Large amounts of weight gain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Large amounts of weight gain

Well, to start, I've had health problems and wight problems all my life. In high school, I was able to drop, but it never stayed that way. By the time I was 17, my weight was steady around 160. Last year I was diagnosed with Lupus, and since then was put on countless medications and tests. I've had endoscopes, coronary catheterization, many hospital stays... you name it. Then, a couple months ago, another doctor told me it was a false diagnosis, I only had fibromyalgia and an auto-immune thyroid(making me hypothyroid). However, I also noticed I have tipped the scale to 200lbs. This was a shock, I've never been this heavy in my life. Since then, I've been riding my bike around town for an hour every day... now I'm 225lbs.
I was hoping that the weight gain was due to the meds I was on for Lupus, but I've been off of them for so long now and am still gaining weight... dieting and exercise are not working... I'm really at a loss of what to do. I hate looking at myself in the mirror and noticing my back has boobs.

I know I'm not pregnant, not only have my periods been regular, I'm on birth control, and it's been too much of a gain to be pregnancy.
I'm only 20, I shouldn't be having all of these issues, and it shouldn't be this hard to lose weight... I'd be happy to be 160 again.
If you do have hypothyroidism, one side effect of it is weight gain---among others. Are they doing any treatments for it?
I'm taking Levythyroxine (Synthroid) for it right now, but maybe I should get my thyroid levels checked again?
KTowne commented on photo
1 hr ago
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals