Women's Health Community
Laparoscopy (large ovarian cyst + L ovary removal) RECOVERY TIPS!?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Laparoscopy (large ovarian cyst + L ovary removal) RECOVERY TIPS!?

Hi there. Im a 19 year old girl and recently went through surgery. I only started feeling like something was wrong in my tummy about 2 weeks before I had to go into surgery. I couldnt sit right and i was walking like a pregant lady would.. Also I was feeling very constipated and urinating was very hard for me as I always felt like i wasnt releasing everything. My hormones had been really funny for a few months anyway and my period was also very irregular yet I never believed anything was that wrong. However when this pain started and all these other symptoms... my emotional state was also VERY crazy. It started being really really painful and then my family took me in for a sonar and xray. They told me that I had a very large cyst that could not be disolved using pills and that I had to be admitted into hospital straight away for the fear that it might ruin my left ovary.. When I woke up my surgery had taken an extra hour and a half and thats when they told me they also had to remove my left ovary due to the fact that this cyst was (8.3cm) and had twisted around my ovary a number of 2 times, therfore ruining it. My doctor said that my right ovary is still in perfect condition so having babies might be a little harder but its not impossible... I stayed in hospital for a number of 6 days and have now been recovering for a number of 3 weeks. However, 1 week after my surgery I had to fly home from south africa (my homecountry and where all this took place) back to where I live now in New Zealand. I had wheelchairs waiting for me at every stop off but still. My question is, Would the flying cross country so soon after my surgery have set me back maybe a little? What are your tips for recovery (eating wise/lifestyle)? What can I do to preserve any fertility that I have left?? Thank you, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: jetlag, south africa, New Zealand, Fertility, laparoscopy, 8.3 cm Ovarian Cyst, Recovery, tips, Flying Airplane, Left ovary removed, emotional, health tips, Preserve fertility left
Dog
i had the same problem mine started when i was 12 tho i am now 20 and have went through at least 4 laparoscopys and had my right ovary removed.  about the fertility part doctors told me i would never have kids i now have 2 little boys my best advice would be dont jump into anything take it easy for a little bit get on birth control pills they help regulate the cysts
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank