Light Periods after mc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Light Periods after mc

Hi im new to this  i had a mc on the 10th of may this year at 20+  i gave birth to a little boy only weighing 1Lb 4 ozs they detected at 13 weeks i had a subchronic haematoma wich i was told would dissapear in a few weeks however didnt and i bleed from about 13 weeks right up till i lost him it was a natural full mc however i lost alot of blood during it and had 2 be put on ferus sulphate as my haemoglobin was low i onlyi bled for about a week and it was fairly light  and it has been 7 weeks and i have just got what i thought was my af excactly 7 weeks after but it has been verly light it started last tuesday and i have barely filled an st sry tmi its only been pink and brown n rather sticky i was told to suspect a very heavy period, my periods before were every 36 days and lasted for 4 days and were moderate 2 heavy so i dont get it ive been reading up about it and some women have been the same we are ttc again but i keep thinking now this will not be possible i did go 2 the docz as much use as they are and she told me if im bleeeding im obv ovulating so i have nothing to worry about i got blood tests a few weeks after i gave birth 2 check all my levels and they were back down 2 0 they even told me 2 take a pregnancy test and i cried when it was negative but then i thought yes we can start trying again and i stopped worrying however now my heads everywere i dont know what to do she did tell me 2 take a pregnancy test in a few weeks as i might be having implantation bleeding i did take 1 and it was negative im hoping it was 2 soon 2 test but im hoping someone has some insight to help me understnad whats going on i wud much appriciate it
It is normal for your periods to be wonky after a miscarriage. It can take a few cycles to get back to normal.

Many doctors recommend waiting a few cycle to try to conceive again 1) it allows your cycle to return to normal and makes dating a pregnancy easier and 2) it gives you time to work through your grief before adding the additional emotional roller coaster of TTC.

(((hug))) I am so sorry for your loss and wish you all the best