Late/skipped period after a colposcopy and biopsy??
I'm not sure if I chose the right topic, but it sounded the best fitting.

Alright, so I had a colposcopy and two biopsies on Feb. 11. I had a little bleeding, and abdominal pain for a few days after, which i read is normal.  I then started having PMS symptoms starting about the 16th/17th (my boobs are a little more sore than normal.)  My period was due on the 19th/20th but still nothing. I took a pregnancy test this morning which was negative ( I really don't think I could be pregnant.).  I called the clinic where I had the colposcopy done and the nurse told me it was normal for the colposcopy to do this to women's cycles. Has anyone else experienced something like this?? I am stressing out, and would just like some advice! Thank you.
Okay thanks for nobody replying! I guess this site isn't as great as it seems. OH WELL.
Hey, I don't know if the actual biopsy and colonoscopy would delay the period, but the stress it put your body under may have. The more you stress about your period being late, the longer it takes to come! If you've done a pregnancy test and it's negative, just try to relax and tell yourself it should be here in due time. Your body wouldnt be used to having medical instruments put up there and taking samples of your cells! and if the clinic has also reassured you then I would definitely put it down to the body going into a little bit of stress. I hope it comes soon for you!