Long period on Yaz

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Long period on Yaz

I started taking Yaz on the first day of my period, it's been two and a half weeks now and my period hasn't stopped at all.  Usually it only lasts about 3-4 days for me.  This is the first time I've been on ANY birth control and I know my body's going to have to adjust, but how long should I expect this to go on?
Avatar n tn
I am experiencing the same thing.  Did your's ever stop after going through it for a couple of months?
i took YAZ for a while and my periods were longer and heavier at first too... they normal out though after a couple periods!  
Avatar n tn
You weren't supposed to start taking it on the first day of your period. You were supposed to start taking it on the sunday after your period ended.
Avatar n tn
That's only if you're a Sunday starter. They have two methods for starting your pack, and one of them is to start the first day of your period. That's what I did, and I'm having a super-heavy-long period right now, too.

I was on Yaz for a while, then off it for a few months, and I just went back on. I remember the long period happening last time, too. It'll even out after a while.
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals