Long period on Yaz

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Long period on Yaz

I started taking Yaz on the first day of my period, it's been two and a half weeks now and my period hasn't stopped at all.  Usually it only lasts about 3-4 days for me.  This is the first time I've been on ANY birth control and I know my body's going to have to adjust, but how long should I expect this to go on?
I am experiencing the same thing.  Did your's ever stop after going through it for a couple of months?
i took YAZ for a while and my periods were longer and heavier at first too... they normal out though after a couple periods!  
You weren't supposed to start taking it on the first day of your period. You were supposed to start taking it on the sunday after your period ended.
That's only if you're a Sunday starter. They have two methods for starting your pack, and one of them is to start the first day of your period. That's what I did, and I'm having a super-heavy-long period right now, too.

I was on Yaz for a while, then off it for a few months, and I just went back on. I remember the long period happening last time, too. It'll even out after a while.