Leg pain
I am 42 years old and during the last year I have had constant leg pain. It begins in the morning and usually lasts throughout the day. Both legs seem to be affected the same way. My muscles are very tender. This is the kind of pain I used to experience on the first day of my peroid, but it would only last a few hours. Now it is almost constant. I find relief only by moving around. Could this pain be related to hormones and perhaps perimenopause or does it sound more like a vascular condition? I do feel as though my veins are painful. I don't have varicose veins but have noticed an increase in spider veins in legs and larger veins have become more noticeable.
i don't know much about menopause, but it might very well be that. but i have had two knee surgeries and i'm only 20. but i suffer from severe pain sometimes that is with me for days. my feet fall asleep, it hurts around the inside of my leg, and under my knee cap down into my shins, so i start walking different and then it makes my hips hurt. they told me scar tissue was affecting me and its making me lose circulation and that i have a vascular problem. if any of that seems simular to what your going through that could be what it is, then i would go get it looked at because it gets very frustrating. where does it hurt at???
My pain seems to be in my quads and calf muscles. When I press on these muscles they are very tender.
i would go get an ultrasound done..my friends mother had the same symptoms as you and she had blood clots in her legs
I suffer from chronic leg pain which in my case is due to herniated discs in Lumbar area and a failed back surgery. The nerves are damaged and compressed. Back problems can cause severe leg pain and tenderness. See your doc and ask for an MRI. If possible see a Neurosurgeon. They specialize in this area. You could have damaged a disc and not even be aware of it.. But yeah, I'd start with my family doc and let him see if it is most likely vascular, hormone, spine or whatever. Just because you can't explain the pain and why you are having it, doesn't make it any less REAL and no one should have to suffer the way you are.
I hope you get answers very soon. And keep us posted, please.
--J
Panda
panda109External User
I have and had the same problem and they found it was a disc degenerating in my lower back also. Im not in a hurry for back surgery yet, because I hope technology gets it better in the next few years because many people say that the surgery is no great help, although some., and the recovery can be a little rough. P.S. On that note, I got severe back pain when I had fibroid ( many ) in my uterus, and had to get a Hysterectomy.