Labia growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Labia growth

I have noticed a small growth on my labia.  It is inside the skin.  It's hard to describe, the best I can do is it feels like how a bumb would feel, maybe like a hair bump.  That is the consistency.  It is between the skin, so it is not anything that can drain or have discharge.  I have noticed it for some weeks now and I thought maybe it was a build up of some kind, like with a bump and at one time it seemed to even be reduced in size.  It did not hurt in the past, and I have even touched it and tried to message it to see if it might disperse whatever the build up was.  When I did that it did get smaller for a while, but I checked recently and it seemed to have gotten larger and now it is causing me some discomfort, a little sore.  

It may have stayed the same size the whole time and the soreness may be coming from its size and the friction from all day, but Im not sure.  I dont want to keep thinking this is nothing and it will go away and it is something that could be bad like cancer.  I am very young for this type of cancer, so Im just a little confused.  My paps have been clear and I have no diease.  I have had a few abnormal check ups with my blood count, which is why I have been sent to a specialist.  They have not found anything wrong, which is really why I am coming here to ask for advice so if I need to I can get help before its too late.  Thanks.   Help.