Laparoscopy for PCOS

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Laparoscopy for PCOS

I am 27 years old indian lady.I came to know I have PCOS in January 2009 , We are trying for baby from may 2009 but still have no positive results.
I am on metformin 1000 mg /day and folic tablet 5mg/day as per my indian dr. prescription.
I went to Obs. Gynec. Dr here in MA,USA.  and from my 5 months old reports she advised me to go thru laparoscopy ..... I dont want to go through it right now as i think its too early for me.
Please advice me what are other treatments I can go for ?
Also please suggest PCOS friendly dr. near lowell.

I don't know what PCOS is, but I'll be praying for you....
pls help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I understand your frustration. And I will tell you that the first step is going to a regular obgyn instead of an indian one. I was diagnosed at the ww hastings indian hospital when I was 13 and while they are wonderful when I moved away and had to use smaller indian clinics they were less helpful with my pcos. They are simply underfunded and limited for treatment options. They would put me on metformin but yhat was it. My husband put me on his insurance and I went to a normal obgyn for the first time. He wants me back on metformin and to try to lose some weight and then in may we are gonna start clomid. If you are trying to concieve (conceive) you should ask about it. It is supposed to induce ovulation from everything ive read it has a pretty high sucess rate, especially when paired with metformin. There is also femara. It was originally for breast cancer, but seems to help with ovulation in pcos. From all the research ive done laprascopy is sort of the last resort. I'd try a new doc.
gjjl commented on gjjl's status
1 hr ago
gjjl I have a leak and now am ha... Comment
1 hr ago
LandM2009, and Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals