WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Let Down Reflex-Not Breastfeeding
by Mink Heaven, Feb 09, 2006
I'm wondering if I could be pregnant.  I keep having a let down feeling and tingling in my breast and nipples.  I have a child and I breast fed so I am familiar with this feeling but is it a tell tale sign of pregnancy?  Any advise would be nice.  Thank You
Member Comments (19)
by blondie72, Feb 09, 2006
I do not think it is a tell tale sound of pg.  How long ago did you stop nursing???  I could still get stuff out of my nipples with my DD who is now 7 a good 2 or 3 years after I stopped nursing her.  I do not remember if I had the let down feeling.  All you can do is see if you miss AF and take a test.
by Linzyluhoo, Feb 09, 2006
I agree with other poster...this doesn't really sound like preg. symptoms. Have you taken a preg.test yet??
by Mink Heaven, Feb 09, 2006
Thank You for answering I have not breast feed since Jan 2003 I for the past three years I have not had any discharge from my breast and every period I never experienced this.  The let down feeling is really strong and I have excess saliva in my mouth.  Also I feel the let down in my vg along with excess wetness.
by oceans3, Feb 11, 2006
i have seen you post other Q's but you have not really addressed this one? what do you mean by a "let down feeling?" you have described it in 2 places..breast and vagina? do you mean you MISS it all? is that what it is?
i agree that it doesnt sound as if you are pregnant at this time based upon your post, although more info. would be needed, like last period and all that.
by painful123, Nov 23, 2008
i am 7 days post ov-- i started having this let down feeling at 5 days po-- breasts tender- feel crampy like AF will be coming-- think preg?
by Breezer15, Mar 01, 2010
Hi there, i  have a 11 month old son who i breastfed for the first 3 months for and know exactly the letdown reflex feeling you are expirencing! 23 days ago i unfortunatly had a miscarriage but the very early pregnancy symptom i had was this very same feeling which has left me to question. it was so strong with me i had to keep checking to make sure i had not leaked breast milk but never did. I also thoght i would check to make sure it was not still there from my baby and with all the trying in the world, there was absolutely NO breast milk in there. Funny enough for mr i have had this feeling all day today again and have not used contraception since my m/c. so fingers crossed for you and me :)
by MamaShell1105, May 01, 2010
I have been getting the milk let down feeling for the past 2 weeks. It is constant. I feel it every day, which makes my breasts feel tender. I am on the Depo shot, and have been since January. I took a pregnancy test, but I have heard with the shot, you can get a false negative. What are my chances of being pregnant? I would be happy either way. I just want to know.
by theatermom, Oct 11, 2010
hi,   I am 42 years old and breastfed all my children, but my youngest is 9 years old.  I have always occ. felt a letdown sensation, but lately feel it almost daily, and a fullness in my breasts that reminds me of the feeling of needing to go find my baby so I can nurse. Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know the cause?
by whatnow945, Nov 16, 2010
Same age as you, same # of kids, youngest also 9, lately having same thing happen. Am looking for answers as well....