Women's Health Community
Large lump at base of skull
About This Community:

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Large lump at base of skull

I have a lump about the size of a golf ball at the base of my skull where my spine meets my head. It's been there for about 5-6 months. I never use to get headaches but get them daily now, about the same time of day (late afternoon till morning. It starts in my neck, then I get a very hot sensation shoot through my head into my eyes. After that (about 15 minutes) I get a shooting, throbbing, sharp pain through my head from neck to eyes. I have recently noticed that when that happens my eyes get bloodshot. Any ideas what this could be? Thank you.
Related Discussions
  • period (1 replies):
    HI my last period is on 7 jan but still now
  • period issues (1 replies):
    why do I get big chunks of blood when menstruating?
  • periods (2 replies):
    i have had my period for almost 8 weeks now...what is wr...[more]
  • Freckles on my vagina (1 replies):
    I am 50 y/o and perimenopausal. I recently went to my g...[more]
  • lump in virginal (1 replies):
    here is a lump on my left side of Virginia just by the p...[more]
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
This lump needs urgent evaluation from a neurologist and any swollen lymph node, benign or malignant growth and vascular deformity has to be ruled out. I suggest you to get non invasive investigations like CT and MRI head done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
KTowne, Shannon79, pb95, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
2 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1464196836
Blank
KTowne 11 more days until we find ... Comment
3 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals