LLQ Abdominal Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

LLQ Abdominal Pain

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but my wife is having intense sporadic pain in her lower left abdomen, along with a very minor constant pain.  We have had blood tests, urine tests, an ultrasound, as well as a catscan done, but the doctors have yet to find anything to cause the pain. The pain continues to get worse, while the doctors have begun passing us from department to department within the hospital, each saying this isn't his or her area of expertise.  I am looking for some documentation of these sorts of situations that took a while to find the cause, so that we can help expedite the situation. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
There is something called cronic (chronic) pelvic pain...dr's are not always able to tell what is causing the pain.  

HTH.  and best wishes for your wife.
In my experience LLQ pain is either a Lt Ovarian cyst, but if U/S was negative, that is unlikely. The other option that it could be is her lower colon (bowel), aka the sigmoid colon. It may be diverticuli, or just plain irritability or spasticity. I know certain foods seem to really bug mine-like nuts, corn or lots of salads. Mine usually gets worse as the day continues on. One time, due to stress of my wedding and eating too much corn on the cob, my pain was excruciating. I ended up on antibiotics to help clear it up, along with Advil to reduce inflammation.
A barium enema or sigmoidoscopy/colonoscopy may help diagnose. Good luck!
i had an ultrasound done to try and figure out my cronic (chronic) pelvic pain....came back fine, dr said it was scar tissue....went into surgery to have some scar tissue removed and they ended up taking out my right ovary that was 12 times the size it should be and also found a large uterine fibroid that ended up with me having a hysterectomy 1 month later.so ultrasound is not 100 percent.i had my hysterectomy on aug 3rd and i already feel almost 100% better.