Labia Majora problems? Yeast Infection?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Labia Majora problems? Yeast Infection?

Not sure if this is from a yeast infection/from it.
I've had a yeast infection before, but I've never seen these symptoms...

First, I think there was a bit of itching on the labia majora. But I did shave recently, so I thought that it was because of that, and I saw no discharge, and there wasn't a change in smell.
I was sexual with someone a few days before I saw these symptoms. The person gave me oral, and rubbed themself on me a bit with their penis. That was it.

Symptoms I've had after that encounter:
My outer lips have felt really dry (bottom of the outer lips near the vagina). It felt dry and chapped to the point that when I walked, it seemed as though they rubbed together. It was hurting, and burning a lot (especially the left side).
I took a mirror and checked myself out when I went home, and it seemed as though it blistered or something (mostly the left side), and I assumed that was from it being dry and rubbing together.

I have the monistat cream, so I used it on both sides. It made it itch, but it helped.
I also went and got the monistat ovules (3 day) for a yeast infection. After that, I did see what normally looks like a yeast infection.

However, the bottom of the outer lips are still worrying me...
I kept using the cream, and the blistering has gone away. But it's discoloured (I'm black, so it looks white like dry skin), and has spread from my left labia mj., under the vaginal hole, to the right one. It also has spread to the bottom of my labia minora.

Is this just a regular yeast infection, or do I have an std/sti?
Please help me.

I'm really, really scared...
One possibility for your symptoms is of herpes. When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. Typically, another outbreak can appear weeks or months after the first, but it almost always is less severe and shorter than the first outbreak.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Hey.
Everything seems to be okay now...
I went and took a urine test. No one has called back to say anything scary. Whatever was there has now gone.
After I used the yeast infection medication, it seems that it all went away.

Maybe it was just a yeast infection.
However, if it was just yeast infection, my wife took a ebook which is useful. Here is the link: http://www.psprite.com/yeast-infection-no-more/
I'm having the same problem you are, but it seems to be limited to my left Labia Majora only.  I'm Caucasian, but I can see a white area on the inside near my clitoral hood.  It's about 1/2 inch round.   Like you I am using Monostat Cream and also been spraying the outside of my left Labia Majora with Cortaid Intensive Spray to keep from scratching it.  I don't have sex or even a boyfriend and not even interested in a boyfriend.  I guess that is an Autism thing with me since I'm Autistic.    

I'm glad your yeast is now gone, but I really don't think it was any sexual activity you engaged in since I'm having the same problem.
AppleBr Loreena is home driving me ... Comment
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Shannon79, pb95, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals