Left ovary pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Left ovary pain

I've posted here before I really appreciate your responses.  I've been having pain in my left ovary area for several months now.  I went to the dr last month and he did a pap and it came back ok.  Now I've got an appointment later this month to go back to him and talk about having an Endometrial ablation or husterectomy.  I've been having pains in my left ovary area since sunday. Sunday it was so bad it hurt to sit, stand or even walk. I was going to call the dr yesterday but I was not hurting too bad so I didn't call him. Today I'm still hurting but not too bad. I was wondering what could cause my left ovary to hurt.  Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had similar pains??  Thanks
A cyst perhaps?
Best of luck!
Kaitlin
Has he not done an ultrasound on your ovary yet?  That was the first thing my dr. did.
An Endometrial Ablation or hysterectomy, are you serious?  Why would they do that if they haven't done anything more than a pap smear?
I don't understand...
I had an appt last Thursday for them to do an ultrasound but had to cancel it and can't get back in to see the dr till the 27th of Oct.  One of the reason why they are saying either an endometrial ablation or hysterectomy is I had my tubes tied 4-1/2 years ago and am not going to have any more children. And I've also been having very heavy periods every month and some months I have 2.
i still can't imagine doing either procedure prior to having an U/S to see just what's going on.
I have been having the exact same pain, I went and had u/s external & internal, results came back, they could see my right ovary but my left ovary was unditenfied????? i have to ring my dr for next step tomorrow. so keep ringing for a cancellation at the u/s place. good luck.
Have you heard anything more about your problem??  I've got an appointment with my dr on Friday.  I'll update when I know what is going on.
I have been having this problem for years! Except it's my right ovary that hurts!
I had a pap scan which was painful but came back clear. Then I was sent for an internal and external ultrasound scan, where they said my left ovary was fine but they couldn't find my right one!
I'm still in a lot of pain and still pressing the Dr for an answer!
my left overy is hurting me constant for about 2 and a half weeks now. i had blood work and that was fine and a internal ultrasound. that came out fine. my lower abdemen is also hurting only when pressed on. my doc is putting me on some meds hoping that its a infection, but she is not sure. anyone know whats wrong with me?
Are any of you guys on birth control? im having the same freakin pain for about 1 yr now and everything comes back normal. but ive been on yaz for 1 yr. im just trying to figure whats wrong with us. Let me know so i can keep researching on this. thanks.
I had two surgeries to remove cysts on both ovaries. each time I had pain only on my left side even when the right had the biggest cyst. mine were dermoids and measured about 7 cm. the only way they found out was through and ultra sound by accident. I suggest you be persistent with your doctors because when it gets to the point when it hurts more than likely they are pretty big depending on which kind they are.
     hope that helps.