Large Painful Lump Near my Vagina...Is this something to worry about??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

A few days ago i shaved and the next day i noticed a dime sized lump near my vagina where i shaved. It is EXTREMELY painful!! There is NO puss or scabbing or of any sort. Just a large lump under the skin. It hurts to even walk or wear fitted pants. I can not even rub my finger over it lightly without pain. I been soaking in hot water & holding hot cloths on it. The lump is also REALLY hard. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?? It's a holiday weekend this week and My gynecologist only comes into the city on Wednesdays so i would have to wait a few days to see her. Is this something to worry about. I worry alot about EVERYTHING!! My cousin told me it could be an ingrown hair but i dont know if an ingrown hair would be this painful. I mean this is a VERY painful lump. I have never in my life had this happen it is the 1st time.
Avatar n tn
Sound like an ingrown hair and you are doing what helps.  Make sure you see your doctor anyway to be safe.
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals