Left Arm Pain with Tingling and numbing feeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I HAVE BEEN FEELING PAIN IN MY LEFT ARM FOR 2 WEEKS NOW.  THE PAIN STARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LEFT SHOULDER AND TRAVELS ALL THE WAY TO MY FINGERTIPS.  THE PAIN IS STEADY BUT AT TIMES STRONGER THAT OTHER.  IN ADITION TO THE PAIN MY LEFT HAND GETS NUMB.
I HAVEN'T INJURED IT AND I DON'T HAVE SIGNS OF A STROKE.  WHAT CAN BE WRONG WITH ME. I DON'T HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITION ACCEPT FOR HYPO-THYROIDISM.

PLEASE ADVISE,
SANDR
Have you been checked for carpal tunnel syndrome?  It can happen in one arm and not the other if you do something repetitive with only that arm.
I would go see a doctor about it. Not to scare you, but women can get heart disease too- it's really the #1 killer of women in the U.S. Pain usually starting in the left arm can be an early sign of a heart attack later on. Or so I've been told.

It might not be that serious of course, but getting it checked out couldn't hurt. I hope all is well.
my friend found out she had a recurring form of multiple sclerosis and the initial symptoms were tingling, numbness and eventually limited movement.  it is a rare type, in that it comes and goes.  your symptoms could be anything and probably arent MS, but i mention it because it took awhile for her doctors to reach that diagnosis.
I HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPENING TO ME IT STARTS AT MY SHOULDER AND TRAVELS DOWN TO MY FINGERS.IT IS A TINGLING AND NUMBING FEELING AND SOMETIMES IS PAINFUL. ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO I HAD BACK SURGERY TO REMOVE A DISK THAT WAS SWOLLEN AND WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE THE SURGERY AGAIN BUT DIDNT, MAYBE IT IS IN YOUR SPINE.
I also have started having pain from my shoulder,it feels like right under my underarm is  tingling and itching going down my arm and especially my elbow. I have pain all the way down my hand..