LIPS OF VAGINA DISCOLORED
Over the last year i have noticed an area on my inner labia that is darker purple. I used to thing it was just wierd skin because its on my bigger labia and i thought it was just hangy skin. My problem is that the area is getting bigger. Even when i spread the skin, the discoloration stays. Could I have done this by having too much sex?
I have the same problem as most of you but my libia is gray and stretched out really far and it pokes out when i walk its sooooooooooo annoying and i have an obsession with having things in perfect order so this is really bothering me if anyone can help please do!!!!!!!!!
I also have black vagina, and I am still single.. also have never have sex before in my life, 31 years old already.  However, I have tan skin,  my armpit also a bit black too.  Do you think it weird or not?  
Thanks for the giggles!

Well, I knew I had this spot. It's irregular in shape and not a consistent color. It is on the right side of the vagina minora (not the flappy part in other words). I'm 43 and have sex regularly. I've been married for 20 years. I have no children. I do find the theory of a vibrator causing this interesting because of the location of my spot and due to my being right handed (hmm-hmm-lol). So what makes me inquire about this strange spot that's been there for many years at this time?

Oh, because I had a pap (I'm bad about getting them done). The previous one was 2 years ago and she said nothing about the splotch.

Well THIS doctor said it could be a precursor to cancer and to be sure he should do a biopsy. I had a biopsy of it yesterday. I'm feeling that it probably isn't anything and this is just precaution. However since I now have sutures in the labia of my hoo-ha I'm kind of being reminded of it and that brought me to Google and this site.

I'll post what the biopsy result is.
Hey ladies my vagina lips has turned from black hair to grey im 37 and my hubby is 36 coming home and i want it back normal do you knw a rinse or dye i can use down there tha work or a hme remedy im desperate    
damn i met this girl with it and been trying to research it cause i was afraid she had something, theres not alot on the topic.but damn i thought guys had it bad worrying about size lmao..u all got it bad..roast beef? hahahah now if i go down on here i will want to bring pepper and mayo lmao.. has anyone slept with barney? lol
Hi Everyone

The good news is there is a natural product that can make a difference
GLUTATHIONE. Glutathione is used in many skincare products for discoloration,and it work very well.
Our body either produce enough and as we age it declines ,or we simply have never made enough and can have all kinds of issues.

Everyone should be taking a natural suppliment that helps the body produce its own,and yes it does matter . I started taking many different forms of glutathione, injections ,pill,powders, drops in the mouth.I never got great results of any kind. Then I was introduced to a product called Immunocal by Immunotec. I call the company in Canada ,come to find out it was created by some of the most prestigious doctors & scientists in the world.
I started taking it and noticed changes in a very short period of time with my entire body. My hubby one day made a comment to me about the discoloration.I didnt believe him so I had to look (who wouldnt ,right !!!!!) To my surprise the discoloration was reduced by roughly 50/60%. At that time I had only been on the product for 3/4 months.I of course called Immunotec .I spoke to both doctor & scientist. I learned so much about Glutathione and its benefits.
I found out that you can become a distributor for the company if you want.I chose this route so that I could get it cheaper.I  didnt like the fact that it was  a network marketing system. At the same time I didnt like paying the 140.00 for a month supply either. It was explained to me that you can order for yourself & family if thats all you want to do- NO pressure!!!! I decided to put my entire family on the product,because of its incredible benefits. I am extremely happy that I did,extremely happy!!!!

I encourage everyone to do some research on Immunocal by Immunotec.
They have several products > Im referring to:
Immunocal
Immunocal Platinum

This is not a gimmick,Immunotec is a leader in science with impressive credentials.  
If anyone needs any help ,or questions please post it here ,Ill try to answer them.

im 14 almost 15 and i masturbate daily. im a virgin.  i just shaved my vajay jay for the first time. my vagina has been iritating and itches. i dont think its due to shaving it cause its been itchinng ever sense i started inserting things into my vagina as ive seen in porn. yes i am very shameful of all of this as i am a christian but i keep on doing it. its almost like a habit now. it itches the most after i have masturbated and i dont know why. could i have some sort of infection? im too scared to ask my mom or go to the doctor so i try and get help online. no one seems to be helping me or replying to my comments. I just noticed today that part of my vagina is slightly purple and looks stretched out. im scared and the itching wont stop! PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONNE HELP! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Oh My God I am so glad I found this forum. I’m in my 40’s and has 4 kids and I remember it looking so pretty when I was younger I must admit I haven’t looked at it for some time. Never realized the change it had gone through. Away my boyfriend says he needs to go down on me all the time and needless to say I stop him. One day I wanted to surprise him and with my phone I took a picture of it to send him when I saw it I flipped. Why didn’t he say something? Did he give me something? How could he like what he sees? I rushed to the OB/GYN and asked for a VD test and asked the Dr. what caused it. The Dr. told me that it was natural and hormonal changes. No I have a problem cause I haven’t let him go down on me and when he tries and begs me to let him I tell him I am embarrassed and he has asked me many times if there is someone else. Should I go to a therapist now? I don’t want to loose him over this.
To YOUSTILLARELOVELY!!! 713

Listen, Luv, you are not alone in this type of anxiety by any stretch of the imagination. This forum is filled with concerns about health (of course ALL health concerns are valid by definition), but I have found that a "significant some" of these are really causing heartburn, stress, worry, relationship strains, and all kinds of other burdens UNNECESSARILY. I hate using all-caps, but I hope my reluctance emphasises my passion about this thing, which I refer to as "misguided perception".

What I simply mean is that we all "perceive" our bodies against some reference, or standard. I constantly try to preach against women comparing their self-images to fake media stereotypes (magazines, ads, tv, movies, conventional wisdom, you name it).

I especially caution us older ladies to guard against the temptation to compare ourselves, our shapes, our genitalia, our breasts even to our own younger selves. The biological fact is that we change, and we improve, and sometimes things go wrong, but I always try to pause and reflect on things that really matters...

If I am having discomfort or true symptoms of illness or disease, I research it and seek my doc. If I am having relationship troubles, I try to see things through the other person's eyes, and if that doesn't work, I try to see things through His eyes.
If I am having perception problems with my body (Oh, and I HAVE!!), I try to count my blessings and focus on the parts of me that work better than others, and dismiss the ones I WISH I could change!!! It works.

lovelyme713, do you realise, my dear, that in denying youself oral pleasure from your man, WHO DESIRES IT!!!, that you are also denying yourself one of the great lovemaking tools for your own pleasure??

Not trying to be judgmental, nor am I nagging you. I am just trying to give you some support and a reality check that men do NOT approach intimacy the way we do. And the most assuredly do not care if your bottom looks the way it used to or the way you think a vulva "should".

Sorry for the longish response, but you hit a painful nerve with me, and I have grown to accept life, happiness, and a wonderful marriage. All I had to do was lose my bogus perceptions. Hope this helped!!!
Sorry, forgot to mention a key idea that got lost in my brain whilst writing the above!! (brain is not one of my better parts, I'm afraid! :-)

I neglected to mention that I am a big fan of female self-examination. Not just breast palpation, which is extremely important, but vulvar as well. Don't worry, I am not saying you have to use a speculum, although I do from time to time, with cheap, single-use disposables you can find online; just a simple and quick mirror check of the vulva on a regular basis to view, learn, and monitor for changes. Who could be better trusted as the expert of you than YOU, right?! I have become so adept at my appearance that I have actually headed off lots of problems since I started doing this a few years ago. Why wouldn't a woman want to know what's going on in this area? Can't think of a good reason :-) Take care!
I am actually concerned about my girl friends vagina. She is only 24 byt her lips are black. It does turn me off although I dont show that. Deep in my heart i do wish them to be as pretty as the rest of her. She has amazing figure, boobs to die for and frankly I was not expecting that the vagina would be the way it was. Now can someone advice as to what should I do? I genuinely love her and want to be with her for the rest of my life but I am very confused about the way i feel about her vagina.
well well. im 12.... girf, its really annoying, very dark red and even purple at times. (usually during baths) i hate it sooo mucchhhh!!! stupid insecurities lol.
well if you genuinely love her then you shouldn't let it bother you. she clearly loves you enough to be with you in 'that' way and, considering i'm a female with a very similar issue, I know for a fact it takes a lot of courage to let a guy see those issues. Just dont do anything to hurt her self esteem
Okaii this is whats up; I have that too and im only 14 -.- And im still a virgin! Now tell me how does having sex with a guy have anything to do with this? I know its not cutee having that but i've always had itt well ever since i can remember; I actually think its normal.
i'm 14 and i've never had sex or anything like that. i do masturbate, and only one side of my labia is brown and bumpy. i'm scared to tell my mom because she will think i have an STD or something. i do have a lot of discharge, and i have it all the time. sometimes it smells too. can someone please help me? i just want to know if i should tell my mom about it and go to the doctors. thanks!

-suzie

I don't want to sound like a smartass, but indeed the discolouring of THAT part is caused by three factors:

1) Genetics, so if you were simply born with brighter lips or darker lips.
We cannot help that, it's genetics, mother nature big plan lol

2) Aging, because as you get older, the body takes more and more time to pump blood in every single part.
Aging is not that bad, but indeed, as you keep aging, the body need more and more energy to do the stuff that could be easily done when we were 15-25-30, so yes, even pumpin blood to the last micro-inch of the lips is more difficult.

3) too much sex.
Yes, too much sex can discolour the lips, and no, not because you colour them with the black penis of a black dude lol, but simply because, I hate to say this (because it's the truth) the vagina is a very delicate place. Women are delicate.
We are indeed able to give birth to babies, but the vagina is definitely sensitive, and (as you may well know) the vagina is elastic, very elastic.
So the lips are definitely subject to loosening.
I don't know if I'll get censored for what I'm going to say, but everytime our partners (well, our partners penises) go in and out, in and out, they rub against our vagina lips, rubbing them in and then out.
Now try to imagine that action, done for 10-20-30 years?
Yes, that's right, loosening.
I'm not saying we should all stop having sex lol, but yeah, having too much sex will eventually loosen your vagina lips.
It all depends how much sex you have, and how tough your lips are, that is, how much they will resist before they loosen.
If we look at it that way, the less your lips are elastic, the better will be, because less elastic means less loosening.
Of course, if you have small lips, your blood pressure will have no problem covering that, but if you have.... ehm long lips, the blood will not go there, that's why long lips are usually dark.
You won't find long vagina lips that are pink coloured. Well I never met them yet lol.
Never wondered why pornstars actresses (a good 50% of them) have terrible vagina lips? lol
Hope this helped.
I noticed bluish on my inner lips to. but I'm 13 & a virgin ? don't think it has anything to do with age
I am sixteen years old, I realised over 2 years ago that my iner lips are different sizes and colours, I am a sexually active person, my boyfriend always asks if he can see my vagina and I always say no, will he think I'm disgusting if he knew? I don't know what to do, it brings me down a lot. Shall I see a doctor?
@ Mamlyn:
Well in your case is genetics then, you were born this way. Thirteen is definitely too young for any other reason.

@Pebbals:
Vagina lips ARE indeed different, inner ones from outer ones, it's perfectly normal. And you girls should NEVER make a comparison with (let's say) porn actresses, because only god knows what those girls do to their vaginas before filming.
Vaginas are all different (like penises).
You are sexually active? Then I believe your boyfriend likes you. So he will like your vagina too.

Girls, don't make the mistake to think that just because you think a vagina is ugly, your guys think that too.
If they like to have sex with it, they probably like to "talk" to is as much. Don't be embarassed to let your man go near your special place.
Maybe, if you want to have more selfconfidence, either keep your hair there, so he won't see a thing, or shave enough to be able to use a mirror and take a look at it.
I'm sure you can honestly tell if your vagina is cute or terrible. But be CONFIDENT!
Males like the vagina, it's a fact.
Hey-Im 20 & have exactly what ure all explaining.
tuffy.
1.no children
2.im young? :s
3.slept with 1 guy.

i think it could be a seriose problem ?
I HATE it. is sooo ugly.
we r in relationship since last 2 n half year but still i feel so embares to to show it to him..
Trisha, remember this: we girls would NEVER think a vagina is cute.
A good 80% of females WILL think that their own vagina is ugly.
And males will not go and say "wow that's a nice ****" lol, that's just out of the question.
I've been engaged with a guy for 4 years, we had a lot of sex, in a lot of positions, and he didn't only had "sex" with my vagina, he did other things to her lol, and I can assure you, men loves the vagina.
I seldomely ask him "do you really like it? Do you like how it looks?"
and you know what he answers me? he says "of course I like it. I love it".
So girls, be more confident, be less shy, but more importantly, have faith in your vagina!
As long as your lips are not 2-3 inches long, you're doing ok!
im sixteen
ive had this "issue" for the past two years, and my mother has it as well is there a chance this is genetic, or simply because i may have not wash correctly in the past?? help please? 8i dont want to be shy or hide from my bf, i wont even let him look at it (we've been together for 3 yrs)
Does anyone know how i can lighten my vagina lips? Its very, very dark but in the inside its super pink. its embarrassing when i have oral sex with my husband i feel like he gets disgusted by it when he sees it.
It says it is perfectly normal, apparently more noticeable when we are turned on.  Also, I think being on your period can make it more noticeable.  It's something to do with blood flow.  Also, it can be an irritation due to wearing pads, soaps, detergents, lots of things.  Nothing to be worried about though. Every woman above the age of 18 should have a gyno, if you're worried ask them, that's what they're there for!    
Hormones maybe?
It's not going bad, and its not your fault... you're just going through puberty and the pigments in your skin are changing.

Women's genitals come in all shapes, sizes and colours... and they go through a *lot* of changes in all three during puberty. It's all determined by the genes the woman in question was given 9 months before she was born... and in women who've given birth, some of the colour changes during pregnancy end up being permanent.

Some have big, puffy outer lips and tiny little inner ones that can't even be seen without spreading their legs and outer lips both... some have smallish outer lips and inner lips that stick out firmly from them or hang... some have one lip that's one shape and the other lip is completely different... some have pink, purple or dark brown inner lips... some have pale or dark outer lips... some have really big or really little clitorises.

Knowing and accepting your unique "genital geography" isn't something mothers usually pass along to their daughters... but it's something every woman should learn.

Every single set of women's genitalia shown at...

http://www.the-clitoris.com/y/vulva/m_vu…

... is perfectly normal... and it's very unlikely that yours are *not* perfectly normal, so you should get to know them well and learn to love them. They're a very important part of what it means to be *you*.
its happening to my 13 yr old virgin daughter i dont think its age. have you heard anything yet  on what it is ?
thank you "'ummyeh" that really helped :) i feel so much better thank you for take the time to research and post.
Im only 13 and i havnt had sex but i noticed that my labia have gone darker, i presume youre all adults and i was concerned whether this is normal at my age?? Too embarrassed to talk to anyone!!
Age 20? I am 17 almost 18 and for as long as i can remember my lips have hung down and been brown. It is not aging. I feel really embarrised and insiqure about it even though my husband says it fine. I have a baby and no doctor has ever said anything about it but i still don't feel its normal.
ewww u people r hela nasteyy!!!!
shame on you!!!!!!!!
Crap I'm only 14 and I have it too -.- its just a spot but after reading this i feel like it really bad and I wanna go to the doctor but I feel weird asking what it is xD
Ladies this is all so perfectly normal. I hate my bits too but you have to realize after seeing all these posts that you mustn't be the only ones out there! I'm young as well, only 17. but here's a blog... nsfw(not safe for work) it is pictures of all shapes and sizes of labia to assure you that you are normal. Don't be ashamed!
http://beautifullabia.tumblr.com/
I hope it gives you some peace of mind!
you might be having ingrown hairs due to shaving that's why it's itching. Use a proper shaving technique, you can search for it online.

But to better assess your problem,  see a doc. There's nothing to be ashamed about. They are there to help people.

and to everyone, girls, ladies, thank you so much. At least now I know that I am not alone in this world.  Hugs to you all :)

hey ...just waondering if you ever found the answers you were looking for..i'm 21 with the same issue. :( rather heart breaking
Well I have the same prob and I am only 14 ...turns out we have butterfly vaginas ..we should be proud of who we are ...it's nothing unusual just look at how many posts there are ..di go to the doctor and she to,d me that....and masturbadin(in my case) had nothing to do with it ...I have one vagina lip longer than another but I am a normal human being :)
Specifically to Sapphire but to all of us...the way you talk about your own body is tragic.  Ugly this ugly that, I gotta fix it, etc.......I think therein lies the problem; that we as women think there is something wrong with our bodies and have been told throughout centuries there is...when obviously ^^ judging by the slew of posts of women saying virtually the same thing...that perhaps it's not our bodies, but our  society's perception telling us something is wrong, thus becoming our own.  
>Obviously this is NORMAL and common for the vulvae(sp?) to have a variety of darkened colors, esp as one ages or depending upon your ethnicity etc.  As well as the labia majora to shrink over time/due to hormones and the minora to SEEM longer. Once again, bloody hormones!  But really....we're all too effing hard on ourselves and some day we're going to have to stop saying yes to all this criticism that drives us up the walls and makes us seek out approval and just freaking love ourselves....thereby setting precedence that tells the world the same, love us or shove off!  

I've tripped off my labia/vulva as of late when I never had before and I'm 41.  Part of it is due to body changes and part of it is because of the obsession lately with the perfect vagina.  But where did we get this idea??? Porn culture/media/fashion etc...because before the last 10+ years...most people did not have a library of vaginas to compare themselves to and think that there was something wrong. Now we do and suddenly we're shaving them, bleaching them and bleh...having them cut off to make them appear 'more perfect'!  All so sick and sad how there is always something 'wrong' with our bodies, so we're told.

I hope that women like us will keep being honest about what is REALLY going on with our bodies so that the rest of us can hear/read comments like these and realize that it's usually quite NORMAL and feeling bad about it is mostly due to propaganda driven by the media industries telling us what's wrong, what to change or alter to make us more appealing.  This, keeps us on a chain of emotional dependency, it feeds our weakness to judge ourselves and guess what...drives up industries based on our insecurites (fashion, makeup, clothes, beauty products, porn etc...)  

Maybe we ought to just love ourselves so goddamn much that men and other women, whole industries have NO choice but to respect that and go with whatever we're setting as standards.  ;)  
Just an ideal.    
Yay!! This is what I like to hear....that healthy men just like vaginas and women women period!  Thanks for posting this :D  Keep doing this...and tell your guys friends to also because it helps women break down this forming myth that all this junk is important.  

Peace.
i just turned 15 years old in march. i believe its normal but im not sure how. i scared to ask any of my friends, family or my doctor about it!! i would feel embarrassed if they  thought it was gross or no guy want want me for ME! i just want to feel normal. i have a boyfriend but im scared to let him see it totally. the lights off! my lips are kinda long but after reading all of these i still feel embarrassed to even go to my Doctor about it. I am a MODEL, models are just like everyone else; we all are all humans. im not sure what to do about the discoloration. PLEASE HELP!!!
well i have this issue as well, and my GYN never said there is a problem. she's one of the best at what she does, and if it wasn't normal, i would have known. i don't think you ladies should worry.
I HAVE THE ANSWER !!!!
i asked my doctor , its normal.
basically with black girls , like me, we have higher hyper pigmentation, and the discoloration comes from that area being irritated (from things rubbing against it, underwear blahh)  and it gets inflamed then gets darker as the reaction. ***** but happens to all races, but quicker to happen to those who have hyper pigmentation genetically as well.

he said you can help it by uses cream when it first inflames to prevent it from getting darker, but whooooo in their right minds actually knows when that is.

but of course with the bleaching and lighting creams comes side affects , soooo ladies, sounds like we're s.o.l ..   :'(
Hey I know it's been a long time since you posted about it. it was in 2008 but yeahh Im 15 and everyone is saying aging but its cant be. It's happened recently and it use to be all put away nicely and now its all blaggghhh like my lips arent as put away as they use to be and now they're brown and im white.. its not attractive and I've only had sex once!! got anything useful?.
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

It's not turning black... you're just going through puberty and the pigments in your skin are changing.

do you know how i can lighhten it?
I met my husband when he was 34, and by then he had had many women in his life.  He claims to have slept with over 50 women and tells me that women genitals come in many shapes and colors.  He said that men don't care about the shape,color, or size.  My husband said that we women worry about stuff that's not important to them.  He says every woman has beautiful genitals, no matter the shape or color.  I've heard women complain that their lips are to fat.  My man says he prefers fat ***** (like mine) over a skinny one. So like Lhack says, "love yourself the way your are,"  your man already does.
her entire body is snow white her vagina is extremely pink. personally i love the little bit darker  coloration of her outer vaginal lips ... to me its a turn on. we have been to her dr. about it and for years she was extremely self conscious about it but now that she knows i love it and its not bad it no longer bothers her at least as much.
I am 41  with med olive/ tan skin and my labia has been brown since puberty, however my hormones lately have been in a HUGE up rake, I think about sex constantly to the point I can't concentrate at work this has been going on for months and I've noticed my labia is now turning BLACK!! I'm worried, is this because I'm coming into my sexual prime or what?
Oh god I'm 21 and it looks like this am I just abnormal!? Oh dear I dread how it's looking when I'm 40! I need to find someone to love me very soon otherwise I'm done for gravity has took it's toll and everything already!
Is it really to be expected around our 60's?  I just noticed mine have gone from pink to shades of light gray on the outside to dark gray on the inside.  Ugly! Could it be because I haven 't had any sex in almost 5 years?  Not cause I don't enjoy it, but my husband isn't able to perform.
Nk
This could also be a result of tanning beds, not cotton underwear
Wearing no panties...ect
It is an indication that you have high melanin content, an indication of some black blood in your family tree,