Late period and vaginal itching! Help!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am 13 and started my period last month. It hasn't started again and I'm wondering if that is regular? My vaginal area is also very itchy. Is there anything that can lessen ithiness? I do not participate in sexual activity or masturbation. I am NOT pregnant. Should my period be actin like this since it hasn't gotten a chance to regulate?
Yes that could definitly be a reason why. It takes years sometimes after having your first period for them to regulate and some never do. As far as the itch goes your ph ould be off balance, that happens sometimes after periods or you could have a yeast infection hun
I hate to say it can take a few months for your period to regulate after your first bleed.  Even after thirty years of seeing my periods mine can fluctuate from 24 days up to 30.  Not everybody has the assurance of a perfect 28 day cycle.

Regarding the itching, you could be suffering from thrush, a fungal disease which thrives in warm moist parts of the body.  It is very common and you don't need to have had sex to get a bout of thrush, babies have been known to get it in their mouths.  I suggest you make an appointment with your GP who'll be able determine if the itch needs treatment.
Thankyou! I talked to my mom and she said it is something like a yeast infection. We have wipes and a creme and I used them this morning and I barely itch! It should clear up in the next 24 hours. I found out my older sister is on medication to help regulate her period and my mom used to be too. So it must kinda be genetic. I really appreciate the help!