Late Period on a Irregular Period trying to Concieve(conceive)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello, I'm a 29yr female trying to have a baby. I have been having irregular periods for 10yrs and for the past 5yrs I have been coming on every month. My regular periods last 10days ( Yes I been to the doctors and they are this way) Now I've been on birth control to regulate my periods but I'm trying to have a child so got off them. My period do come on every month; however, this month April my period came on in spots for two weeks and now spots after an orgasm. I've tried the HPT ( which are rather depressing to a person trying to concieve (conceive)) and twice was neg. last month; therefore, this month I decided not to take any. I have been focus on losing weight staying stress free and taking my vitamins (prental or flintstones chewable + iron which works really well and are ok to take). I am both afraid to take another HPT and sad that it's taking such a great deal to get pregnant. I've had a pap every year and it always comes back normal. But I do have a high hormon unbalance just from reading different stuff online. I am emotional at my ends with this and physically drained from trying. Do anyone have any heads up on anthing I can do? (FYI I can not afford a specialist)
In your case, hormonal imbalance may be the cause of irregular periods and difficulty in conceiving. You should consult an endocrinologist and get your hormone status evaluated. Also then according to the diagnosis, hormonal treatment can be started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.