Laparoscopy scheduled for Thursday and I feel a cold coming on!?!?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hi!
I'm scheduled to go in for a lap on Thursday for ovarian problems I've been having for several years now...(Pain & swelling on my right side midcycle EVERY cycle)

Now that I got my nerves calmed down,  sitters lined out....my to do list ready, my husband just came down with a monster of a cold and I've been feeling it in my nose and just the run down feeling. He never gets sick, and this has knocked him down!

Do you think I might have to cancel/postpone my lap because of this "head cold"?  I'm praying it doesn't get worse. I usually breeze right through bugs (we have 3 kids under 6, so we get our share of em)...Any suggestions???  I stayed in bed for over 12 hours last night trying to just rest and have been guzzling fluids nonstop!  I really don't want to have to cancel my surgery.  I go in for my pre-op on Tuesday. That should tell me more too.

Thanks & good luck to you!

Becca
I would just let the doctor's office know what is going on. If it is not too bad, most likely they will not cancel it. They may be a little concerned if you have a high grade fever or coughing up phlegm. Otherwise I think it will be okay.
Thanks!
I have the headache and achy body but no coughing/runny nose, which dr.'s seem to be more concerned about.....

I'm hoping they don't cancel it, I've been preparing for this for weeks now

Becca
Hey good luck today, it will be nice knowing you can come home from the surgery and just rest, without the kids around. you'll probably want to sleep.I hope everything go good for you, take care.
Hey, thanks for the reply!  YES YES YES!  I did get my husband to stay home friday!  Not only that, but someone offered to take all three of our kids Thursday night - overnight...whew!!!  So, just as I'm not as nervous about the lap, I feel this "bug" coming on!

So far, just tired...until last night. I couldn't sleep! I think sleeping for 12+ hours both nights last weekend finally caught up with me!  I do feel a little bit in my throat and nose. Nothing runny...yet..not a full blown cold like my husband has - more like an allergy. I've been drinking OJ (VitC)and water NONSTOP!! It's crazy!  I'm hoping they will go on with the procedure! I'll cry and beg if they say no!  My temperature is fine. My husband is miserable! Half the people I've corresponded with say yes, they'll still do the procedure, the other half say, no..they'll postpone it?!?!

I go in for my pre-op today - wish me luck!

Becca
have you had your pre-op physical yet? each time i had my surgery, i swear i started coming down with something. LOAD UP on the vitamin c, i know it's not been proven to be effective, but i did, with my last surgery, felt a BIG ONE coming on, so i drank a bunch of oj, and took vitamin c supplements(candy like), and i swear i was fine the next day. they will probably go ahead with it anyways, unless you have a big fever, my fever was up 1 degree and they continued. i had a surgery a while back, but i didnt know i was sick, they almost cancelled my surgery due to a high temp, but they listened to my lungs, and i told them i felt fine so i couldnt explain the high fever and elevated wbc, turns out i had strep...........not pretty having that AND trying to recover. well hun, good luck to you, and let me know how it went. did you convince dh to stay home on friday?
hope the surgery went well, and your on your way to a fast recovery!!!
AlissiaBreitenstein commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
gymdandee commented on New Scientific Analys...
breezytoo commented on New Scientific Analys...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals