Aa
A
A
Close
Long period on Yaz
I started taking Yaz on the first day of my period, it's been two and a half weeks now and my period hasn't stopped at all.  Usually it only lasts about 3-4 days for me.  This is the first time I've been on ANY birth control and I know my body's going to have to adjust, but how long should I expect this to go on?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am experiencing the same thing.  Did your's ever stop after going through it for a couple of months?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i took YAZ for a while and my periods were longer and heavier at first too... they normal out though after a couple periods!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You weren't supposed to start taking it on the first day of your period. You were supposed to start taking it on the sunday after your period ended.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
That's only if you're a Sunday starter. They have two methods for starting your pack, and one of them is to start the first day of your period. That's what I did, and I'm having a super-heavy-long period right now, too.

I was on Yaz for a while, then off it for a few months, and I just went back on. I remember the long period happening last time, too. It'll even out after a while.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...