Large swollen painful bump on the outer lips of vagina
Since yesterday I've had a large swollen bump on the labia majora..it's very painful, it hurts to walk or sit.  I've been putting warm cloth on it and it seemed to help with the swelling but it's still really painful.  I don't really want to go to the doctor because I just don't have the money right now, and I feel like it would be a waste if it's something that I can take care of on my own.  Anyone else ever experienced this before? What can I do to ease the pain? All I've done today is lay in bed because it hurts too much to do anything else.
I had a large bump right in the crease of my leg right where the labia touches. I went to the dr and it was a cyst she said from shaving. oh it hurt like ****. she said she could stick a needle in it if i wanted her to. I told her no id deal with it at home. lol ended up laying in a really hot bath and it came to a head and i stuck a needle in it myself. I have had this twice actually. http://www.enlmedical.com/article/000842.htm there is some info for ya. Hope this helps. Take Care!
thank you so much! I figure mine is from shaving too, I just want it to go away lol
if you think it is from shaving, it very well could be.  is the lump under the skin, or on top of ?????  there is a difference.

if you don't want to go to the doc, just wait it out for a few days, and see what happens. It may very well go down in size.
it's under the skin
okay well that is a good thing!! std's such as herpes and warts are on top of the skin, as I said there is a big difference. not saying that's what you're worried about, but I know if it were me, I'd be thinking worst case scenario.

you do have glands on each side of the vagina, and they are under the skin. They can swell up if infection is present. all it takes is one nic from a dirty razor........just keep waiting it out, and go to the doc if it doesnt seem to go down.
yeah, I'm sure it's not an STD, I get tested regularly.  The pain seems to be getting a little less intense so that's good, hopefully it goes away in a couple of days.
just to update..I sat in a tub with hot water and the bump is pretty much GONE, well it "popped" now it's draining..sounds gross lol at least I'm not in pain anymore

Hi, you have a sabatious cyst....I've had about 3 at different times. As you have done ...sit in a hot bath...usually it will pop itself...

however..if it happens again...go to the doctor and get it drained...cuz if it pops itself...sometimes it doesnt drain properly...!! and will reoccur!! Usually the stuff that comes out is reddish blood and puss...and can sometimes smell really bad...

Its usually a day op only...and your able to go home in the afternoon... I had one stitched once and the other the doc left open to drain some more...

I havent had one for two years now (touch wood)

Causes can be from in grown hair, not being "clean" enough, from being in a hot and humid climate..and the area doesnt get enough air, or just a scratch from a nail....... my doctor said sometimes his patients even use a hair dryer to dry off...after a bath...

he also said, its normal for women to be in so much pain from it...feeling like vomiting...unable to sit down, or sometimes even walk properly... one doctor was amazed i was able to even sit down!! ..

you'll be fine :) take care
how long do these usually last
First time user.....question not posted just for pinkchic, please anyone help.

Thanks!
How many hot baths did you take before it finally "popped"?

I've had mine for a month, and am going to make a dr appt. However, I was hoping that a hot bath would work, but no luck (yet).
hi, i just searched the web for the symptoms of what pinkchic was describing and found this forum, i took bits and pieces of some of the advice posted up, and a phonecall to my mum! and managed to "pop" my lump.

had it on the edge of the labia (lip)
ive had about 3 now, never really knowing what they are, always had a thought that they might be skin cysts though!
other two went down within days of getting them, without realising whether they had "popped" or not lol
but the recent one i got about a week ago, i was wondering why it hadnt gone down so i was doing some research and noted some things down
then tonight i had a hot bath then took to the lump with a sharp safety pin, just 'gently' tearing the top of the lump a little in various places (just did what my instinct told me to, to be honest!) and it started bleeding slightly (it did hurt)
then i gave it a go of squeezing it abit, then alot, then harder etc. i got nothing apart from abit of 'normal' blood, so i left it for 5 minutes and had another attempt at a hard squeeze then suddenly aload of pus came out,
i was grossly shocked lol, didnt realise it was all in there!
but feel much better now i know that its out or atleast a relative amount of it is out so hopefully the lump with go down,
ill post again in a few days saying whether it worked or not

but so far my advice would be to have a hot bath, then hold the lump and pierce it a few times with a sharp safety pin/needle and then squeeze! squeeze for your life until it comes out!
haha sorry! i seem to have stolen the gist of your name!
sorry didnt realise, i just signed up and was stumped for a name and suddenly thought of that, must of been because i was reading your post minutes before signing up lol! :D

had it on the edge of the labia (lip)

hey im 14 and really scared i am embaressed to tell any 1 even the doc can u help me i have a large bump on my right vaginal lip it iz redish it hurts real bad it has a couple white head lookin things on it do u know what it iz im so scared!!!
help! email me at ***@****! i found these two really read painful bumps on my vagina it cant be from shaving because i dont shave the lips or just outside of them!!! im scared!! it hurts really really really really bad! but i havent been sexually active in three months! wouldnt it have shown up earlier if it were genital herpes or warts??? it isnt crusty or anything, and today is my first day noticing it! could it be from masturbating??? help!
ok... i think it might have something to do with the fact that i dont like wearing underwear.... so... i think im going to start doing that!!!
anyone who could help me out here,,I am so scared but I noticed that I had a big oval lump in my outer lip on my vagina....I haven't shaved in months...does this happened alot to women???I am so scared,what can I do  to get rid of it...I just lost my job so I don't have any benefits...what should I do????please help ...I am scared....
there is some swelling of my left outer vaginal lip.  It is a little more red than the other one. It hurts occasionally but not very much.  It has been there for about a week and hasn't gotten any bigger.  It doesn't look like there is pus in it. There is no whitehead or anything like that.  I can feel a bump but you can't really see the bump. Just the swelling. Any ideas what this is?
: : okay I have a question. I have noticed bumps on the outer part of my vagina. I have had these bumps for years now, they began to appear and disappear before I became sexually active. Since I have had them for so long I am beginning to become very concerned. When the bumps appear, it is usually two at a time sometimes even three (two on the left and one on the right or vise versa). The bumps first swell, the skin on the bump then turns into a pinkish-red color; the bumps sometimes itch as well as become sore. They become soft, and eventually cause a white or yellowish discharge if I mess with them. Then, after two to three weeks they curst over and disappear (then come again a month or two later). I have just recently become sexually active and I do not believe it could be herpies, because the bumps have always been here. I am at the point in which I am really concerned about what they are and don’t want to transmit anything dangerous to my partner. Does anyone have ANY suggestions to which this could be?
I've had a problem with these odd puss filled bumps since puberty... they were always small when I was younger, then I had gone quite some time with out one appearing. A few weeks ago a new one appeared, I wasn't worried at first but it's still there. Then a few days ago another one appeared, just above the other and now nearly 50% of my labia is very swollen. Its rather painful... I hope this hot bath suggestion works, walking seems to be making it more swollen. I do have a question however, the newer one that I developed is some what hard, has anyone else had this happen?
i have the same exact thing. i heard it could be a sebaceous cyst. but really i have no idea. if anyone has any clue, let me know! i am going to make a doctor appointment soon.
I have these too!!!! But I think it has something to do with my mensteral cycle. Does anyone else notice them when your starting? and in the same place? I have been told its a sabatious cyst too but It has never popped. Now I did have one another time closer to the inside of my lip that did actually pop and scared the you know what out of me. But this one has never done it. I have gotten it for years. Always around the time I'm starting. Anyone notice this? Maybe I should get it drained then. Anyone?
okay i've had this for about 3 days now which is my first time. it's stinging because it's near the place i pee.
then on top of that i've had the flu & today i started my period again so it stings x289432 when i pee.
:( i've started my period cycle about 2 1/2 years ago

i think i see the puss area which is where it stings. unless i'm looking at the wrong thing.
idk but i'mjust going to take a hot bath to see if it works
ThE SAME hAS hAPPENEd 2 ME
MiNE STARTEd APPEARiNG WhEN
i STARTEd 2 GR0W PUBiC hAiR
ANd ThE bUMPS hURT MAiNlY
iN ThE M0RNiNGS...iM S0 SCARED
2 TEll ANY0NE bECAUSE ThEY
MAY ThiNk iM SEXUAllY ACTiVE
WhAT C0Uld ThEY bE 0R WAT Sh0UlD
i d0? i WANT 2 GET RiD 0f ThEM S00N.
I have had these same bumps for years and no one can tell me anything about them.  When I say no one I mean no DR!!!  First I was told it was a bartholin's gland and went through a removal surgery.  Now, I am told they are sebaccous glands that get clogged.  Oh, and every new DR that sees the scar from the bartholin's gland removal says that there is no way someone removed my bartholins gland based on where the scar is.  OH, the scar is terrible.  It is an elongated scar that is hard to the touch in some spots and still soft in others.  It feels like there is still fluid it it.  I can not find a Dr. that will do a darn thing to find out what these things are and how to fix them.  I find it hard to believe that any Dr. would expect any of us who suffer from these bumps to just live with them- and continue a normal life or sex life????  I am so embarrased by mine that I don't want to have sex with my husband!!  I feel like a feak of nature with a lumpy too too!
Did I mention that the stuff that comes out of these bumps smells like dirty bellybutton!!!  and sometimes they get infected because I start trying to sqeeze on them and then green stuff comes out.  One DR. did say to use warm witch hazel compresses to help with the swelling and it did bring the swelling down.  But...I still have the lumps-
on my lumps there is no pus in it. There is no whitehead or anything like that.  I can feel a bump but you can't really see the bump. Just the swelling likea bump is underneth and when i sqeeze nothng comes out it just hurt then i start to see my meat then it becomes a sore/scab only on my skin where my pubic hairs at. like 1-2 bumps come and then it will sting become a hurtful sore cause i pick w/them. none! on my vaginal more on the pubic hair i dont wear panties that often but now i see them simular symtoms on other parts of my body-------1 on my upper thigh like a boil, another was in the middle of my back and upper arm i even notice i had one come 1time on the side of my face, eyebrow and now i have a sore in the inside of ear like a blackhead/scab.  the cartledge of my nose it feel like a bugar i cant get out my nose  now thats a sore can it be my hiegne it feel like fleas or something picking w my skin and i dont have any pets or be around them but i have been neglating the tub i just keep getting little sores in the most odd places Any ideas what this is ?           dirt/dirty?
I just check on Wikipedia and found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_cyst
  It shows pictures of the cyst.  This is what I have on my left vaginal lip or it sure looks and sounds like what everyone on here is discribing.  Mine just started the other day.  I squeezed it a couple times and got some puss.  but it is still there!!!!  ARRRGGGG!!!
There is an autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's. It's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, vaginal sores, cuts, boils, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.  You can also visit the American Behcet's Disease Association's website message board for further information.
I was just wondering if i have anything to worry about. I noticed when in the shower the other night a redish bump on the outisde of one of the vagina lips. Its quite tender to touch but just sort of feels like a spot, that same kind of lumpyness lol. Ive never had sex or been involved with anyone who has any kind of std or genital warts, so i dont think its any of them. I shaved about 2 weeks ago. Im just worried that it wont go down or something, because im only 16 and i dont really fancy going to the doctor or anything yet because i thought i'd give it chance to go down first. Do you think it will go within a week or so? Thanks.
oh also i forgot to add - it doesnt bleed, itch or anything like that, and it doesnt ache or feel really painful, its just tender.
it could possibly be a bartholin cyst i had one.. it will either go away on its own and if it hurts that bad go in they may need to drain it... they dont feel pretty
well i only noticed it last night, and its not really been a problem with me today, just sore to touch
im hoping it will go away within the next couple of days
thanks :)
It is probably an in grown hair that has caused your problem. Don't panic, I just wanted you to be aware,  if  you started having this problem over and over again in areas where you don't normally have  hair, then you'd want to go to the doctor. If it's only just once or twice, you don't have to worry about it. It's very common. A hot bath will help bring it to the surface. The sooner you can drain it, the sooner it will heal. It's important to know Behcet's Disease is not contagious, it just happens because there is something wrong with the persons immune system. I just wanted to get the word out about it because it's really bad and you don't want it to happen to you and wait 15 years like I did to know what was wrong.  I was told over and over that I had herpes even though all my cultures were negative. The doctors just wouldn't believe there was something else that could cause the symptoms I had. In the mean time I was getting really sick and it was all being ignored. I just want woman to pass this along to eachother so we can make sure they get the help they need before it is too late for them.
yeahh its not like a hard pea or anything, its just lumpy. It seems to have gone down a little bit, but its still quite sore. Ive never had this before so im guessing its like what you said. I thought i'd give it a while to go down on its own first and if it gets bigger or worse and doesnt seem to go down then i'll go the walk in centre or something.
Thanks for the help :)
i suffer from painful abscess in the groin area. they are so bad that i cannot sit down,lie down or barely walk. i had one removed when i was 19, it was under my clitiros and the size of an orange. it was excruciationally painful and i had it surgically removed. dr said it was the largest and first she had ever seen in that area. since then i get them regularly around diff areas. at the moment i have one on my outer labia, and also one on the fold of your leg/thigh. they have burst now after 2 days on antibiotics and painkillers. but still very sore down there. underwear hurts.
yeah i just recently discovered this bump and i think its a sabaceous cyst. thankfully i have a doctors appt coming up but its very very painful and so uncomfortable. ive been doing the warm cloth thing but i feel like nothing is happening. how long did you apply it? and how long did it take to work?
ok i have a lump it's under the skin and not painful. its beside the outerlips of my vagina it doesn;t sound like anything of the sort that you girls have been talking about . i noticed it when i was showering the other day. i'm worrited it may be cancer or something. i've had cysts in my breasts and i'm also worried it could be a cyst. cuz it feels the same as the ones that i had in my breast.
It coud be a cyst....or a tumor. If it is a tumor, it may or may not be cancerous. The most impportant thing is you have a biopsy done on it right away. You don't want to wait around to have that test. It will take a week or two to get the results. You said you just noticed it, so that is a good thing. If it's a cyst, no big deal, but you have to find out. If it's cancer, the best thing you can do is get it removed right away.
Hi Ladies!  So I am currently experiencing my first sabatious cyst.  I shave often, so i'm sure shaving was the culprit.  Plus, i just got my period a few days prior and am under a lot of stress - so my immune system has been compromised - additional culprits. Luckily, I stumbled upon this forum and it really provided a lot of helpful information and support.  I also found another link that my be helpful as well

http://medical.justanswer.com/medicine/i97k-just-going-post-q

The nurse discusses how to treat the cyst before and after popping it.  She suggests using a black salve containing Ichthammol prior to popping.  "It softens skin by weakening it slightly, which increases circulation. When more blood goes to the area, the wound will heal faster by ejecting any pus or irritant. The Ichthammol is the main ingredient you want to look for."  

However, once popping, she suggests using a triple antibiotic ointment.  "Once the cyst breaks, you must be very careful treating it - as it usually staph organisms. You would want to replace the black salve with triple antibiotic ointment - and make sure you wash your hands before and after treating the area. Staph can spread. Squeezing the cyst can rupture the capsule under the skin, causing it to spread and develop more areas of sebaceous cysts. Shower as normal, using soap to keep the area clean before you apply any of the ointments."

I just popped my cyst during a hot shower which released some puss, and have applied the antibiotic ointment.  Hopefully it will heal and go away quickly.
After thinking my husband had given me an STD and kicking him out for a night (my bad), my ob/gyn told me that the 3 swollen, painful-to-the-touch bumps I have, 2 on either sides of my outer labia, and one in the crease right where my leg joins my genital area are sebaceous cysts.  I too got them right before my period started and about a week after shaving.  

I'm really kicking myself for not letting her drain them, because I used the draw out salve with Ichthammal all day, and stayed in a hot bath until I was a shriveled prune, and I still can't get anything to come out of them, and I'm done poking myself.  

So ladies, go see your doctor and when they offer, just let him/her drain them.  Now I have to wait until Monday to go back to the doctor and it's pretty painful to do anything but lay down.  A bit of pure tea tree oil is helping, but moving around, especially the one near my leg hurts a lot.

It definitely hurts too much to even think about trying to make things up to my husband :)
That fact that you get these things around your peroid suggests to me that you may have Behcet's Syndrome. Having your peroid wouldn't cause then, but your period is likely triggering your flares.

An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, folliculitis and or inflammation in the genital area. Other symptoms develop many years later. It is different in everyone who has it. . Your immune system is in over drive. It is an autoimmune disorder caused by enviromental damage to your immune system.  It could get better or worse, depending on how well you take care of yourselves and how well you are treated.

My symptoms started at age fifteen with itching, inflammation, then folliculitis (ingrown hairs), then cuts all over the vagina from time to time. It is different for everyone who has it. Some people just have inflammation where others may get cuts, or sores aswell. Folliculitis is a type of acne and is very common in Behcet's and occurs during or before a "flare" and can be on the face or anywhere. Chronic yeast infections and BV come hand and hand with Behcet's because it is a immune system disorder that weakens the immune system because the immune system is working in over drive. You are now allergic to more things. It is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. Researchers around the world think it is triggered by strep throat or from other enviromental causes. It has been proven to not be genetic. Gential to Gential contact will cause a reaction "flare" in these people, so will a common illness, injury, or stress. It is very important for people who have this to rest often, use condoms, and take good care of themselves to avoid flares. They will also need medication like steriods and or immune suppressants, depending on their case.  Someone who needs a lot of medication to start, might not need that much with a little time. Common symptoms later in the disease, if it goes untreated, are digestive symptoms, bowel inflammation, possible bladder inflammation that feels like a bladder infection, arthritis, fibromyalga, and very late in the disease serious eye inflammation and possibly central nervous system involvement. People rarely die from this illness, the main thing a person has to be worried about is quality of life. That why you want to be proactive, not scared. This disease can be managed if properly treated.

For about ten years I had the gential symptoms and was sure it was herpes. My doctors said there was nothing else it could be wvwn though all my cultures came back negative and never mentioned it again. None of the medication for herpes had ever helped me and I also noticed my husband never got sick from me. The inflammation was the worst and I was using hydrocortisone on my own by then for some relief.

I started having other symptoms like irritable bowel syndrome and fatigue. Then after I had two children my symptoms got a lot worse. FIbromyalga, Interstitial Cystitis, Epi-scleritis (inflammation of the small blood vessels in my eyes), and things like that. My immune system was attacking my body. It took years before I had enough symptoms and saw enough doctors to start getting it treated. They are still not totally sure what is wrong with me. There is a lot of misconceptions about these things because they are thought to be rare. The truth is that they are just highly under treated in the United States. They think I have something called Behcet's Syndrome, the world's oldest known disease. It is an autoimmune disease that can be very mild or more severe. It is hard to tell what it is unless you are able to get enough of the symptoms well documented and you have just the right symptoms even though your symptoms might be totally different than everyone else's symptoms. The stress in your life plays a big role in how bad your flares will be.

There are no tests that can tell if you have Behcet's. It is based on symptoms only. Vaginal symptoms that look like herpes (herpes causes inflammation, cuts, or sores), canker sores in the mouth at least three times per year, and inflammation in the blood vessels in the eyes. It can take years for enough of the symptoms to show up and they usually don't show up at the same time. You really need to fight for answers. Go to the American Behcet's Association for more information, but remember when you are there, those are the worst cases, most people with Behcet's don't have it that severe and do well with treatment.

I don't have an offical Behcet's Syndrome diagnosis yet is because I have yet to have any serious organ damage documented, which can actually be really hard to do. Not everyone has to wait as long as I have been waiting. A lot of the time small damage from tissue and blood vessel inflammation can not be seen by any tests. Often, surgery is required for them to find vasculitis. That is how they found vasculitis in me during surgery looking for endometriosis. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't still be waiting to start treatment. I am lucky because my symptoms have not been as serious as some, but it has also been a big problem because I have been suffering greatly and not gotten the help I needed many times. Most of my symptoms cannot be seen and it's been very hard to prove that something is wrong.  I have had to fight back against people thinking this was all in my mind. I have had to find a medical cause for my symptoms on my own and a lot of time was wasted because it came on over a long period of time. Only one of the hundreds of doctors I've seen had ever even heard of Behcet's Syndrome, he was a GI doctor. They do not look for it. One doctor, my Rheumatologist, told me he didn't even believe it existed. This disease is very real. It's treated all over the world, but most American doctors no nothing about it. They do not know the symptoms or how to treat it. They rely on old information and still think it only happens to people in the middle east even though research has shown it happens because something has damaged the immune system and not because of your genes. It does not run in families and it is not always a text book case. You would think it would show up on MRI's, but often with Behcet't it's the very smallest blood vessels involved, and those don't show up most of the time. It takes a big incident for them to see it and prove that you have it . American doctors don't want to be liable for treating anything until they have enough medical proof to be sure that you require the treatment. It is not easy to get that far. For us, it is more important to get the treatment before something bad happens, not afterwards. I have all the symptoms and I am being treated with immune suppressants and I have had several doctors diagnosis my symptoms as Behcet's Syndrome, but with this disease the ultimate decision is up to the Rheumatologist. My rheumatologist says it shouldn't matter if I have an official diagnosis as long as it is being treated. He says he is more concerned right now that I will lose my ability to qualify for insurance once I have a diagnosis. One thing to look for as far as tests are concern would be a a slighly high white blood cell count...your nerophils mainly, but others white cells also. It could mean just that you aren't feeling well at the time to have it be a little high, but if you can gather your records and show that you have an on going problem with a high white blood cell count, that would be a first step in showing your doctors something is not normal.

One more thing....I've seen over twenty GYN's as well as other doctors and I did my own research on the possible causes for the inflammation and for the cuts some people with Behcet's Syndrome get. I can tell you from what I have learned  that these symptoms are not caused by any type of HPV. They also would not be caused by Herpes 1 in people with no other apparent serious health problems like HIV. Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections may cause inflammation and small cracks in the folds of the skin, they do not cause cuts in center areas of the skin, and they heal without reoccurance once the infection is treated. An anal fissure can sometimes occur in the center area of the pernium (between the front and back) because of straining or constipation. Unless you have developed more than one cut at a time at some point, or have developed cuts in different areas of the genitals other than the pernium, a pernium cut may just be a fissure. An anal fissure would be a single cut that keeps happening in the same place over and over again on in the center of the pernium. An anal fissure is caused by repeatedly tearing open the thin skin in that area from straining. Not like the small cuts that just happen for no reason the way they happen with the Herpes Simplex Virus and Behcet's Syndrome. I have one cut the comes back over and over again on my pernium area, but I also get cuts in other areas from time to time aswell along with severe inflammation. All of my hormone levels are normal. Those are the only things I've found that could be the possible causes for these symptoms. Just having the inflammation is a symptom, not everyone get's the little cuts. Not everyone get's full blown Behcet's either. If you take good care of yourself, you can do really well.

I wanted to add I have herpes 1. Just about everyone has it. It should not be causing your symptoms unless something is wrong with your immune system. I had the new herpes blood test that showed I have herpes 1 but not herpes 2. We started doing culture after culture of my cuts trying to see if it was herpes 1. I have never had a culture come back positive for anything. It took a long time to prove it, but we have finally established my cuts are not caused by herpes 1. Herpes 1 is much milder than herpes 2 and should not be causing ongoing vaginal symptoms. If it is, it still says something is wrong with your immune system. The white blood cells were the only thing they could find abnormal with my tests. They found them in my blood and in my cultures every time I wasn't feeling good. For years they would say, well that's because you're not feeling well today. Until I gathered 15 years of records showing that I am not feeling well on a regular basis, that was the first clue.

I am determined to tell as many people about this disease as I can. Look around on this message board and you will be floored with how many woman are having these symptoms and have not gotten any real answers from anyone.  It is really all about money. This disease pushes doctors out of their comfort zone, it forces them to work harder than they are use to doing, harder than they really want work. Infact, they have designed a system to help them avoid people like us. They will send a person like this to specialist after specialist making money off your insurance company hoping eventually you will just give up and quit faking it. None of them will came any real efferot. They will all accept your problem to be run of the mill, if they don't know, they won;t make enough effort to find out. It is the idiology that nothing bad happens to good people. That you just need to toughen up and quit complaining because you look normal and your tests are fine. It would cost a lot of money to treat us, so they ignore it and only treat those who are on deaths door and tell them they couldn't have known what it was because it's so rare. The justify it to themselves by pointing out their hands are full treating the things they do know about. I think it's time we send these doctors back to school and up the patients right to sue doctors that doctor meet our expectations. Why have we allowed them threaten us into less than we deserve? We are only wasting our time and money when their is no pressure on them at all to do their jobs. I believe any halfway intelligent person would have been able to put together what has been happening to us a long time ago if they were at all interested in finding out.

One thing I know is woman with Behcet's have a lot of problem's with their periods. Their periods often bring on flares. They can have inflammation in their uterus which leads to extra period cramps and may lead to heavier bleeding.

I mentioned to you that I had surgery looking for endometriosis. I was given many different types of birht control when they thought that was what I had. From talking to other woman with Behcet's and from what I experienced, all of the different birth control medications I took made symptoms a lot worse. I do not know why exactly, but I have not come across any women with Behcet's who did not have some problems with these drugs. I took depro, a lot of woman have problems with that, but I also tried an assortment of different pills that al caused my flares to get really bad. When I would come off of them I got better. The last thing I tried was the Mirena IUD. I would recommend this to other woman, but not to woman with my problem. My GYN didn't realize how inflamed my uterus was, he thought is would help everything get better, and for most woman, I bet it would, but not for me. It was pure agony.  I keep waiting and hoping the pain would go away, that it just needed to settle, but it never did, I had to have it removed. I believe the Nuva Ring, just like the Mirena, has a small amount of hormones in it. This might be the problem, it seems even a little bit of these hormones can trigger a flare. As long as all of your hormone levels are normal you should avoid them at all costs. With Behcet's you are at risk of vascular inflammation which can lead to things like strokes, so horomone suppliments of any kind are a really bad thing for people with this problem.

Don't just let your doctor tell you that you have a hormone problem just because that's what it looks like. Make sure they checked your homone levels. Make sure they can validate anything they are telling you. Also, see a dermotologist to make sure your acne is not actually folliculits which looks like teenage acne, but it's not.

I know this is a lot of information. I just want you to be aware of the possibilites so you won't be beating around any brushes at your doctors office. Knowledge is always the key to success. Knowing what might be wrong, can help you to rule these things out and get the right treatment for your problem soon.
A lot of woman have been writing back to me thinking I am saying I have herpes or some sort of STD. I was told I had herpes 2 for ten years. I assumed it was from a toilet seat. It wasn't until they recently came out with a blood test for herpes, that they were finally able to determine I never had it or anything else. I have herpes 1, which can cause cold sores of the mouth, almost everyone has herpes 1 and it's not considered an STD. It has also been determined the herpes 1 is not causing my problems. I have had many, many diagnosis that have now been determined to be wrong. The only illness I have is Behcet's Syndrome.
This may be way off track, but you say that you think you have an autoimmune disorder, and I was wondering if you ingest a lot of aspartame.

The problems you are describing are definitely not me, as I am now 38 years old, have just experienced this for the first time in my life, and these are bumps under the skin, not sores or cuts.

However, years ago, I did have problems with an over-active immune system, especially with a rash and my joints, and it was suggested to me that I might have Lupus.  After many tests, sonograms, echograms checking my organs, and blood tests, it was determined that I didn't.  At the same time, I was having problems in my genital area that my doctor thought was Lichen Sclerosis et Atrophicus, another auto-immune disorder, but two biopsies proved that wasn't the problem either.  Still the doctors put me on a corticosteriod, an immunosupressant, and an anti-malarial drug that they think helps with Lupus, but they have no idea how.

The drugs they had me taking made me feel even worse.  I ended up seeing many doctors, and finally one who used holistic approaches in his practice.  He specifically asked me if I drank a lot of Diet Coke, and, I drank A LOT of it. I had been drinking it for many years -- I remember when it first came out and my figure skating coach treating it as if it was the second coming.  This Dr. told me aspartame was made by the same company that created Agent Orange and the herbicide Roundup, and that it was not fit for human consumption.  It is true, the company is called Monsanto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto.  As soon as I cut the aspartame out of my diet, I felt better within 3 days, and was completely asymptomatic within 2 weeks.  All of my problems just went away, and have been gone for over 14 years.

Sorry if this may seem off topic, but if you do ingest aspartame, please try cutting it completely out of your diet and see if it helps you in any way.  The stuff is really evil, and based on the experience of some doctors and my own experience, is causing auto-immune problems, especially in us women who drink it to help stay slim.

I hope this suggestion can help you in some way, as I really feel for you and your health problems.  It sounds absolutely awful.
Actually, this is not off topic at all. I have heard of the dangers of aspartame. It can trigger immune disorders like mine. I myself, have never drank it. I remember trying it as a child and didn't like it at all. I have noticed I avoided a lot of things in my life as though my body just knew it couldn't handle it. Things like too much sun, unprotected sex, certain foods, staying out too late, medications, lots of things like that even though I didn't know anything was wrong with me. The bumps under the skin are called folliculits and they are a symptom of autoimmune disease. I think a lot of people have mild problems with their immune system. It doesn't mean it will turn into as many problems as I have had. Taking good care of yourself and avoiding stress in your live are the most important things you can do to keep your immune system health. Because I didn't know what was wrong with me for so long it caused a huge amount of stress in my life that only got worse and worse until I found out what it was an learned what I needed to do to control it. With medication, I've been able to get it down to just taking Colchicine and a Prednisolone dose pack once a month and I'm doing much better.  I have been learning how to take time out when I don't feel good and allow myself to rest instead of pushing myself until I get sick. I exercise, eat healthy, and take vitamins. It has gotten much better for me and I have been able to go back to work. They also thought I had Lupus for a while, but I did not have the right genes for it and my SED rate has never been high. It is just my white blood cells, mostly nerophils, that get high when I'm having a flare. They tried everything. I was on IV antibotics for a year to see if it might have been an infection that they couldn't find, but those drugs never did anything for me. The Prednisolone and Colchicine have worked the best for me. It was a little confusing though, because if I started them in the middle of a flare they did not help at all. I had to take the prednisolone on going as a shot at first. It takes time for them to start to control it. Thank you for listening to my story. I wish you the very best.
I wanted to add that I have medical records that show I had a bad strep throat infection just prior to my first symptoms. Researchers now think strep throat may be the trigger of this autoimmune disorder, although they think it can also be caused by other things in the enviroment as well.
hey everyone.
about a week ago i noticed a small lump on my left hand side of my vagina...i left it thinking it would go away as it was causing me no pain.
then 4 days ago it started to hurt a bit and as the days went on it hurt more and more. i was so worried and scarred i made an appointment with my gp.  

he took one look and said it was a cyst, i felt releived to say the least..lol
he perscribed me with flucloxacillin and metronidazole both anibiotics he told me to also take paracetamol for the pain and swelling.

its been 2 days into my medication and i am in extreme pain i cannot sit down and am finding it hard to sleep at night with the pain....

can anyone give me any advice...
blondie.x
i was wondering if the cyst are little circles or kind of a oval shape....can somebody please tell me!!
i have these bumps on my majora and minora i figuring its from shaving they are the same color as my skin and they just be itching i just tried to pop one and blood came out so i dont know what to do
i have these bumps that sometimes appear around the outter area of my vigina. Its nothing like an STD or at least i dont think it is its more of the type of bump that you would get from a mosquito bite except its kind sore and i dont know what it could be.
Thrush.  Standard yeast infection called thrush can cause small bumps on the inner or outer part of the labia.  When you squeeze them, blood may sometimes come out or even a hard white substance (old yeast).  Keeping it clean, while a good idea, isn't always enough.  See your doctor.  Thrush can occur as a result of poor diet and stress. It's very common.  Also, a yeast infection can cause what seems like a bad case of acne wherever the infection is.  The bumps many of you have been experiencing can just be cause by over active yeast in your system.  Try eating more yogurt with active cultures in it and see your doctor.  Everyone, even infants get thrush infections.
i have a few bumps on the outside of my vagina and i always get them. the one i have now is very painful and bleeds and pusses at times. im so scared of what it might be,and im too embarressed to tell anyone or even a doctor.
i have the exact same problem. i bathe atleast once a week just for the satisfaction. but my lumps never seem to go down. i am currently not sexually acted and have been checked for stis and im in the clear. can someone help,
i have the exact same problem. from now and then i get them. They usually stay for atleast 2 weeks and when i go to pop it its to painful.
like pinkchic etc have said try going in the bath. it hasnt helped me but it might help you. Go in the bath, then after try and pop it. this mght work for you.
I am so glad I found this forum!!! You have really put a little peace on my mind. I am still going to the doctor tho. Just to get a complete peace of mind. I was thinking it was the worst, like HPV. I was looking at the photos online, but none of them seemed to match mine. This is the 3rd one I have gotten in a 4 year span. I can remember shaving the week before each time before I got them. You guys are really helpful. Thanks a bunch!!!
Hi, I've been getting cyst like bumps since I was 14.  I am currently 23.  A year ago I started to all of a sudden get a busrt of like 3,4,up to 8 in two months.  I at first got them removed by my gynocologist.  However, it was leaving me with too many scars.  I was getting them from my labia, to my buttocks.  I finally had enough and went to a dermatologist.  He diagnosed me with Hidrenitis Supporativa.  It's a disorder.  I have been able to keep it under control a little.  However, I will say that it is much better than before.  So if you've gotten then cysts more then a couple of times. Please look into this disorder.  It can help a lot with the treatment.  Instead of having to get stitched up every time.  Hope this helps.
Thank you SO much, everyone.  You've pretty much put my mind at ease that the painful little spots are sebaceous cysts.  I had my first one about 7 years ago, and rarely thereafter.

Now in the last two months I've had three!  Not very comfortable, but as someone said, they drained easily after a hot bath, but the last one seemed so deep and large, it seemed weeks before it was big enough to get to drain.  Ugh.

I'm 42, and very "clean" but I do shave. I don't know if that's a factor.

Thanks again everyone :)

well it sort of sounds like what i got. it just hurts. how do i at least ease of the pain.  and  because i do shave is it casued of that. should i wax from now on?
hi you have said you believe you have one of these cysts. i suggest you go see your doctor as self diagnosis can be a dangerous thing! once the dr puts your mind at rest they will then proceed to tell you how to make it better!  in the meantime,
baths are always helpful, even if its only to relax you!
just this morning when i woke up i discovered this large lump under my skin on my vagina lip. it hurts really bad when i touch it. i know i dont have aids or an std because i have only had sex with one person and it was 2 months ago and he go checked after the last time we had sex and he was clean with nothing. but when i went to touch it hurt and it sorta fely like what was on my bellybutton after i got it pierced and it was infected. so i squeezed it and puss and a lil blood following it came out. i was reileved because i thought it would go away but it is still here right now. and its not an ingrown hair im almost 100% possitive.
im only 14 and i am  sccared and dont want to tell my parents because then i will have to go to the gyno and they will ask if ive been sexualy active and im not ready to tell my mom yet. so gyno or doctor out of the question! pleaaseeee help me!
hi there,

im currently experiencing the same problem, and while reading some of these sites it worries me alot, eventhough my boyfrind constantly tells me its ok and not to worry.
sitting with something cold on the area seems to work for me, the swelling goes down ALOT, but there is still a little pain. hope this helps a little :)
I am 22 now and I have had different experiences with these cyst/bumps... They hurt like hell and they are very frightening at first. I used to get the more often when I used to wear tight jeans alot. So initially the bumps were from the friction from my jeans. Either right above my vagina where my button is or in the crease by my leg. They usually went away within a week or less.

Over the summer, I experienced the cyst DIRECTLY in the crease of my thigh and vagina. It started off as just a sore spot and then grew over the course of a few days. It hurt so bad, I was limping for over a week, couldnt sit right, and had to lay a certain way to minimize the pain. I finally sat in a hot tub after about a week and it drained 10mins after I got out of the tub. When I went to the doctor, she said it was a skin infection from sweating and friction.

Most recently, I got one of the smaller bumps and I believe it was from my jeans, cuz the sex I had wasnt that rough lol. It drained a little and now its just a hard spot under the skin and a lot less painful. I went to the doc today and she said its normal, but this time she said it was from shaving. She also suggested I not shave, but to "trim" the hair because some women are forming MRSA and other skin infections that dont respond to antibiotics... but thats mainly for ppl who arent careful shaving cuz she said "if the skin breaks... and bacteria gets in'. Sooo yea... hope this was helpful for everyone. Glad to know im not the only one... Sorry so long :-)

Stay healthy!
I have read these forums about the bumps i am unsure if mine i have noticed is simliar ok these may sound gross but i had a bad cough last week friday i coughed so hard that i auctally urinated on my self soaked my self any way i had two hours before i could leave work so i had to set at my desk that way on the way it started to burn as soon as i got home i changed clothes and washed off it burned so bad that i put silvadene cream on , saturaday morning i noticed this bump only one bump it felt like a blister by sunday i had swollen some or became inlarged it is not on the lip but on the libia close to my crease in the leg were they meet in other words in between the two it was skin colored now sorta pink/ red last night i tryed to stick a needle into it and only blood came out but it wasnt for long and then i squeezed it and no more would come out so i figured i shod leave it alone it sorta feel shard around the edge and smushy in the middle i did not believe it was a the one bump people have spoke  on here about a bump every thing i read says they are on the lip were they form. can anyone help me to what this may be i have read about small bumps or multiple bumps this is just one large bump any help greatly appreciated
Ok.  I do have herpies but it is not herpies causing that bump you are having.  Here's why.  It is like having a hair bump on pimple on the vagina.  I have gotten them on the vagina and infrequently under my arms.  I do shave under my arms every blue moon.  I don't shave my pubic hair.  My own pubic hair just does its own thing.  When I get these bumps I can't get them to just go away.  They hurt a bit but they are definitely nothing more than something like a pimple.  You can see the big red spot of blood under the surface.  That is not herpies or warts guys.  It is just like someone with a crater of pimples.  It doesn't mean you are dirty.  But you may have crazy pubic that grows inward on its own.  You can try daily placing a warm towel on it to heal it.  WHen you walk in tight clothes it may hurt until the bump goes away.  You can boil water on the the stove and take a rag and dip it in and keep putting an extremely warm cloth to it.  Like a pimple you want to bring it to a head.  You will see blood and pus. You are not dying.  You didn't do something to get this.  Your body is sensitive.  Now you have to learn how to deal with it.
Thank you lall for sharing such details.... When I was about 11, I had a bartholin abscess and went throught 3 different surgeries till i was 16 for one to actually work. (they kept coming back during stressful situations) ...I recently noticed I had a painful bump on the armpit and then not long after I had one on my outer labia (right side) and when I move or sit certain ways I def know its there and is not comfortable. I know its not my bartholin problem as I've dealt with that plenty of times.. these suckers hurt so bad, even to squeeze it I cant imagine that..and the one on the outer labia is a kind of oval shape that runs along the crease of my thigh. I dont have insurance to go see a doctor...its a constant painful problem and scary that I have it two places now. I also have a lot of problems with also my throat swelling up (the gland around my neck/ear) so i dont know if there is some connection with all these bumps and lumps..if u have any advice please please help...
I'm SINGING people!!! Can you hear me? I'm so so SO incredible glad I found this forum. I've had these painful bumps for years, they go and come back every few weeks, and mostimes around my period. I thought i had some type of disease or something. I mean, you have to understand, I'm only eighteen and I've had these for years. Can you imagine being a fifteen year old and aving to show a doctor your privates. I dont think so. And it did start right after I started shaving, I thought they were just raxor bumps, then I touht it was ingrown hair....ANd then I thought I had some kind of ancient disease or something. But I'm definitely going to try a hot bath ( I usually have hot/warm showers) and see what happenes. I've burst them before but they always come back somewhere else. I'm not sexualy active, and I've been experiencing these even before I did a bit of experimenting in high school. THIS IS AWESOME!!! Can you tell how excited I am???? THANK YOU!!!
why if you dont shave is it bad!
i have a
im 22 and this is the first time i ever had smthing like this...I think i have what everyone has been talking about, what i want to know is did anyones lips swell up around the bump that almost makes u look like u have one tesical??? thats what mines starting to look like now...it freakin hurts and it feels really hot to the touch.. i just wanna know before i even try to do the bath n drain it thing, so that i know this is really what i have n not smthing easle... and no dnt want go to the doctor cant afford it....=[  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had these on and off for years. They are more prevalent when I shave (or use hair removal), but happen sometimes even if I don't mess with the hair situation. They seem to happen due to any irritation, whether it was hair removal, or just plain uncomfortable clothes (panties or pants that squeeze or push against labia. If anyone has medical knowledge as to why just average irritation would cause these, information would be most appreciated. They went from one appearing only on the outside, to now appearing on the inside after irritation as minor as a tampon that has moved out close to the vaginal entrance (now THAT is a painful bump, let me tell you!)
I know I am a bit late, but this has happened twice to me. The first time I didn't know what happened and it went away, second time I realized it was from shaving and it goes away after a week, so dont worry, but I would use wax in the future
Just a couple of days ago i noticed a lump, its so sore and really hurts when i sit down and walk. I cant even touch around it its so painful. I think its comming to a head now as its starting to look more like a huge huge spot. I cant squeeze it cause that would hurt too much, as like i said, i can barely touch it never mind squeeze it. Im going to have a hot bath now and see if it goes down.. but how would i get the puss out without squeezing it?
Hey, I'm only 12 years old and I have a lump down there...
I am 2 embarrassed to go to the doctor, so I wanted to know how many hot baths you took?
Please help!
I had intercourse with my boyfriend last night and have woke up this morning with a swolen vagina, i have a lump on the right side that looks like it is just ready to burst! Me and my boyfriend are both checked out regually and are both clean. I have had swelling before but never the lump, what is it? PLEASE HELP xx
Every great now and then I will get a bump on my vagina (different places) it hurts a little, but hurts extremely bad when I squeeze it (almost makes me wanna pass out from pain). when I squeeze it, it feels like a round knot under the skin, it can last up to 2 weeks, but most of the time I just stick a needle into it and squeeze for dear life and get a sudden burst of puss followed by blood then within hours to a day the bump is gone. Is this a form of a cyst? Also, I sometimes get them other places to like on my neck and have to do the same thing.
I had the same thing but i didnt no what it was either i never squeezed it i actually pulled out an in grown hair from the area once and then it drained it took a couple of days but it worked out.

to trac777 cud that disorder be connected to another autoimmune disorder? im only asking because i have alopecia areata and tested positive for ana and was just wondering if u would no? thanks
i have never really had a problem in that area. me n my boyfriend have been having ssex for about 3 years now. n i am over weight. i have always had bumps on my legs from them rubing together when i go for a walk of something. i have been staying at my granmaws house this past week and me n my boyfriend went for a 3 mile walk 2or 3 days about 2 or 3 times a day. n then we had anal with some of that warming ky. i have never used that. n now i have bumps on the inside and outside of my lips n a few around my anal hole. it has hurt like **** for the past few days. it burns like crazy when i pee and i can do nothing but sit on the towlet for about 5 mintutes after i use it. n i have been laying in the bed everyday now, only getting up when i need to. i do shave but im not sure whats going on. sence i came over here i have changed the towlet paper i use the laundry detergent and like i said the thing with my boyfriend.
     PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS. i have no money to go to the doctor. i am leaving in 2 days please help me soon im not sure when iwill get another computer to use.
i'm 15, mine are reoccuring cysts for sure. i've checked out a few sights because i'm put up with this. it hurts like hell & i have 2 right now. you know how babies with dirty dippers walk? i've been walking like that today cause it hurts so much.

i know it's ingrown hair because i've been shaving for probably like 2 or 3 years. just cause i think hair down there is nasty, it's not like i'm sexually active or anything. but i shave aggainst the grain. (if you know what i mean) to make it smoother, but i think that messed me up. cause now i really don't dout that it's growing back all wrong.

anyways, we only have a shower (or i'd love to take a hot bath) so i need to go to the doctor. & i need a pep talk. i feel way strange about this. i only have a pediatrician so like he can't help & i don't want to talk to him about it! & i feel weird talking to my mom, but i have to. this is way painfull. my question: what kind of doctor should i be looking for?

ugh, i'm sick of this. i wanna get it drained or whatever! but i am scared. i have the worst fear of needles. i really rather not get it removed (that sounds awfully frightening) just help me? please & thank you.
I went to the local feed store,per my doc, got a horse paluace*however you spell it,wet it place it there on the boil/infected hair and it will drain and pop it. It is not expensive: I have done massive studies showing humans can use horse products,especially for arthritis and boils and such. I had a bump like that on my woowoo, as I call it,and on my breast and it drew it out and never had a problem since. Hope that helps
I just tried the hot bath thing and picked off the white head and it just all ooozed out! I know it sounds gross, but as I was squeezing it, it just flowed out and I could see the lump getting smaller. At the end I had to squeeze a little harder to get the last bit out, but the pain was worth it! I can now properly sit. I put some triple antibiotic ointment on it and put a panty liner on my underwear to absorb any other leaks. Be forewarned - when it comes out, it is REALLY gross!! The lump is smaller now and the pain has lessened. So I'll sleep on it and see how it does in the morning. But I'm SOOO glad to come across this post and hear the hot bath suggestion! THANKS GUYS!!
I HAVE LIKE THIS SWOLLEN BUMP ON THE BACK OF MY THIGH N ITS WAY TOO BIG TO BE A MOSQUITO BITE,IT SOMETIMES ITCHES AND IT MAKE MY LEG FEELS KINDA HEAVY...WAT MIGHT THIS BE????
I have had the same problem as many of you the last two days. I had a large, swollen lump in the same spot that was preventing me from walking properly. I followed the advice about taking a hot bath and popping the bump on my own. I soaked in the tub for 10 minures and then tried tear some of the skin in the center of the area. It hurt pretty badly so I stopped for a little while and tried again 5 minutes later. It didn't seem to be working. I dried off and decided to use witch hazel on the area where I tore the skin with the needle. Then, I was about to put some antibotic cream on and I had noticed a large amount of puss on my leg!!!

My advice.... Soak in hot water, make as many holes as you can stand, put the witch hazel in the lump, and watch the thing pop itself!!!! I hope this works for you all as well!!!! Thank you!
i also developed an incredibly painful swollen oval shaped lump a little bit to the side but on the lip of my vagina. i am only 16 and incredibly scared to tell my parents about and especially to see a doctor about it. I am not sexually active or anything so I know it is not an STD or something like that. I've been reading these posts and have taken a hot bath, but it hasn't done anything except sooth the pain a little bit. I'm incredibly scared of pain so going to the doctor and getting it drained scares me to death, and telling my parents scares me too. I really don't know what to do except wait for it to heal itself, although it's extremely painful to do anything. PLEASE HELP. This is torture.
And whats witch hazel? If I'd need to ask my parents to get it for me then I won't do it.
I had lump in my right groin area late spring of '07 about the size of a pea under the skin.  I thought it was a pimple and squeezed it.  Nothing came out so I left it alone.  It was Memorial Weekend and I went camping on the coast.  I started getting feverish while there and the cyst began to grow bigger and bigger to the point I was miserable.  I headed home and went to the Emergency Room.  After hours in there, a doctor lanced it and packed it with gauze treated with an antiseptic, sent me home and told me to change the gauze daily until it healed.  

It didn't heal and I went to see Katie, an FNP I know.  She was angry when she saw how the hospital's emergency dept handled it.  She said they didn't get it all out.  She explained that these cysts are encased in a film and it they don't remove it all - it will come back.  She was also upset that they didn't give me antibiotics.

She took care of it for me.  She numbed it, got it all out, and prescribed antibiotics for me.  It started to heal right away.  It was totally gone and I was pain free!  Yeah....I wrote to the Emergency Room and sent copy of receipt from visit with Katie.  The Dr. that heads the Emergency Room wrote me back with an apology and greatly reduced the bill for me.

Now since this past Wednesday I have one of these again to my great distress on the left side of my groin.  I didn't learn and squeezed hopin it would pop...a little fluid and pus came out.  Then it grew and swelled big time.  Now I'm going to see Katie this Monday...she's closed on Fridays...shouldn't have waited to call her until today.  

My advice to anyone with these after my experience and what Katie told me is to see your doctor or an FNP you trust and let them help you.

I wish I knew why I have another one of these.  One cause I suspect is humidity.  It was hot and humid here Labor Day wknd and usually as a precaution I wear a panty liner if out working in yard or out in heat to keep this area dry.  I didn't and perhaps that caused it.  I don't know I just wish it wasn't there.

My best to all of you.

Hugs, S

Hey Everyone,

I definately know the pain. keep in mind when you shave you have to shave in the direction your hair grows in. When you shave in the opposite direction your not so fresh razor ( that has a very huge part to do with what i call "in grown hairs" ) forces the root of the hair down buried under the skin. When that happens your cloging that gland and then the Star is born. I usual feel them coming on so all i do is check to see if i see a hair thats stuck and with very clean tweezers I pull the hair out. And its like pulling a string to a bomb LMAO but when its out. its a relief lol. My point is you can try to catch it before it grows. Good Luck. lol

I've never posted anything before but I know how painful those things can get.

Take Care...
Okay this thing I have is huge it just looks like a red lump but feeling it scares me its like the size of a rollie pollie to be exact?????
I was sexually active today about 5 hours ago. I took a shower and while i was shaving i noticed a redish whiteish bump (about the size of a pea) on the left lip of my vagina. I have never had one before and it freaked me out. Should I try the hot bath thing? Pop it? Should I wait it out and see if it goes away? I just noticed it tonight. Help?
So I had an ingrown hair (exactly as you all are describing) on my labia in September. I tried to pop it as everyone here (and even my doctor!!!) suggested... It didn't work. I got an infection that turned into necrotizing fasciitis. I was hospitalized for two months and almost died. They saved me with surgery but then the anti-biotics put me into kidney failure and I had to go on dialysis and almost lost my kidneys completely. Almost died AGAIN.
So I just wanted to warn you, if the pain seems to go away and then comes back again and/or if you have fevers with this, PLEASE seek medical attention.
Good luck to all. I myself and never shaving that region ever again.
yea i think i have it hurts its getting kinda big and feels horrible i had it for 2 days now i had it a long time ago too.
J35
I've just noticed a lump under the skin in my vagina it hurts a bit but I just want advice here before I go to the doc, any suggestions? I thought it could be a gland because I have a very bad cough ATM?
Hi I have this lump it looks like a giant pimple sticking out of the skin of my labia but without newhite. But I can feel all around it and under the skin that its hard like a lump large lump under the skin. My bf tried to look at it to see if it was an ingrown hair causing it but nothing. Its sore when u push on it but otherwise nothing. Does neone have ne ideas what it could be?
It sounds like a Bartholins Cyst. I've been dealing with mine for about 3 wks now. I've had two procedures done. It started out with my labia being tender and then it got to where it was really hard and the inside was getting bigger like a grape. I eventually had to go the ER to get it numbed and drained. I couldnt walk, sit, or lay down. I could barely pee or take baths. Its been a little over a week since the procedure but it feels like its getting better. I want it to heal completely but it was so bad that my doctor said it could take up to 5 weeks before the swelling went down all the way. Im just glad im not in pain anymore.

Most of these stories sound similar to what i had. Some people get lucky and do not have to go to the doctor. Hot baths really do help. It brings the infection up to the surface.

But if you do notice something like this, then either go to the doc or immediatly start taking hot baths. It will make it heal a lot better. If you do go to the doctor then go on ahead and let them drain it. It will hurt, but it will hurt more if you try and wait it out.
omfg!%2BI%2Bthought%2Bi%2Bwas%2Blike%2Bgonna%2Bdie%2Bor%2Bsomething!%2BAnd%2Bi%2Bwas%2Bso%2Bscared%2Bto%2Bgo%2Bto%2Bthe%2Be.r.%2BThank%2Byu%2Bguys%2Bsooooooooooo%2Bmuch!
I've been having what seems like the same thing. I have a marble sized lump under the skin on the right lip of my vagina. It's VERY painful to sit, walk, lay down, ANYTHING and I work at a place where you are constantly moving. I have had at least... hmmm... 4 of these? The first one I had was in the crease of my leg and it was large and very painful. Next was on my vagina, but always on the outside or the lip and was couple with itchiness, but those were small and easy to pop (though still painful.) Now I have one that is marble sized and I've had it for about a day and a half... I've been in school and stuff, so you can understand how much pain I've been in as I change classes, etc. There isn't a head or anything on it, but I can't see it very well because it's in an awkward place. I tried using a needle to pop it, but only blood came out, so I'm going to try a hot bath. I'm relieved to see other people have had this and I didn't pick up some kinda STD (though I'm not sexually active at all or never have been.) I'm using a triple-antibiotic ointment on it, as well as a cream that brings pimples to a head. I took 3 excedrin and they seemed to help today, so I plan on taking some before I go to work tomorrow. I can't fathom how much pain I'll be in. I'm really nervous about it. But, I just wanted to thank everyone and keep everyone posted on my condition too, and to see what happens after I take that hot bath.
Ok so i have a question for anyone...i seem to be having the same problem as other people.
I have been with my boyfriend now for 1 and half and have never ever had this problem before in my life. We had sex and then the next night or maybe 2 nights after i noticed a bump underthe skin on my left labia closest the top (going towards the stomach). The only reason i actualy seen it was becuz i had a slight itch so itched it and noticed is was sligghtly more raised then the other side. i went to the bathroom and looked and ya i have a bumb on the outide jsut before the inside of the labia. i keep touching it now so its got a little swollen and i keep itching it  ( jsut because i know its there) doesnt itch or hurt and im pretty sure there is soo pus in it doesnt look like its a pimple or ne t hing. I also think i might have a yeast infection could this be from that? does anyone know what this could be....please help
I can barely sit or stand or hold my legs apart. I have not had sex in more then 3 years. I do masturbate frequently. I took a photo of these lumps - and they are right along my right outer lip. They are white, looks like they are puss filled and gross. I am also overweight (close to 300lbs) and have been under a lot of stress. What do I do?
Should I soak myself in a hot bath?
Go to a doctor? I have no insurance.
Is this deadly?
The pain is too much to bear at times - please help with advise.
I had a similar problem...I took no bath and about twelve hours after it appeared it disappeared. I don't kno if this helps any but u should b fine. Also if anyone can comment on wut I said that'd b great.
OMG%2Bim%2Bso%2Bglad%2Bthat%2Bits%2Bnothing%2Bcrazy%2Bbc%2Bi%2Bhave%2Bmile%2Bdysplasia%2Bthat%2BCAN%2Bbe%2Blinked%2Bto%2Bhpv%2Band%2Bthen%2Bthe%2Bsame%2Bbumps%2Bu%2Bguys%2Btalking%2Babout%2Band%2Bafter%2Breadin%2Bi%2Bremembered%2Bhavin%2Bthe%2Bsame%2Bbump%2Bin%2Bmy%2Barmpit%2Band%2Bits%2Bthe%2Bsame%2Bas%2Bdown%2Bthere%2Bim%2Bso%2Bglad%2Bits%2Bnot%2Banything%2Belse
I HAVE THE LUMP RIGHT NOW AND I KNOW FOR SURE IT'S NOT A STD. I'VE HAD IT FOR 4 DAYS SHOULD IT BE TAKING THAT LONG?
I've just found a very large lump that I can feel from my inner and outter labia but is protruding out from underneath it all (sorry it's the best I can explain. Intercourse is a bit uncomfortable and I just noticed the pain a couple days ago and found the lump today. It's about 3 inches long and about a cherry sized diameter. I have an appointment scheduled but until then I just want to try to inform myself. No real pain, just tenderness.
i have this large bump on my labia.  It is under the skin and feels like the size of a peanut m&m.  I have recently been checked so i no im clean although i dont no how to call my gyno office and approach this situation. I have tried to pop it and it hurts so much that i feel like throwing up... what should I do??
i have these to bumps thats under my skin on both sides of my vagina lips . there painful and grow every month after they go down. sometimes pus and blood comes out of it also ...can some one plzzz help me im scared and dont know what it is.... i think its an ingrown hair but im not sure
Hey guys. I have this same problem. I have for years. I sometimes get one of these on my lip, and sometimes they come in threes. Most of the time they are in the crease of my leg on my the lip. I have spoken with many doctors and it comes down to them thinking that it is Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Google that and it covers just about everything! Hope it helps!
Hi all,
I got this bump/cyst too. Just popped it and only blood came out...I still feel that there is a bump inside...is it going to go away? This is the first time I have gotten something like this, im 22. For those who have had this before, how long does it take to heal, and does it fully go away?

Good luck to everyone else who is also dealing with this right now....these things are awful!!!!
look up HS online and read about it...I bet that is what 1/2 of you all have
a LOT of people have this and it can be very painful.
I have lumps and bumps also and I notice that after they heal they turn a darker color than my skin is. (this is HS)
Please be careful of the fear factor of HS... I have had these hard knots for years and been to several docs  as with many on here mine are hard knots and sometimes you get something out of them and sometimes not.. they dont tend to crust over like HS is known to do. My dermatologist has told me after testing that they are staph infections deep into the skin along the lyph glands that run down there and branch out. It really needs diagnosis by a doctor.  If they drainage is ***** like yellow then it is an infection. For those of you who do not have the chance to see a doctor I was told to take regular bleach baths about a quarter cup of bleach in the tub for 15 min twice weekly. Many will just get a couple but some people once you are susceptible to a staph infect like this you always will be and have to take preventative measures. Salt baths are also healing but bleach kills the bacteria.  I have also been told not to mash for it can spread the infection. Draining with a needle is fine as long as it is sterile and super sharp. HS is more like clusters of boils that as they heal crust over.
An Old bird who has dealt with this for years
Hi all,

Im 14 yrs old and im not sexually active but @ the begining of the week a couple of days before my period i noticed a small lump on the outer right lip of my vagina it got bigger inthe middle of the week and it was really painful when i sat a certain way its under the skin and i cant pop it when i got off my period it went down A LOT but its still there i looked up cysts they didnt sound like what i have im kinda scared i dont know if you can get cancer lumps down there but my mom had cancer of the lymph nodes so idk i that has anything 2 do with that i PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
I think some people are describing several different things here...
there are boils found on thighs due to rubbing and chaffing.
The pain from these can be alleviated by taking salt baths and putting a dry dressing on them to prevent chaffing. They will soon heal.
and then there is ...
bartholin cyst OMG how painful, this isn't in the same league as a boil.
BARTHOLIN CYSTS are blocked ducts in the bartholin gland, this gland keeps your vagina moist.
I've had 2 in about 20 years. The 1st went with antibiotics, but the 2nd didn't want to leave me. It grew to the size of a golf ball, I could hardly walk or sit and had a week off work.The pain was immense and pain was etched on my face constantly. The GP gave me antibiotics and diclofenac, these didn't touch it or relieve the pain. I started doing salt water hot baths AM and PM. The pain got so bad I rand my Dad to take me to hospital, no way could I drive myself, I lay on the settee waiting for him to arrive and it burst, I ran to the toilet and blood and muck poured from it, the smell was bad too. The relief  was so good, I was so happy, I couldn't believe how it was to be painfree as I had suffered for 5 days. I think the origonal cyst hadn't completely emptied as I could always feel it slightly, now I have been cyst free for a year!!! I would advice salt baths, antibiotics and a good GP. I understand there is an operation you can have, luckily I didn't need to have in the end!
for over a year now, i have been getting a sort of chaffing on my stomach. it happens every month just before i get my periods. it hurts. it makes my stomach go raw and smells. when i try and clean it i wipe puss off. i'm scarred from the chaffing now and my doctor never said anything about it when he saw it. i'm not sure what the symptoms are for endometriosis but if this sounds like one or something else could someone let me know. cheers.
A week ago I noticed my left labia majora was swolen and it was painful after wiping. The pain got worse by the day, and I was feeling extremely tired, thirsty and generally run-down. By day 3 I realised the lump was actually just inside my vagina opening, and was smooth and bright red, about the size of a large grape. By day 4 I was taking panadol and thinking I should go to the doctor to have it checked out. Three years ago (while living in a dirty student flat) I got three boils, two were at the top of my legs, near my vagina and the other was in the crease between my bum and vagina, but never inside like this one was. Day 5 and 6 I was taking panadol in the morning and evening, and I was very tired and sore by the end of the day. Last night (day 6) I did not sleep properly during the night because of the pain and today (day 7) I decided to take myself to the doctor because panadol was not helping. In the shower, I ran very hot water through the pipes and held the shower head near the lump (which I had been doing everyday after reading this message board and seeing that warm baths helped people, but I dont have a bath). When I got out of the shower I felt less pain, I put my finger on the lump but amazingly it had popped itself! I have been in a world of pain for the last week but finally I feel fine, and I am barely sore now. I think the hot water really helped and I didnt even have to pop it myself. When I had three boils, three years ago, I had to pop them myself and it is excrucatingly painful. My advice is do the hot water treatment, but once your not sleeping and pain relief is not helping, go and see a doctor - nothing to be embarrassed about because we cannot control infections like these.
Good luck to all with this problem.
i have a grape-sized lump on the left side of my labia, and it hurt so freaking bad for the first two days! the pain was so intense i felt naseaus and really dizzy. but after putting a hot compress on it the pain stopped. i'm almost positive it's a cyst.. i know it's not a std because i just got tested two weeks ago and haven't been sexually active since. i've been putting a hot washcloth on it everyday because people said it's helped theirs pop (grossssssssssssssssss!) but it hasn't done much but stop the pain. i go to the gyno tomorrow, hopefully they don't have to take a needle to it lol. it's pretty embarrasing, but i hope they can just make it go away. it's sooo hot outside these days and i want to wear shorts but when the shorts rub together when i walk it makes it hurt all over again! i hope the appt. tomorrow will fix this problem, i just started my period and the cramps are pretty bad.. i don't need any more unnecessary pain lol!
i have this bump under my skin as well on the right side of my libia.. its red and the top it it is going purplish red??? please help
i have a dark purpilish what i think is under the skin bump and this helped me so much i got really scared it was an STD. but i popped it and it was whiteish yellow substance followed by watered down blood....i really hope this is one of the things you are talking about!! i will definitely go to the doctor also, but after popping it (sitting was pretty painful and uncomfortable) but popping i believe made the bump decrease in size. i'm waiting to see what will happen next. i will put a hot tea bag on it or hot towel and hope that helps. if you were to pop a herpes blister or a wart what would come out so i know that what i have is not one of these things and i can have peace of mind. thanks.
A few weeks ago i got this lump thats like more on my but than my vagina, that looked like a mole, or extra skin? It started itching like crazy! and now its red and painful!! I than noticed another spot, slightly colored, and there is a small lump there too, but under the skin. WHAT IS IT?!?!?!
I just had one of these that everyone is talking about. Its right in the crease of my thigh and it hurt soooo frickin bad!! This isnt the first time ive had this tho. Ive had it about 4 other times over the past few years but this time when it popped, the stuff that came out was way different. Well not way different but instead of the blood being watery it was so dark and thick! I dont know whether to be freakin out or not and i dont have the money to go the dr right now so im hoping someone on here can tell me what exactly that means?! Oh and it seemed like there was more dark thick blood than puss when usually the majority is puss with a bit of blood?  Pls help me cuz im freakin out :(
i have a really hard bump (under the skin) of my left vaginal lip. i beleive the cyst thing is possible but i just wanna make sure....was anyone elses bump really hard? cause it dosnt even stick out its just hard. and i squeazed it and it pussed a lil but its still hard. must be the cyst thing right??
I have a lump on the inner lip, it has white heads on the lump. I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and said it was fine and gave me prescription to help with it, but it didnt go away after the week o prescription. So I am hoping that maybe with baths that it will disappear or I am going back to the doctors. It's scaring the heck out of me but I don't think it's herpes. But I think anyone who thinks they have herpes should be tested because even though you have it, signs may not be evident. Good luck everyone, best wishes for your health!
i had this too.. i felt it a few weeks ago and instantly panicked. i was reading this tonight and just decided to try and pop it, it did hurt i admit but it worked. quite alot of pus came out. its still a little tender so im just hoping it goes away now.
Im only 13 and i found this lump on the top my vagina lip on the left-hand side and it really hurt the first couple days and then a took some hot water and just placed it on my lump thing and the swelling went down a il and im a sooo thankful i found this site and it really helped me i thought i was dieing or something but thx tooo alll u ladys for helping me and giving me advice
I have one single bump on the enterance of my vagina its pussey with some blood too and it burns when I pee and the pee gets in itm it doesn't really hurt otherwise but I can feel because I know its there. I have had something similar before but it was over 2 years ago I have recently been sick and not showered in a few days until today I'm freaking out I don't know what this is I haven't had sex in over 4 months and have only had sex with one person for the last 3 years. The last time I got checked everything was negative and I have not had intercourse since then. Idk what to do I'm freaking out tomorrow is saturday no dr will be open
I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend.  We haven't been together long, and I didn't intend for it to be unprotected, it just kind of happened.  Soon after I got a UTI, now I have a swollen gland at the base of my vagina, but what worries me the most is a red sore on the top of my right outter lip of my vagina.  It has a somewhat white center to it.  I have other red bumps from shaving, but this one is different.  Any Idea what it is, and what I could do, please help!!!
I too had a large vaginal bump on the right lower lip futher down towards to the anus, almost like the inner thigh area. About a month ago I was wiping and saw some blood. It wasn/t very big, and after playing with it and squeezing it, it bleed alot and there was some relief. It did get smaller. Then two nights ago, it got very large, to the point that even wiping was uncomfotable and I could feel it. Very swollen and painful. After reading this forum, I felt it was a sebaticious (?) cyst and that it just needed to be popped and drained. I stuck a pin into it, (yes a pin, very deeply, several times, and sqeeuzed till I cried). It bled alot again, and this time some brown stuff (puss) came out as well. It reduced in size, and I put some bacitracin on it to prevent infection. For a seperate reason today I saw my regular doctor, and asked her to take a look at it. Right away she told me it was a Bartholins Gland Cyst, the gland that controls a woman getting wet during intercourse, and that it was blocked/plugged up and needed to be seen by an OG/GYN to be removed. She prescrbed Levaquin 500mg once a day for 10 days, and I now have an appointment on Friday (today is wed) for the OB/GYN to remove it. This is very serious and is infected as my white blood count is elevated to 11.9.  She also told me to keep warm compresses on it as much as I can. I was also told I was not supposed to pop it at all and should have left it alone for the gyn to deal with only. So ladies, if your bump is further down by your inner thigh area, towards the anus yet on the bottom of the lips, DO NOT POP IT. Go see your regular doc, or your OB/GYN to have it dealt with and to have an antibiotic prescribed right away. Also keep warm compresses on it. If anyone needs to ask any questions you may email me at ***@****. see below for the emedicine website. Good luck all.

Bartholin abscesses and cysts account for 2% of all gynecological visits per year.1 The Bartholin glands are a pair of pea-sized, vulvovaginal, mucous-secreting vestibular glands that are located in the labia minora in the 4- and 8-o'clock positions, beneath the bulbospongiosus muscle. A Bartholin cyst is a fluid-filled sac that develops in one of the Bartholin glands or ducts when the duct that drains the fluid from the gland becomes blocked and causes the duct and gland to swell. A Bartholin gland abscess develops either when a Bartholin cyst becomes infected or when the Bartholin gland itself becomes infected.2 For more information on disorders of the Bartholin gland, please see eMedicine articles Bartholin Gland Diseases and Benign Vulvar Lesions.

Different techniques exist for the treatment of Bartholin cysts and abscesses. These include (1) silver nitrate gland ablation; (2) cyst or abscess fenestration, ablation, or excision using carbon dioxide (CO 2 ) laser; (3) marsupialization; (4) needle aspiration with or without alcohol sclerotherapy; (5) fistulization using a Word catheter, Foley catheter, or Jacobi ring; (6) gland excision; and (7) incision and drainage followed by primary suture closure.3,4,5

While a review of the literature failed to identify a best treatment approach, the author recommends the use of the Word catheter as an initial approach.6,7,5 If a Word catheter is not available, incision and drainage (with traditional packing) may be performed
i have the same bump but i had it before nd popped it and it went down nd away then a week later two more came nd i did the same nd i didnt see any more til a couple of months later a month after i had intercourse . nd i want to get help with it nd not pop it but i think it embarrassing so i will  just leave it to go down on its own . . .  but what are the risks of doing this ?  
I just noticed a small lump on my left labia majora a few days ago. I shave pretty regularly. I thought it was just a pimple or something, as i'd gotten a pimple down there once before that just took care of itself. Yesterday it was fine but pretty itchy until I went to eat dinner and then when i stood up, I could feel pain all on the left side of my mons pubis around the lump and even touching the crease between my leg and vagina on the left side hurts. now today it's much bigger and kind of red. is this a cyst thing I should just take care of myself by soaking in a hot bath until it pops or what?