Light period after essure procedure???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Light period after essure procedure???

I had the Essure tubal done on Feb, 2nd. my period is super light, I expected it to be heavy.. - it was before! And, I was on the pill, and went off about a month ago, so are the hormones still lingering around helping my cycle be lighter?? does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks! Jen
I had the Essure done on Dec 21, I have also already had my xray to make sure it worked. I to am having light periods, like almost none. I was also wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
I havent had the essure done.  But to my knowledge during the first 3 months following the procedure, your body and the micro-inserts work together to form a tissue barrier that prevents sperm from reaching the egg. During this period, you will need to use another form of birth control.
After 3 months, your doctor will perform an Essure Confirmation Test, a special type of x-ray to confirm that your tubes are completely blocked and you can rely on the Essure micro-inserts for birth control.
http://www.drherzogwomensspecialist.com/
I have late period, it is every 35 days, I am 38 years old, it is very light and very dark it likes a spots there is not a hot flushes
I have had the procedure. But my periods have always been light. My issue is having no period at all. I never got in July and then got it in August for 2 days and i havent gotten it in September at all!
I had essure done in 2003 ever sence I have had 3 day periods. I used to have 5. They are darker in color and not heavy bleeding at all. i also have fibrocystical breast due to low hormones so I think that could be from the essure. Not proven. I have had no other problems.
wow i got the essure done march 8th in april i had a so called period for 3 weeks in a row on and off and not heavy at all it only comes out when i  wipe that's not normal for me mine are usually about 3-5 days and really heavy now it's june and i still haven't had my period plus on top of that all these pg symptoms i'm going to the dr to see what's up.
Just had the xray Aug. 27,2010 all is well only I have not had a period in two months. No one said anything about this side effect.
I had the essure procedure last Dec 09 and have had pretty "normal" periods - they would generally be early or on time but this month I am late (8 days today).  Think I should be concerned?  Trying not to be but this is not like me.  Thoughts?
I had the procedure done..... and I have heavy periods and really bad cramping. It has been 8 months since I have had the procedure done. I don't even understand why I have a period. I don't wanna have periods!
I also had the procedure and found out it worked in July 2010.I have not had my period since then.it's now January 2011 and still no sign.so you're not alone.
Me too...I had the procedure in November of 2010 and the contrast/dye scan in February with a successful scarring result.  We've had a pretty stressful year which usually affects my periods, but now they are hit or miss - brown discharge for a few days - which was late.  I took three pregnancy tests just to make sure we were safe, all negative.  I also just turned 41 - perimenopause or the inserts?
I have the same problem....I don't know the solution.If anyone konws about that, Please tell
I had the essure procedure done august 2nd, haven't had the dye test yet. right after i bleed for about a week and a half and then nothin for about a month. Then got super light spotting for 2-3 days. before, my periods were regular 5- 7 days.