Lost Mirena IUD??
I recently went to see my OB/GYN to have my Mirena IUD removed. She said she cannot feel or see the strings, nor can she see the IUD. Where did the IUD go?!?!? She has now referred me to go get an ultrasound to see where the IUD is at. I am so scared that it is something bad and that I might need surgery.

Has anyone ever had an IUD disappear??
Maybe the Mirena has fallen out or maybe it has moved further in the uterine cavity. You should get an urgent ultrasound done to locate the Mirena and confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your kind words. I went to get the ultrasound today. The ultrasound tech, said my IUD is exactly where it should, but the strings are missing. Now I am waiting for them to send the results to my OB/GYN to see where they want to go from there. I feel better now, and less worried that they had found it.