Large Mons Pubis and Swimsuits
Hi! I am 26, and although I find this to be a very embarrassing thing, I've done enough research to know that I am not the only woman who has this: my mons pubis is larger than the "typical" woman's, and sticks out, especially with tight clothing and swimwear. I use to love going swimming or to the beach but I've become so self conscious as I've gotten older and its become more noticeable. I looked into surgery but I don't want to do that. I am trying to accept what I have and figure if my body put extra fat there, its probably there for a good reason (to protect the pelvic bone for one).

I guess my question is, do you have any advice for buying swimsuits? I want something cute and sexy but that will help so I won't feel so self conscious the whole time.

Also, should it even be that embarrassing? I know people may notice, but does it really look that odd that people honestly question your femininity? From what I've read on different sites men don't seem to care that much, and I'm not sure that they're just exceptions. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Its nice to be in a place mentally where one can accept their body and be confident, but this is something that can be really easy to feel embarrassed about, even though God made me this way.
Men I know would get pretty excited at just the words "large mons pubis."  I can see that it might make you self-conscious if you are not the kind of girl to advertise your assets in a blatant way, but it *is* an asset we are talking about here, at least in terms of attractiveness to the opposite sex.  I'm with you in not wanting to be blatant, though.  I've always thought that to be sexy, some restraint is necessary -- leaving something to the imagination and all of that.  ;)

Regarding swimsuits -- there are lots of different fabric textures and thicknesses, some of those that are sort of puckered like seersucker might make a difference.  You could also get a liner sewn into the front of any suit.  (That's how they keep Batman's and Superman's 'equipment' from looking like two jacks balls and a hot dog when he is onscreen.)  There are also some cute suits with a strategic ruffle that goes in a vee on the front; I've seen some like it that even have a thong back, so you're not going to look like grandma if your front has a little cover.
Hi, Belle.  How about one of those bikini's that has a skirted bottom?  I would think that would look great.  As far as being 'happy in your own skin', that's your 'work'.  I went through it when I had my head shaved.  Didn't like being called 'mister' and sir' and 'that guy over there'.  I thought it ridiculous that people couldn't see that I was a woman.  So, I went on a personal 'rampage': went to the thrift store and bought the most feminine clothing I could find, and costume jewelry to match.  Now I have five complete outfits that scream 'I'm a woman!'  I'm happy with that.  Maybe you can do something similar.  Blessings - Blu
When I said "some like it even have a thong back, so you're not going to look like grandma if your front has a little cover," I meant, unless Grandma wears a thong.  :)
I used to think that I had a large pubic bone and could not wear any type of pants without having a shirt long enough to cover it. But one day, I was reading this article about the posterior pelvic tilt and exercises on how to correct it. I thought, why not give it a try? It's free and I don't have to go under the knife, so I really had nothing to lose. After 10 days, I could see a noticeable difference! It seemed like my pelvic is shifting inwards, so the bulge is not as noticeable anymore. For the first time in my life, I was able to wear slacks with my shirt TUCKED IN! It was such a great feeling! Don't get me wrong, there still is a slight bulge there, but I hope a few weeks more of these exercises will make it normal again. I can't wait to see the results!