Light long period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Light long period

I've been having problems for a few months now When I got my period in the end of December it had been 2 1/2 months and prometrium started it.  Now it came on about the 32nd day of my cycle, with dark spotting for about 4 days, and then a little bit heavier after that.  Only about a pad a day, never as heavy as usual.  No cramps, or breast tenderness like I usually get.  I am now on day 10 of my period.  I checked my cervix a little over a week before my period and it was very egg whitey and stretched about an inch, that was sunday morning a week from that morning was when af came.  today, day 10 of flow is moderate and pinkish in color.  Is this my period or early pregnancy bleeding, and if period why so long?? Thanks for any help
As I was posting i have begun to bleed heavily, and went to the bathroom to find a large clot--sorry to be so frank--my period--wierd for the 10th day--possible misscariage?
Sounds like you need to check in with your doctor.  Is there
a chance you're pregnant?  You might think about taking a
HPT if there's a chance.
I called the doctor, and am waiting for a nurse to call back.  There is a chance that I could be pregnant, but I don't think I would clot like that if it was just early pregnancy bleeding
The nurse called back, they think it could be a miscarriage.  She told me to take a HPT tomorrow morning and call to make an appointment
AWW I'm sorry where you trying to get pg?  I hope that wasn't the case.  Let us know what the HPT said.
Well, the HPT came out positive this morning.  Does anyone know anybody who has had first trimester bleeding, with a few clots with a viable pregnancy?--I'm calling the doctor as soon as they open, I guess for a blood test and ultrasound
Congratulations!  When are you due?
I went for my blood test today, and it was negative.  They believe that the bleeding and clot, and extremely long "period" was me miscarrying.  I'm still bleeding though, and feel like I'm not getting many answers from my doctors office, and have still only talked to the nurse
Yes, I had some light bleeding with my 1st and last pregnancies.
With my first pregnancy, I passed some rather large clots. (They
were like the size of cooked beets.)  My doctor that sometimes
they are formed because of friction of the uterus.  Good idea
to check again with your doctor.
Hi, Just hoping to find out a few answers. My doctor seems to never have answers and ships me to different doctores that also don't have answers.

I've had my period for about 3 weeks, I'm 17 and i'm starting to get worried about my heath. umm its light and I keep thinking its going to be over soon because it turns that browny colour but then it comes back bright red a few hours later.

Any thoughts?