Large swollen painful bump on the outer lips of vagina
Since yesterday I've had a large swollen bump on the labia majora..it's very painful, it hurts to walk or sit.  I've been putting warm cloth on it and it seemed to help with the swelling but it's still really painful.  I don't really want to go to the doctor because I just don't have the money right now, and I feel like it would be a waste if it's something that I can take care of on my own.  Anyone else ever experienced this before? What can I do to ease the pain? All I've done today is lay in bed because it hurts too much to do anything else.
hi i was wondering did you ever find out what the problem was as i have the exact same problem as you had any info would be great thanks
Two weeks ago I shaved and about last Thursday sometime I got a huge pimple like bump on the left side of the outside of my vagina lip. At first I thought it was a shave bump cause I've gotten them before. But then I burst it, it went away but came back that Friday not as big. But this week on Monday I burst it completely to get all the blood and pus out now it left a small open sore. I've been putting rubbing alcohol on it and it looks like its healing. But I'm super nervous about what it is. Help pleaseeee !
I have one too. I've had it for three days now its showing no signs of popping. I can't get an apointment till next week after christmas. Zit hurts to walk or sit or even laying in bed hurts. Is there anything I can put on it or do to help??? Pleasse it hurts really bad.
I have these blister type on my labia minora I can't sit it's painful I can't walk it's painful I put A&D n calms down but at the middle of the night I have to wake up again bcz I have to itch but I can't really painful. n i will put some A&D again and go to sleep. can't afford a dr right now. Wen I urinate it burns. I never ever had this before . I took an STD exam like a month ago came out negative. What can I do to heal this fast.. Please help
I'm having the same exact problem right now
I noticed a lump on the lip of my vagina, further down from my clitoris, it started on the right side and went away over night but now one has formed on the left side and is a bit bigger and isn't painful but I can feel it there and it gets irratated, the right side didn't hurt at all and my left side has been there for two days. Any idea on what it is?
I have these bumps on my vag, they started yesterday and there was only a few but to day there are a lot and its unbearable to pee or ever move. I have no clue what it is.
I'm 16 and I have the exact same problem, just today i was about to take a shower and i felt it, i kept squeezing it and then it popped, only blood came out of it. it keeps bleeding but not so much as it did at first. it still hurts and when I put water on it it burns and stings. does anyone have advice?
I have one right now, it's really painful that I can't walk, I couldn't sit but now I can.. I've been taking hot baths for a few days now and I just took a aveeno oatmeal bath and it help a little bit... It ***** cause I'm only 17 and still have to go to school... :/
Ahhh. I'm glad to know I am not alone. I get these cyst very frequently sometimes two or three at a time. It's starting to interfere with my everyday life, I don't know if I should go to my doctor and get it checked out I'm too embarrassed and afraid of the outcome! Any suggestions?
It's more than likely a shaving bump. Which is nothing more than a hair that has curled back into the hair shaft. You can squeeze them and they will pop but it is extremely painful. If you can't stand the pain go to your li. Health Department they will help you for free or at a minimal fee.
My vigina is swolen and. My thingy in between my lips . It is realy sore when I walk or sit with closed legs what is the problem ? I'm to shy to go to the doc!
If you scald the bump it helps with the speed of the process.
Hey Ladies,

You are almost all describing ingrown-hair abscesses caused by shaving/waxing, more sex than usual, rough sex, or all of the above. a hair gets irritated, and you end up with a large, incredibly painful lump.

At this point I handle them myself. Take a sharp needle, sanitize, brace myself, and poke that f**ker till I get a hole where it can drain. And yes, it's a pub/blood mix, so about as gross as you can get.

We women deal with a lot. I just had a UTI, the day that went away, I got another abscess.
*pus/blood mix. You need a pub when dealing with this shiz
I've got a bump on one of my vaginal lips with smaller pimple like bumps on it...I also don't know if I need to see a doctor or if it can be treated at home..can someone please help!
I have had these bumps on my panty line, they are hard pea sized ones under the skin. I read the responses and most say they pop, but the ones I have had had just disappeared. I do shave and I kinda figured that might be what it is, but I'm wondering if the lumps I have is from shaving or is something else because the ones i have had disnt pop. if anyone has any info please reply.
Thanks so much. This helped me a lot!!!
Sounds like what I had n want thru many painful yrs until I found a plastic surgeon that knew what the lesions in my ground were.  Everyone should research or at least look it up. It's called HIDRADENITIS SUPPORTIVA.
best of luck. My case was severe n I had multiple wide excursions w/skin grafting. Hope this info helps!
I am having the same problem. I have a huge bump, its swollen, and where the whitehead is, around it there is dark red... Like a circle around the whitehead. I've tried to pop it, but it won't pop. It hurts when I move, walk, sleep, sit, I have a hard time sleeping now. It hurts so bad!! I am afraid to go to the doctor because I don't want people to think anything and I don't want the doctor seeing/touching it. I don't know what to do. :(
Ok so i was on my period this week. And the last two days i was putting a tampon on and i noticed it kind of hurt. I thought it was just the plastic tampon applicator scratching me. Tonight i got home and went to put a new one in and it hurt so i looked. It looked like a swollen pimple/zit. So i squeezed it and a ton of pus and blood came out onto my finger. Is it still just from shaving?
So I have multiple big bumps n the top by v area. I've noticed they've been dsrkening and usually occur when to many think hairs are growing. Do I have anything to worry about?
Hi i am sexually active, although haven't had sex in a while. I recently had some inflammation on the lip of my vagina and i thought it was a zit. It really just hurts but is really freaking me out. No pus or anything. No itching. Just pain. Its about the size of a skittle and I am not sure if I should be worried about an STD or not. Should warm water do the trick?
I have the exact same thing! I'm sexually active too, but haven't had sex in 3 months. I noticed this small bulge 2 days ago after my period got over. Is it because of the menstrual blood touching my vaginal lip? How did you get yours away???? I don't want to tell my parents about it! Help me please!
I have the same exact like exact thing you said. If you have figured it out let me know... and how long till it goes away because a am in high school track and i made it to states..... which is in 4 days x.x
I would have insisted on seeing the doctor but since you didn't every hospital has a patient advocate. I for one am famous for taking advantage of them. If the problem didn't get solved, I would go to another doctor after speaking to the patient advocate, and get a diagnosis, and then sue the hospital for that crap she did to you. Did she even bother to have the contents of the laceration checked by a lab? Since she cut you open and found nothing it would stand to reason that the next step would be to send a biopsy to the lab to justify her chopping you up like that. That's what I would do. Keep all your records. Go back to that hospital and tell them you need a copy of your records. You have a legal right to them.
the same thing happen to me, it hurted so bad i could not sit down at all my pain was so bad!!! I tried to burst it with a needle and made it worst so i went to the doc rite away!!! it was an abscess and they cut me and dranied it!!! u should go to the doctor i had my abscess for 2 years before i even went to the doc!!! u should go see a doc!!!
im also 17 and have the same problem this happened/started last year
I have a large bump o my lip were my vaginal opening is, its were it was last year and it hurts really bad, its hard to walk/sit and its hard to even go to sleep sometimes because of it being painful, ive noticed it earlier but since yesterday its been difficult to do things (i didn't even eat yesterday) and i start school in 9 days

Will it go away by then? Or pop on it's own?
Im scared to go to the doctor and i don't know what it is (im not sexual active at all or shaved at all since last year)
I have this same problem and idk wat to do
Did u get ur problem fixed
Hw did u get it fixed
I have the same exact thing! It's on my right side! It's scaring me! It's huge and it hurts a lot! I'm scared to tell my mom about it cause she will take me to the emergency room and... im scared of hospitals... i have a phobia against them or something... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!! I'm only 13 and my first one just happened on the right. It hurts like hell, though, and its scaring me... It started when my period started? Do periods have anything to do with it?
I'm also 13 and I noticed a lump on my right side when I finished my period. What happened to yours??
I get the same things and i was told its caused by blocked sweat ducts. Just keep the area clean, especially after bursting the pimple thingie and also i found sitting in warm water with a little bit of disinfectant helped the swelling and pain go down. Hope this helped
Isn't there any other way rather that brusting it?
i got the same thing bt it is not thattttttt painful......i had grown big but i squeezed it nd it has become small.....
so....anyother home remedy rather that brusting?
PS  {I M 16 ND I M VIRGIN bt i masterbate}
Lancing a boil is a very simple procedure (although painful) I have worked in surgery for 12 years and teach medical students. Anyone with a good concept of sterile technique is qualified to do what they did. Students learn by doing and if they were being observed you were in no danger and this is common practice. I hope it got better though! And there may have been pus hidden in all the blood it can be difficult to tell sometimes.
Hi, I'm going through a similar situation as you did. Do you know what you had and how did you treat it ? I'm in so much pain and all i want to do is cry :(
I have a bumb on like the folds but it's not under the skin be not on top of the skin. It's like when it folds it's right on the fold. And it's like hard and very painful and I didn't realize it brill now so it had to have formed in he last couple days. I know it's not an std because I'm a virgin bio don't know if there is like vaginal cancer or something.
I to for months now get red painful bumps in the inside of my vagina lips.  I'll wash and feel it immediately.  I keep thinking they are ingrown hair folicals but not for sure.  I'll soak in the bath to soften the area and then have my fiance use his nose trimmer to shave the area of hair and pop the top layer to allow it to drain. THEN hydroperoxide the area really well.  Seems to do the trick but getting them more frequently and not sure why???
Call your loccal health department,  tell them you dont want parents to know.  They will see u confidentially  at NO CHARGE & get u on birthcontroll.  It is a win win situation.  
I have the same thing ... the big bump near the vagina... I was scared, so I went so see the Doctor last nite (ER)... It's not STD... it is a what they Call "Abscess" so they drained it .. now I am home.. they put me on antibiotic and pain killer...

So  to "ALL" of you that are worried... best is see the Doctor.
You guys's posting help me... Thank you...
How did this abscess form? Did it appear out of nowhere or was it a side effect of shaving or something?
I have a bump on the inside my leg but by my  vagina it started off small I squeeze it and it somewhat went away and came back and now its huge and hard and I can't get it to drain or go away I went to my doctor and she just told me to take antibiotics and to soak in a tub and its not working what should I do???
Yes there is cancer u can get in ur private go to doctor and get checked
what should i do someone please help i have bumps on my lady part and im burning whenever i go pee i don't wan't to see a toilet that is how bad it feels.. i went to two different hospitals and they both said uti and then i went to my family doctor and she give me a cream called Lidocaine Hydrochloride jelly 2% which i used but i still burn on my lady part it feels like someone has a lighter and is burning me with it and wont stop whenever i pee... i need help i don't know what to do but i can't handle this pain not able to go pee anymore with out crying my eyes out i told my husband i just wanna crawl in a ball and die that is how bad it is because some on my bumps pop down there and i wake up all the time at 1 am and i hate it someone please help me
Do not wax,  trim it .  apply ice.  Wash with mild soap lukewarm water.  Coconut water,  drinking lots of water and vitamins e capsules helps a lot.  Wear loose cotton clothes.  No jeans no leggings and make sure ur underwear is of cotton. Change twice a day.  Get anti bacterial powder like absorb or candid and apply it everyday twice.  Make sure you drink a lot of water . and contact a really good gynaecologist asap.  Tc.
First I got like a little red little ball that felt huge in the outer lip but I couldn't see it only feel it and then like in the next day I started to see it more and more I got so scare them I starting applying vaporub I I was praying so much just have a lot of faith that is going to get better. After I started putting vaporub I started reading all this comments and I started to take warm showers and putting warm cloths and I starting praying a lot and putting everything on Gods hands and the next day I felt like a big paint every time I moved so I go to the bathroom and I see this big white head and I wanted to squeezed but I was scare so out of now where I touch it and it pop and I got it complete it empty thanks god it was all gone. Trust your judgment and trust in god. Thanks fully it only last like one day and then it pop the next day so approximately it lasted two days adding up with the day that it was like the invisible red little ball.
How often u used the vapor rub?
Warm water brings out the head so it can pop normal and yes trust God
OMG,I have one . It seems to be getting bigger. It doesn't hurt when I squeeze it but, it does hurt. I had one before and I popped it. But, I can't remember what I did to make it come to a head. I have been putting Triple antibiotic ointment on it. God I pray
Omg I get these too sometimes. I'm always tempted to pop them like pimples but that always makes them come back worse and usually bigger. So the best thing to do is leave them alone. If it's really big and hurts I put benzoyl peroxide on the bump/pimple thing and you have to be really careful because I'm pretty sure if that stuff gets in your vagina it won't be good. But yeah, the benzoyl peroxide makes them go away in a week or two and is really cheap at like any store in the acne section it's about $2-4. Just DONT POP IT because it will only get worse and scar. If you don't want to put the benzoyl peroxide on it just leave it alone to go away on its own.
Idk why it did that weird #& thing whenever I used an apostrophe but please ignore it
ok so i have this hard lump under the skin on the lip of my vagina towards the bottom. its about the size of a grape. I've been squeezing the **** out of it since last night when i found it, but only some blood came out. it hurts really bad and is extremely swollen. what the **** is this thing and what should I do. I'm currently in a hot bath which is bringing down swelling a little but the lump is still the same size and hard and hurts upon touch
Get checked for hidradenitis supprativa it starts out like what you have.
Try using a special hair removal cream just for the vaginal area.  It keeps hair bumps away.
Google Bartholin's Cyst / Abscess.

Sometimes swellings there are blockages in the Bartholin's gland, one of the glands which lubricates the vagina. These swellings will sometimes self resolve, sometimes the gland will abscess, which is very painful. Sometimes the abscess will "pop" (try sitz baths and warm compresses) sometimes they don't and need to be lanced by a doctor. If it's very painful it's worth visiting your GP/ PCP. Don't be embarrassed, this is very common and nothing your Doctor won't have seen before!
Does it have to "pop" or will it go away on its own??
How can I get rid of it dont have money
I usually get it when I'm on my period. I usually just pop it myself though. When it comes I put a bag of ice on it to for the swelling to go down.
I use ointment to alleviate the pain.  I showed it to the doc, when she was doinf a pap but she said it was probably just ageing as women tend to dry out.  It doesnot feel like 5hat it is very painfuland icthing is intense I can't stand it.
I just found out this morning I have one too... I'm scared... I don't know what to do... I'm only 17 and I don't want an operation... please help me... please
I have a lump on my outer lips and what you're describing sounds just like mine. It hurts to sit, walk, or do anything. It looks infected so I'm gonna wait until my boyfriend comes home from work later to go to the hospital or doctors. I'm only 17 and In a different state than my parents so I don't know if they'll take a look. If you find out anything let me know.