Light period for over a week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Light period for over a week

I am 28 years old and until now I have been having normal periods. I had sex on the 19th of jan and my husband did use protection. But the condom was faulty. I took an I-Pill the next morning. But a week later, on the 26th I started with a very light period and it has been a week and the period has been light throughout. My normal period was to begin around the 10th of Feb.
I am completely unsure of what is going on, could you please advice me on this.
Thank you so much.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Irregular periods such as change in flow or duration may be attributed to hormone changes caused by the contraceptive pill. If taken as prescribed, it is very effective and conception may be ruled out. It usually goes back to normal after the hormone levels goes back to normal. If it persists or other symptoms arise, it is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hello Dr. Santos,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is back to normal now and all is well :-)
Thanks for explaining it in detail, that threw my tensions away.

Cheers!!