Late period but negative HPT.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Late period but negative HPT.

My period is seven days late and it has been ten days since the last time I have had sex. I took a home pregnancy test and the results were negative. I have had mild cramping, like I do when I'm on my period, but no blood. All of my normal PMS symptoms have occured. The only thing out of the ordinary is that I haven't started my period yet. My boyfriend and I practiced safe sex and neither on of us think I'm pregnant, but we are still worried about it. Was it too early to take a HPT even though I had completely missed my period? Could I be pregnant, or could the stress from thinking I'm pregnant and exams from school have gotten me off schedule?
Take another pregancy test see what the results is. If it comes negative again call your doctor and ask her if they can do the blood test it's much accurate then a urine one. It could be your worried and your delaying it.

Good Luck....
Avatar n tn
Hi. Unfortunately I am in the same situation, and its driving me crazy! I hat not knowing. I've been very regular the last three years, and I went off the pill in February to start ttc. I was due on the 8th and now its the 11th. I've taken secveral test because I have a feeling. But they are all negative. I'm going to wait a week then see my Dr. Anyone else had this happen? It so hard to not know for sure!
Avatar n tn
My cycle last month was 26 days.  I am now on day 30 and still no period.  I took 2 pregnancy tests and all were negative.  I have had a lot of lower ab cramping and lower back cramping.  However, the home pregnancy tests were negative.  Called me doctor today and they are sending me for a blood pregnancy test.  Has anyone ever had a negative home pregnancy test but the blood work came back positive???
Avatar n tn
Hi everyone, My period is 3 weeks late today, I have taken numerous HPT...all were negative. I have had some major back pains and "mentrual "cramps. I was thinking of going in to the doctor to get tested butI don't know if I should wait until a HPT comes up positive. what are your thoughts.

tammy84
Avatar n tn
Hi everybody,

My husband and I trying to get pregnant for 2 months now. I have never been on the pill and I was sure that this month I would be pregnant according to my ovulation calculation. My period has been late for about 3 weeks now. I have low back pain and mild menstrual cramping occasionally. I took an HPT the first day I was late, I took another HPT the week I was late and I took the last test (a different brand) 4 days ago (two and a half weeks late). All the test came out negative. I don't have the signs of getting my period like swollen tender breasts and pimples all over my face like I always do. I don't feel like I will get my period either, but I really can't understand what is going on with my body and I am a little frustrated. I will go for a blood test but would appreciate comments from people suffering from similar symptoms!!!!
I would say go for a blood test, there's been a few on here lately that this has happened to, also join the pregnnacy 21-34 forum.
I have just recently experianced the same thing.
I went to the doctor and doctor said i was physically and emotionally going through pregnancy symptoms but yet i was still coming up negative on the HPT's. She pretty much garanteed that i was having en ectopic pregnancy, which means i am not producing enough hormones to show in a urine test. so this weds. i am goin for a sonogram. I pray to see a heart beat. This whole situation is tearing me apart. Im so confused and just wanna know whats going to happen. i need to mentally prepare and so does my fiance , but how can u if its not for sure?
Avatar n tn
I just got my period :-(
I will still go to the doctors today becase the period between two mentruations was 55 days and I beleive this is too long.
Avatar n tn
Dear Nevaeh830

Please don't get your hopes up too much and prepare yourself for the worst, then you will not get very much dissapointed as I have been today! Hope all turns out to be as you wish.

if you are wanting to get pregnant and your trying you trick your body into thinking your prego and really your not stressing out will also make your period late as so with excersising
Avatar n tn
I don't now wot to do???? I am 27yr old, my last period was 28/05/08 - i was suppose to have gotten sick around the 29/06/08.  I never got sick, bought a hpt and it was neg.... during the course of last mnth i experienced sever abdominal pain and noticed that my discharge was pink in colour.... thought i would get sick.. no!!nothing...   Today being day 41 that i haven't had periods yet..... not sure if i should buy another hpt, or go to my doc. please help, i appreceiate some advise??
Avatar n tn
I went to the doctors and got examined and got a blood test. It is negative I am not pregnant. So I can say that even if your period is late for 55 days as it was in my case there is chance that you are not pregnant.
Your body ovulates once during this cycle and according to the ovulation calculation you think you ovulate after approximatly 14 days from your last period but for this case the ovulation time shifts. As you know the true ovulation date is 14 days before your upcoming period. So in my case I got my period on the 55th day which makes my ovulation date the 41st day which is long after the date I thought I was ovulating!!!
Avatar n tn
I am four days late and 37.  My husband and I have been trying to get PG for almost 8 months now. I am on 100mg of Clomid. I have no systems of starting my period or even being PG.   I have done test after test with my doc in the past few months.  She tells me I am no where near mentapause.  I am coming out of a cold.  I have been on cold meds and wondering if that has something to do with me being late.  I did not realize I was late until 2 days pasr.  However,  I have had a cold in the past and I was not late then.  I read that I should wait a few more days and then test again.  Any ideas???

Yes I have taken a three home PG tests everyday in the mourn.  They have been all negative.
I am 4 days late on my period. I've taken 2 HPT and they say negative. 3 weeks ago I went to the er for some reason and the doctor did a blood test and it said I wasn't pregnant. My husband went online to see how accurate blood tests are and it said that blood tests are 98.9% accurate within a week of my period, but I got one 15days before my period. I don't really know what's going on because I'm honestly not stressed about anything. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I'm so confused...
I had an intercourse wid ma gf feb 22nd n her periods were to be started by mar 3rd, nw its been 6 days since no periods, while intercourse i used protection by using 2 condoms at a single time, and yesterday took an hcg test which showed -ve results, Is there any possible chance of she being pregnant. She' s under a stressful condition since feb month end, Cud it be a reson for a late period?
i have been having unprotected sex, and my period ended may9 and i was suppose  to start bck june 10 i am now 12 days late for my period and iv been gettin sick to the stomach the lower half and middle sometimes just on the left side but iv had sore breast, light headed, back pain, threw up  couple of times, and iv lost 11 pounds, and felt fluttery feelins in my lower half of my stomach? iv took 3 hpt and one urine test all negitive but one the very first one i took came up with a faded line and i feel like im pregnate, and dunno wat to do and me and my bf are wondering wats goin on , can you help me?
your not going to feel movement right now.

if you think your pregnant*** then go get a blood test since your not getting a correct answer
i'm definitely in the same boat. i've been a "negative" for 51 days. i'm starting to get worried. i have a pretty good idea of when i ovulate, because i actually get pain from it. and it was definitely while i was with my husband. now i'm at 51 days and i don't know what to do. they took a test and it was negative, but they aren't convinced so tomorrow i go in to do blood work. i'm praying something goes right because she gave me a scary alternative of possibly having some type of ovarian syst or something.
hello i was supposed to have my period on the 10th of may but its now the 18th could i be pregnant i have nausea and I'm tired all the time i get migraines like every couple of hours and I'm getting a small belly me and my boyfriend try to practice safe sex but sometimes its to late to put a condom on and we have accidents i just got a pregnancy test but I'm not sure when the right time to take it is i asked one of my friends and they said i have to wait a month after my first missed period is that true please help email me at ***@****
                                       sincerely forgotennomore

Hello every one
I'm 33 I had my tubes tied for 12 years and in February we had a reversal. I was also diagnosed with Polly Cystic Overy and the doctor put me on Metformin. We got pregnant right away but Miscarried at 5 weeks. Now my Period has always bin 28 day cycle 7 day period and it was due to come Wednesday and is late. I have sore breasts I'm nashous, the HPT was a faint positive but the blood was a negative at 1 day late now I'm 4 days late and still no period what is going on with me ?????
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals