Leg, feet and toe cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Leg, feet and toe cramps

I get muscle cramps in my legs, toes and sometimes in my jaw all the time. Just today after a long walk, my legs, the arch of my feet and my toes, wanted to cramp up. When I would stop, they became worse,so I had to keep walking with few stops. My doctor gave me Quinine pills 325mg. and they did help for a little while.
My doctor wanted me to take swimming classes for my Fibormyalgia, but cold or hot water will still cause my muscles to cramp in my toes (they just want to curl up) and the arch of my feet.I find, if I put my legs down on the floor flat the cramps go away. But as soon as I lift them back up the muscle cramps come back.
I have a bad lower back and I need to ware a shoes with a heel.
My foot doctor, tells me not to walk in flat shoes, with lower back problems. I tired flat shoes like, tennis shoes and my lower back pain is bad.
Can you tell me What causes this?
My mom had that issue for yrs they put her on potassium pills
Just try some food with potassium in it it should resolve the pain
Things that help = drink lots of water daily, vitamins & bananas, Emergen-C packets in water, well fitted walking shoes, and warm water....BUT the best result was when  I QUIT COFFEE.  It was hard but worth it!  I have not had a cup of coffee for 2 months and I have not had a toe cramp for 2 months either!!!!!