Women's Health Community
Longer than usual period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Longer than usual period

I just had a question about my gilrfriends cycle to get a better understanding. Recently  she told me how she forgot to take one of her birth control pills so the next day she took two in one day. I dont know if this is in effect of this but her period has lasted for  I think about 2 weeks or so maybe a bit more. She said they aren't very heavy but she still is having her period so i wanted to know what could be the effects of such a thing. I've been tested and came up negative also.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
725219_tn?1261081850
taking 2 birth control pills in a day wouldnt prolong a period trust me i was on the pill for 7 years i can't count on 2 hands how many times i did the 2 pills in one day thing.. she should get in to a doctor could be a number of things.. cyst.. who knows..
Blank
Has she been on the pill for more than 3 months or so? I know when I started on my second month of using them, I had a period that lasted a full month.. It was however very light during the time I was not suppose to have one.

I've completely missed a period before once for taking 2 pills in a day when I missed in the last two weeks of the pack.. but that wouldn't make a period last longer.. I agree with the one above me.. have her see her dr. to make sure it's not from something else if she's been on it for awhile!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank