LMP date and Sonogram dates do not match
Hi. In early February, the 3rd to be exact, I found out I was pregnant.  My first day of my last period was on December 26, 2005. I have not bleed since then. According to my LMP date I should be 12 weeks pregnant, although when I went to get my sonogram this week on 03/21/2006, the sonogram shows the baby's development is that of a 7 week embryo.  Should I be alarmed?
Not necessarily, because the sono tech could be going by gestational age of the fetus which is from when you would have concieved, not by lmp date.
that still only makes 9 weeks were did the other 3 go.
Don't based on the LMP coz it might not be accurate.  Firstly, menses can be irregular or you ovulate much later.  That happened to me when im expecting my boy.  At first, the Gynae calculated my EDD to be in mid August, but later found out coz of my irregular menses the EDD is pushed back till 1st week of September.  Most important i carried the baby full term with 5 days early and impressive and healthy weight of 4kg.
The only way to know for certain would be to have another ultrasound done. I would be somewhat concerned as if you found out Feb 3rd, you would have conceived approx 2 weeks before then, putting it roughly at Jan 20 for conception. To have an u/s 2 full months later only show a 7 week embryo is concerning. My LMP was Jan 22nd, I found out on Feb 11th that I was pg, and an u/s on March 13th showed a 7 week 2 day baby with a heartbeat.

It is very possible the measurements could have been off, but again, the only way to know would be to get a repeat scan done.

Good luck, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Andi
My lmp was Dec 27th so we should be exactly the same. I show 12 weeks between Tues & Today. I would ask for another sono.
Good luck