LIPS OF VAGINA DISCOLORED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

LIPS OF VAGINA DISCOLORED

Over the last year i have noticed an area on my inner labia that is darker purple. I used to thing it was just wierd skin because its on my bigger labia and i thought it was just hangy skin. My problem is that the area is getting bigger. Even when i spread the skin, the discoloration stays. Could I have done this by having too much sex?
I have no idea. i have notices the same thing. i thought it was normal. Maybe not though. It doesn't bother me, so I never thought about it. Wonder if we should.
You know, I think that I read somewhere that it does tun purpley as we get older. Grrrr the joys of aging!
oh, great. Now, I feel super old.
wait until you are old enough and it turns brown!! looks like a couple of slices of roast beef.
Does it really???? lol,lol,lol, I guess it get's tired.I thought mine was out of shape due to gaining weight and losing weight. That's just great (sigh), I guess I keep doing it in the dark.
LOL!! well, maybe its just me??? my "lips" went from pink to purplish to brown (medium-rare) roast beast. of course all over about 37 years. they didnt turn brown over night. they had to simmer some.
seriously though, i have heard many woman say their "lips" are brownish as well. this Q has come up before.
I tell ya, aging is a pain. Just like gravity is a b#%^*. my .We can hide somethings, but when ya get naked all h#$% breaks loose.I'm just glad they make good support bra's. If not, I'd be in a world of hurt'en. I'd step all over them.lol
havin' this problem by the age of 20? sucks. is there anything that I can do? HEEEEEELP! thanks ladies. i feel SUPER'OLD!  not kewl yo! lol
Oh my god im sooo glad that  havent looked down there in ages, dont think ill bother now as im too scared ha ha. I havent checked down there since i had my little girl as i dont know what state its in!!! My fiance hasnt said anythng tho.
I have the same thing. My ob-gyn has never said a thing about it.
Are You Ladies Sleeping with a black man?
its due to hormonal changes as you get older
U guys r funny ... sleeping w/ a black dude ... roast beef ...now that  could heave a gal into being a veggie. Yes, the joys of aging ... I was having MAJOR panic attacks all night because I noticed the slices of beef flapping ( i have had 3 children and the 1st ripped me forward ie: my clitoris ripped and never re adhered even with a stitch ) in the breeze. I about lost it because I noticed after bathing last night that the labia big AND small have gone purple brown and there is a big freckle on my top left inner thigh. My mom has had melanoma but the Dr. gave me a pap in the last 2 weeks which (thank GOD) came back normal, and didn't say anything looked abnormal. My cervix is scarred beyond belief from procedures in the past but other than that everything looked fine. Well ladies, glad I ran across this bunch of postings ... cheers. Thank you nurseb ;)
I dont think its because of aging, I have it at 19!!!! I had a baby, but I had her c-section. Its the most discusting thing I have ever had to deal with, its worse then the stretch marks, at least at my age. They do however have a very safe no harsh chemical treatment for lightening the area up. Its kinda pricey but it works!
www.southbeachskinsolutions.com.
DOES THE DISCOLORATION GO AWAY IF YOU STOP HAVEING SEX FOR A WHILE?
im 30 with 5 children blonde & married to a black man i put my purple bits down to my kids but now youve got me thinkin
Hey-Im 17 & have exactly what ure all explaining.
tuffy.
1.no children
2.im young? :s
3.slept with 1 guy.

i think it could be a seriose problem ?
I HATE it. is sooo ugly.
been with my partner for 5 months & still hvnt spelpt with him,im too ashamed.its not attractive.its becoming a big problem in my life.!
hi ladies,

like use have mentioned, i 2 have a dark purple mark on bottom of my vagina. i noticed it last yr and when i went for a smear i asked the nurse to have a look at it but she said everything looked normal. so i guess she had it aswell.lol

no but seriously it looks terrible almost like trapped blood. if its got ta do with aging then grand but im still none d wiser. is it aging or cos of sexual intercourse or what is it!

ive no kids, 25 nd have had no sexual partners...

we need answers!! help
in relation to the above topic i am still none the wiser abt the dark/purple discolouration on my vagina!!

have any of us found and ans!!?

:S

After studying up on 1st grade vocabulary you have ROT-BRAIN.  "studdying" has one d, genius.  Spare us your uneducated ignorant worthless opinion.  
I myself have this problem, and was concerned. Went to the doctor and since I have had 3 BIG children. But keegel and keep it tight. lol I had a hysterectomy when I was 27. It is from hormone changes and no matter what age you as a woman always have hormone changes going on. it is just part of our body changing. I felt bad....for along time. But if you keep it in a cute shave,(not to close) don't worry. laugh about it and get on with your sexy self
You don't even know what this blog just did for me!  Reading through this I laughed my *** off!  I just had sex w/ a guy for the 1st time in 5 yrs and was so worried about my disscolored who who I did it in the dark!  Sounds like there's plenty of us out there!  

Lets just do what July 31st said...........laugh it off and get on with our sexy selves..........we will just have to give real good HEAD!

tastyt
This forum made me feel so much better.  I am 19 and i have had like grayish purple spots for a while. I have only had one sex partener and it has been in the past year so it couldnt have been from sex.  But haha embarassingly enough i have been masterbating (masturbating) for many years, could have doing that at a oung age have turned it gray.  And like others of you i have gone to the doctor and they never said anything about it.

hmmm i dont feel like a freak now though...haha
k i just did some research and it can be from old age with alot of sex because that act causes numerous increases of blood flows to that area, but there is another possible reason.  I you have ever had a yeast infection for an elongated period of time then it could have changed the color for good.  The inflammation for that long can permanently change the color.  Which makes sense because I have had this discoloration since i was little and i had had a yeast infection from bath soaps when i was very young.  The doctor online said to watch out for irritating soaps, deoderized tampons, and other things of that nature.  hope that helped anyone.
the change in color has nothing to do with sexual activity. It is due to aging, hormonal changes and often happens after pregnancy.
i have noticed recently, that my inner thighs have taken on a tan look which is odd because I am ghostly pale and my legs never see the light of day, and it's only in a small are near my vagina. Also, my inner labia have turned from their normal pink to brown and feel bruised. My outer labia has taken on a more red tone.... I'm scared. I cannot go to the doctor anytime soon because they have a waiting list for annuals... Suggestions?
Oh and also, haven't had sex in two months. Been having sex with one guy who is faithful, since January, and not experienced anything like this before. Also noticed the brown tint spreading from labia to vaginal opening and slightly inside.... I have a darker brown spot on the side of my clitoral hood, which also feels bruised...
I think it's from using vibrators. No joke. The vibrator circulates the blood either too much or in some unnatural way. Which ever way you look at it
your vaginal lips darken as you get older or with pregnancy, it is just caused by your hormones changing.
I just want to say thankyou so much... I decided to google this same "color" prob tonight, found this site, and feel loads better.  I was so afraid it was something no one else had, come to find, we all get it at diff times in our lives.  Well ladies, at least we can color our grey hair away :)
Like kelly616, I too want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for leaving your questions and answers on discoloured labia minora. I am a 38 year old mother of three children. I have been with my husband for 20 years and we have a fantastic sex life. I have been experiencing an abnormal odour for the past week or so - I put it down to hot weather.  Last night I thought I should take a look with a mirror - just to be on the safe side.  I was devastated when I saw the discolouration of the labia minora.  When I googled and found this web site and all the comments you had all written in, I felt so much better.  I will get a check up with my doctor just to be on the safe side as I am on a lot of medication as a result of a  car accident 5 years ago.  I will make another comment after I have seen the doctor.  Thank you so much - I feel confident enough to let my hubby know that everything is ok.  Kris
Omgoodness... Thank you JESUS... i definitely feel so relieved that you guys have ugly va-jay-jays too!! :`-) so relieved but i still need some answers and ways to fix this...guys.. i am 20 years old and a VIRGIN! and im Really light skinned but i have these ugly rotten, used-looking, PURPLE/GRAY roast beef labia minora! UGH! its makes me feel so gross and not even Want anyone to go down there! Ever! :-(
Someone HELp US!
ok im 16 and its not my lips that are discolored its my clit and like i have no clue why i thought it was normal because my bfs balls are discolored and his pinis is kinda to. are ur guyses bfs balls or pinis discolored i thought this was just normal but you guuys have me wondering
im 17 an i hav the discoloration too
i hav had 2 sexual partners
but it has ben this way for a long time
i hadnt masturbated or had sex an ive never had children
i believe the women above
it must b from extended yest infections
thats the only logical explaination
even porn stars have it
so i dont think its anything to b ashamed of
i think we need to embrace the body we were giving
we are all sexy and there is no reason to think otherwise
Thanks for having this discussion.  I was masturbating last night, and occasionally I hold a mirror up to myself to check things out. (I'm overweight so I can't just bend and look, lol)  Anyway, I noticed that my labia minora were purplish, and it was bothering me.  Was it an STD? (If that were the case I'd have to kill my husband since he's the only partner I've had in over three years!)  Was it related to pregnancy? (I had my daughter two years ago.)  Was it related to menus? (I just got off my period.)  I got on Google tonight to check it out, and came across this discussion.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  I'll still try to find out from an OBGYN for sure, but I'm relieved to know that it's probably normal.
heyy everyone. one thing i know for sure is that it isn't caused to any STD's or due to having any sexual intercourse. I just turned 18 and i've had this "discoloration" for the longest I can remember I would have to say ever since I first had my period (which was when I was 11) i guess it would have to do with hormonal changes in your body than. Like mentioned earlier they do have expensive products to lighten that area which i'm sure you can only get from a doctor and must cost alot. Other than the discoloration i have i also have one labia alot longer than the other and im debating whether or not to get surgery because it really bothers me :'( but, i hope my answer helped alot of you, and if you want to get it checked out anyways dont be embarresed itll make you feel better knowing what it REALLY is from a doctor.
Hey people i am 19 n ive had NO SEX... neither did i even insert anything into my vagina but i got the same problem as you all darkened vaginal lips and lightly tanned inner thighs... so i guess its not coz of havign too much sex or something crazy...
at first i thot its coz i had gained weight n due to some friction between the legs... but i guess its something else.
ive searched the internet but didnt find any exact solution to it !
anyoen who finds out pls report here
ill tel u all if i get to know something about it !
Help people HELP !
has evrybdy stoped usin this?
How glad I feel to have found this site and to know that I am not alone with this condition.

I'm White, 15 years past menopause, not sexually active, and have dark grayish-brown discoloration in the entire  vaginal area. I believe I have always had this discoloration--from birth.

When I was about 7 or 8 and wearing shorts, I remember my older sister commenting on the dark areas on the upper reaches of the insides of my thighs. My mother quickly hushed her, and I always felt there was something very wrong with me!

The condition has had a negative effect on my self-esteem, and led to an inhibited life. Anyway, finding this website and reading the comments from other women has been very reassuring. Thank you all.
If you check out the internet sites for Labia Surgeries, you will see all the other women asking these same questions about the discoloration of the Labia Minora, or "the other Lips".  Everyone freaks out when this happens, even myself, when I noticed my Labia getting a brown edge and then going from Pink to Brown....  I have done Bikini waxing for 20 years so I am quite familiar with my area down there, but I liked it "Pink" better, as this is a more appealing color for my husband and its just looks healthier.  O.K.  heres the good news for all you that don't know yet.  Theres a new product out that just went on the market this last year or so, and it is to put the "pink" back.  Its called "My New Pink Button".  I don't know where you can buy it, I got it from my Aestheticians office which sells Skin Care Products, and I guess they can't keep it on the shelves for very long.  Its easy to use and really works.  I would try some Spas, Adult Toy Stores or one of thos Home Party  Venues for women that sells Womens adult products, maybe even e-bay.  My Husband loves it and the pink or hot pink color really turns him on.  Theres more than one color, and I have bought two different ones, a lighter and a darker, and he prefers the darker pinker labia.  Anyway, just thought I would give you something to put your minds at ease.  Were all normal, it just happens to every woman at different points in their lives
Hey everyone,

I'm a 25 year old guy that stumbled over this page because I was genuinely curious about the same thing. After reading all of your posts I felt I had to comment and give you a guys perspective.

Honestly, I've been with sixteen women now, of various ages, older and younger, black, white, mexican, and seen how different each vagina is. You don't have anything to worry about! at least from my perspective. I'm no less attracted to purple or brown than pink! And the lights out can be sexy sometimes, but it's also really nice to see your partners body (guys are visually stimulated!) if you hold you partner away chances are they're going to think there's something wrong with them.
big, small, pink, grey, purple, pierced, i've never been turned off by the way my partners vagina looks... women are sexy. period. there's nothing to be embarrassed or nervous about!
I hope this helps.
AHAHA yeah im 12. no sex no kissing and im not old... could there possibly be a reason to have one purple huge lip and one small and pink?? I just got my . but i got this lip like a month b4 or maybe more... i seriously need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLO?! MINE R TURNING PURPLE AND IM ONLY 14! SOME ONE HELP ME! IS IT BAD?!
I'm 14 now and I haven't had sex but I have felt myself in the downstairs department. My labia minora are going a brownish colour and I don't want to talk to my parents or a doctor because i'm too scared to say what I have done. Do you think that it's going brown because of what I did? Please please please help.
I am really relieved after reading this, i am 24 never had sex and my lips are different sizes ( which i thought was due to masturbation) and the bigger one is dark! also i have some dark spots near the vagina. I saw the spots yesterday and scheduled an appointment with my doc! but seriously i was so worried. I am too ashamed to let my bf even look at it! But now after reading this i am less anxious. As i think its not really a problem, thats how our bodies are!

Thanks a lot!.. What a relief!    
I understand where everyone is coming from.
I have the same problem w/ the purplish color.
Years ago when I was in my early 20's, I asked my gyn about the color and she said that a lot of times, fair or light skinned women tend to have this color labia.  She said it was of no concern and wasnt phased by my pointing it out to her.
So there is another thought to think about......
Ladies,

The important thing here is that a) we are all different, so "normal colour", smell, etc.. is relative, subjective, and indeterminate. And b) we should all know what our own "normal" is by first making sure we are healthy through regular exams by a doctor, and by regularly monitoring our own bodies through self-examination.

I am not suggesting everyone buy klieg lights, a magnifying mirror, and a speculum (although I have had friends who would not balk at such things!), but DO just try to be aware of yourself by looking. Don't be afraid to have a peek once a week or so. I am a little more fastidious owing to issues and insecurities and past habits hard to break, so I examine daily, but whatever works for you. Points to consider: itching, pain, hard or white patchiness of the skin, bright redness, unusual discharge or foul changes in odour are all causes for concern and should get you to the phone to call your obgyn. Otherwise, your body's pattern should emerge and who best to recognise it than YOU?! Good luck and stay informed!!

Ali
I just saw this topic on the show The Doctors. They even had a color wheel on all the colors your labia can be. I feel so much better now. I have been to this site below, and just wanted to post abou the show. The female doctor on there showed this product you can use to temporarily dye it called My new Pink Button. I am going to buy to see what it does.
I noticed this too. At first I thought it was because of my boyfriend being too rough but found out that it is because of aging. Right now I am purple/blue - but after reading these comments I guess I will be the color of roast beef - LOL!
Check out www.mynewpinkbutton.com.
Its a new product that i tried out and its pretty cool.
their FAQ talks about how it is normal for your labia to change color for sooo many reasons. its pretty interesting actually. Something i never thought about. try it out :-p
Well I have always been worried about the same thing .. I just got this stuff i was on a anal bleaching site ... its called esoterica fade cream .. I used it everywhere .. ;/ I dont know if that was a good idea but I guess im going to be the guni pig for this one ... lol wish me luck and I will let you know if it works .. its only 9 $ at wallgreens and its a norm face bleaching thing so its noe embarising to buy ..
wish me luck ladies ;)
MEN DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS STUFF. YOU ARE ALL DELUDING YOURSELVES. WHY NOT BUCK THE TREND AND JUST BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE FOR ONCE.

Jesus....THAT is what men find attractive. A confident woman. Not some woman who has to keep the lights off because the color of her hoohoo is a bit off.

It's not green...don't worry about it.
LMAO!! Perfectly said.
I think you should see a docter, if it's not a dark- brownish color or a pinkish color something could be wrong, so see a docter...
Do you ware lip gloss/stick or eye shadow? or eye liner? or blush? or color your hair? do you pluck your eyebrows? if you don't do any of those things, or stuff similar to those, then you can say that. If you do... well.. think over what you said.
I have the very same problem ; my vagina Seems almost black its really ugly & unattractive & im scared of having to deal with this the rest of my life & im barely 14 :[

We need answers from an expirienced person !
I have a problem. In my vagina there was a lump then I went away but now there is a purple-ish black spot there...I'm really wooried I've never had sex n I'm 15 some one help please
The best thing you guys can do is go talk to your doctor. They will be able to tell u if what you are experiencing is natural. Everyones body is different. Just trust your doctor and talk to them. It's really good to start down the path of being comfortable talking about these sort of things to your doctor at your age.
Don't let this discussion of discoloration scare you or make you paranoid. Just thunk of it as motivation to start talking to ur doctor and making sure everything is healthy.  
IT IS NOT DISCOLORATION. YOU ARE NORMAL.

I think I read only one post on this whole page that said, "Just be proud of who you are." Why are all of you so hesitant to just be proud of who you are?

It's not "discoloration". It's your COLORING. Say it with me: "It's not discoloration, it's my natural coloring."

Have you noticed that every single girl and woman here has said the same thing? Everyone's saying they have the same thing to some degree. Doesn't that tell you something? You're not sick, you're normal.

And to the person who suggested that their boyfriend "also has discoloration on his balls and penis" --- it's not discoloration. It's his natural coloring.

*****************************************
Are the corners of your mouth a slightly different color than the rest of your complexion? Have you noticed that the lips on your face take on a different color than the rest of your skin? Is the skin on your eyelids, the area under your eyes, or in the colors of your eyes slightly darker/varied? Are your cheeks rosy, for God's sake???

Have you ever noticed that makeup companies sell foundation and concealer BECAUSE IT'S NATURAL TO HAVE COLOR VARIATIONS ALL THROUGHOUT YOUR SKIN TONE?

You're unobservant of your own bodies, and self-hating. Everyone around you on this page has it, you get your check ups and everything comes back normal, and you still prefer to fret about the naturally-occurring features of your own unique bodies. I say put down the labia dye and work on your self-esteem instead.

I guess I've never thought about it as being ugly. I'm blonde with light skin, but my mother is polish. I have a lot of olive in my skin tone so I just figured the darker area of my labia were due to my heritage. I have had 4 children, though. It doesn't bother me, doesn't hurt, seems to work just the same and my husband and doctor have never commented that something might be wrong so I'm okay with it. It does make sense that of so many others of you have it, then maybe it is a hormone thing. For those of us a little older, probably hormone changes, for you younguns, maybe it has something to do with hormone pills. Just some thoughts.
Okay so everyone,
I read thru this ENTIRE thing. I wass getting pissed at my hoocie, for bein a funny colour too. This page taught me alot. 1) theres lots of bitchy *** people who dont realize, we dont like purple pussys. THATS why we buy labia dye. 2) Its good to know you nice people can talk about whats goin on down there. 3) there are a few products you can use!!!! South beach anal/vaginal lightener seems like the more promising (and long-term) solution. BUT for all of you who forgot what a pink hookie looks like theres My New Pink Button, which is temporary.
I browsed through websites and reviews, alot of people like both. If I can help, Dont use ANYTHING YOU BUY FROM THE DRUG STORE. it cud do even worse things to your thing...
Google both. decide which one ud like to try... im gettin both and trying the temp one first to see how long it lasts. But im reallly looking forward to south beachs' product.
Oh and My Little Pink Button has different kinds of pinks... cud be fun??
Well thanks guys, after reading a million comments on this thing... u all helped!!! ;) good luckkk!!!!!!
a lot of the posts on here are geared towards old women and aging and sex and stuff but what about a 15 year old girl with absolutely 0% sexual anything?
im 14.
im not old.
ive never had sex!
i dont "masturbate"
im deffinitly not fat and never was!
but i have a gray vagina!!!!!
somebody please help im legit scared there is something wrong with me and its very embarressing and i dont want to be worried about this all the time!!
i reallyy neeed help anyone that has any info please let me know!
this had me laughing out loud at the description of "two pieces of roast beef"...sooo freekin funny...anyways, I have a purplish spot on my "area" down there too, and I asked my dermatologist about it, he seemed kinda uncomfortable with it but checked it out, AND there were new interns about 4 of them in the room who ALSO checked out my "area" ...anyways, the derm's response to it was, (after thoroughly looking it over and after all the interns looked too as Im feeling really uncomfortable with all the attention down there)...oh, uh, that's not really my area, you're gonna have to ask your gyno about it!!!!!!!!!!!     aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...so frustrating, but you guys have helped me out here, glad I kinda know what it is now...
yeah i'm F***ing turning 15 and have the same dicoloration and i have done nothing sexual it's prob just cuz of hormones...as the other people said, and i feel relief now cuz of u awesome chicks ;)
Thank you so much for this post!!!  I'm getting a pap smear soon and wanted to check out the bits ahead of time.  I was horrified to find roast beef down there as well!  After reading the posts I laughed so hard I cried.  Everyone made me feel so much better.
So i had this problem & i heard on E! that you put mayo on your vagina to make it shine. & i was like WHAT THE HECK!!! So i goggled it & wondered why they were talking about putting mayo on there vagina so i did & it turns out it makes it realllyy smooth & cleans your vagina reallllyyy good & like eats away bacteria or something. So i tried it. & i have had the same problem as you girls with the darker vagina lips & i have put mayo on my vagina for the past to nights RIGHT before i went to sleep then took a shower RIGHT when i woke up [wash your vagina with soap still] & turns out not only is my vagina like extremely smooth by vagina has became shades lighter in color. I HIGHLY recommend you try it. Worse thing that happens is you don't like it. I also saw on the comments that there men they sleep with LOVES the taste it leaves on the vagina & he actually puts it on her at night for the women. So i would try it! Hope this works!!!!!! (:
To anybody worried about their discolored vajayjay's: seriously there is NOTHING wrong with you. It is perfectly normal for the lips to turn a darker color as you age. Sometimes it will be darker around your period, other times it will be darker when your aroused. In fact, if you ever watch any nature shows, you would know that wild animals labias get darker when they are aroused and ovulating, this helps attract their mate. Your no different than that monkey in the forest with her dark purple lips. LOL seriously it turns guys on!! Oh and if you haven't heard, your labia is said to match your lips, thats why one "lip" is bigger than the other, this is also natural and perfectly normal!!
As long as you don't have dark moles, itching, blisters, warts, or a funny smell or thick discharge assoiciated with the darkening, then your fine. And if it really freaks you out, make an appointment with your OB/GYN. Also if you think there is a possibility that you have an STD get checked out.
This is a natural part of being a woman!! It is not caused by masturbating, toys, sexual partners, sex or anything else that has been listed. It's natures way of arousing your mate. Thats it. End.of.story.
associated*
its due to our hormones and our melanoma production, (this is what give african americans their darker color).

here is a natural recipe to lighten your areas:

Step 1

Make a lemon and mint infusion by bringing two cups of water to boil in a heavy saucepan and adding a handful of fresh mint leaves. Remove the mixture from the heat and cover it, allowing it to cool to room temperature.

Step 2

Strain the mixture when cool and add the juice of one whole lemon. Apply this natural skin bleach liberally to your face and body. Saturate a clean washcloth in the mixture, squeezing out the excess. Place the washcloth over your face when lying down for 20 minutes. Save the leftover mixture in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Step 3

Make a soothing honey, lemon and milk skin-lightening conditioner by combining the juice of one lemon with one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of powdered milk. Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds and stir to dissolve the powdered milk. When cool, apply liberally to your face and neck, leaving it on for 20 minutes before rinsing off.

Step 4

Save the peels from oranges and scrub them under hot water to remove any pesticide residue. Allow them to dry in small pieces on a sunny windowsill. When they are completely dry, pulverize them with a mortar and pestle. Combine this powder with a few drops of milk to make a paste and apply to your face. Leave the mixture on your skin for up to one hour before rinsing thoroughly with lukewarm water.

Step 5

Make your own skin bleaching night cream by adding three drops of mulberry leaf extract to one-quarter cup of inexpensive facial cream. Choose a water-based cold cream by making sure water is one of the first few ingredients on the label. Stir the mixture thoroughly and store in a dark glass jar. Use as you would any night cream.

due to the fact that your facial skin is as sensitive as your outer lips, and you actual lips are the same type of skin as your v lips these will work just fine.
WOW!!! I finally reached the bottom of the list haha....
Well I have read every single post above and I think that it's great that I'm not alone in this.
I'm 22 years old, and I had sex at a young age, I also tried masturbation young. I kinda thought that the discoloration was due to sex or masturbation, but after reading it is doubtful. Another thing that really started to make me wonder was all the younger girls on here saying they had discoloration or redish-brown spotting and they hadn't even had sex. Something that I kinda started to wonder a few years back was, is it possible that it could be from using tampons??? You can get TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from tampons... Discoloration isn't close to any symptoms of TSS, so don't worry.
I also noticed that a few girls mentioned that their labia were different sizes, mine are as well... I don't care so much as to why the coloring is off, I'm sure that is natural.... but would anyone have any idea why one of my labia is somewhat stretched and seems to have less nerves in it. I can still remember a time when it wasn't like this, and I don't think this is natural.... the skin seems to be less sensitive than the rest of my labia. Well if anyone finds anything let me know :D thanks
i have a small brown spot on the inside of my vagina that looks like a freckle and is not raised is this normal?? i'm only 16
its perfectly fine to be  honest me as a guy i like it it really in-hanses the beauty i just can help my self..... you all should be happy
I am 16 and this has happened to me. I haven't had sex yet but I have masturbated a lot! So I think it probably does have to do with hormone changes. Is there any way to get rid of it or improve it? My labia is also stretched. Anyway, if anyone does find anything out please share!!! Thank you!!!
Hi I found a white pimple on my lips of my vagina and also one in the opening.   i know this is disgusting but I am only 18 and scared. is this herpes or some kind of std?  or could it just be a pimple?  I have been with the same guy for 5 yrs and never cheated and he does not have this.  Can anyone help me solve my problem before I go totally crazy.  I went to the  doctor yesterday and he said it might be a pimple, cyst but he wanted to check me for Herpes and Gonherrea.  please help.
i have noticed that my vagina is darker then the rest of me why is that? and what are the two dangly things right outside ur pee hold and are they suppose to stretch cause ppl play with mine abd one is darker then the other and ive only had sex one time with a condom? and another ? my friend wants to know if u can get prego or anything from a dog if u **** them>
Hi im 13 almost 14. i guess they are called the lips. the two hangy kinda skins like right around my vagina hole. well they are very very dark purple..i have ever had sex. not even a bf. please do help i only have my father..and dont want to talk about it with him...and dont have enough money to go to the docs right now. pleas help!!
PLEASE HELP! :(
Hey everyone I'm 19yrs old and I was just wondering is it normal for my left lip to be purplish and a bit bigger and has a little extra skin from my right lip. the right lip is  smaller and has a little purple too but not as much as my left one? And I'm still a virgin it's been like this since I was like 14.soooo is that normal?!!!!  
this is completely normal...................... you have nothing to worry about.
EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! which means different colors it is all you hormones changing and getting stressed
Thankyou dr123  ;)
I have the same problem as most of you but my libia is gray and stretched out really far and it pokes out when i walk its sooooooooooo annoying and i have an obsession with having things in perfect order so this is really bothering me if anyone can help please do!!!!!!!!!
I also have black vagina, and I am still single.. also have never have sex before in my life, 31 years old already.  However, I have tan skin,  my armpit also a bit black too.  Do you think it weird or not?  
Thanks for the giggles!

Well, I knew I had this spot. It's irregular in shape and not a consistent color. It is on the right side of the vagina minora (not the flappy part in other words). I'm 43 and have sex regularly. I've been married for 20 years. I have no children. I do find the theory of a vibrator causing this interesting because of the location of my spot and due to my being right handed (hmm-hmm-lol). So what makes me inquire about this strange spot that's been there for many years at this time?

Oh, because I had a pap (I'm bad about getting them done). The previous one was 2 years ago and she said nothing about the splotch.

Well THIS doctor said it could be a precursor to cancer and to be sure he should do a biopsy. I had a biopsy of it yesterday. I'm feeling that it probably isn't anything and this is just precaution. However since I now have sutures in the labia of my hoo-ha I'm kind of being reminded of it and that brought me to Google and this site.

I'll post what the biopsy result is.
Hey ladies my vagina lips has turned from black hair to grey im 37 and my hubby is 36 coming home and i want it back normal do you knw a rinse or dye i can use down there tha work or a hme remedy im desperate    
damn i met this girl with it and been trying to research it cause i was afraid she had something, theres not alot on the topic.but damn i thought guys had it bad worrying about size lmao..u all got it bad..roast beef? hahahah now if i go down on here i will want to bring pepper and mayo lmao.. has anyone slept with barney? lol
Hi Everyone

The good news is there is a natural product that can make a difference
GLUTATHIONE. Glutathione is used in many skincare products for discoloration,and it work very well.
Our body either produce enough and as we age it declines ,or we simply have never made enough and can have all kinds of issues.

Everyone should be taking a natural suppliment that helps the body produce its own,and yes it does matter . I started taking many different forms of glutathione, injections ,pill,powders, drops in the mouth.I never got great results of any kind. Then I was introduced to a product called Immunocal by Immunotec. I call the company in Canada ,come to find out it was created by some of the most prestigious doctors & scientists in the world.
I started taking it and noticed changes in a very short period of time with my entire body. My hubby one day made a comment to me about the discoloration.I didnt believe him so I had to look (who wouldnt ,right !!!!!) To my surprise the discoloration was reduced by roughly 50/60%. At that time I had only been on the product for 3/4 months.I of course called Immunotec .I spoke to both doctor & scientist. I learned so much about Glutathione and its benefits.
I found out that you can become a distributor for the company if you want.I chose this route so that I could get it cheaper.I  didnt like the fact that it was  a network marketing system. At the same time I didnt like paying the 140.00 for a month supply either. It was explained to me that you can order for yourself & family if thats all you want to do- NO pressure!!!! I decided to put my entire family on the product,because of its incredible benefits. I am extremely happy that I did,extremely happy!!!!

I encourage everyone to do some research on Immunocal by Immunotec.
They have several products > Im referring to:
Immunocal
Immunocal Platinum

This is not a gimmick,Immunotec is a leader in science with impressive credentials.  
If anyone needs any help ,or questions please post it here ,Ill try to answer them.

im 14 almost 15 and i masturbate daily. im a virgin.  i just shaved my vajay jay for the first time. my vagina has been iritating and itches. i dont think its due to shaving it cause its been itchinng ever sense i started inserting things into my vagina as ive seen in porn. yes i am very shameful of all of this as i am a christian but i keep on doing it. its almost like a habit now. it itches the most after i have masturbated and i dont know why. could i have some sort of infection? im too scared to ask my mom or go to the doctor so i try and get help online. no one seems to be helping me or replying to my comments. I just noticed today that part of my vagina is slightly purple and looks stretched out. im scared and the itching wont stop! PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONNE HELP! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Oh My God I am so glad I found this forum. I’m in my 40’s and has 4 kids and I remember it looking so pretty when I was younger I must admit I haven’t looked at it for some time. Never realized the change it had gone through. Away my boyfriend says he needs to go down on me all the time and needless to say I stop him. One day I wanted to surprise him and with my phone I took a picture of it to send him when I saw it I flipped. Why didn’t he say something? Did he give me something? How could he like what he sees? I rushed to the OB/GYN and asked for a VD test and asked the Dr. what caused it. The Dr. told me that it was natural and hormonal changes. No I have a problem cause I haven’t let him go down on me and when he tries and begs me to let him I tell him I am embarrassed and he has asked me many times if there is someone else. Should I go to a therapist now? I don’t want to loose him over this.
To YOUSTILLARELOVELY!!! 713

Listen, Luv, you are not alone in this type of anxiety by any stretch of the imagination. This forum is filled with concerns about health (of course ALL health concerns are valid by definition), but I have found that a "significant some" of these are really causing heartburn, stress, worry, relationship strains, and all kinds of other burdens UNNECESSARILY. I hate using all-caps, but I hope my reluctance emphasises my passion about this thing, which I refer to as "misguided perception".

What I simply mean is that we all "perceive" our bodies against some reference, or standard. I constantly try to preach against women comparing their self-images to fake media stereotypes (magazines, ads, tv, movies, conventional wisdom, you name it).

I especially caution us older ladies to guard against the temptation to compare ourselves, our shapes, our genitalia, our breasts even to our own younger selves. The biological fact is that we change, and we improve, and sometimes things go wrong, but I always try to pause and reflect on things that really matters...

If I am having discomfort or true symptoms of illness or disease, I research it and seek my doc. If I am having relationship troubles, I try to see things through the other person's eyes, and if that doesn't work, I try to see things through His eyes.
If I am having perception problems with my body (Oh, and I HAVE!!), I try to count my blessings and focus on the parts of me that work better than others, and dismiss the ones I WISH I could change!!! It works.

lovelyme713, do you realise, my dear, that in denying youself oral pleasure from your man, WHO DESIRES IT!!!, that you are also denying yourself one of the great lovemaking tools for your own pleasure??

Not trying to be judgmental, nor am I nagging you. I am just trying to give you some support and a reality check that men do NOT approach intimacy the way we do. And the most assuredly do not care if your bottom looks the way it used to or the way you think a vulva "should".

Sorry for the longish response, but you hit a painful nerve with me, and I have grown to accept life, happiness, and a wonderful marriage. All I had to do was lose my bogus perceptions. Hope this helped!!!
Sorry, forgot to mention a key idea that got lost in my brain whilst writing the above!! (brain is not one of my better parts, I'm afraid! :-)

I neglected to mention that I am a big fan of female self-examination. Not just breast palpation, which is extremely important, but vulvar as well. Don't worry, I am not saying you have to use a speculum, although I do from time to time, with cheap, single-use disposables you can find online; just a simple and quick mirror check of the vulva on a regular basis to view, learn, and monitor for changes. Who could be better trusted as the expert of you than YOU, right?! I have become so adept at my appearance that I have actually headed off lots of problems since I started doing this a few years ago. Why wouldn't a woman want to know what's going on in this area? Can't think of a good reason :-) Take care!
I am actually concerned about my girl friends vagina. She is only 24 byt her lips are black. It does turn me off although I dont show that. Deep in my heart i do wish them to be as pretty as the rest of her. She has amazing figure, boobs to die for and frankly I was not expecting that the vagina would be the way it was. Now can someone advice as to what should I do? I genuinely love her and want to be with her for the rest of my life but I am very confused about the way i feel about her vagina.
well well. im 12.... girf, its really annoying, very dark red and even purple at times. (usually during baths) i hate it sooo mucchhhh!!! stupid insecurities lol.
well if you genuinely love her then you shouldn't let it bother you. she clearly loves you enough to be with you in 'that' way and, considering i'm a female with a very similar issue, I know for a fact it takes a lot of courage to let a guy see those issues. Just dont do anything to hurt her self esteem
Okaii this is whats up; I have that too and im only 14 -.- And im still a virgin! Now tell me how does having sex with a guy have anything to do with this? I know its not cutee having that but i've always had itt well ever since i can remember; I actually think its normal.
i'm 14 and i've never had sex or anything like that. i do masturbate, and only one side of my labia is brown and bumpy. i'm scared to tell my mom because she will think i have an STD or something. i do have a lot of discharge, and i have it all the time. sometimes it smells too. can someone please help me? i just want to know if i should tell my mom about it and go to the doctors. thanks!

-suzie

I don't want to sound like a smartass, but indeed the discolouring of THAT part is caused by three factors:

1) Genetics, so if you were simply born with brighter lips or darker lips.
We cannot help that, it's genetics, mother nature big plan lol

2) Aging, because as you get older, the body takes more and more time to pump blood in every single part.
Aging is not that bad, but indeed, as you keep aging, the body need more and more energy to do the stuff that could be easily done when we were 15-25-30, so yes, even pumpin blood to the last micro-inch of the lips is more difficult.

3) too much sex.
Yes, too much sex can discolour the lips, and no, not because you colour them with the black penis of a black dude lol, but simply because, I hate to say this (because it's the truth) the vagina is a very delicate place. Women are delicate.
We are indeed able to give birth to babies, but the vagina is definitely sensitive, and (as you may well know) the vagina is elastic, very elastic.
So the lips are definitely subject to loosening.
I don't know if I'll get censored for what I'm going to say, but everytime our partners (well, our partners penises) go in and out, in and out, they rub against our vagina lips, rubbing them in and then out.
Now try to imagine that action, done for 10-20-30 years?
Yes, that's right, loosening.
I'm not saying we should all stop having sex lol, but yeah, having too much sex will eventually loosen your vagina lips.
It all depends how much sex you have, and how tough your lips are, that is, how much they will resist before they loosen.
If we look at it that way, the less your lips are elastic, the better will be, because less elastic means less loosening.
Of course, if you have small lips, your blood pressure will have no problem covering that, but if you have.... ehm long lips, the blood will not go there, that's why long lips are usually dark.
You won't find long vagina lips that are pink coloured. Well I never met them yet lol.
Never wondered why pornstars actresses (a good 50% of them) have terrible vagina lips? lol
Hope this helped.
I noticed bluish on my inner lips to. but I'm 13 & a virgin ? don't think it has anything to do with age
I am sixteen years old, I realised over 2 years ago that my iner lips are different sizes and colours, I am a sexually active person, my boyfriend always asks if he can see my vagina and I always say no, will he think I'm disgusting if he knew? I don't know what to do, it brings me down a lot. Shall I see a doctor?
@ Mamlyn:
Well in your case is genetics then, you were born this way. Thirteen is definitely too young for any other reason.

@Pebbals:
Vagina lips ARE indeed different, inner ones from outer ones, it's perfectly normal. And you girls should NEVER make a comparison with (let's say) porn actresses, because only god knows what those girls do to their vaginas before filming.
Vaginas are all different (like penises).
You are sexually active? Then I believe your boyfriend likes you. So he will like your vagina too.

Girls, don't make the mistake to think that just because you think a vagina is ugly, your guys think that too.
If they like to have sex with it, they probably like to "talk" to is as much. Don't be embarassed to let your man go near your special place.
Maybe, if you want to have more selfconfidence, either keep your hair there, so he won't see a thing, or shave enough to be able to use a mirror and take a look at it.
I'm sure you can honestly tell if your vagina is cute or terrible. But be CONFIDENT!
Males like the vagina, it's a fact.
Hey-Im 20 & have exactly what ure all explaining.
tuffy.
1.no children
2.im young? :s
3.slept with 1 guy.

i think it could be a seriose problem ?
I HATE it. is sooo ugly.
we r in relationship since last 2 n half year but still i feel so embares to to show it to him..
Trisha, remember this: we girls would NEVER think a vagina is cute.
A good 80% of females WILL think that their own vagina is ugly.
And males will not go and say "wow that's a nice ****" lol, that's just out of the question.
I've been engaged with a guy for 4 years, we had a lot of sex, in a lot of positions, and he didn't only had "sex" with my vagina, he did other things to her lol, and I can assure you, men loves the vagina.
I seldomely ask him "do you really like it? Do you like how it looks?"
and you know what he answers me? he says "of course I like it. I love it".
So girls, be more confident, be less shy, but more importantly, have faith in your vagina!
As long as your lips are not 2-3 inches long, you're doing ok!
im sixteen
ive had this "issue" for the past two years, and my mother has it as well is there a chance this is genetic, or simply because i may have not wash correctly in the past?? help please? 8i dont want to be shy or hide from my bf, i wont even let him look at it (we've been together for 3 yrs)
Does anyone know how i can lighten my vagina lips? Its very, very dark but in the inside its super pink. its embarrassing when i have oral sex with my husband i feel like he gets disgusted by it when he sees it.
It says it is perfectly normal, apparently more noticeable when we are turned on.  Also, I think being on your period can make it more noticeable.  It's something to do with blood flow.  Also, it can be an irritation due to wearing pads, soaps, detergents, lots of things.  Nothing to be worried about though. Every woman above the age of 18 should have a gyno, if you're worried ask them, that's what they're there for!    
Hormones maybe?
It's not going bad, and its not your fault... you're just going through puberty and the pigments in your skin are changing.

Women's genitals come in all shapes, sizes and colours... and they go through a *lot* of changes in all three during puberty. It's all determined by the genes the woman in question was given 9 months before she was born... and in women who've given birth, some of the colour changes during pregnancy end up being permanent.

Some have big, puffy outer lips and tiny little inner ones that can't even be seen without spreading their legs and outer lips both... some have smallish outer lips and inner lips that stick out firmly from them or hang... some have one lip that's one shape and the other lip is completely different... some have pink, purple or dark brown inner lips... some have pale or dark outer lips... some have really big or really little clitorises.

Knowing and accepting your unique "genital geography" isn't something mothers usually pass along to their daughters... but it's something every woman should learn.

Every single set of women's genitalia shown at...

http://www.the-clitoris.com/y/vulva/m_vu…

... is perfectly normal... and it's very unlikely that yours are *not* perfectly normal, so you should get to know them well and learn to love them. They're a very important part of what it means to be *you*.
its happening to my 13 yr old virgin daughter i dont think its age. have you heard anything yet  on what it is ?
thank you "'ummyeh" that really helped :) i feel so much better thank you for take the time to research and post.
Im only 13 and i havnt had sex but i noticed that my labia have gone darker, i presume youre all adults and i was concerned whether this is normal at my age?? Too embarrassed to talk to anyone!!
Age 20? I am 17 almost 18 and for as long as i can remember my lips have hung down and been brown. It is not aging. I feel really embarrised and insiqure about it even though my husband says it fine. I have a baby and no doctor has ever said anything about it but i still don't feel its normal.
ewww u people r hela nasteyy!!!!
shame on you!!!!!!!!
Crap I'm only 14 and I have it too -.- its just a spot but after reading this i feel like it really bad and I wanna go to the doctor but I feel weird asking what it is xD
Ladies this is all so perfectly normal. I hate my bits too but you have to realize after seeing all these posts that you mustn't be the only ones out there! I'm young as well, only 17. but here's a blog... nsfw(not safe for work) it is pictures of all shapes and sizes of labia to assure you that you are normal. Don't be ashamed!
http://beautifullabia.tumblr.com/
I hope it gives you some peace of mind!
you might be having ingrown hairs due to shaving that's why it's itching. Use a proper shaving technique, you can search for it online.

But to better assess your problem,  see a doc. There's nothing to be ashamed about. They are there to help people.

and to everyone, girls, ladies, thank you so much. At least now I know that I am not alone in this world.  Hugs to you all :)

hey ...just waondering if you ever found the answers you were looking for..i'm 21 with the same issue. :( rather heart breaking
Well I have the same prob and I am only 14 ...turns out we have butterfly vaginas ..we should be proud of who we are ...it's nothing unusual just look at how many posts there are ..di go to the doctor and she to,d me that....and masturbadin(in my case) had nothing to do with it ...I have one vagina lip longer than another but I am a normal human being :)
Specifically to Sapphire but to all of us...the way you talk about your own body is tragic.  Ugly this ugly that, I gotta fix it, etc.......I think therein lies the problem; that we as women think there is something wrong with our bodies and have been told throughout centuries there is...when obviously ^^ judging by the slew of posts of women saying virtually the same thing...that perhaps it's not our bodies, but our  society's perception telling us something is wrong, thus becoming our own.  
>Obviously this is NORMAL and common for the vulvae(sp?) to have a variety of darkened colors, esp as one ages or depending upon your ethnicity etc.  As well as the labia majora to shrink over time/due to hormones and the minora to SEEM longer. Once again, bloody hormones!  But really....we're all too effing hard on ourselves and some day we're going to have to stop saying yes to all this criticism that drives us up the walls and makes us seek out approval and just freaking love ourselves....thereby setting precedence that tells the world the same, love us or shove off!  

I've tripped off my labia/vulva as of late when I never had before and I'm 41.  Part of it is due to body changes and part of it is because of the obsession lately with the perfect vagina.  But where did we get this idea??? Porn culture/media/fashion etc...because before the last 10+ years...most people did not have a library of vaginas to compare themselves to and think that there was something wrong. Now we do and suddenly we're shaving them, bleaching them and bleh...having them cut off to make them appear 'more perfect'!  All so sick and sad how there is always something 'wrong' with our bodies, so we're told.

I hope that women like us will keep being honest about what is REALLY going on with our bodies so that the rest of us can hear/read comments like these and realize that it's usually quite NORMAL and feeling bad about it is mostly due to propaganda driven by the media industries telling us what's wrong, what to change or alter to make us more appealing.  This, keeps us on a chain of emotional dependency, it feeds our weakness to judge ourselves and guess what...drives up industries based on our insecurites (fashion, makeup, clothes, beauty products, porn etc...)  

Maybe we ought to just love ourselves so goddamn much that men and other women, whole industries have NO choice but to respect that and go with whatever we're setting as standards.  ;)  
Just an ideal.    
Yay!! This is what I like to hear....that healthy men just like vaginas and women women period!  Thanks for posting this :D  Keep doing this...and tell your guys friends to also because it helps women break down this forming myth that all this junk is important.  

Peace.
i just turned 15 years old in march. i believe its normal but im not sure how. i scared to ask any of my friends, family or my doctor about it!! i would feel embarrassed if they  thought it was gross or no guy want want me for ME! i just want to feel normal. i have a boyfriend but im scared to let him see it totally. the lights off! my lips are kinda long but after reading all of these i still feel embarrassed to even go to my Doctor about it. I am a MODEL, models are just like everyone else; we all are all humans. im not sure what to do about the discoloration. PLEASE HELP!!!
well i have this issue as well, and my GYN never said there is a problem. she's one of the best at what she does, and if it wasn't normal, i would have known. i don't think you ladies should worry.
I HAVE THE ANSWER !!!!
i asked my doctor , its normal.
basically with black girls , like me, we have higher hyper pigmentation, and the discoloration comes from that area being irritated (from things rubbing against it, underwear blahh)  and it gets inflamed then gets darker as the reaction. ***** but happens to all races, but quicker to happen to those who have hyper pigmentation genetically as well.

he said you can help it by uses cream when it first inflames to prevent it from getting darker, but whooooo in their right minds actually knows when that is.

but of course with the bleaching and lighting creams comes side affects , soooo ladies, sounds like we're s.o.l ..   :'(
Hey I know it's been a long time since you posted about it. it was in 2008 but yeahh Im 15 and everyone is saying aging but its cant be. It's happened recently and it use to be all put away nicely and now its all blaggghhh like my lips arent as put away as they use to be and now they're brown and im white.. its not attractive and I've only had sex once!! got anything useful?.
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

It's not turning black... you're just going through puberty and the pigments in your skin are changing.

do you know how i can lighhten it?
I met my husband when he was 34, and by then he had had many women in his life.  He claims to have slept with over 50 women and tells me that women genitals come in many shapes and colors.  He said that men don't care about the shape,color, or size.  My husband said that we women worry about stuff that's not important to them.  He says every woman has beautiful genitals, no matter the shape or color.  I've heard women complain that their lips are to fat.  My man says he prefers fat ***** (like mine) over a skinny one. So like Lhack says, "love yourself the way your are,"  your man already does.
her entire body is snow white her vagina is extremely pink. personally i love the little bit darker  coloration of her outer vaginal lips ... to me its a turn on. we have been to her dr. about it and for years she was extremely self conscious about it but now that she knows i love it and its not bad it no longer bothers her at least as much.
I am 41  with med olive/ tan skin and my labia has been brown since puberty, however my hormones lately have been in a HUGE up rake, I think about sex constantly to the point I can't concentrate at work this has been going on for months and I've noticed my labia is now turning BLACK!! I'm worried, is this because I'm coming into my sexual prime or what?
Oh god I'm 21 and it looks like this am I just abnormal!? Oh dear I dread how it's looking when I'm 40! I need to find someone to love me very soon otherwise I'm done for gravity has took it's toll and everything already!
Is it really to be expected around our 60's?  I just noticed mine have gone from pink to shades of light gray on the outside to dark gray on the inside.  Ugly! Could it be because I haven 't had any sex in almost 5 years?  Not cause I don't enjoy it, but my husband isn't able to perform.
Nk
This could also be a result of tanning beds, not cotton underwear
Wearing no panties...ect