Light greenish spotting(stds?)

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Light greenish spotting(stds?)

Hello im Jay, I've been on birth control for a year,the beggining of December i satrted spotting on and off till 23rd i had heavy for a whole week, I had unprotected intercourse in that week and right after started spotting little greenish wettness since,My question ia could this be an std? I've always had the same parthner and done it unprotected.
These can be the signs of infection and if you are sexually active then trichomoniasis should be ruled out. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, yellow-green, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

It is diagnosed by pelvic examination, swabs of the discharge and their culture sensitivity. Treatment is by metronidazole (oral and pessaries).
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals