because no one said otherwise. It didn't really affect me until recently. My husband asked me why it was so puffy and he finds it unattractive. Apparently it has affected our sex life greatly and I can't afford to have the surgery.
I hate mine, I won’t let my husband turn on the lights during sex and I make him leave the room when I change pants or I leave the room to change.
When we first started dating I was nerves’ the first time we did it and thought about it the hole time but he didn’t say anything so I thought it wasn’t as bad as I thought. So one day I wanting him to play with me down there so I put his hand in my pants on it and he jerked his hand out real quick so of Corse I thought it was because of the size but I tried to play it off, I said fine I guess you don’t want sex and then he said the words that I can’t get out of my head ( he said no it’s just that your big down there ) I could feel my face turn red so I turned it away from him I felt tears coming and my throat tighten I was about to cry he started to studier and say I mean it’s just different then other girls then he got mad and walked away he new he hurt my feelings.
And he did.
After a while I was able to get intimate with him again and he went down on me I was so nerviest but I wanted it so bad in till I heard him taking big breathes in between it was as though he was bobbing for apples it’s not that it smelt and I’m not lose in side but I got this pitcher in my head that I was so big that I covered his hole face I mad him stop and never asked him to do that again.
I hate this.
I have a flat stomach and I’m not over weight. Some times I hit it and leave bruises. I where bikini bottoms for under where cause it seems to suck it in.  
I am glad that I found this platform to share our opinions and common confrontations. I strogly feel that we need to accept the nature as it is, and get along with it. But it doesn't simply mean that we have to put up with the problem. My concern lies not in the problem but in resolving the problem. Most of us have got problems in wearing short tops with trousers..especially formal suits and pencil skirts. The mound looks protruding out literally when we wear such out fits. Forget the surgeries as it involves lots of personal risk and time to heal and What do you think the best way to dress up? I have always wondered, if is there any custom made pantie or sculpting under garment that can soften the bulge and you can enjoy wearing at least the formal suits if not the cycling tights and yoga pants!!!! Can any one come up with any tips and suggestions???  

Thank you

Thank you
I am 38 years old and have this same problem. I don't even want to think about surgery - I mean how painful is that going to be in the end?? I also cannot wear like cycling pants or whatever and I do feel very self conscious sexually. I am not overweight but not superslim either. I am kinda normal for my age, I guess. But I know exactly what you are talking about especially regarding oral sex. It is very embarrassing. Unfortunately it seems to have got worse as I got older :( Even though I am not overweight, it seems that, when I do lose weight after gaining a few pounds, I just dont lose it there. As for suggestions, I have found that it is sort of easier or less embarrassing during oral sex if you kind of open your labia with your fingers and like push back the bulkiness on the mound itself with your thumbs while your partner is going down on you. I realize that it does feel a bit awkward in the beginning but that way at least it won't make your partner feel like he can't breathe. As for the clothing issue: there is obviously NO way that you can wear cycling tights or yoga pants, etc. What I have found though, is that I can at least wear tight jeans, etc which are sort of low cut (like most jeans are these days) - not too low, just like a normal hipster type and if I wear a nice broad belt with a big buckle, it sort of evens out the bulge below as it all seems kind of in line then. It all depends on the cut of the jeans though. I have found that I can wear "News" jeans with great success but I don't know if they are available all over the world.
Other than surgery and being careful with one's choice of clothing, I really don't know what else one can do!
I came to this website afer feeling momentarily bad about my mons pubis but after reading some of the comments here I have come up with my own conclusion. I no longer care. I have a wonderful boyfriend who has never mentioned it and even if he did I think that it makes our sex life better.

I find myself perpetually comparing myself to the "social norms" of todays celebrities and their stick thin bodies and I know I shouldn't. I have read enough of these posts now to know I am definately not in the minority of women and that we are looking too much into how we think other see us.

**** other people, I just want to be happy with my own body.

For all those people considering surgery ask yourself this. Would I dislike this part of my body without the "social norm" telling me that it is different? If the answer is yes to that question then by all means change your body to how you want it, it's your right to. To everyone, myself included, who answered no to that question - you are not alone, you are not "abnormal", you are not "imperfect". YOU ARE NORMAL! We are all normal! And the sooner we all realise it the better. None of us should judge another person on how they look or by perpetuating the belief that we have to look a certain way to be happy or loved.

It is something that all of us, myself still included, have to remind ourselves everyday. I just hope that we can all do it so that we can have a happier future.
Ive been using self-interaction sexually gor a long time. And, when I have intercourse with my fiance, i can never...climax. I have never experienced it with someone else, and to be honest I think its the 'fat' mons pubis that ive had for as long as I can remember. I am very self-consious when me and my fiance have our nights. He does do the "pokin" in a friendly matter which doesnt help btw. I keep getting embarrassed. Im not over weight...Im hawaiian so I have a bigger frame, but..skinny and fit.
I grew up with my mom when I was a teenager, and she was a body builder. So, guess what foods were.in th house? Extremely healthy! Including athletic participation constantly. That 'fat' just below my abdomen would not go away. Lipo-surgery is definitely not for me..working out has been mandatory basically my whole entire life..and I have problems with it during intercourse.
I'm only fifteen. My mons pubis is enormous. I have a very big, protruding pubic bone, lots of fat "down there" (as well as my mons pubis fat) and on top of THAT, I also have a very very large labia majora (minora? Don't know, but my labia are also big).
I am only 90 pounds. I'm very underweight for my age, yet I have SO MUCH fat down there. And it is indeed fat that's down there -- I can pull up all of the skin surrounding my labia (not my labia itself. I know my anatomy -- it's actual fat around the whole "vaginal" area, from my pubic area to my vagina is ALL fat) and it's become ridiculous.

I actually remember when I was a lot younger and didn't have this. I believe when I was about 12 I started noticing this. I hate it.
Absolutely nobody has influenced my negative opinion on this. I, myself, hate it and don't care if anyone out there actually likes it... I hate it on myself. If I were to do something to it, it would be for myself, not anyone else. Why do I have this? How is it possible that I'm extremely skinny yet I have a ton of fat down there?!
I see so many pictures of girls and they're literally FLAT down there. I mean, even girls in real life that I know can wear leggings and not look like they have male genitals.

Oh god, someone help me. Please. I need to reduce the fat down there somehow, effectively. I think about it every single day of my life, and I will NOT settle for just "living with it". I guarantee you that is much, much easier said than done.
PLEASE! Someone, please, help me. I need a way to reduce the fat down there... preferably without surgery. If there is no way to do it then I suppose I'll be thinking about surgery for it once I'm eighteen or so.
My e-mail is originalaspects at hotmail *******. If anyone could help me out on this, I'd be very very very grateful. Thanks.
I also was reading up on this and many can't afford lipo. So....I saw one suggestion that would work, along with losing any extra weight you may have. It is having on top sex and lots of it. It would push that area back and forth and exercise it more than any other part of your body. I'm serious, I did see this suggestion and I do believe it could work. I won't be finding out anytime soon, I haven't found my special man yet!
I also have a large one...

...but I don't mind!

It's good for balancing laptops and beer cans on, and my boyfriend actually really LIKES it! A lot of guys do, actually. It's one of those places where fat=fertility, like your boobs and butt. So as long as it's not saggy, they're programmed to find it attractive - though I doubt most of them consciously know it.

LADIES! It is NOT ugly! Personally I think women with smooth flat crotches look a little weird...like barbie dolls.

And as for bikinis...you're right, you can't wear all of them. But that doesn't mean you can't wear ANY of them! Like all clothes, different cuts are flattering to different figures. Just try on a bunch of different ones! (hint-angles and sharp corners are not your friends - go for rounded cuts with low and small leg holes)

And surgery - I'm not anti-surgery at all, but think how much it hurts to get pinched or bruised down there. Now multiply that by a hundred. Ouch!

And one more thing to think about:
All of you seem really surprised that so many people feel the same way. I bet a bunch of people you know in real life feel it too. Have you noticed a large mons pubis on them? They probably haven't noticed it on you, either.
I felt the same way when I was your age, don't worry about it, you're not weird.

Just alike a lot of the stuff people your age hate about their body (acne, greasy hair, stuff like that), I promise it looks about a million times worse to you than it would to someone who feels the same way about mon pubises.

We're our own toughest critics. I've been trying to find a way to stop myself from being so critical of myself, but I haven't done it yet. It really helps to remember that no ones as tough on us as we are on ourselves, though.

(also, my weight has fluctuated a LOT of the years, so mine has gotten bigger and smaller ... and having a fatter mons pubis definitly adds something to sex. I'm not say go have sex! Just that there ARE perks.)
            7 DAYS POST OP !!

To everyone who is considering surgery, i am 7 days post op and im pleased with my results already, even though i am still swollen at this early stage. I know exactly how you all feel, everything you have described i can relate to.
Its fine for people to say - learn to love yourself, men find it attractive, yes you are normal, you should be proud of it, blah blah blah ! well i know it might make us ladies feel better at that specific moment in time, but when the time comes for intimacy,  you go try on certain clothes, want to go swimming etc reality comes crashing back down on you, and then you are back to square one, feeling bad about yourself all over again, i have been feeling that way since about the age of 12 and im now 29.
I have had 3 consultations with surgeons over the past 6 years about what can be done but never had the courage to go through with it until now.

I ended up having to have liposuction of the fatty pad/mons pubis and also skin excision to remove the left over excess skin so it would be flatter and lifted. I have never been over weight and my stomach has always been flat, and no matter what people tell you there is no way of losing weight in that area, the only option is surgery of some sort. I had to pay privately for my surgery as this type of procedure is not available on NHS which i think is really wrong, if someone has small breasts and they feel masculine they get free breast implants, yet something like this which also makes women feel masculine would get no help at all, it doesn't make sense to me.

I really feel for all of you, im so glad i have finally gone through with the surgery and got rid of it, i have actually booked a summer holiday already, i cant wait to be able to wear a bikini and tight shorts ! something which i have never done before purely because of the fat area "down there".
Anyway, if anyone has any questions i would be happy to help if i can.
I'm not alone! Ah what a relief! I thought I was some sorta freak or something was wrong with me. I'm 21 and weigh 145lbs. I thought that if I lost weight that it'd just go away or the size would reduce but that didn't happen.. I've never worn bikini bottoms and I always get asked why I don't and why I always swim in swimming shorts, it gets so hard to keep making up lies to tell even my best friends. It's just embarrassing to me. My husband has never said anything about it before so I'm guessing he doesn't mind. I can't even wear sexy clothes for him. Ugh! I wish I was more confident about my body and just not care. People shouldn't be so judgmental about something we can't help (unless you have thousands to spend on surgery... I don't! Lol) everyone here who is going through what I am has really helped me. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)
Well girl,its been about a week since your post-any changes since then??How badly did the surgery hurt and are you still hurting or having anything abnormal happen? If youve noticed,the few ladies on here who have posted that theyve had surgery have not exactly went into too many details.I WANT AS MANY AS YOU CAN THROW AT US,that is,if you dont mind LOL.PLEEEEASE share EVERYTHING that youd like to,as you may be one of only a handful of ladies on the entire web with the courage to do so.Ive googled and looked and looked for hours and hours over several yrs with barely any information or commentary about the surgery-i think any and all info that you could provide would help sooooooooo many women like us-and it could help them decide no they actually dont want to go that route or give others on the fence the courage to go for it.Does it hurt EXCRUTIATINGLY when you come right out of surgery? Did you have your labia majora reduced as well and do you see a major difference in the whole thing?Who was your dr so that other ladies may consult him if they wish to have the surgery? i dont mean to ask so many questions and/or be so pushy im just asking what i think MANY MANY ladies are dying to know!
Has anyone had the actual mons reduction SURGERY,where they cut you not lipo you,and the labia majora reduction surgery to go with it?????inquiring minds would LOVE to know!
i am so happy that i found this site, i am 17, i really didnt know that there were so many women with the same problem as me. reading through the comments i have found a little reassurence in the way i look. i have been trying to find a surgeon to perform surgery still no luck... YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!! X
Hi all !
Im now 3 weeks post op and the swelling is starting to go down, im happy with the results i am seeing, although they said swelling can take up to 12 weeks to go so it will hopefully look even better with time. I will try give as much info as i can but if there is anything specific you would like to know then feel free to contact me.
So my surgery was lipo of the fat pad/mons and skin excision which has left a 3 inch scar, but this can be hidden by pubic hair. The surgery wasnt painful, it was done under general anaesthetic (which does bump the price up a fair bit !) not sure if it can be done under local, but i wouldnt fancy that myself ! immediatly after surgery it felt like razor burn and was a bit sore when i was getting on and off the bed and sitting down, this continued for about a week, it felt like if you dry shave and scratch yourself with the razor, and felt very bruised, no real pain, just uncomfortable, nothing to shout about. I did not have labia majora reduction it was just lipo and uplift. I stayed in hospital for 1 night and had to rest for 2 weeks at home, after 2 weeks i was back at work with minimal pain which is helped by paracetamol. I do see quite a bit of a change in the whole area and it has given me confidence already, i cant wait for the rest of the swelling to go away and see the final result ! If i had to go through with it again then i would, because it was worth it and not really as painful as i expected.
At the moment the area is still uncomfortable, Its not sore to touch, but if i lay on it by mistake at night it hurts as there is still deep bruising, its also numb and hard, but this is all normal as lipo is very traumatic for the cells under the skin. Swelling can be a problem in this area obviously due to gravity, so you need to be really patient.
Its quite strange how it affects you mentally also, i was stood a certain way the other day and thought "oh maybe people can see it so i had better move" but then i thought "no ! its not there anymore" ! quite strange actually in a good way !

Not sure if i have covered everything you wanted to know, but please ask if there is anything else and il do my best to answer.
Hi, I'm glad you were brave enough to go through with the lipo, I've been thinking about this for about 5 years. I am too afraid to get close to another guy since the last time....we were just lying caressing and he seemed to sort of 'notice' my fat bulge, then he batted it and it wobbled! I saw him physically wince, and I've never been the same since.

Life is too short not to try and help ourselves out of our problems...sure, we'd all like to conform to 'normality', but when that's not possible? I'm fed-up letting life pass me by and would love to share myself again and re-gain my confidence. I'm saving up and hopefully will be able to go ahead this summer.

Continued great health and happiness Huntress!    
So glad that I'm not the only one has this, you know what i mean.. .
when i googled it, surgery is commonly the best solution. But, i can't afford it and it's risky to our health. So, as i read all the discussion, i'm relieved because i'm not the only one who has this and i also experience some of those problems like wearing bikinis and whatever. Every time i see girls i always observe their, you know, but they're flat and it makes me feel uncomfortable about myself. So, i'll just get over it and accept it.

i really do hope that what justme2012 shared about bike, helps reduces the bulging. And let's not be ashamed of what we have, it's a gift and we're special :)))))).
Everyone else has abnormality, maybe not this kind but with their other parts of the body.

I have the same problem it's getting worse and it's takin over my life, I finely booked my surgery and have it n two months I can,t wait. Have you ha yours done and how do you feel. X

I have finely booked my Surrey after years of torturing myself, I wanted to know does it look droopy after I'm scarred I,ll be flatter but have big lips

Thank you
X
I'm 28, & I have always thought I was the only person with this problem. I know GOD makes everyone unique but I must admit there were times I loathed taking my clothes off in front of my partner because of this. I used to cry, and wish I could be like the other girls growing up. I don't believe I could ever do the surgery, I thought/hoped maybe there were exercises that would help reduce it somewhat, but I guess I will have to learn to love what I've been given. Just want to say thanks to all of you who have shared on here, seriously, it has helped to know that I'm not the only one. :')
i have this too i wear long tops to cover the buldge i had it since i can remember i feel really embarred to get unchanged infroint of my partner he said he doesnt mind it but i carnt help turn around when i get unchanged when i lie flat it bumps out more than my stomach i have alot of problems on my body but this is the worst i dont feel femanine i just want a flat skinny vagina not one that looks like a bread bun ;) i feel better am not on my own but still doesnt change how i feel about it the nhs should pay free as this knocks confidence and self esteem!
I didn't get a chance to read through each comment on here but if anyone hasn't mentioned it already -- the problem may be correlated to a hormonal imbalance, specifically estrogen. Estrogen is a hormone that -- if secreted in normal amounts -- maintains the female reproductive structures and secondary sex characteristics. Secondary sex characteristics include distribution of adipose (fat) tissue in the breasts, abdomen, hips, and you guessed it, the mons pubis.

I am not only sharing this to educate everyone but because I too have been struggling with the same problem. Didn't go to the doctor for this reason but because I had an irregular menstrual cycle. Learned more about hormonal imbalances and what not.. Anyways, my point is: if the problem isn't a structural issue (your pelvic bone naturally protrudes .. as some people on here have said) then there probably is hope for you. Don't be shy, go talk to your doctor, tell him or her what you're going through, your symptoms, etc.. they may just be able to help you.
Im 20 yo and have this exact problem. I didnt use to think much about it since i wasnt fat, but once i started going out with my bf i became really self concious of it, and once he deployed and asked me to "support him" i was mortified to take pictures in really tiny underwear or in nothing at all!  I kept comparing myself to all those über skinny girls on tv. But once i found the courage to take one picture he REALLY liked it.
As i kept workin out and reading all this stuff about getting in shape (i didnt want to have ANOTHER thing to be self concious about!!) i realized that i WAS fat. You couldnt see it, but the fat was there. So i started REALLY working out (so that when i pinched the fat on my stomach it was about only 1/2 an inch thick) and it did wonderful things for my pubic area!! Now im not saying im as glat as a ruler down there, but its definitely not as fat ad before. The pubic bone still sticks out a bit and when i pinch my fat down there its only about one inch thick. Still thick i know, but i can now wear smaller and tighter underwear and not look like i have some invisible balls that are only visivle when i wear underwear. Exercise and a good diet are wonderful for your southern self confidence!! I hope this helps as it helped me!! (hint i do about two hrs of cardio plus leg work out to still try and lose more pubic fat) good luck!!!
i have this same problem too, but the weird thing is i have 3 sisters, and we all have it. my daughter also has it, so i dont know if its genetic because our family is very open about it and my aunts tell us that hey have it too. i never knew the actual name, but i do know how it feels to not be able to wear nice bikinis, tights, etc... i struggled in jr.high when some group of guys made fun of me, it was the most embarassing time of my life. i would go home crying and i remember i had a boyfriend and he broke up with me cause of what they would say, but they thought it was my pubic hair that it was bushy. i do sometimes get embarassed to be naked with my husband, i always leave my underwear on. I never knew what it was called until now, thank you all so much for letting me know i am not different! there is many of us, and i like this little community. i read the comments and kept saying to myself, that is so me, i went through that, and i do the same thing too. i feel relieved that my sisters and i are not alone, and you know what girls i have not had a single complain from my husband if anything he tells me that i am super sexy and he likes my body how it is. but i would like to say that i would like to have it flat like other girls only for the bikini and tights.
Im 16 and I have the same problem, makes me want to cry because I have to wear long shirts to cover the mound. I feel awkward when I where anything tight. It looks like a boner. I feel so ugly :(
im 15 anf I have the same exact problem I got it from my mom though and I dont know how she can live with that she has never really cared and sais its a turn on she saia that both her husbands loved it and did not find it abnormal but im a teenager and I feel uncomfterble wearing certan clothes and especially bathing suits so I always go swimming with shorts.. Since surgury is not an ooption now since im 15 I would like to know if boys would find it wierd or disgusting or if there is anything I can do to make it less visible plz help
Girl, all my heart goes out to you!

I went through the same when I was starting high school which wasn't too long ago. You can do one of two things:
-Adapt, learn how to hide it and up-play any other features you particularly like. I learned how to hide it right, did my thing during high school and despite my fat mons, nobody noticed (Thank God for oversized school uniforms though)
-Own it, love it, and wear what you want. Don't think for a second about what other people say, even if you hear them talk. Women come in all shapes and sizes, and there are so many of us here on this forum! And trust, there's a certain segment of the male population that LOVE girls like us. This takes a little longer to realize, but you'll get there girl.
ALL MY HEART goes out to you. Don't let any one else's judgements get you down.
Ladies, keep your heads up <3

High school is a tough time for this. It made all of us feel ugly at one point, and it makes me feel the same. I promise you though, there are a lot of people out there, who, though they don't say it, LOVE it.. men and women alike.  You may experience a lot of both. I got through those times by wearing oversized shirts with leggings, dresses, or sweats.. all of which can be amazing if worn right.

It's much easier said than done, but it can help to make yourself a little more comfortable and less ugly-feeling by discovering that part of your body more, getting to know it and such. It may not feel like it, but it is beautiful because it is part of you, and you are beautiful people.

for the huntress, where did you have it done how much did it cost? thanks!
Omggg I love this forum.

I am 21 years old, and I have been dealing with this problem since I was about 12. I HATE IT. I have been with 4 guys none of who have ever said anything...my current boyfriend literally thinks I'm crazy and I finally got the courage to tell my best friend like a year ago and she even thinks I'm nuts...but for real it is the worst feeling ever.

Funniest part is that I thought I was totally alone but then in my freshman year of college, my roommate turned out to have the same problem!! I was like so relieved to know I wasn't the only one, and she said guys never even noticed hers either.

Anyway, I am DESPERATE to get the liposuction...I don't care how expensive, how risky, or how much skin will be left...like for real--it's not about pleasing a man, it's about being comfortable in my own skin which I have been unable to do ever since I hit puberty because of this problem...I hate not being able to wear tight dresses or skirts, no bikini bottoms...only skirt bottoms, not running around in my underwear or changing in a room with people because I'm soooo worried about this issue...and I never go out of the house if my shirt or cami doesnt come down far enough to that area.

I can't wait to get a real job when I graduate college and put money away for the surgery...I've already emailed a dr who said it should be about 2000-3000 so that's my goal.

Good luck to all of you and I'm sure you're all gorgeous but anything that can enhance self esteem, I say go for it...we all deserve to feel beautiful.
Im so happy to find this forum!!  but sad so many other girls suffer the same as I do...  I felt like crying as I read the posts coz I realized I was not alone with this issue & it has the same negative effect on others self confidence as mine.  Ive had it since about 9 years old, Ive been slim most of my life but it was always there. Problems wearing jeans, shorts, swimwear etc. Ive put on weight lately after I broke up with my boyfriend which has made it worse.  Iv been too scared to be intimate with anyone for the last few years - because of it!!  its effected my life terribly coz its kept me single & isolated.  And there has been sum mean or thoughtless comments over the years.   But apart from that, just buying good jeans to go out is soo hard, then trying to get long tops that cover up but still look good.  All my friends & models in magazines can wear any pants & look normal.  Its such an embarassing, awkeward thing to live with..  People do stare at your crotch if u dont get it right!!   But I do feel better after reading all your posts, not so alone & a bit more normal now! : ) xx
I have this problem and no matter how "sexy" some men on this site may find it I am constantly uncomfortable. I cant wear tight pants and even normal pants bunch around my mons awkwardly. I sit with my purse in my lap constantly because it bothers me how big it looks. I was trying on a form fitting sweater dress and it looked like i was a transvestite who forgot to tuck in his junk.... :'(
Omg I am so happy I found this site I have been struggling with the same problem I can't wear leggings because it's do noticeable I even thought I had a tumor! Thank god I'm not alone on this I hope we all find out why we have this:/
I've been doing quite a bit of research for years since its been a problem for

myself. Ive had it for as long as I can remember and I remember always

being self conscious about it and looking at other little girls and noticing how

different I was from them. It seems to be that fat collection is very easy

here, just like the lower abdomen. Because women have a higher

percentage of fatty tissue in the body than men it is more prominent in

women. If you are unsure if it could be a high mons pubis bone or just fat, I

recommend just checking yourself out. Lay on a flat surface with your legs

flat and press down on the mons, feel how far down your bone is, feel if

you could dig your way through the fat. It most likely will be a build up of

fatty tissue. It could actually also be hereditary. I actually have cousins

who have it much much worse than I do. And a lot of women are simply

born with it. As far as solutions, Ive applied fatty reducing cremes

and soaps several years back from a dietician in Tijuana, Mexico and I

believe it worked slightly. I have some right now but I have not constantly

applied it recently to conduct an experiment. Right now I believe the best

decision would be laser lipo. It is a pubic liposuction and is more cost

effective than regular liposuction, does not have such a long recovery

period, and is designed specifically for small tedious areas of the body

where fats just build up. Good luck ladies, but as of now this would be a

great option.
One guy's opinion: There are certain aspects of your body you can control, and certain aspects you just can't. The size and shape of your bones or general body parts, along with how your body distributes fat, are both things that fall in the second category. Not trying to be crude at all, but the first thing that comes to my mind in finding a comparison is penis size: a lot of guys have spent a ridiculous amount of time worrying over something that just isn't fundamentally changeable. All that time and worry is essentially wasted effort, and preventing them from moving on to more fulfilling aspects of their life. I've seen liposuction mentioned on this forum (which my girlfriend pointed me to, by the way), but that doesn't really solve the underlying problem which is either bone structure or how your body distributes fat. Even if the liposuction works temporarily, the fat will just reaccumulate eventually, not to mention the pain of post-op.  

I would argue for two things: one, if you're overweight (you can calculate your BMI here: http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/) try exercise and dieting. Commonsense, and no pain or money involved.

Secondly, come to terms with your body for what it is. If I meet a girl who thinks my penis is too big or too small, and that's a dealbreaker for her, then we won't date. Simple as that. It's not something I can change and it's not a preference I can change in her, so it's fine---we just both move on. If you meet a guy who feels the same way about your mons (although I have NEVER heard a guy talk about some girl's mons...ever), then you won't date him. Simple as that. Could he possibly be a jerk about the way he expresses that? Sure! But that just makes him a jerk, it doesn't have anything to do with you. Generally speaking, the people who are ONLY interested in your physical attributes aren't ones you want to be dating anyway, but hey if it just happens to be a real turnoff for someone you were interested in, then oh well. It's something that's out of your control.

TL/DR: The sooner you can come to terms with your body for what it is, and accept the things you can and can't change, the happier you'll be. Easier said than done, I know, but there's no time like the present!
Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found this because honestly I thought I was the only one with this problem. I'm 18 yrs old and being very tall and thin this darn area sticks out like crazy. I absolutely hate bathing suits, the ones with the little skirts is about the closest thing I can wear. And super cute high waisted shorts are a no. I've been so self concious about it basically my entire life mostly because I've never had any boyfriends much less even kissed a guy. I've thought about liposuction in the area, but I feel as though it's risky and would mess up nerves or something. Aghhh it's so annoying.
ok ladies, thanks God we r not alone!! I had find myself staring  "down there" to every single women and think: damn!! why I am the only one?? why??? But after reading all your post I feel such a relief to know Im not a freak!  
I didn't even know what was the name of it, didn't thought there was a surgery for that, so I guess somehow I've learned to live with that (but still hating it) . Im 24, average body, but try to be in good shape as possible and I think my problem down there has to be more with bone that fat..
I found that standing up sticking out a little bit -just a little bit -my butt, helps... u get use to it and plus make your back asset stick up (creating a distraction) ;) . I dont cohibit myself from yoga pants..they r so comfy, why r we gona private from them??our life is difficult enough! ..thouse with a "long belt" that you can fold out, work perfect!!! make sure it sits over your butt and in the front covers your mon...it looks stylish and cute!
I dont private myself from bikinis eithers! the low cut works better..ironically the littlier is in the front, the better, I mean: thouse "60's" bottoms hightlight the bulge... the ones that are shorth but width kind of hide it, make sure it has strings on the sides that u can adjust to "flatten" out down there... (not a solution, I still mostly in the water, or with a towel around, or walking a bit fanny, but I still enjoying the pool/beach)
dresses, skirts, are so cute and femine, use them frequently and make  them your signature look  :)
I see on the guys comments, other women experiences and my own, that men dont give a f***!! about it!  :) great!  the guys I've been with have never mention anything about it (or may be they noticed but keep it to themselfs) With my current boyfriend I dont wana brought it up...im afraid he may think: I didn't realize that before...but now that she metion it, oh yeah...looks nasty :S   and for the same reason surgery/lipo wont be and option, how can I get it done without him notice it??
make sure down there is as tan as the rest of your body..other way it would scream by itself: eeey look how big I am!! lol Keep it shave, massage it to stimulate circulation..keep it as pretty as possible...we gotta learn to live in peace with it...
anyways, Im agree that u gotta love yourself the way u r, but I know is hard to love your flaws... ur fat, bony flaws :S. but as you dont make a big deal of that, others wont do it either :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBbZoAEfY8
very interesting Video about surgery, with Pictures of before and after.
Im gonna do a surgery next month
You all have no idea how sexy that is...for most men not boys its a total turn on...in fact you should all send me pictures lol...in all seriousness most guys love it so embrace what you have...its absolutely BEAUTIFUL
I have the same, i went to the the harley group had a consultation and they never came back to me! So i didnt bother chasing them , i felt if they cant call me back they certainly arnt going to operate on me!!   Im now on a quest to go elsewhere for liposuction, i hope you have more luck than me.
After reading most of the comments, I was so relieved to find out I'm not the only one going through it. Honestly, now that I know that it's normal (cus it is) I really could care less now! ... I mean who set the standards for the "perfect" body!? perfect weight, size, or body parts?? Forget the expensive surgeries! Why not make the best of it? If we hide it and try to fit in with what society considers "normal" then we are just as ignorant as them.
Instead, view it as another body part, which some compared to breast size. Well, busty women wear clothes that support them yet still look sexy. When it comes to my large mons pubis, I noticed that I look good in small boy shorts! :) They fit just right with no complications and it even kinda flattens the area somewhat but hey, I still look good to my standards and that's all that matters :).
Love yourself ladies!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame I'm almost 20 and I'm barely accepting myself. Better late than never :P
So my advice is go out there and find the underwear and clothes that dont hide your mons pubis, but instead works with it, or compliments it :)
I can't believe i found this thread!!!  I have been built this way as long as I can remember--i only ever remember once noticing someone else who had a bit of  a bulge down there.

When my hubby and I first got married---we were both bruised on our pubic bones from them hitting until our bodies adjusted to each other---and it is no longer an issue after 25 years of marriage.

The hardest problem i have, is that I also am longer than normal from crotch to waist---so finding pants that don't crawl up the front is really difficult for me.  Even if they are pants with a longer rise, if the rise is too narrow (more V shaped than U shaped) it still cuts back too soon and is uncomfortable, even if there is fabric hanging low enough below the crotch that it looks like it shouldn't bother me.

I am not self conscious in a swimming suit, however, but I often hae to take my pants off during the day and put on my sweats to wear around the house because sometimes it makes my crotch ache.

Anyone know of some really good genes that have a long and wide rise?

I have bought coldwater creek, because they are built for women and are very stretchy--but they are way too expensive unless I find them on sale I have found that if i buy sweat pants that are too narrow and short through the rise, that I can turn them inside out and resew the crotch to make a wider and longer rise---but I can't do this with jeans.

It is so amazing to run across a thread like this when you feel like you are the only one in the world dealing with something!!!
I meant really good jeans---not genes!
The Liz Claiborne jeans are perfect for you! Try them!! I use them myself :)
What doctor did the fat/skin removal?  Also, are you still happy with the results?
I would love to know more about this! I don't quite understand what type of bike to use, but I too, have the same problem with my mons pubis :*( is there any way you can post a picture of the type of bike you're talking about, and how to use it correctly to decrease the size of my mons pubis? THANK YOU :)
Hi, I've just been recently researching into this. I've had this for quite some time now, I never bothered much about it before but now I'm starting to feel rmore insecure about myself. I'm nearly 16 and I've known I've had a big area for some time, because when I see other girls and friends at school they don't have such a prominent area. I haven't told anybody about this, I've wanted to tell my mum but I'm not comfortable talking about myself like this, even with her. I use to swim a lot when I was younger, but now I don't because of it. I was wondering how old you need to be to get this surgery? And what would you think I should do, considering my age?
Hi, I think you can safely get that mons pubis liposuction at your age.  You shouldn't be ashamed to talk to your mom or anyone about this.  As you get older, you will learn that there is nothing to be embarrassed about.  I am 31 and I have had issues with having a fat mons pubis.  I have gained a bit of weight and I have noticed it more when i wear tight jeans.  So I had decided to get liposuction of my mons pubis.  It's been 3 weeks and I am happy with the result.  It is hard right now but it takes time for the swelling to go down.  

Talk to your mom.  She will understand.  You have nothing to worry about.  And this surgery will be the best thing you will ever do.  Keep in mind, it takes about 6 months to see the full result.

be patient.

richelle
Ugh, so I have recently become aware of this. I mean am normal size 105lbs 5'1 1/2, big butt, small boobs, and flat stomach. It never crossed my mind that something could be wrong with me. Honestly I never even knew it was so big until this boy I liked pointed it. It was my freshman year in high school, and we were talking one night on the phone and he was like, "I have to ask you a personal question, but don't get mad" I was all like, "No, ask I won't get mad." He was like, "Do you shave down there.. I mean today I noticed it looked kinda big.." I was mortified I didn't know what to answer so I decided to play cool and be all like, "Off coarse I do!" And he was like, "Don't get mad. I was just wondering.." I decided to keep talking to him for a couple of mins so he wouldn't notice his comment put me off, and then I gave him a quick excuse and hung up the phone. After I hung up I shaved all my pubic hair off, 'cause before I just used to trim it because I didn't want to cut my self or anything. I was balling my eyes off the entire night thinking how disgusting I must of looked that day thinking I looked so attractive, when in reality he must of been looking at my big fat *****. Everything changed after that day. I started wearing long shirts and hoodies anything that covered it up. I am now in my senior year and honestly that has kept me off the market ever since I get all nervous and avoid the topic when guys bring up sex and what not. I don't want to ever live another moment as embarrassing as that. Every time I sit down I have to look down to see it it looks like I have balls in my pants. There's a comment here that saids some guys actually like it but that's a huge risk we women have to take because we don't know if the guy we are trying to be intimate with is gonna be out off by this or turned on. I'm really trying to think as me being one of those rare women out there that have an extra cushion for men what don't like hitting bones when they are having sex. However, I am going to try that bike technique to help me reduce the size even if just a little so I feel more comfortable wearing tight jeans.
I don't want to minimize how you are feeling.  I'm sorry you are so self conscious about this.  I will tell you though that the vast majority of men do not get all into judging this part of a woman's body.  Date men that are kind to you and date them for a while before becoming sexual.  I really don't think they'll think much of this part of your body at all.  Some men even find it attractive.  

We can't be so hyper critical of ourselves. good luck
hey i just wanted to let you know i have the same prob my mons pubis is very big and i only weigh 120 pounds and it is very frustrating cuz you cant weight alot of things cuz your scared you get made fun of and you feel uncomfortable im acually going to talk to my doctor about it this week trust mei know what your going though  
It's good to know there are more women out there that struggle with the same thing i do I've always been on the large side i wouldn't say fat but I've never been skinny. When I go to the beach or even just swimming with local friends i never have fun bcuz my body... I always have to have something sitting in my lap to cover up my embarrassing body parts :( I feel like i will never find any one that will like me bcuz my body is not beautiful like all the other girls i see! All i want is to be normal.... Why do i have to be this way :(( it seems like im the only girl in my entire school even in the entire county i live in that is dealing with this issue.. I want to get surgery done to fix this but i dnt have the money to do it. With my breast size butt size and large mons pubis i just don't feel the joy in life that every other girl feels. But at least it's good to know im not alone in this....
what kind of bike?
Viewing 1-200 comments: